Mike Genova statement on racerx

Related:
Create New Tag

1/12/2016 9:17 AM

Excerpts from the interview on RacerX:

"We’ve not seen anyone from their organization and apologize at all, and I would do that if the shoe was on the other foot."

"I can tell you if it had been one of my guys who did that, I’d suspend him right away. If one of my guys demonstrated that kind of lack of self-control, discipline, class, and respect, he’d have a big problem and it would be from me."

What a hypocrite... Did anyone hear any public apologies after Mike did his human missile impression on Broc Tickle a couple years back? He certainly didn't get suspended for it...

Mentioned Peick whipping in front of Vince, but doesn't mention Vince cross jumping rhythms recklessly to protect a position while he's dragging anchor and faster riders are looking to pass..

Unbelievable with these guys... Just no class at all. If you're going to call someone out on running their house, better get your own in order first

And another thing, the AMA condones this kind of shit by not taking action. How in the hell Mike wasn't suspended for that blatant move on Tickle I have no idea. But turning the other cheek on this shit time and time again is getting old, and just reinforces that these guys can do pretty much whatever they want as long as they're not throwing punches. I just hope the promised AMA press release will address some of this stuff, and not just on the JGR side.

|

1/12/2016 9:23 AM


The only thing that bugs me about this whole thing is that Peick was aiming for the bottom of the neck below the helmet. That, and the number of punches thrown. If it was 1-2 he would of been in the clear.
|

1/12/2016 9:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2016 9:28 AM

Air punching like Roczen and Wilson should be mandatory in training

|

1/12/2016 9:24 AM

Look, a rider can ride "within the rules" and still be riding like a dickhead.

Vince did that,

don't expect the AMA to address anything except not permitting a rider to physically attack another rider or anyone involved.

I sure would have thought JGR or someone on Piecks team would issue some sort of apology / statement.

As far as the Alessi Tickle thing, I thought Mike apologized right away.

|

1/12/2016 9:25 AM

He did

|

1/12/2016 9:28 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Air punching like Roczen and Wilson should be mandatory in training

|

.

1/12/2016 9:30 AM

Something something Alessi Tickle something something

|

1/12/2016 9:30 AM

Alessi was apologizing before he even lined up for the semi, he also didn't throw 6 punches at the dudes neck haha.

While it was a dumbass move, it also matters how you react, he reacted remorseful and was given a pass.

This came across my mind, I'm guessing this isn't the first time Weston has been in trouble for throwing punches with gear on with the Ama. He knows the rules. You can't do that

|

1/12/2016 9:30 AM

I think I remember Mike coming on the Pulp MX show the next week apologizing for the incident. He still maintained that it was an accident which some believe and others don't but I do think he did apologize. My memory could be wrong though. He was fined by the AMA and put on probation though for sure.

Lets not start calling for more race suspensions and harsher punishments. I think that could quickly snowball into a "be careful what you wish for" environment.

The punishment was too severe to Weston in my opinion but whatever, it is done and over with.

|

1/12/2016 9:31 AM

500guy wrote:

Look, a rider can ride "within the rules" and still be riding like a dickhead.

Vince did that,

don't expect the AMA to address anything except not permitting a rider to physically attack another rider or anyone involved.

I sure would have thought JGR or someone on Piecks team would issue some sort of apology / statement.

As far as the Alessi Tickle thing, I thought Mike apologized right away.

You're right, I believe Mike did. I also remember that Tickle wasn't having any of it, which made Mike's claims of "we're friends" ring pretty hollow.

My main point is I didn't hear shit out of the team (Genova or Tony Alessi) about the incident, which by anyone's standard was a blatant take-out move... Not an official team apology, nor an internal suspension for their rider, which is what Genova is calling for here. The hypocrisy just gets me

And I do get your point about riding like a dick, but isn't this shit dangerous enough without somebody (or some team) causing these kinds of incidents repeatedly?

|

1/12/2016 9:35 AM

But really, when you think about it, punching someone in the helmet is more symbolic than anything else. You cant hurt someone doing that, both the guy punching and the one getting punched know that

|

1/12/2016 9:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2016 9:51 AM

500guy wrote:

Look, a rider can ride "within the rules" and still be riding like a dickhead.

Vince did that,

don't expect the AMA to address anything except not permitting a rider to physically attack another rider or anyone involved.

I sure would have thought JGR or someone on Piecks team would issue some sort of apology / statement.

As far as the Alessi Tickle thing, I thought Mike apologized right away.

Cacka C wrote:

You're right, I believe Mike did. I also remember that Tickle wasn't having any of it, which made Mike's claims of "we're friends" ring pretty hollow.

My main point is I didn't hear shit out of the team (Genova or Tony Alessi) about the incident, which by anyone's standard was a blatant take-out move... Not an official team apology, nor an internal suspension for their rider, which is what Genova is calling for here. The hypocrisy just gets me

And I do get your point about riding like a dick, but isn't this shit dangerous enough without somebody (or some team) causing these kinds of incidents repeatedly?

and you haven't heard anything from Weston or JGR (besides a couple sentences from Coy), so really, what is your point?

it's clear you have an axe to grind, so be it. Vince riding like a dick-head was wrong but it was racing. Weston punching Vince well beyond anything that should be acceptable.

|

1/12/2016 9:49 AM

To compare a take out/tbone to the UFC style madness Weston did is funny. I like what DV wrote on pulpmx, Weston/JGR got lucky with the one race ban.

|

1/12/2016 9:52 AM

Vince doesn't deserve an apology. I don't condone fighting, but he needs to get his ass kicked. Might wisen him up a bit.

|

1/12/2016 9:54 AM

I'd suspect that Vince is going to get a reminder this week from the officials on the way he should behave on the track.

|

1/12/2016 9:57 AM

If Genova doesn't think Vince is a dirty rider, hes an idiot and just plain lying

|

1/12/2016 10:02 AM

Gibbs is an old football guy. He can probably appreciate a tough guy taking care of business himself instead of the puss whining and crying that is all too common nowadays.

|

1/12/2016 10:05 AM

steve.hackler.1 wrote:

Gibbs is an old football guy. He can probably appreciate a tough guy taking care of business himself instead of the puss whining and crying that is all too common nowadays.

Tough guy, bad decisions,2 different things.Does gibbs pay him to race or fight?

|

1/12/2016 10:06 AM

How is it that two guys can fight, gloves off, no helmets, beat the livin shit out of eachother over nothing in a game like Hockey, and everyone cheers it on and loves it...

But when a dude in our sport loses his cool after getting messed with over and over, he deserves an assault charge and a huge fine?

Yall are fuckin weird

|

1/12/2016 10:18 AM

Silliker269 wrote:

If Genova doesn't think Vince is a dirty rider, hes an idiot and just plain lying

It's admirable the way Genova has formed a team and kept it funded to support Mike Alessi. It's also obvious he's an idiot with statements like this and his continued support of Friese, his statements re lasergate, Alessi's takeout of Tickle (which I think was frustration rather than Friese-like dirty riding).

|

1/12/2016 10:20 AM

F*ck Genova, motoconcepts, alessi and friese. they dont add anything of value to the sport. i dont care for that "team" and i wont buy anything that carries a sticker on those bikes.

|

1/12/2016 10:23 AM

moto455va wrote:

How is it that two guys can fight, gloves off, no helmets, beat the livin shit out of eachother over nothing in a game like Hockey, and everyone cheers it on and loves it...

But when a dude in our sport loses his cool after getting messed with over and over, he deserves an assault charge and a huge fine?

Yall are fuckin weird

This boy gets it.

|

1/12/2016 10:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2016 10:30 AM

moto455va wrote:

How is it that two guys can fight, gloves off, no helmets, beat the livin shit out of eachother over nothing in a game like Hockey, and everyone cheers it on and loves it...

But when a dude in our sport loses his cool after getting messed with over and over, he deserves an assault charge and a huge fine?

Yall are fuckin weird

Because that's a completely different sport where since the beginning fighting has been accepted. This is supercross, you don't brawl with somebody and think you're not going to get suspended. There's already a huge part of the population who looks at our sport as a joke that rednecks enjoy watching. When shit like that happens it only makes the sport look unprofessional.

|

1/12/2016 10:39 AM

I dont think Peick should apoligise to Friese or the Motoconcepts. he should apologise to his team fans and sponsors.

|

1/12/2016 10:40 AM

Fighting in hockey looks like its on the way out as well, as much as i hate it. I've been in a few tillys and its great. Its a way to deter other players from taking cheapshots. Most of mine were after someone ran my goalie, but I've also stood up for a teammate before after a dirty hit, or gotten up after being hit and grabbed the guy.

The way I see it, Vince threw a dirty hit, and Weston responded in kind. You can't expect to punt riders as frequently as Vince does without consequences. Especially a dude like Peick Tyson.

|

Washed up Canadian ex-pro couch racer. Selling bikes for a living

2008 KTM 525XC
2009 KTM 450SX
2016 YFZ450R


1/12/2016 10:42 AM

Peick and JGR were contenders last year with REAL speed, and everything says they would be even more so this year with Barcia healthy and fast and contributing even more to the testing and program. To have VF do that to Peick, and know that the AMA is not going to do anything about it, leaves Peick with almost no alternative but to take matters into his own hands. The first incident, ok, nobody got super upset, but that second one, same guy-no way that can pass. First race of the season, setting up your whole effort for the championship run, all the off-season work and effort, all the build-up etc etc - and some jerk-off knocks you off the track twice and seems to be trying to derail your whole effort at starting the season strong???? Peick should not have been penalized, maybe just a talking to. Considering the penalty, the worst thing to come out of the whole thing is that he really didn't hurt VF.

|

1/12/2016 10:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2016 10:47 AM

moto455va wrote:

But really, when you think about it, punching someone in the helmet is more symbolic than anything else. You cant hurt someone doing that, both the guy punching and the one getting punched know that

Actually, the way Weston was punching Freise at the bottom of his helmet & on the back of his neck could have hurt him if it was at the right juncture. No matter, I agree with Ping on RacerX that WP should have waited until Freise took his helmet off in the tunnel or in the pits, and then knocked his teeth down his throat. Game over!

|

1/12/2016 10:45 AM

Mr. Knobby wrote:

Peick and JGR were contenders last year with REAL speed, and everything says they would be even more so this year with Barcia healthy and fast and contributing even more to the testing and program. To have VF do that to Peick, and know that the AMA is not going to do anything about it, leaves Peick with almost no alternative but to take matters into his own hands. The first incident, ok, nobody got super upset, but that second one, same guy-no way that can pass. First race of the season, setting up your whole effort for the championship run, all the off-season work and effort, all the build-up etc etc - and some jerk-off knocks you off the track twice and seems to be trying to derail your whole effort at starting the season strong???? Peick should not have been penalized, maybe just a talking to. Considering the penalty, the worst thing to come out of the whole thing is that he really didn't hurt VF.

"Whole effort for the championship run", everyone knows that Peick never had a shot at the 2016 championship. come on now... And if he's ignorant enough to get himself suspended for two races that proves even more he's not championship worthy.

|

1/12/2016 10:47 AM

I've seen this in action since PIR/Washougal a few years back.

It's a knock-down-drag-out between two grown men.
In a very competitive professional sport.

Did it get out of hand?
Sorta
Was it as bad or dramatic as the Kardashian-Watching-Over-Media-Saturated-Moto-Web-Drama-Fans have made it?
No.
Is it over?
Probably.
Is there more than 1 guilty party?
Yup.

I like Vince.
I've helped Weston.
There is NO BAD GUY, here.

Let's go racing.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

1/12/2016 10:50 AM

Weston should know better than to punch a dude with a helmet on.

|