crowe660 crowe660
11/14/2020 9:14 AM
Photo
Chris_Buehler Chris_Buehler
11/14/2020 9:15 AM

Awesome. He was one hell of an outdoor rider. Quite underated if you ask me

Thisusernameisavailable Thisusernameisavailable
11/14/2020 9:39 AM

Was never a huge fan of the Kied, due to him being Cooper's arch rival in '90 (Im a Suzuki guy..)

But he's right in the best era for me, can't wait til Monday morning, stick the bluetooth earphones on and get to work whilst listening! Love every minute of these Ping, GL & Donnie, thanks guys.

The above may be fact or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting. I am not sure, you have no chance.

JOE_SPROCKETS#1 JOE_SPROCKETS#1
11/14/2020 10:51 AM

Another good one. The “tell us a rental car story” question is turning into one of my favorite questions to hear answered each show.

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

rongi#401 rongi#401
11/14/2020 12:48 PM

That’s still his license plate, saw him on the 126 a while ago

Rupert X Rupert X
11/14/2020 1:46 PM

I’m fascinated by riders like Mike, that had incredible success in motocross, yet seemingly developed only minor fan bases within our sport, George Holland is another that quickly comes to mind....

Moto Mofo Moto Mofo
11/14/2020 2:06 PM
Rupert X wrote:

I’m fascinated by riders ...more

I heard someone ask Howerton if it bothered him that guys like Hannah and others got more attention than him after their MX/SX careers ended... “the squeaky wheel gets the grease,” he replied. Gave me a different outlook on what you’re describing.

Ramrod Ramrod
11/14/2020 2:07 PM
Chris_Buehler wrote:

Awesome. He was one hell ...more

Yes very underrated but he also had a low key personality. Great racer!

H4L H4L
11/14/2020 2:34 PM

Just got done watching the episode. He was a very good racer / champion that was a bit under the radar. Keep up the good work Ping..

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

TXDirt TXDirt
11/14/2020 6:33 PM
dpingree101 wrote:

Caught up with Hall of ...more

Love that pic! It just screams 90s!!!

profeshenal125 profeshenal125
11/14/2020 8:50 PM
Chris_Buehler wrote:

Awesome. He was one hell ...more

I liked watching him on a 125. The top 15 at Millville in 91 where flying. Mike won a moto on his KX125. Some of the best pics of CR125,s racing are of Mike.

DynoDan22 DynoDan22
11/14/2020 9:56 PM

The hybrid '90 CR125 with the '90 CR250 subframe/seat/side panels that he raced at Gainesville and a few other races was so awesome. I'd love to know the story behind that bike. Seemed like early in the '90 MX series they ran the updated rear end but went back to the old style rear end plastic later in the series (him and Bayle).

Crush Crush
11/15/2020 12:01 AM

Really enjoyed this. Huge Kied fan and what an underrated career!

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Muscle-Milk-KTM Muscle-Milk-KTM
11/15/2020 3:21 AM

Great interview as always but I have to correct the MX Kied about the Des Nations. He won in ‘89 in Germany, 91 in Holland, 93 in Austria and he was on the losing team in 94 in Switzerland. He never raced Lommel, it’s only been there in 81 & 12.

Crush Crush
11/15/2020 3:50 AM
dpingree101 wrote:

Caught up with Hall of ...more

TXDirt wrote:

Love that pic! It just ...more

Answer had some under-rated kits back in the day. Not quite Axo/Huffy level but still some cool stuff.

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rabbit Run 41 Rabbit Run 41
11/15/2020 7:43 PM

Great listen on the way back from the track today. I can still remember seeing Larocco stopped in the foreground with Kiedrowski letting his bike go in the background.

Suicidal_Tendencies Suicidal_Tendencies
11/15/2020 8:36 PM

I can't get enough of these interviews. Mike was an animal outdoors, and it's so cool getting an inside perspective on their career ups and downs. Great job.

BigDaddyG BigDaddyG
11/15/2020 10:44 PM

Very cool interview on a guy I don’t think many people knew much about. It was a good watch for sure!

dpingree101 dpingree101
11/18/2020 8:03 AM

Hugely underrated racer. Very few can match his resume.

TyRod TyRod
11/18/2020 9:43 AM
Rabbit Run 41 wrote:

Great listen on the way ...more

Got to watch that first hand at Red Bud when it happened!!
Remember reading in a magazine in early 90's about him getting busted by the cops for riding in the hills around his house and was wondering how the hell that happened? Met him a few months later at an autograph signing for the Indy SX and asked him about it, his response was "damn helicopters," LOL!!

JOE_SPROCKETS#1 JOE_SPROCKETS#1
11/18/2020 10:38 AM
Rabbit Run 41 wrote:

Great listen on the way ...more

TyRod wrote:

Got to watch that first ...more

I think its at the end of one of the Moto XXX movies from the 90s the cop that's writing the ticket even says he busted Kiedrowski not to long ago.... The Cop was a real douche

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

davistld01 davistld01
11/18/2020 11:08 AM
Rupert X wrote:

Their time was prior to social media.

profeshenal125 profeshenal125
11/18/2020 6:52 PM
rongi#401 wrote:

That’s still his license ...more

Haha I was looking for his mxkied1 lic tag today. I delivered 43k of hz mat to Ontario Ca., ld of snow blowers out of San Bernardino going to NJ. 1st time in Ca. Since 08, all cool people yet.

G-man G-man
11/18/2020 7:20 PM
Rupert X wrote:

davistld01 wrote:

Their time was prior to ...more

True but not always the case look at Bob Hannah, Marty Smith, Magoo Chandler, Rick Johnson etc all had huge fan bases before social media.

Mike just was a different type of personality kind of low key and just the hard working bring my lunch pail type of guy.

And it seems like he is still like that today.
Another good interview from one of the Greats!

ProKawi24 ProKawi24
11/18/2020 8:50 PM

One of my biggest idols growing up in the 90's. I'll never forget meeting him at Hangtown as a kid and watching him rip. My Dad and I stood behind the start and were behind his gate, the roost that thing kicked up nearly knocked the wind out of me.

MCM2 name - RXR_ProKawi24
PS4 Gamertag "Rocko24" - Add me for MES2 (soon to be MES3)

yzken250x yzken250x
11/20/2020 8:24 PM

I’ve known Mike since jr high school. We’re good friends and he’s always been one of the nicest guys the sport has seen. If it wasn’t for his high school girlfriend Wendy, Mike and I would of never passed Economics. We sat next to each other and Wendy gave us the answers to the tests. Lol

devindavisphoto devindavisphoto
11/21/2020 12:22 AM
rongi#401 wrote:

That’s still his license ...more

I was driving on the 126 last week and saw a truck in front of me with the license plate "MX KIED" and I was like hey it's Mike Kiedrowski! laughing

MX45 MX45
11/21/2020 12:12 PM
JOE_SPROCKETS#1 wrote:

I think its at the end of ...more

"But I bought tickets to the policeman's ball last year!" lol I think Link said that. That part always made me laugh. Might have been in SMP's Disturbing the Peace though?

Anyway,
Kiedrowski was the first pro I ever met. He was done with MX and starting or about to start racing GNCC's. He was at Hardrock in Ocala, FL just checking out the scene. Nobody knew who he was. I was about 12 years old and I recognized his mullet from behind lol. I asked him for his autograph. He was real cool and chatted with me for a bit. Actually I remember now I had a broken leg with an external fixator and he was a little freaked out by it!

Thanks Ping. I havn't listened to this one yet but TWTS is always great.

Mike

ridge ridge
11/23/2020 8:35 AM

You guys are killing it Ping. 👊👊👊

btn
btn
1 of 2

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry