Mike Sleeter leaving KTM after 14yrs, moving to Australia

Related:
Create New Tag

5/23/2018 10:03 AM

Just listened to the interview with Mike Sleeter on the BigMX Radio podcast... Was pretty surprised to hear that after a 14 years with KTM, Mike is leaving the company (on good terms) to focus more on raising his two young boys with his wife..

Fun fact: Sleeter is married to the sister of Aussie MXer Dan Reardon. In 2019, Mike and his family are moving to Australia to begin a new chapter in their lives. Said he's already sold his house in California and is moving to an apartment in Murrieta temporarily.

In the meantime, Mike will be doing testing for Transworld Motocross. Donn Meada gave him a 2018.5 Rockstar edition Husky to ride, which he'll be racing at Mammoth. Mike said he'll also be racing the World Vets race too (bike TBD). This new role also gives him the freedom to train young riders and go back to being a brand ambassador of sorts for companies like 100%, Answer, etc - a role he had to forego while at KTM.

Never really knew a ton about Mike other than he seemed to catch some shade for maybe not always rubbing people the right way? What I did know was that anytime the 111 bike was on the track, the dude could haul the mail. Good luck to Sleeter on this exciting new chapter in his life - sounds like he's earned it.

Photo

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

5/23/2018 10:09 AM

Wow I never knew he was Reardon’s brother-in-law.
I’m sure Sleeter had a huge part in the development of what our showroom KTM’s are today.

|

Current rides-
1988 RM250
2019 KX450

5/23/2018 10:18 AM

Superdave19 wrote:

Wow I never knew he was Reardon’s brother-in-law.
I’m sure Sleeter had a huge part in the development of what our showroom KTM’s are today.

I think he did too. I'm sure his input is in part of what has shaped our KTM's / Husky's into what they are. Mike has always seemed like a good dude , and a guy I kinda always wanted to meet. Lot's of knowledge in his head , and a vast amount in experience in both racing and behind the scenes type stuff. I wish him and his family the best on their new journey.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

5/23/2018 12:43 PM

I have never seen anybody ride a 250 twostroke as hard as Sleeter at Pala back in 2010. It was spectacular.

|

5/23/2018 2:50 PM

Did he say where in Aus he was gonna live? Hope he likes the Nanny State!
Victoria is pretty good to be in for a Moto guy, there will soon be a fifth Moto park opening.
The race scene is pretty bad ,though he probably wouldn't care about that.
If he's smart he will settle in a rural area. The cities are totally nuts now, and you have to be a multi millionaire to buy a two bedroom fibro shack in most of the cities!

|

2020 YZ450F
2006 YZ125
2013 YZ 250F special edition
2017 YZ 250
2015 YZ 250f soecial edition
2019 KTM 85 big wheel
1979 YZ 250

5/23/2018 3:54 PM

PJRAUS wrote:

Did he say where in Aus he was gonna live? Hope he likes the Nanny State!
Victoria is pretty good to be in for a Moto guy, there will soon be a fifth Moto park opening.
The race scene is pretty bad ,though he probably wouldn't care about that.
If he's smart he will settle in a rural area. The cities are totally nuts now, and you have to be a multi millionaire to buy a two bedroom fibro shack in most of the cities!

What he said^^^

I'm guessing Qld

|

5/23/2018 5:20 PM

Jrewing wrote:

What he said^^^

I'm guessing Qld

Queensland , Beautiful one day perfect the next!

|

2020 YZ450F
2006 YZ125
2013 YZ 250F special edition
2017 YZ 250
2015 YZ 250f soecial edition
2019 KTM 85 big wheel
1979 YZ 250

5/23/2018 6:09 PM

good for Sleeter but now it's too bad I won't be seeing that beater chevy van of his all over town anymore.

...or is he leaving cuz RV is a vet racer now? tongue

|