Mike Genova statement on racerx

ratonmacias
1/12/2016 4:29pm
davistld01 wrote:
The whole interview... Mike Genova, owner, SmarTop MotoConcepts: It’s pretty cut and dry. Vince [Friese] was racing and racing hard, and didn’t intend to knock [Weston]...
The whole interview...

Mike Genova, owner, SmarTop MotoConcepts: It’s pretty cut and dry. Vince [Friese] was racing and racing hard, and didn’t intend to knock [Weston] Peick down. Both guys are hard chargers and have the same mindset, and it got tight and they crashed. But that kind of behavior is not acceptable, and not only does it blacken the eye of the sport, it jeopardizes Vince’s health. What would we be doing right now if he’d have hurt him? We have a lot of money invested in him and we care about him. For obvious reasons, that’s not acceptable. Hopefully they’ll pass out due justice, and in our opinion it should be a multi-race suspension. I’ve never seen anything like it.

I feel for the JGR guys, and I was talking to Jeremy Albrecht [JGR team manager] and I said I was sorry, but I was going to have to press the issue pretty hard. He was embarrassed and he said the whole thing was stupid. He was embarrassed and he should be, and Weston should be too. We’ve not seen anyone from their organization and apologize at all, and I would do that if the shoe was on the other foot. I’m assuming it’s going to be something Weston regrets if he doesn’t already. I’m extremely proud of Vince for being so classy and demonstrating so much self-control. Vince doesn’t take crap from anybody.

Vince does have a bit of a reputation for riding rough. Was he too rough tonight, or was it just racing?
Well everyone has a different opinion on that, and everyone says Vince has a reputation for that, but 70 percent of the guys in these pits have a reputation for that. That’s what it takes to compete at this level. Does Vince have a reputation any more than anyone else? I don’t know. But we’re not getting any heat from the AMA, and they don’t think we did anything wrong. He didn’t intentionally do that, he was just trying to get underneath Weston, and Weston could have backed off a little too. If we’d have done anything wrong we’d be getting heat, but they’ve totally cleared us. Unfortunately, I’ve been told that the media guys all point the finger at Vince, and that he provoked it, but come on, we’ve all see the likes of Ricky Carmichael and Kevin Windham and guys like that do things, and it’s just called racing. If you dent the guy’s fender in NASCAR it doesn’t give him the right to T-bone you. Do we think Vince dented his fender? Yeah probably, but these things happen. There’s a lot going on in these races, and I find it comical that anyone would think it was an extreme, blatant, dirty move by Vince. And Weston got nasty with Vince a few turns earlier; he whipped it in front of him over a triple. But of course nobody saw that.

I can tell you if it had been one of my guys who did that, I’d suspend him right away. If one of my guys demonstrated that kind of lack of self-control, discipline, class, and respect, he’d have a big problem and it would be from me. So we’ll see what those guys do. I know Jeremy Albrecht was really embarrassed.
"Hopefully they’ll pass out due justice, and in our opinion it should be a multi-race suspension. I’ve never seen anything like it."

Anaheim + San Diego = two races. more than 1 is multi so quit bitching you got what you asked for.

" I’m extremely proud of Vince for being so classy and demonstrating so much self-control. Vince doesn’t take crap from anybody."

Classy or p*ssy? he got a wake up call vince was completely outgunned he had no chance.

I hate dirty riders and friese is dirty as hell.

Genova i will never buy anything from your company or sponsors. its incongruent to say what you said in that interview. when your team members last names are alessi and friese. Lasergate, Ticklegate, Friese cutting the track to block a rider and so on. Man up let the AMA do nothing about it just like they do nothing about Friese´s riding.
DonM
1/12/2016 6:56pm
Celine wrote:
Friese was racing for position. There was nothing dirty about what he did. It was racing, just like Canard's pass on Dungey was a racing incident...
Friese was racing for position. There was nothing dirty about what he did. It was racing, just like Canard's pass on Dungey was a racing incident.

Peick, on the hand, is an embarrassment to JGR, the sport, and himself. He needs to understand that he cannot lose control like that. Unfortunately, any public apology he makes will likely be feigned, so there would be no meaning in that.
You obviously missed his serpentine moves he was pulling on Tomac and then Wilson...Tomac got by and Wilson ended up on the ground...The only way Vince knows how to race for position is by trying the guys coming through the pack off the track...I don't agree with what Peick did but if something isn't done soon Vince is going to hurt someone that has 10 times the talent he has...
Nealio
1/12/2016 9:38pm
It's funny to my that some view a guy going from 2 bike lengths behind them cutting across a corner to t-bone a guy as a "racing incident". What Canard did to Dungey was a racing incident because Canard caught Dungey and was making a pass. You don't make a pass from behind a guy.
As like has already been mentioned, Friese does this all the time.

The Shop

Crush
1/12/2016 9:47pm
Nealio wrote:
It's funny to my that some view a guy going from 2 bike lengths behind them cutting across a corner to t-bone a guy as a...
It's funny to my that some view a guy going from 2 bike lengths behind them cutting across a corner to t-bone a guy as a "racing incident". What Canard did to Dungey was a racing incident because Canard caught Dungey and was making a pass. You don't make a pass from behind a guy.
As like has already been mentioned, Friese does this all the time.
On the other hand, Canard put the same pass on Seely and managed not to put him in the dirt.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
1/12/2016 9:54pm
Crush wrote:
I wonder if Mike when defending his team's actions, either writing statements or talking (and he's done a few) ever hears himself and wonders what the...
I wonder if Mike when defending his team's actions, either writing statements or talking (and he's done a few) ever hears himself and wonders what the fuck he is doing.

You can't end up in situations like this all the time and not look at yourself and the people you surround yourself with, surely.
I dunno, Crush. Here in Dallas, Texas we have this guy named Jerry Jones. He owns this little sports team named the "Dallas Cowboys". You might have even heard of them way down there. He's been pulling the same kind of jackass moves and saying the same jackass things for 26 years. Look up 'Buffoon' in the dictionary and there's a pic of Jerry. Jerry hears himself talk and pats himself on the back.
Jimmy_Sloan
1/12/2016 10:03pm
Cacka C wrote:
Excerpts from the interview on RacerX: "We’ve not seen anyone from their organization and apologize at all, and I would do that if the shoe was...
Excerpts from the interview on RacerX:

"We’ve not seen anyone from their organization and apologize at all, and I would do that if the shoe was on the other foot."

"I can tell you if it had been one of my guys who did that, I’d suspend him right away. If one of my guys demonstrated that kind of lack of self-control, discipline, class, and respect, he’d have a big problem and it would be from me."

What a hypocrite... Did anyone hear any public apologies after Mike did his human missile impression on Broc Tickle a couple years back? He certainly didn't get suspended for it...

Mentioned Peick whipping in front of Vince, but doesn't mention Vince cross jumping rhythms recklessly to protect a position while he's dragging anchor and faster riders are looking to pass..

Unbelievable with these guys... Just no class at all. If you're going to call someone out on running their house, better get your own in order first

And another thing, the AMA condones this kind of shit by not taking action. How in the hell Mike wasn't suspended for that blatant move on Tickle I have no idea. But turning the other cheek on this shit time and time again is getting old, and just reinforces that these guys can do pretty much whatever they want as long as they're not throwing punches. I just hope the promised AMA press release will address some of this stuff, and not just on the JGR side.
I agree with Genova, you can't just go around and punch people. I know the tough guys on vital think differently, but there is a reason why WP is suspended and Vince isn't.
1/13/2016 12:06am
moto455va wrote:
How is it that two guys can fight, gloves off, no helmets, beat the livin shit out of eachother over nothing in a game like Hockey...
How is it that two guys can fight, gloves off, no helmets, beat the livin shit out of eachother over nothing in a game like Hockey, and everyone cheers it on and loves it...

But when a dude in our sport loses his cool after getting messed with over and over, he deserves an assault charge and a huge fine?

Yall are fuckin weird
iudi2006 wrote:
Because that's a completely different sport where since the beginning fighting has been accepted. This is supercross, you don't brawl with somebody and think you're not...
Because that's a completely different sport where since the beginning fighting has been accepted. This is supercross, you don't brawl with somebody and think you're not going to get suspended. There's already a huge part of the population who looks at our sport as a joke that rednecks enjoy watching. When shit like that happens it only makes the sport look unprofessional.
I think the fisticuffs is a good way to settle an issue in SX. Think about it what are the chances of either rider getting hurt with all their gear on (besides their hands from punching) or an ongoing escalation of blocking, brake checking, and t boning each other. I will take the fist fight over someone shooting a 220 lbs projectile at my leg or during a jump.
Crush
1/13/2016 1:03am
Crush wrote:
I wonder if Mike when defending his team's actions, either writing statements or talking (and he's done a few) ever hears himself and wonders what the...
I wonder if Mike when defending his team's actions, either writing statements or talking (and he's done a few) ever hears himself and wonders what the fuck he is doing.

You can't end up in situations like this all the time and not look at yourself and the people you surround yourself with, surely.
I dunno, Crush. Here in Dallas, Texas we have this guy named Jerry Jones. He owns this little sports team named the "Dallas Cowboys". You might...
I dunno, Crush. Here in Dallas, Texas we have this guy named Jerry Jones. He owns this little sports team named the "Dallas Cowboys". You might have even heard of them way down there. He's been pulling the same kind of jackass moves and saying the same jackass things for 26 years. Look up 'Buffoon' in the dictionary and there's a pic of Jerry. Jerry hears himself talk and pats himself on the back.
Ya I've heard of him - something from a seating debacle for a superbowl a few years back?

I don't know man, it's just, this team is always in the shit, and as Weege rightly pointed out, Genova could at the very least say, "hey Vince has a rep for dirty riding, I don't think it's deserved"... but instead, he doesn't even acknowledge he has a rep for it!!!

You might be right!

Mike Jerry Jones Genova.
RG1
1/13/2016 1:04am
moto455va wrote:
How is it that two guys can fight, gloves off, no helmets, beat the livin shit out of eachother over nothing in a game like Hockey...
How is it that two guys can fight, gloves off, no helmets, beat the livin shit out of eachother over nothing in a game like Hockey, and everyone cheers it on and loves it...

But when a dude in our sport loses his cool after getting messed with over and over, he deserves an assault charge and a huge fine?

Yall are fuckin weird
iudi2006 wrote:
Because that's a completely different sport where since the beginning fighting has been accepted. This is supercross, you don't brawl with somebody and think you're not...
Because that's a completely different sport where since the beginning fighting has been accepted. This is supercross, you don't brawl with somebody and think you're not going to get suspended. There's already a huge part of the population who looks at our sport as a joke that rednecks enjoy watching. When shit like that happens it only makes the sport look unprofessional.
Bnagazina wrote:
I think the fisticuffs is a good way to settle an issue in SX. Think about it what are the chances of either rider getting hurt...
I think the fisticuffs is a good way to settle an issue in SX. Think about it what are the chances of either rider getting hurt with all their gear on (besides their hands from punching) or an ongoing escalation of blocking, brake checking, and t boning each other. I will take the fist fight over someone shooting a 220 lbs projectile at my leg or during a jump.
We can't have guys brawling on the track everytime there's a collision though. It really doesn't portray the sport well. If it happens rarely, okay, but we really don't want to make it acceptable or the norm
Coyote
1/13/2016 7:39am
BobbyM wrote:
Weston should know better than to punch a dude with a helmet on.
Agreed, but get caught up in the action like that and gotta hand it to Weston. Bob, u can't relate because never in your career (that I saw) came to blows, rode shitty, cut someone off ever...sorry dude..just imho
TeamGreen
1/13/2016 10:34am
BobbyM wrote:
Weston should know better than to punch a dude with a helmet on.
Coyote wrote:
Agreed, but get caught up in the action like that and gotta hand it to Weston. Bob, u can't relate because never in your career (that...
Agreed, but get caught up in the action like that and gotta hand it to Weston. Bob, u can't relate because never in your career (that I saw) came to blows, rode shitty, cut someone off ever...sorry dude..just imho
If ya want to be BRUTALY honest about it...

We'd straighten things out back in the pits.

I know that both of you have...as have I.
mark_swart
1/13/2016 7:27pm
Either way, I bet next time Peick comes past him, he'll be on the inside haha!!
1/14/2016 4:56am
Genova says "blacken the eye of the sport" thats funny. (its make up Mike)

What Peick did, needed done, however he should have done it back in the pits.....kind of like when he kicked the shit out of his bike a few years back.

Weston was the guy to teach Friese a lesson, but he only got to the introduction, and is now black listed, and the spotlight will be on him. Now we have to wait for Bowers to move up for lesson 2.
hasko158
1/14/2016 5:34am
Just like he and Tony apologized for LaserGate... "Davey Coombs is beating up my son" ..and many more amazing sounds drops from PulpMx
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
1/14/2016 6:30am
While this does have to be addressed because you can't have a slug fest out there. When I read about the same rider riding with questionable/dirty tactics over and over, you can't tell me that this is an unexpected outcome. WP's stock just went up with many folks out there. And I also would say that many riders out there are privately approving of the retaliation. For the same reason that as a parent you don't spank your child every time they do something wrong, but once in a while to get their attention and remember that there are consequences for bad behavior.
Mike G states his rider could have gotten hurt, what about other riders getting hurt from questionable riding tactics of his guy?
TM

Post a reply to: Mike Genova statement on racerx

The Latest