Mike Genova on Pulp Mx

Rizzo
7/24/2013 12:35am
The Rock wrote:
What about Matthes having DV12 on the show to round out the "let's throw the Alessi family under the bus" program? Journalists are supposed to be...
What about Matthes having DV12 on the show to round out the "let's throw the Alessi family under the bus" program? Journalists are supposed to be unbiased but clearly Matthes is far from unbiased having DV12 on Monday's show. i like and am friends with DV12 but honestly think he should have been on next week's show for his perspective and not Monday's show. Timing is everything.

Kenny Watson was the voice of reason (at least until I had to go after RV signed off) but his unbiased ethical position clearly had no room on the show. What Kenny said about a father standing up his son was right on the money.

In the same breath I have to say Jeff Alessi was completely wrong to get emotional with Matthes and the whole laser deal is obviously totally unacceptable. What is also unacceptable is the piling on that has gone on since the race. It was a stupid unfortunate event but no one was injured and it didn't affect the outcome of the race. Does this make it any less wrong...no but the way this thing has snowballed is also wrong IMO.

Regarding the fines the part about the foul language cracks me up. Hope Roy Janson didn't listen to PulpMX. Can you imagine a NASCAR program with people using the F word being broadcast on the Internet?

Speaking of the Internet this event shows the underbelly of this instant reporting/tweet deal. It also demonstrates the tenets of our legal system "innocent until proven guilty" are far removed from the Internet.
WOW, you couldn't be further from the truth. First off, DV was scheduled for the show well before all this Alessi drama happened, follow his twitter or Pulp's to confirm. What Kenny said about a father standing up for his son has some clout, but don't put all your eggs in that basket. Kenny has been a father for less than a year, his daughter cant talk yet, so spewing lies and fabricated nonsense about moto scandal is not in her vocabulary. With sons at ages 20+, TA has had PLENTY of time to learn his kids and their personalities and know when they're puling the wool over his eyes. My son is only 4 and I already have a reading on him, I'm not completely buying this BS that he was "sticking up for his kid. " To a point, as a father, you have to back you child, but that seed of doubt was planted years ago when these kids were 8-16 years old racing the amateur circuit, you're just as guilty if you're teaching them to lie and cheat if it benefits you.

If TA was being honest with himself, he would have taken DC's account of the chain of events into consideration first and foremost. TA on the Pulp show called DC the #1 guy in the sport and if that is the case and he really respects DC on that level, why not hear his side, let that be the benchmark and take everything from there. You claim all the "piling on" is unacceptable and that nobody was hurt and the race outcome was not affected, but you cant be 100% sure on that. RV's GoPro shows the start of the race, are you claiming he wasn't distracted? What about Malcolm? In a sport where the 1st-3rd riders are separated by hundredths of seconds, what expert in the field are you to judge that? Matthes was threatened with great bodily harm, he was threatened with lawsuits, along with DC and MX Sports, what was acceptable about that?

Matthes had all the evidence he needed to report what he did and in the end, he was 100% correct yet you have the nerve to say the reporters are biased, they're piling on and the snowball the occurred is wrong. You can't be serious, all of this was 1000% avoidable if the person responsible would have come forward the minute he was caught. Instead, that person cried foul, played the victim and made the entire industry prove it which they did and now, he finally breaks and confesses. You're a complete moron for even siding with or defending him............Jeff fucked up, BAD and the snowball that transpired was a direct result of him and only him, NOBODY else. Now, his brother, his brothers team and sponsors and his father are all paying the price for his actions, straight up undeniable fact. Please, find me ANYTHING biased or unacceptable about that. Jeff was guilty the minute DC approached and caught him, as DC did his due diligence prior to doing so. Everything that transpired after that was classic Alessi family behavior(sorry MA) and was complete BS for everyone involved, but you go ahead with your unacceptable biased posts. Perhaps you could be the fill in Team Mgr for Alessi and MotoConcepts, best of luck with that.
The Rock
7/24/2013 12:38am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2013 12:52am
scott_nz wrote:
DV12 would have been booked to come up before Saturday's incidents, one of the reasons I like Matthes's stuff is because he gives an opinion, and...
DV12 would have been booked to come up before Saturday's incidents,

one of the reasons I like Matthes's stuff is because he gives an opinion, and not just repeats stuff, of course he has bias towards some people, but he has been more than fair on the Alessi's new image and the MCR team, for Jeff to threaten to assualt him is a very bad look,

Jeff and Tony have caused this whole debacle, i really feel for MIke over it, and to a lesser extent MIke Genova as well, although he has not helped the situation by getting his employee under control,

The excuse that Tony was sticking up for his kid is way over the top, if my old man had ever heard me talk to someone the way Jeff Talked to Matthes, I would have been marched out of their and read the riot act, at 13, 23 or 33 year old,
You are 100 percent correct about DV12 and I obviously was wrong thinking Matthes had pulled DV12 in at the last minute. My bad.

Speaking of apologies that is great Jeff Alessi has issued his apology and the show can go on.

To the anonymous Vitard who said my post was related to my issues with DC two things:

1) WTF?

2) While I respect your opinion the reality is DC and I had a clearing of the air at the Phoenix SX. Matter of fact traded e mails with him Tuesday after I gave him a heads up he's in the August issue of MXA on page 149. Great issue all the way around especially the article on 20 things you can do to your 250cc KTM two stroke.

EDIT: Just posted the above response and saw your reply Rizzo.

RV said himself the laser had nothing to do with his start as he got a good jump off the gate. Nice rant BTW.
7/24/2013 9:37am
motosmith wrote:
Whoa , hold on. First of all I’m not jealous of Matthes. Trust me. Ok, so here’s how I see it. Matthes got pissed off because...
Whoa , hold on. First of all I’m not jealous of Matthes. Trust me.

Ok, so here’s how I see it. Matthes got pissed off because Jeff told him he was going to put an elbow through his face. Matthes decided to teach Jeff a lesson and yanked Mike’s goggle sponsorship. Classic pissing contest and Matthes wins. Ok, fine.

However, Matthes says he pulled the sponsorship because he’s afraid of bodily harm and doesn’t want to be in an unsafe environment. Well, I think we both know that is bullshit.

Matthes is making himself look like a bigger douche than Jeff Alessi and that's pretty tough to do.
You are delusional.
motosmith
7/24/2013 10:29am
motosmith wrote:
Whoa , hold on. First of all I’m not jealous of Matthes. Trust me. Ok, so here’s how I see it. Matthes got pissed off because...

Ok, so here’s how I see it. Matthes got pissed off because Jeff told him he was going to put an elbow through his face. Matthes decided to teach Jeff a lesson and yanked Mike’s goggle sponsorship. Classic pissing contest and Matthes wins. Ok, fine.

However, Matthes says he pulled the sponsorship because he’s afraid of bodily harm and doesn’t want to be in an unsafe environment. Well, I think we both know that is bullshit.

Matthes is making himself look like a bigger douche than Jeff Alessi and that's pretty tough to do.
You are delusional.
The heat has dehydrated your brain. You need to move back to the NW. Quick.Smile

The Shop

35smom
7/24/2013 10:39am
motosmith wrote:

You are delusional.
I agree with leakypipe. If my sons goggle sponsor(Scott) was verbally threated by not only his father but another family he wouldn't be back...read the contact. There are terms of conduct. I know of no sponsor that would have taken that.
Grieby54
7/24/2013 10:41am
35smom wrote:
I agree with leakypipe. If my sons goggle sponsor(Scott) was verbally threated by not only his father but another family he wouldn't be back...read the contact...
I agree with leakypipe. If my sons goggle sponsor(Scott) was verbally threated by not only his father but another family he wouldn't be back...read the contact. There are terms of conduct. I know of no sponsor that would have taken that.
Your logic falls on deaf ears.
Choppy
7/24/2013 5:20pm Edited Date/Time 7/24/2013 5:23pm
scott_nz wrote:
DV12 would have been booked to come up before Saturday's incidents, one of the reasons I like Matthes's stuff is because he gives an opinion, and...

one of the reasons I like Matthes's stuff is because he gives an opinion, and not just repeats stuff, of course he has bias towards some people, but he has been more than fair on the Alessi's new image and the MCR team, for Jeff to threaten to assualt him is a very bad look,

Jeff and Tony have caused this whole debacle, i really feel for MIke over it, and to a lesser extent MIke Genova as well, although he has not helped the situation by getting his employee under control,

The excuse that Tony was sticking up for his kid is way over the top, if my old man had ever heard me talk to someone the way Jeff Talked to Matthes, I would have been marched out of their and read the riot act, at 13, 23 or 33 year old,
The Rock wrote:
You are 100 percent correct about DV12 and I obviously was wrong thinking Matthes had pulled DV12 in at the last minute. My bad. Speaking of...
You are 100 percent correct about DV12 and I obviously was wrong thinking Matthes had pulled DV12 in at the last minute. My bad.

Speaking of apologies that is great Jeff Alessi has issued his apology and the show can go on.

To the anonymous Vitard who said my post was related to my issues with DC two things:

1) WTF?

2) While I respect your opinion the reality is DC and I had a clearing of the air at the Phoenix SX. Matter of fact traded e mails with him Tuesday after I gave him a heads up he's in the August issue of MXA on page 149. Great issue all the way around especially the article on 20 things you can do to your 250cc KTM two stroke.

RV said himself the laser had nothing to do with his start as he got a good jump off the gate. Nice rant BTW.
Your just as anonymous as I am. Sent you a PM saying if you want my name just ask. You never replied back.

Go back to acting like your ignoring me.

RV actually said it couldn't have helped...

I'd put money on it that the next two things DC says, you'll disagree with at least one....
Choppy
7/24/2013 6:44pm Edited Date/Time 7/24/2013 6:45pm
The Rock wrote:
You are 100 percent correct about DV12 and I obviously was wrong thinking Matthes had pulled DV12 in at the last minute. My bad. Speaking of...

1) WTF?

Wait, you work for and or support MXA, a magazine that RC, and other racers have called out/ have no respect for because they write anonymous articles and don't sign their name to it?

Pot meet kettle much?
MaxPower
7/24/2013 8:51pm Edited Date/Time 7/24/2013 11:03pm
After listening to Mike G on Pulp and his unapologetic/defensive tone I feel he could be the 4th Alessi. Is the sport supposed to feel bad The Moto Concept team pulled out? I think Mx has taken one step toward becoming just that much more credible as a sport with giving them the penalties .Good Riddance. I don't feel bad for MA. He won't be taken serious as a racer until he faces the world on his own. It's his own fault .
Mike should give Jeff a kick in his nuts with baseball shoes.
That's my little man view from my keyboard .
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
7/24/2013 9:04pm Edited Date/Time 7/25/2013 3:06am
Sorry to disappoint but the Team is finishing the season, Big thanks to Mike G
Alex
7/24/2013 9:53pm Edited Date/Time 7/24/2013 9:56pm
Rinaldi Yamaha have been desperate for a rider to finish the season. Think they just announced Milko Potisek is gonna finish the season for them, but that ride would have been a soft landing for Mike if he wanted to make a little coin to finish the season. I'm sure he could have got some top 10s on that bike too. Yamaha and Monster invest a lot of money to watch poor Joel Roelents riding round at the wrong end of the top 20 injured.

Edit - That's if Motoconcepts really are throwing the towel in obviously.
MaxPower
7/24/2013 10:08pm
Crash82 wrote:
Sorry to disappoint but the Team is finishing the season, Big thanks to Mike G
Good for them. I just can't see how without since the teams owner is powerless to run a team without a manager
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
7/25/2013 3:10am Edited Date/Time 7/25/2013 3:13am
Mike800 will use his superhuman strength to get up the box, nothing to it but to do it.
7/25/2013 9:57am
motosmith wrote:

You are delusional.
motosmith wrote:
The heat has dehydrated your brain. You need to move back to the NW. Quick.Smile
Tony Alessi, acting as both manager of a team that last year was running XBrand frames while sticking their own strap on and as the father of an X Brand sponsored athlete, was jamming his finger in to Matthes' chest and making all sorts of accusations. Jeff is standing there telling him he's going to "put his f***ing elbow in his f***ing face". Not exactly a great atmosphere. What would you do as a sponsor?
7/25/2013 9:58am
The Rock wrote:
Unless you've missed the coverage of the Nationals in 2011 and 2012 you would have seen of at least one rider's performance that was clearly indicative...
Unless you've missed the coverage of the Nationals in 2011 and 2012 you would have seen of at least one rider's performance that was clearly indicative of PED use. There is another racer that had needles and bottles of HGH in his fridge. Very popular 250 rider. I learned about this from the father of a racer who stayed with him. Truth be told we'd be shocked at the amount of riders using HGH. Looking forward to hearing from those of you that don't think HGH is a PED and/or from those of you that don't see anything wrong with HGH.

TeamGreen-I will save you the trouble of asking me sixty four times again to name the racers. It's not going to happen.
All these later, and you are still making these "I have information that you don't! Neener neener!" statements.
motosmith
7/25/2013 11:08am
You are delusional.
motosmith wrote:
Tony Alessi, acting as both manager of a team that last year was running XBrand frames while sticking their own strap on and as the father...
Tony Alessi, acting as both manager of a team that last year was running XBrand frames while sticking their own strap on and as the father of an X Brand sponsored athlete, was jamming his finger in to Matthes' chest and making all sorts of accusations. Jeff is standing there telling him he's going to "put his f***ing elbow in his f***ing face". Not exactly a great atmosphere. What would you do as a sponsor?
In the heat of the moment I probably would have pulled the sponsorship or at least threatened to, then realized the next day that that only hurts Mike and makes me look like a whining baby. It will be interesting to see if Mike is wearing Eks at Millville.

So whats this about last year? Alessi was running Eks frames with Motoconcepts straps?
Ashleymx
7/25/2013 11:37am
I just found it ridiculous that Genova and Tony locked Jeff away to deal with it hours later because they had racing to attend to first (fair enough). But they also expected Matthes to not do the job he's there for and wait for them to catch up before he reports anything haha. So unbelievable. Then it turns out Mathes is 100% right and they still have a problem with it?
MXR
7/25/2013 11:39am Edited Date/Time 7/25/2013 11:40am
Ashleymx wrote:
I just found it ridiculous that Genova and Tony locked Jeff away to deal with it hours later because they had racing to attend to first...
I just found it ridiculous that Genova and Tony locked Jeff away to deal with it hours later because they had racing to attend to first (fair enough). But they also expected Matthes to not do the job he's there for and wait for them to catch up before he reports anything haha. So unbelievable. Then it turns out Mathes is 100% right and they still have a problem with it?
The douche baggery is high at MCR
peelout
7/25/2013 11:49am
The Rock wrote:
Unless you've missed the coverage of the Nationals in 2011 and 2012 you would have seen of at least one rider's performance that was clearly indicative...
Unless you've missed the coverage of the Nationals in 2011 and 2012 you would have seen of at least one rider's performance that was clearly indicative of PED use. There is another racer that had needles and bottles of HGH in his fridge. Very popular 250 rider. I learned about this from the father of a racer who stayed with him. Truth be told we'd be shocked at the amount of riders using HGH. Looking forward to hearing from those of you that don't think HGH is a PED and/or from those of you that don't see anything wrong with HGH.

TeamGreen-I will save you the trouble of asking me sixty four times again to name the racers. It's not going to happen.
All these later, and you are still making these "I have information that you don't! Neener neener!" statements.
i like TheRock (Michael) and at times agree with a lot of what he has to say.

sometimes he hits it right on the head, other times it's like he was hit on the head before posting.

lately it's been the latter.
7/25/2013 12:18pm Edited Date/Time 7/25/2013 12:18pm
Somebody already said it....

A) Clean out the Alessi's, every last one of them, distance yourself from them.

B ) Hire Weston P...you'll get better SX results and, at least this year, similar results outdoors...plus no drama and a clean,
sponsor friendly , image.

Problem solved.
The Rock
7/25/2013 12:42pm
peelout wrote:
i like TheRock (Michael) and at times agree with a lot of what he has to say. sometimes he hits it right on the head, other...
i like TheRock (Michael) and at times agree with a lot of what he has to say.

sometimes he hits it right on the head, other times it's like he was hit on the head before posting.

lately it's been the latter.
I appreciate your words Garret. How's that new ride?

If not supporting negativity IE the piling on with Lasergate (50 pages WTF!) or being a fan of racers with the means to use PEDs getting yet another advantage then I'm proud to appear to have been hit in the head with a hammer before some of my recent posts.

For the record I have never spoken to Tony Alessi and have only had limited interaction with both Jeff and Mike. What happened at Washougal was definitely wrong but for someone that has worked as hard as Mike Alessi has I just hated to see all the mudslinging. Mike Alessi has had terrible luck and I'd love to see how his seasons had gone at Hangtown if he hadn't crashed in practice right after setting the fastest lap time at Hangtown or when he cracked his kneecap before Mt Morris. This sport is beyond brutal and these guys have such a short shelf life. I hope Mike Alessi has a strong finish to his season.

On PEDs DV12 made a good point about PEDs aren't going to make a guy who is a 5 to 10th place guy a winner but this isn't the real issue. The issue is riders in the top five who are using them as they are definitely at an advantage over someone in the top five that is clean. For those of you that feel lack of naming racers is a big issue more power to you but I guess you don't know any mechanics, team managers or industry people otherwise you'd be aware this topic isn't based on false rumors. BTW,let me know if you need any tissues to clean your rose colored glasses to get the sand off them.

But seriously folks there are health consequences to PEDs and racers will have to "pay" enough for their involvement in the sport (injuries) as they get older without having to deal with issues related to PEDs.

I'm expressing my opinions here and as my buddy Todd says "you're welcome to disagree" and that's cool.
motosmith
7/25/2013 12:50pm
scott_nz wrote:

The Rock wrote:

1) WTF?

Choppy wrote:
Your just as anonymous as I am. Sent you a PM saying if you want my name just ask. You never replied back. Go back to...
Your just as anonymous as I am. Sent you a PM saying if you want my name just ask. You never replied back.

Go back to acting like your ignoring me.

RV actually said it couldn't have helped...

I'd put money on it that the next two things DC says, you'll disagree with at least one....
7/26/2013 9:15am
motosmith wrote:
In the heat of the moment I probably would have pulled the sponsorship or at least threatened to, then realized the next day that that only...
In the heat of the moment I probably would have pulled the sponsorship or at least threatened to, then realized the next day that that only hurts Mike and makes me look like a whining baby. It will be interesting to see if Mike is wearing Eks at Millville.

So whats this about last year? Alessi was running Eks frames with Motoconcepts straps?
Yes, I believe Eks sponsored the team with the understanding that MotoConcepts wanted to develop their own line of goggles at some point. Last year, Mike was wearing an Eks frame with a MotoConcepts strap.

You see "whining baby", I see a sponsor rep pulling a sponsorship because of a team manager/sponsored athlete's dad going after him like that. Sponsorships have been lost for not running the right logos on your bike.
7/26/2013 9:30am
It's not just about someone threatening you with physical harm: it's about your brand's image. The brand is being harmed by association with this team-it makes business sense to distance yourself immediately. That's why Tiger and Paula Deen lost their sponsors when it surfaced that they did dumb shit. It's a business decision, plain and simple.
7/26/2013 9:31am
It's not just about someone threatening you with physical harm: it's about your brand's image. The brand is being harmed by association with this team-it makes...
It's not just about someone threatening you with physical harm: it's about your brand's image. The brand is being harmed by association with this team-it makes business sense to distance yourself immediately. That's why Tiger and Paula Deen lost their sponsors when it surfaced that they did dumb shit. It's a business decision, plain and simple.
Yep, and that's the risk Mike has run by allowing his dad to stick around. Mike will most likely never be on a factory bike again thanks in large part to his dad, and with all that talent, that's a big bummer.

Post a reply to: Mike Genova on Pulp Mx

The Latest