Mike Healey

11/4/2009 10:49pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:04pm
Mike will be a guest of the Delancey House in Los Angeles, a rehabilitation home for 2 years, and will be on formal probation for 5. He will serve no prison time whatsoever. That is all I know for now, but it sounds like good news for him.
|
swizcore
11/4/2009 10:51pm
Good for him, hope he actively engages the rehabilitation.
hammertime
11/5/2009 1:31am
my heart tells me prision...he wacked a old lady......but my memory worshiped that blond kid on the cr. 80 and the rm. 105. shit, when i was in my prime on an 80 in my area in canada.....i just freaked every thursday when that cycle news came in the mail waiting to see if mike beat hicks, l ward, surratt, lewis, moore, brooks....ect. best mini crop ever!

The Shop

DAYKIN17
11/5/2009 2:37am Edited Date/Time 1/25/2011 2:54am
hammertime wrote:
my heart tells me prision...he wacked a old lady......but my memory worshiped that blond kid on the cr. 80 and the rm. 105. shit, when i...
my heart tells me prision...he wacked a old lady......but my memory worshiped that blond kid on the cr. 80 and the rm. 105. shit, when i was in my prime on an 80 in my area in canada.....i just freaked every thursday when that cycle news came in the mail waiting to see if mike beat hicks, l ward, surratt, lewis, moore, brooks....ect. best mini crop ever!
DPW
11/5/2009 5:51am
so I guess before you commit a crime you should be high on drugs?

DAYKIN17
11/5/2009 5:56am
DPW wrote:

huh ?
DPW
11/5/2009 6:01am
DPW wrote:

DAYKIN17 wrote:
huh ?
sounds like if you have a "drug problem" and commit a crime they let you off with a slap on the wrist. Had he just been some normal sober chump that beat up an old lady he would be in jail.

make sense...??
jmar
11/5/2009 6:20am
Mike will be a guest of the Delancey House in Los Angeles, a rehabilitation home for 2 years, and will be on formal probation for 5...
Mike will be a guest of the Delancey House in Los Angeles, a rehabilitation home for 2 years, and will be on formal probation for 5. He will serve no prison time whatsoever. That is all I know for now, but it sounds like good news for him.
That's good news in my book. Everyone deserves a chance to right themselves and he is getting that chance.

Good to see you here BrownDog.
Coyote
11/5/2009 8:28am
Mikes a great kid as I worked with him at Cagiva years ago, he's not the same guy we're talking about here. Don't know if it was drugs or what but it's not the Healey I came to know and respect. Hope all works out for him!!
Slow ~ Pro
11/5/2009 8:46am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 6:47pm
Just to let you all know, Mike DID NOT, beat up an old lady. This is the sole reason he was not sentenced to prison. For the record, what he did was grab her purse, and put his hand on her shoulder to separate the two. (purse & person)

I am not condoning the issue, it was wrong, Mike, admits he was a monster. The drug Mike was on, caused him to have sever with drawls... During these with drawls, he would have violent diarrhea, violent vomiting, and sweat profusely. Every two hours his body demanded the drug. At first the drug was a bad choice, but it became an addiction.

In his aging years, Mike, needed pain medication, for his many broken bones over his professional career. Few know that when Mike was racing for a world title, that he had crashed in a first Moto, and broke his neck. For the second Moto, he simply rolled a towel, and duct taped it to his neck, then went out and won the second moto. He was dedicated to winning for the USA. Unfortunately he lost to Travis Parker.

Mike's pain became harder to take... His downfall was when he met someone that showed him a drug that could relieve his pain. Opiates, turned Mike, in to a Monster.

Within two years Mike, will be here to apologize for all his actions. Still he knows, he will never be accepted by everyone.

As I look Mike, in the eyes, I see a new man. I also see shame, in what he has gone through. He has lost his home, and he has not seen his beloved daughter in six months.

I truly don't care being attacked on here, or any other board, for my actions in trying to save a man that I consider a great friend.

I challenge any, and all, to step to my face and talk to me. I fear none, and will gladly explain more.

Just so some you know, many of the prizes (swag) given away at the Vet Nationals this past week, came from Mike's garage. He asked me to donate to all the MXers.

The fact that Mike, has learned a horrible lesson, in a horrible way, does not mean he is a horrible person, but he did do a horrible thing. He knows, I know, and his mother knows...

The Judge, called him a coward, and a Monster... But the judge also admitted that because he only has the ONE offense, and that he is a man worth rehabilitating, he made a personal, and special call to the Delancey street foundation. Mike, was interviewed, on October 21st, and accepted.

For those of you believe that drugs are a poor excuse, Mike Healey, 100% agrees with you. Speaking with Mike Healey's long time great friend Mike Ulrich, he spoke of how Mike Healey, would get extremely angry for those that made the choice of drug use... That's the ironic part. Mike, never expected this of himself. Not an excuse, but a reason.

Thanks again, to all those that supported in this very, touchy matter. I have received so many cool letters, and the letters from the big wigs in the industry are really touching, only because they have seen this far to often ion many professional racers.

Through my/our challenge of this matter, I have been blind sided by how many Pros, are using, it is sad, and it all stems from pain.

Now, I am off to fight The Family court, to allow Mike, to see his daughter.

Good, or bad, opinions, thanks for reading.
DanDunes818
11/5/2009 8:56am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 6:47pm
Mike will be a guest of the Delancey House in Los Angeles, a rehabilitation home for 2 years, and will be on formal probation for 5...
jmar wrote:
That's good news in my book. Everyone deserves a chance to right themselves and he is getting that chance.

If it was your Grandma that was pushed around and robbed of her purse would you be ok with her attacker getting no jail time. I seriously doubt you or anyone else on this site would be ok w/it if it was their grandmas. People need to put themselves in the place of the victim or the victims family before you sympathize with Mike. Also if this was a random person on drugs that attacked a old woman all of you guys would be all about locking the scumbag up but because it's an ex pro you think it's a good thing he got smacked on the wrist. I don't get it. Like a lot of you grew up watching,cheering and idolizing Mike but to me all that was erased when he attacked a helpless old lady.

I also love how the last post says he didn't beat up an old lady. You can go ahead and minimize it if it makes you feel better. I know he didn't beat her up but he did hurt her when he shoved her and stole her purse. To me that's bad enough.

Fuck Mike Healey!!!
zjbell
11/5/2009 9:08am
I hope the guy takes it seriously and gets the help he needs, IMHO he got off easy on this one.
Slow ~ Pro
11/5/2009 9:09am
If it was your Grandma that was pushed around and robbed of her purse would you be ok with her attacker getting no jail time. I...
If it was your Grandma that was pushed around and robbed of her purse would you be ok with her attacker getting no jail time. I seriously doubt you or anyone else on this site would be ok w/it if it was their grandmas. People need to put themselves in the place of the victim or the victims family before you sympathize with Mike. Also if this was a random person on drugs that attacked a old woman all of you guys would be all about locking the scumbag up but because it's an ex pro you think it's a good thing he got smacked on the wrist. I don't get it. Like a lot of you grew up watching,cheering and idolizing Mike but to me all that was erased when he attacked a helpless old lady.

I also love how the last post says he didn't beat up an old lady. You can go ahead and minimize it if it makes you feel better. I know he didn't beat her up but he did hurt her when he shoved her and stole her purse. To me that's bad enough.

Fuck Mike Healey!!!
Dan, you are absolutely correct. I agree, and so would Mike...
Still we dig deep for those we care about. Just looking for a return of better times.
Ozzy
11/5/2009 9:12am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 6:47pm
Sure his life took a bad turn that's true,
but back in the day, '87 he was on my team.
Easily one of the most gifted & talented riders
I've ever been around, & I've been around plenty.
I hope he uses this 2nd chance to his benefit!
Dave O.Wink
DanDunes818
11/5/2009 9:20am
If it was your Grandma that was pushed around and robbed of her purse would you be ok with her attacker getting no jail time. I...

Fuck Mike Healey!!!
Slow ~ Pro wrote:
Dan, you are absolutely correct. I agree, and so would Mike... Still we dig deep for those we care about. Just looking for a return of...
Dan, you are absolutely correct. I agree, and so would Mike...
Still we dig deep for those we care about. Just looking for a return of better times.
Slow you seem like a good guy and a good friend. I understand where you're coming from. If my friend did what Mike did I would probably support him after the fact in hopes to get my old friend back. Drugs are a shitty thing but they don't make people do what Mike did unless there are other issues within that person that are not being addressed. I've had my battles in the past with drugs(serious battles) and have had a lot of friends go down that road too. None of them ever robbed an old lady though. If Mike and everyone around him is blaming the drugs and not puting the responsibility on Mike the problem will never be fixed.

I do wish you and Mike luck on figuring it all out though.
jmar
11/5/2009 9:24am
jmar wrote:

Fuck Mike Healey!!!
Drug addition is a terrible thing and can make people do things that they wouldn't normally do. I don't condone anything that Mike did but like I said, everyone deserves a chance to right themselves.

I hope that Mike takes advantage of this second chance and kicks his addition.

Now go and take a chill pill DD818.
Slow ~ Pro
11/5/2009 9:25am
Thank you, Dan...

Just so you know. I sat in court, and heard three, different, but similar cases, (elderly accosted). It is a sad state of circumstances for sure, nobody agrees more than I.
Slow ~ Pro
11/5/2009 9:27am
jmar wrote:
Drug addition is a terrible thing and can make people do things that they wouldn't normally do. I don't condone anything that Mike did but like...
Drug addition is a terrible thing and can make people do things that they wouldn't normally do. I don't condone anything that Mike did but like I said, everyone deserves a chance to right themselves.

Mike, has been clean, and sober, since late May.
500guy
11/5/2009 9:35am
Don't know the guy but I do know he hurt an old lady while trying to rob her.

That trumps anything he might have done on a bike.

To bad he didn't get some hard time in my book.
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
11/5/2009 9:53am
Slow ~ Pro wrote:
Just to let you all know, Mike DID NOT, beat up an old lady. This is the sole reason he was not sentenced to prison. For...
Just to let you all know, Mike DID NOT, beat up an old lady. This is the sole reason he was not sentenced to prison. For the record, what he did was grab her purse, and put his hand on her shoulder to separate the two. (purse & person)

I am not condoning the issue, it was wrong, Mike, admits he was a monster. The drug Mike was on, caused him to have sever with drawls... During these with drawls, he would have violent diarrhea, violent vomiting, and sweat profusely. Every two hours his body demanded the drug. At first the drug was a bad choice, but it became an addiction.

In his aging years, Mike, needed pain medication, for his many broken bones over his professional career. Few know that when Mike was racing for a world title, that he had crashed in a first Moto, and broke his neck. For the second Moto, he simply rolled a towel, and duct taped it to his neck, then went out and won the second moto. He was dedicated to winning for the USA. Unfortunately he lost to Travis Parker.

Mike's pain became harder to take... His downfall was when he met someone that showed him a drug that could relieve his pain. Opiates, turned Mike, in to a Monster.

Within two years Mike, will be here to apologize for all his actions. Still he knows, he will never be accepted by everyone.

As I look Mike, in the eyes, I see a new man. I also see shame, in what he has gone through. He has lost his home, and he has not seen his beloved daughter in six months.

I truly don't care being attacked on here, or any other board, for my actions in trying to save a man that I consider a great friend.

I challenge any, and all, to step to my face and talk to me. I fear none, and will gladly explain more.

Just so some you know, many of the prizes (swag) given away at the Vet Nationals this past week, came from Mike's garage. He asked me to donate to all the MXers.

The fact that Mike, has learned a horrible lesson, in a horrible way, does not mean he is a horrible person, but he did do a horrible thing. He knows, I know, and his mother knows...

The Judge, called him a coward, and a Monster... But the judge also admitted that because he only has the ONE offense, and that he is a man worth rehabilitating, he made a personal, and special call to the Delancey street foundation. Mike, was interviewed, on October 21st, and accepted.

For those of you believe that drugs are a poor excuse, Mike Healey, 100% agrees with you. Speaking with Mike Healey's long time great friend Mike Ulrich, he spoke of how Mike Healey, would get extremely angry for those that made the choice of drug use... That's the ironic part. Mike, never expected this of himself. Not an excuse, but a reason.

Thanks again, to all those that supported in this very, touchy matter. I have received so many cool letters, and the letters from the big wigs in the industry are really touching, only because they have seen this far to often ion many professional racers.

Through my/our challenge of this matter, I have been blind sided by how many Pros, are using, it is sad, and it all stems from pain.

Now, I am off to fight The Family court, to allow Mike, to see his daughter.

Good, or bad, opinions, thanks for reading.
That's good and all.....
But,do you know if Mike formally apologized to his victim?
It would say a lot about his character if he indeed did apologize to her.

Good luck to the guy,hopefully he never touches another drug in his life and never commits a crime against an elderly person or anyone for that matter.

Slow ~ Pro
11/5/2009 10:07am
FastEddy wrote:
That's good and all..... But,do you know if Mike formally apologized to his victim? It would say a lot about his character if he indeed did...
That's good and all.....
But,do you know if Mike formally apologized to his victim?
It would say a lot about his character if he indeed did apologize to her.

Good luck to the guy,hopefully he never touches another drug in his life and never commits a crime against an elderly person or anyone for that matter.

Thank you, Eddy...

I was not present when the ladies family was. I know he apologized to the family. He apologized to the courts, and to the state of California.

Mike, has this chance to try and make amend to his actions. It will never be right.

I try hard to understand how all this happened, but I can't... I can't because I have never been in the delusional state Mike, was in.

I do know have been in situations where people would tell me everything would be fine, when a few seconds could have killed me.

My life recently was turned upside down, I am fortunate that I had friends pull me out of my depression otherwise I recently would have hung myself. Nobody knows, unless you walk in those shoes.

Understand also, I too, am trying to figure this out... I am just a few steps closer, and want to help where I can, if I can.

VEGAS711
11/5/2009 10:22am
fencepost wrote:
5 pages easy.
Two of those pages will be posts from those that admire your Avatar, and responses from those that don't. Your posting adds pages to a thread.
BobbyM
11/5/2009 10:32am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 6:47pm
get a rope!!!!
Wink

whatever happens to healey, seems tenfold should happen to the refuckmeagains on wall street and else where, the old lady will heal up possibly, course her retirement account is fucking gutted.
jmar
11/5/2009 11:27am
jmar wrote:
Drug addition is a terrible thing and can make people do things that they wouldn't normally do. I don't condone anything that Mike did but like...

Slow ~ Pro wrote:
Mike, has been clean, and sober, since late May.
That's a good start and I hope things work out for him.

BTW: My well wishes have nothing to do with the fact that Mike was involved in the sport. I had a drug problem when I was teenager and I did some very stupid things at that time of my life. Things that I could have easily gotten jail time for.
COBBY
1/25/2011 12:26am
I've been away from my true love of motocross for a very long time. I was good friends w/Mike back in the day of long motos at Saddleback. Prior to him climbing his R&D Racing mini days even. What robbed me of my dreams & desires to continue the fight to be picked up by a factory? DRUGS. Mike was right there to see the beginnings of my fall. He was a really neat kid, in that he had a bit of an ego, but not so much as to separate himself from the privateer friends he had made on his way up. There were quite a few nights that we were at a fellow riders house having a good time, but Mike always steered clear of the wreckage some of us rode right into. Nights at the Fun Zone on Balboa Penninsula where a number of us were drinking under age, but not Mike. I'm now 44 have lost jobs, a marriage, a house, rights to visit my daughter, friends, family relations & until recently all that makes motocross fun. I share this with the hope I may be re-connected w/Mike & other old moto pals again. I live the well known life-structure of One Dat At A Time by hitting meetings w/others like myself. This will be the way Mike will be gifted his new life. I'm now 74 months clean (that's 6 yrs 2 mos for those that don't like math). If you are sick & tired of being sick & tired like I was try saving your life by going to a meeting. You just might find out who you were meant to be. Friends Always, Jim "COBBY" Cobham back n the day CMC #55F
Spinner
1/25/2011 12:34am
500guy wrote:
Don't know the guy but I do know he hurt an old lady while trying to rob her. That trumps anything he might have done on...
Don't know the guy but I do know he hurt an old lady while trying to rob her.

That trumps anything he might have done on a bike.

To bad he didn't get some hard time in my book.
Agreed.

And I promise, had that been my mother, I'd have been charged for beating Healey to fucking death for it.

Too many people on here want to see them cut some slack for the guy because he was at one time a very very fast dirt bike racer. That, in my opinion, is a big crock of shit.
COBBY
1/25/2011 12:47am
Hey Spinner, has anyone i.e., Mike's mom or other family members explained what exactly went down? I mean I get the gist of what he did, but what are more of the facts? For instance when, where, was he loaded or not at the time of crime? Not to take away any weight of the complete disregard to the lady. By what I read here it sounds like he did this over a year ago. I would actually like to meet up w/Mike at a meeting. Those types of rehab facilities often allow NA, AA, CA, MA(you get the idea) to share the message of recovery w/those that are residents. Do you have any info as to how to contact him? Thanks
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
1/25/2011 1:40am
COBBY wrote:
Hey Spinner, has anyone i.e., Mike's mom or other family members explained what exactly went down? I mean I get the gist of what he did...
Hey Spinner, has anyone i.e., Mike's mom or other family members explained what exactly went down? I mean I get the gist of what he did, but what are more of the facts? For instance when, where, was he loaded or not at the time of crime? Not to take away any weight of the complete disregard to the lady. By what I read here it sounds like he did this over a year ago. I would actually like to meet up w/Mike at a meeting. Those types of rehab facilities often allow NA, AA, CA, MA(you get the idea) to share the message of recovery w/those that are residents. Do you have any info as to how to contact him? Thanks
COBBY,you might want to send Slow~Pro a private message.
He seems to know more about Mike and this situation more then anyone.
MessageSlow~Pro Click here
ogdeno
1/25/2011 5:32am
I've had serious drug issues for the last 15yrs and I haven"t robbed an old lady..... They were always way to fast for me.

Sorry, bad joke. Couldn't help it.

Post a reply to: Mike Healey

The Latest