Mike WIlliamson gone from Kawasaki?

MXD
Edited Date/Time 4/13/2019 4:45am
Did I hear that correctly on the pulp show last night? I haven't heard or seen it anywhere else. Maybe that's why they killed his appearance on the show last week. Does anyone know the story?
|
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
3/12/2019 6:51am
I've known Mike since he started wrenching, he is 100% a straight up dude. For Kawa to cut him mid season don't sound right. All the best to him either way.
MXD
3/12/2019 6:55am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2019 6:58am
Boomslang wrote:
I've known Mike since he started wrenching, he is 100% a straight up dude. For Kawa to cut him mid season don't sound right. All the...
I've known Mike since he started wrenching, he is 100% a straight up dude. For Kawa to cut him mid season don't sound right. All the best to him either way.
It definitely looks like it was for something other than job performance. Maybe he was butting heads with ET over his struggles this year and ET didn't want to hear it so he decided to "win the argument"?

kb228
3/12/2019 6:56am
After years of winning with ryan, hes tired of tomac being tomac
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
3/12/2019 7:06am
Boomslang wrote:
I've known Mike since he started wrenching, he is 100% a straight up dude. For Kawa to cut him mid season don't sound right. All the...
MXD wrote:
It definitely looks like it was for something other than job performance. Maybe he was butting heads with ET over his struggles this year and ET...
It definitely looks like it was for something other than job performance. Maybe he was butting heads with ET over his struggles this year and ET didn't want to hear it so he decided to "win the argument"?

Your theory is plausible but I can't see that being the reason...if the hearsay turns out true. Both Tomac and Williamson or professionals, a team goes through highs and lows...together.

Not going to speculate.

The Shop

MXD
3/12/2019 7:34am
Regardless, I'm surprised by it. It seems like an odd move by either party, mid season.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
3/12/2019 7:38am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2019 7:39am
MXD wrote:
Did I hear that correctly on the pulp show last night? I haven't heard or seen it anywhere else. Maybe that's why they killed his appearance...
Did I hear that correctly on the pulp show last night? I haven't heard or seen it anywhere else. Maybe that's why they killed his appearance on the show last week. Does anyone know the story?
The first question that needs to be answered is..."Did YOU hear correctly on Pulp?"

ML512
Fantasy
45th
3/12/2019 7:41am
MXD wrote:
Did I hear that correctly on the pulp show last night? I haven't heard or seen it anywhere else. Maybe that's why they killed his appearance...
Boomslang wrote:
The first question that needs to be answered is..."Did YOU hear correctly on Pulp?"

Yes, Williamson is no longer with the team.

I’m not surprised.
MXD
3/12/2019 7:42am
MXD wrote:
Boomslang wrote:

ML512 wrote:

I’m not surprised.
Why aren't you surprised? What can you share? Was my original speculation correct?
3/12/2019 7:43am
MXD wrote:
Boomslang wrote:

ML512 wrote:

I’m not surprised.
Why, though?
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2888th
3/12/2019 7:43am
ML512 wrote:

I’m not surprised.
Bummer! May I ask why this is no surprise to you?
ML512
Fantasy
45th
3/12/2019 7:44am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2019 9:27am
Boomslang wrote:

ML512 wrote:

I’m not surprised.
Why, though?
I can think of a reason or two but don’t know for sure why he’s gone, so I’m not going to speculate as to why. But if you listened to the show you’ll hear I said “I’m not surprised” without missing a beat when Matthes brought it up.

Edit: According to a message that was just passed to me, he quit of his own regards. Newborn twins, done traveling, his decision.
3/12/2019 7:45am
ML512 wrote:

I’m not surprised.
Why, though?
ML512 wrote:
I can think of a reason or two but don’t know for sure why he’s gone, so I’m not going to speculate as to why. But...
I can think of a reason or two but don’t know for sure why he’s gone, so I’m not going to speculate as to why. But if you listened to the show you’ll hear I said “I’m not surprised” without missing a beat when Matthes brought it up.

Edit: According to a message that was just passed to me, he quit of his own regards. Newborn twins, done traveling, his decision.
I guess what i meant was, why are you not surprised?
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
3/12/2019 7:46am
I'm also curious but just like (what was in) Davi's locker, we will never know.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
3/12/2019 7:47am
MXD wrote:
Regardless, I'm surprised by it. It seems like an odd move by either party, mid season.
MXD....no fear mate, your hearing abilities are 100%.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
3/12/2019 7:48am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2019 7:49am
Boomslang wrote:
According to a conversation I had with Millsaps last week, he’s glad to share what it was, as soon as a certain legal matter is finished up.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/12/2019 7:50am
Boomslang wrote:
ML512 wrote:
According to a conversation I had with Millsaps last week, he’s glad to share what it was, as soon as a certain legal matter is finished...
According to a conversation I had with Millsaps last week, he’s glad to share what it was, as soon as a certain legal matter is finished up.
As soon as the case is settled? Blink Sarcasm?
MXD
3/12/2019 7:53am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2019 7:54am
I'm listening to the archive now and I just heard it come up again later in the show and Matthes says "I don't know! I don't think he got along with the Tomacs but I don't know. I'm trying to find out".
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
3/12/2019 8:32am
Boomslang wrote:
ML512 wrote:
According to a conversation I had with Millsaps last week, he’s glad to share what it was, as soon as a certain legal matter is finished...
Crumbs, so the "infamous question" will finally be put bed.

....and a new one arises. What went down with MW?
HusqFan3
3/12/2019 8:50am
Boomslang wrote:
MXD wrote:
It definitely looks like it was for something other than job performance. Maybe he was butting heads with ET over his struggles this year and ET...

At least this isn’t speculative at all... Another plausible scenario is they all decided to order pizza to celebrate winning Daytona. In a move that ultimately led to his demise, Mike ate the last piece of Tomac’s Favorite pizza and in response, ET3 gave the higher ups at Kawi an ultimatum?
toomanykaws
3/12/2019 9:22am
He sure wrenched on some championship winning bikes at Kawi in his time there. And a whole lot wins.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
3/12/2019 9:26am
According to a message that was just passed to me, he quit of his own regards. Newborn twins, done traveling, his decision.
MelonFan123
3/12/2019 9:27am
peelout wrote:
how famous is Mike's dad?
Ummm...his dad is none other than one Arthur Digby Williamson.

Ever hear of a show called Branded? He wrote 156 episodes, bulk of the series. Not exactly a light weight.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/12/2019 9:46am
ML512 wrote:
According to a message that was just passed to me, he quit of his own regards. Newborn twins, done traveling, his decision.
Little weird to quit in the middle of the season, isn't it? I mean, as a father and husband I totally understand wanting to not travel and wanting to be with the family as much as possible, but you'd think he'd at least finish out SX.

Best of luck to Mike with whatever he decides to do!
3/12/2019 9:50am
ML512 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Little weird to quit in the middle of the season, isn't it? I mean, as a father and husband I totally understand wanting to not travel...
Little weird to quit in the middle of the season, isn't it? I mean, as a father and husband I totally understand wanting to not travel and wanting to be with the family as much as possible, but you'd think he'd at least finish out SX.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet, even if ML is posting it. He got the answer they want the public to think. Seems like things aren't going so hot on making Eli comfortable on the new bike. No doubt there could be some friction over there right now.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
3/12/2019 9:51am
ML512 wrote:
In other words, he left with Kawasaki's blessing. In my books, that is good news.

Now we anxiously await the news from Davy. Whistling
MXD
3/12/2019 9:53am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2019 9:56am
ML512 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Little weird to quit in the middle of the season, isn't it? I mean, as a father and husband I totally understand wanting to not travel...

Don't believe everything you read on the internet, even if ML is posting it. He got the answer they want the public to think. Seems like...
Don't believe everything you read on the internet, even if ML is posting it. He got the answer they want the public to think. Seems like things aren't going so hot on making Eli comfortable on the new bike. No doubt there could be some friction over there right now.
I have to agree with you. I've been in the position that ML claims that Mike is in. I left a job to spend more time with my wife and newborn son. It was a lot of planning with a lot of safety nets and it WASN'T in the middle of a "season". That's burning a bridge. I made sure to wait until the timing was best for all involved. ML's story is tough to believe.
Stuntman949
3/12/2019 9:56am
Ummm...his dad is none other than one Arthur Digby Williamson. Ever hear of a show called Branded? He wrote 156 episodes, bulk of the series. Not...
Ummm...his dad is none other than one Arthur Digby Williamson.

Ever hear of a show called Branded? He wrote 156 episodes, bulk of the series. Not exactly a light weight.
You win today MelonFan Grinning

Post a reply to: Mike WIlliamson gone from Kawasaki?

The Latest