Mike Williamson

Related:
Create New Tag

4/25/2019 4:30 PM

Been pretty quiet here lately whistling
Any word or rumour on where he landed? Or is headed too? Hope he gets a decent gig for all the years of service in the industry.

|

4/25/2019 4:35 PM

Per Gibbys pod, working for Father in Law that builds parts for Boeing and making more money! Good on Mike! Good pod as well Gibby!

|

4/25/2019 4:36 PM

Premix wrote:

Per Gibbys pod, working for Father in Law that builds parts for Boeing and making more money! Good on Mike! Good pod as well Gibby!

^^^ Once a day is all we ask.

|

4/25/2019 4:49 PM

Thanks Guy B for that podcast. Reading between the lines of what was said about bike setup and testing, one can only conclude that Eli definitely struggles with it. And when the bike is off, he is off. Mike wasn't going to slag him, but the way Guy B asked the questions, and the way Mike answered it was pretty obvious.

Seems like Eli could really use a dose of Aldon for the mental gains. Look at Dungey, he was a head case about the bike until he got with Aldon.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

4/25/2019 5:07 PM

Yes, this topic has not been adequately covered I think! w00t

|

4/25/2019 5:25 PM

Premix wrote:

Cheers. Didn't notice that. I'll have a listen. And good for Mike.

|

4/25/2019 5:26 PM

He’s been tied up with all the lawyers preparing the litigation against all the haters......

|

4/25/2019 5:41 PM

|

4/25/2019 5:44 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

He’s been tied up with all the lawyers preparing the litigation against all the haters......

Sounds like a case for Brian D. Harrison, Esquire!

|

4/25/2019 5:48 PM

Underground wrote:

Been pretty quiet here lately whistling
Any word or rumour on where he landed? Or is headed too? Hope he gets a decent gig for all the years of service in the industry.

Shit stirrer cool

|

Ed Johnson

4/25/2019 5:52 PM

He pretty much said that Cox doesn’t know shit.

|

4/25/2019 6:09 PM

MXD wrote:

He pretty much said that Cox doesn’t know shit.

So he said what we all knew
devil

|

4/25/2019 6:26 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

Sounds like a case for Brian D. Harrison, Esquire!

Dewey, Cheetum, and Howe, attorneys at law...

|

4/25/2019 6:33 PM

77 shock changes

|

4/25/2019 6:55 PM

If a crew chief is holding a rider back, he needs to be fired. Its pretty simple. Mechanics are HUGE know it alls. Can be really stubborn. If they didnt think of it its not a good idea.

|

4/25/2019 6:59 PM

Premix wrote:

Awesome pod and seems to explain why he left kawi, or his side of the story, good enough for me. Thought it was one of the more interesting podcast on the line up so far, good job GuyB. also the pod with Jim Holley is reallllly good, loved that one

|

4/25/2019 6:59 PM

motoarmageddon wrote:

If a crew chief is holding a rider back, he needs to be fired. Its pretty simple. Mechanics are HUGE know it alls. Can be really stubborn. If they didnt think of it its not a good idea.

Come on Bro, one guy is not going to hold up the requests of a rider Kawasaki has invested MANY millions of dollars in. "Crew Chief" moniker or not.

Dollars to donuts, this family opportunity came up in conversation, he slept on it for a while, and put in his notice.

|

4/25/2019 7:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/25/2019 7:01 PM

MotoMo165 wrote:

Awesome pod and seems to explain why he left kawi, or his side of the story, good enough for me. Thought it was one of the more interesting podcast on the line up so far, good job GuyB. also the pod with Jim Holley is reallllly good, loved that one

Jimmys Podcast was all time. Gibby has also really improved as well since the beginning.

|

4/25/2019 7:53 PM

Premix wrote:

MotoMo165 wrote:

Premix wrote:

Jimmys Podcast was all time. Gibby has also really improved as well since the beginning.

Thanks, gang. I know it won’t satisfy everyone, but I do try and get some answers. smile

|

4/25/2019 7:59 PM

MotoMo165 wrote:

Premix wrote:

GuyB wrote:

Thanks, gang. I know it won’t satisfy everyone, but I do try and get some answers. smile

It’s the second pod I’ve listened to on here, and it was really good! I’ll be listening to all of them. Thanks GuyB!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

4/25/2019 8:03 PM

Great podcast. Good insight

|

4/25/2019 9:52 PM

Dad lyf for da win. Thanks Guybro

|

4/25/2019 10:17 PM

Even if he gave two weeks after corporate asked him to resign he wins with a new job and more family time. Must feel good for Mike. Congrats!

|

4/26/2019 12:01 AM

motoarmageddon wrote:

avidchimp wrote:

Come on Bro, one guy is not going to hold up the requests of a rider Kawasaki has invested MANY millions of dollars in. "Crew Chief" moniker or not.

Dollars to donuts, this family opportunity came up in conversation, he slept on it for a while, and put in his notice.

Bullshit. One senior executive can fuck up a whole company with a few wrong moves, or blocking things. It can be a long process before someone that has been so long with a company gets bumped, plenty of time to hold things back with small means (probably against better judgement).

You have to be blind with all the info available not seeing that Mike was a disaster for factory kawi thus year.

Did you hear Blair's comment Eli made on the bike for mxon? Hey Eli, got bike dialed for outdoor? Eli reply: did you watch mxon (apparently looking at his mechanic)?

|

4/26/2019 12:16 AM

Photo
|

the ultimate MX renegade from the east shore of the big cold pond

4/26/2019 2:13 AM

motoarmageddon wrote:

avidchimp wrote:

aees wrote:

Bullshit. One senior executive can fuck up a whole company with a few wrong moves, or blocking things. It can be a long process before someone that has been so long with a company gets bumped, plenty of time to hold things back with small means (probably against better judgement).

You have to be blind with all the info available not seeing that Mike was a disaster for factory kawi thus year.

Did you hear Blair's comment Eli made on the bike for mxon? Hey Eli, got bike dialed for outdoor? Eli reply: did you watch mxon (apparently looking at his mechanic)?

You lost the argument at "One Senior Executive". Mike was not that person.

|

4/26/2019 2:17 AM

avidchimp wrote:

aees wrote:

avidchimp wrote:

He had the same power and position, that all that matters. Nothing about the bike and team went another way then through mike. You have to be blind not to know that.

|

4/26/2019 2:24 AM

aees wrote:

He had the same power and position, that all that matters. Nothing about the bike and team went another way then through mike. You have to be blind not to know that.

Look, I really have no dog in this fight. Just saying one man didn't run that show and say "My way or the highway."

|

4/26/2019 2:32 AM

avidchimp wrote:

aees wrote:

avidchimp wrote:

Look, I really have no dog in this fight. Just saying one man didn't run that show and say "My way or the highway."

Not that black or white. But he did control and was responsible for it, it's impossible to say anything else with all info that has come out.

Just listened to Savagy, whole season destroyed from front end wash outs from decisions team made, it was pretty clear that bike was the issue but he said he did not want to hang anyone out (but those issues was 100% out of his control).

It is enough one thing is blocked to screw up a bike or its progress.

I was just with a team for a day testing factory suspension for a top 5 rider. Far from everything he wanted could be accomplished, because of decisions in suspension philosophy from senior people that has been at the top themselves 20y ago.

|

4/26/2019 2:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/26/2019 2:35 AM

aees wrote:

avidchimp wrote:

aees wrote:

Not that black or white. But he did control and was responsible for it, it's impossible to say anything else with all info that has come out.

Just listened to Savagy, whole season destroyed from front end wash outs from decisions team made, it was pretty clear that bike was the issue but he said he did not want to hang anyone out (but those issues was 100% out of his control).

It is enough one thing is blocked to screw up a bike or its progress.

I was just with a team for a day testing factory suspension for a top 5 rider. Far from everything he wanted could be accomplished, because of decisions in suspension philosophy from senior people that has been at the top themselves 20y ago.

Can add just to fill in some details, and how crucial it can be, that a big topic was preload or not on fork springs

|