Mike WIlliamson gone from Kawasaki?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/12/2019 6:41 AM

Did I hear that correctly on the pulp show last night? I haven't heard or seen it anywhere else. Maybe that's why they killed his appearance on the show last week. Does anyone know the story?

|

3/12/2019 6:51 AM

I've known Mike since he started wrenching, he is 100% a straight up dude. For Kawa to cut him mid season don't sound right. All the best to him either way.

|

3/12/2019 6:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/12/2019 6:58 AM

Boomslang wrote:

I've known Mike since he started wrenching, he is 100% a straight up dude. For Kawa to cut him mid season don't sound right. All the best to him either way.

It definitely looks like it was for something other than job performance. Maybe he was butting heads with ET over his struggles this year and ET didn't want to hear it so he decided to "win the argument"?

|

3/12/2019 6:56 AM

After years of winning with ryan, hes tired of tomac being tomac

|

3/12/2019 7:06 AM

Boomslang wrote:

MXD wrote:

It definitely looks like it was for something other than job performance. Maybe he was butting heads with ET over his struggles this year and ET didn't want to hear it so he decided to "win the argument"?

Your theory is plausible but I can't see that being the reason...if the hearsay turns out true. Both Tomac and Williamson or professionals, a team goes through highs and lows...together.

Not going to speculate.

|

3/12/2019 7:34 AM

Regardless, I'm surprised by it. It seems like an odd move by either party, mid season.

|

3/12/2019 7:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/12/2019 7:39 AM

MXD wrote:

Did I hear that correctly on the pulp show last night? I haven't heard or seen it anywhere else. Maybe that's why they killed his appearance on the show last week. Does anyone know the story?

The first question that needs to be answered is..."Did YOU hear correctly on Pulp?"

|

3/12/2019 7:41 AM

Too early for Locker jokes?..

|

3/12/2019 7:41 AM

MXD wrote:

Boomslang wrote:

The first question that needs to be answered is..."Did YOU hear correctly on Pulp?"

Yes, Williamson is no longer with the team.

I’m not surprised.

|

If you liked my bike tests from Vital, head to my YouTube channel to see my latest tests and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcgAl-F63686Bfnt44vmrfQ
Instagram: @Michael_Lindsay512

3/12/2019 7:42 AM

MXD wrote:

Boomslang wrote:

ML512 wrote:

I’m not surprised.

Why aren't you surprised? What can you share? Was my original speculation correct?

|

3/12/2019 7:43 AM

MXD wrote:

Boomslang wrote:

ML512 wrote:

I’m not surprised.

Why, though?

|

3/12/2019 7:43 AM

ML512 wrote:

I’m not surprised.

Bummer! May I ask why this is no surprise to you?

|

3/12/2019 7:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/12/2019 9:27 AM

Boomslang wrote:

ML512 wrote:

I’m not surprised.

yamaharider471 wrote:

Why, though?

I can think of a reason or two but don’t know for sure why he’s gone, so I’m not going to speculate as to why. But if you listened to the show you’ll hear I said “I’m not surprised” without missing a beat when Matthes brought it up.

Edit: According to a message that was just passed to me, he quit of his own regards. Newborn twins, done traveling, his decision.

|

If you liked my bike tests from Vital, head to my YouTube channel to see my latest tests and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcgAl-F63686Bfnt44vmrfQ

3/12/2019 7:45 AM

ML512 wrote:

I’m not surprised.

yamaharider471 wrote:

Why, though?

ML512 wrote:

I can think of a reason or two but don’t know for sure why he’s gone, so I’m not going to speculate as to why. But if you listened to the show you’ll hear I said “I’m not surprised” without missing a beat when Matthes brought it up.

Edit: According to a message that was just passed to me, he quit of his own regards. Newborn twins, done traveling, his decision.

I guess what i meant was, why are you not surprised?

|

3/12/2019 7:46 AM

I'm also curious but just like (what was in) Davi's locker, we will never know.

|

3/12/2019 7:47 AM

MXD wrote:

Regardless, I'm surprised by it. It seems like an odd move by either party, mid season.

MXD....no fear mate, your hearing abilities are 100%.

|

3/12/2019 7:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/12/2019 7:49 AM

Boomslang wrote:

According to a conversation I had with Millsaps last week, he’s glad to share what it was, as soon as a certain legal matter is finished up.

|

3/12/2019 7:50 AM

Boomslang wrote:

ML512 wrote:

According to a conversation I had with Millsaps last week, he’s glad to share what it was, as soon as a certain legal matter is finished up.

As soon as the case is settled? Sarcasm?

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, O'Neal, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

3/12/2019 7:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/12/2019 7:54 AM

I'm listening to the archive now and I just heard it come up again later in the show and Matthes says "I don't know! I don't think he got along with the Tomacs but I don't know. I'm trying to find out".

|

3/12/2019 8:24 AM

Got to keep the talent happy..

|

3/12/2019 8:32 AM

Boomslang wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Crumbs, so the "infamous question" will finally be put bed.

....and a new one arises. What went down with MW?

|

3/12/2019 8:50 AM

Boomslang wrote:

MXD wrote:

At least this isn’t speculative at all... Another plausible scenario is they all decided to order pizza to celebrate winning Daytona. In a move that ultimately led to his demise, Mike ate the last piece of Tomac’s Favorite pizza and in response, ET3 gave the higher ups at Kawi an ultimatum?

|

3/12/2019 9:10 AM

how famous is Mike's dad?

|

3/12/2019 9:22 AM

He sure wrenched on some championship winning bikes at Kawi in his time there. And a whole lot wins.

|

3/12/2019 9:26 AM

According to a message that was just passed to me, he quit of his own regards. Newborn twins, done traveling, his decision.

|

3/12/2019 9:27 AM

peelout wrote:

how famous is Mike's dad?

Ummm...his dad is none other than one Arthur Digby Williamson.

Ever hear of a show called Branded? He wrote 156 episodes, bulk of the series. Not exactly a light weight.

|

3/12/2019 9:46 AM

ML512 wrote:

According to a message that was just passed to me, he quit of his own regards. Newborn twins, done traveling, his decision.

Little weird to quit in the middle of the season, isn't it? I mean, as a father and husband I totally understand wanting to not travel and wanting to be with the family as much as possible, but you'd think he'd at least finish out SX.

Best of luck to Mike with whatever he decides to do!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, O'Neal, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

3/12/2019 9:50 AM

ML512 wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Little weird to quit in the middle of the season, isn't it? I mean, as a father and husband I totally understand wanting to not travel and wanting to be with the family as much as possible, but you'd think he'd at least finish out SX.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet, even if ML is posting it. He got the answer they want the public to think. Seems like things aren't going so hot on making Eli comfortable on the new bike. No doubt there could be some friction over there right now.

|

3/12/2019 9:51 AM

ML512 wrote:

In other words, he left with Kawasaki's blessing. In my books, that is good news.

Now we anxiously await the news from Davy.

|

3/12/2019 9:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/12/2019 9:56 AM

ML512 wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Squirrelings wrote:

Don't believe everything you read on the internet, even if ML is posting it. He got the answer they want the public to think. Seems like things aren't going so hot on making Eli comfortable on the new bike. No doubt there could be some friction over there right now.

I have to agree with you. I've been in the position that ML claims that Mike is in. I left a job to spend more time with my wife and newborn son. It was a lot of planning with a lot of safety nets and it WASN'T in the middle of a "season". That's burning a bridge. I made sure to wait until the timing was best for all involved. ML's story is tough to believe.

|