Mike Genova on Pulp Mx

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/23/2013 4:56pm
GuyB wrote:
If you're to believe a distant set of jungle drums (and I do) the team will be in Millville, and Mike Alessi will get to continue...
If you're to believe a distant set of jungle drums (and I do) the team will be in Millville, and Mike Alessi will get to continue with the 2013 outdoor season.
gsxrcr28 wrote:
That would be good news. Mike and the crew should not get screwed for what Tony and Jeff did.
Exactly.
Vintage Dude
7/23/2013 5:15pm
Anyone else having issues downloading the podcast off of iTunes? It won't load and other podcasts will.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4408th
7/23/2013 5:21pm
GuyB wrote:
If you're to believe a distant set of jungle drums (and I do) the team will be in Millville, and Mike Alessi will get to continue...
If you're to believe a distant set of jungle drums (and I do) the team will be in Millville, and Mike Alessi will get to continue with the 2013 outdoor season.
gsxrcr28 wrote:
That would be good news. Mike and the crew should not get screwed for what Tony and Jeff did.
GuyB wrote:
Exactly.

The Shop

The Rock
7/23/2013 5:24pm
Maybe we should discuss this in the other thread you started but are these riders you mentioned being tested often and randomly and are all riders...
Maybe we should discuss this in the other thread you started but are these riders you mentioned being tested often and randomly and are all riders under the same requirements for testing? Didn't Lance Armstrong pass these same tests? It is impossible to say who is doing it and who is not that is the problem, but it isn't too difficult to speculate who may be.
Unless you've missed the coverage of the Nationals in 2011 and 2012 you would have seen of at least one rider's performance that was clearly indicative of PED use. There is another racer that had needles and bottles of HGH in his fridge. Very popular 250 rider. I learned about this from the father of a racer who stayed with him. Truth be told we'd be shocked at the amount of riders using HGH. Looking forward to hearing from those of you that don't think HGH is a PED and/or from those of you that don't see anything wrong with HGH.

TeamGreen-I will save you the trouble of asking me sixty four times again to name the racers. It's not going to happen.
Bauer
7/23/2013 5:24pm
That's certainly good news.
Hut
7/23/2013 5:26pm
Yes! I hope Mike does finish the season (without the clown show).
SoCalMX70
7/23/2013 5:28pm
Glad to read that news. Mike made his mistakes in the past, but that is in the past and he has been a good person for a few years now. I love his interviews. You can tell he enjoys what he is doing and is thankful for every moment of it.

Would've been a shame if he didn't finish out the series because of his Dad and brother.
WORCSRacer
7/23/2013 5:30pm
GuyB wrote:
gsxrcr28 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Exactly.
Ah the proverbial Silver lining...
Choppy
7/23/2013 5:34pm
Maybe we should discuss this in the other thread you started but are these riders you mentioned being tested often and randomly and are all riders...
Maybe we should discuss this in the other thread you started but are these riders you mentioned being tested often and randomly and are all riders under the same requirements for testing? Didn't Lance Armstrong pass these same tests? It is impossible to say who is doing it and who is not that is the problem, but it isn't too difficult to speculate who may be.
The Rock wrote:
Unless you've missed the coverage of the Nationals in 2011 and 2012 you would have seen of at least one rider's performance that was clearly indicative...
Unless you've missed the coverage of the Nationals in 2011 and 2012 you would have seen of at least one rider's performance that was clearly indicative of PED use. There is another racer that had needles and bottles of HGH in his fridge. Very popular 250 rider. I learned about this from the father of a racer who stayed with him. Truth be told we'd be shocked at the amount of riders using HGH. Looking forward to hearing from those of you that don't think HGH is a PED and/or from those of you that don't see anything wrong with HGH.

TeamGreen-I will save you the trouble of asking me sixty four times again to name the racers. It's not going to happen.
And yet without blood testing all the testing everyone is screaming for is moot.
Jeff K
Fantasy
3743rd
7/23/2013 5:35pm
Great news. I hope he kills it and finishes on the box. That could be the podium speech of the decade Cool
Law 131
7/23/2013 5:45pm
I just finished listening to the Genova interview.

He's a very credible guy who's at a crossroad.

It's foolish to try convince the sanctioning body, MX Sports, to change its ruling.

My advise, come out and denounce Tony's reaction to the event and announce that he's been fired for
misconduct. There is plenty of evidence to support that move.

Call a press conference and announce that MotoConcepts will not support that kind of reaction
from it's team members.
oshow
7/23/2013 5:54pm
TeamGreen wrote:
While I'm HUGELY disappointed...I've gotta be honest: I really dig what Genova has accomplished. With that said... I thought this was suppose to be about the...
While I'm HUGELY disappointed...I've gotta be honest: I really dig what Genova has accomplished.

With that said...

I thought this was suppose to be about the Racing?
If so...
Why not just "Dust yourselves off"...go back and sit down w/ Davey...Apologize for the Douche-baggery that spewed from YOUR PIT & Get the truck back out on the Road and GO RACING!
You just need Mike, a Good Mechanic, a Truck-Driver and 1 or 2 bodies to help with set-up and tear-down...VOILA!
You DON'T NEED Tony.
Certainly don't Need Jeff (I really don't like saying that. I like this kid. He simply did something Stupid...just like WE ALL have at one-time or another).
Oh...and...Jeff? Step TF Up and Own It. You have no Idea how many of us will "Get It". Seriously, please, just put an END to IT. You know me. I'm the guy that has always told ya..."Just get back out there and do it better; because, I KNOW you can!"

See...that's the Problem: all the talk I've heard is about Ego & Denial, He-said/She-said, I'm Right-You're Wrong...I'm the cool-guy & you're not...yada, yada, yada. I get it: You're All Pissed Off. Fine; But, No-One seems to see the need to "Own It!". Even Kenny had me a little disappointed, last-night...and I got nuthin' but love for that guy. He's done soooooo much more than people know...for guys that needed help...yet, last-nite? He kinda gave Tony a Free-Pass.
All the While: DV had this shit COVERED!

Then there's the "DC dragging Jeff thru the Pits" B.S. Uh, no. Not having it. While we're at it:

Where TF is the Culpability? Where TF is the Men acting like Men? I am So Damn Embarrassed for you guys that I AM uncomfortable with it. MAN TF UP!

Let's Move Forward...as the Racing Community that we are...hell...the Pits at a National? It's like a Damn Family Reunion...all the way down to the Silly-Drama! Everyone knows each-other and everyone's had good days and bad.

And let's be REAL CLEAR: Anyone...and I mean...
ANY-ONE that knows Davey...well...YOU know damn WELL...Davey does not WANT to issue Penalties...Especially to Mike... the Rider; But, The Rules are written that way for a reason & that reason is...? It works.

It's time for Cooler-Heads to sit down and fix this mess.

And...OWN IT.

Please...
Please X 2
Law 131
7/23/2013 6:06pm
For Genova, this isn't about Jeff Alessi. I wouldn't recommend that he even address it, at this point.

This is about Tony Alessi's reaction to event's as they unfolded. Totally and completely unacceptable
for a professional company, of any type, to display bad behavior.

Team's can often explain away bad behavior of the athlete's. When leaders do it, it's a death sentence.
oshow
7/23/2013 6:06pm
GuyB wrote:
Good.
The Rock
7/23/2013 6:55pm
motosmith wrote:
Thank God I'm not the only one that thinks Matthes is the original Douche Bag in all of this. Well, maybe Jeff is the original DB...
Thank God I'm not the only one that thinks Matthes is the original Douche Bag in all of this. Well, maybe Jeff is the original DB but Matthes is giving him a run for his money. Complete Famewhore trying to make a name for himself at the expense of others.

Did he really say "tell Mike to find another goggle sponsor"? Why, because someone called him a name?
What about Matthes having DV12 on the show to round out the "let's throw the Alessi family under the bus" program? Journalists are supposed to be unbiased but clearly Matthes is far from unbiased having DV12 on Monday's show. i like and am friends with DV12 but honestly think he should have been on next week's show for his perspective and not Monday's show. Timing is everything.

Kenny Watson was the voice of reason (at least until I had to go after RV signed off) but his unbiased ethical position clearly had no room on the show. What Kenny said about a father standing up his son was right on the money.

In the same breath I have to say Jeff Alessi was completely wrong to get emotional with Matthes and the whole laser deal is obviously totally unacceptable. What is also unacceptable is the piling on that has gone on since the race. It was a stupid unfortunate event but no one was injured and it didn't affect the outcome of the race. Does this make it any less wrong...no but the way this thing has snowballed is also wrong IMO.

Regarding the fines the part about the foul language cracks me up. Hope Roy Janson didn't listen to PulpMX. Can you imagine a NASCAR program with people using the F word being broadcast on the Internet?

Speaking of the Internet this event shows the underbelly of this instant reporting/tweet deal. It also demonstrates the tenets of our legal system "innocent until proven guilty" are far removed from the Internet.
7/23/2013 7:08pm
GuyB wrote:
gsxrcr28 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Exactly.
The Phoenix will rise from the ashes. Or shall we say stallion.... It will all work out.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
7/23/2013 7:10pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2013 7:14pm
The Rock wrote:
What about Matthes having DV12 on the show to round out the "let's throw the Alessi family under the bus" program? Journalists are supposed to be...
What about Matthes having DV12 on the show to round out the "let's throw the Alessi family under the bus" program? Journalists are supposed to be unbiased but clearly Matthes is far from unbiased having DV12 on Monday's show. i like and am friends with DV12 but honestly think he should have been on next week's show for his perspective and not Monday's show. Timing is everything.

Kenny Watson was the voice of reason (at least until I had to go after RV signed off) but his unbiased ethical position clearly had no room on the show. What Kenny said about a father standing up his son was right on the money.

In the same breath I have to say Jeff Alessi was completely wrong to get emotional with Matthes and the whole laser deal is obviously totally unacceptable. What is also unacceptable is the piling on that has gone on since the race. It was a stupid unfortunate event but no one was injured and it didn't affect the outcome of the race. Does this make it any less wrong...no but the way this thing has snowballed is also wrong IMO.

Regarding the fines the part about the foul language cracks me up. Hope Roy Janson didn't listen to PulpMX. Can you imagine a NASCAR program with people using the F word being broadcast on the Internet?

Speaking of the Internet this event shows the underbelly of this instant reporting/tweet deal. It also demonstrates the tenets of our legal system "innocent until proven guilty" are far removed from the Internet.
DV12 would have been booked to come up before Saturday's incidents,

one of the reasons I like Matthes's stuff is because he gives an opinion, and not just repeats stuff, of course he has bias towards some people, but he has been more than fair on the Alessi's new image and the MCR team, for Jeff to threaten to assualt him is a very bad look,

Jeff and Tony have caused this whole debacle, i really feel for MIke over it, and to a lesser extent MIke Genova as well, although he has not helped the situation by getting his employee under control,

The excuse that Tony was sticking up for his kid is way over the top, if my old man had ever heard me talk to someone the way Jeff Talked to Matthes, I would have been marched out of their and read the riot act, at 13, 23 or 33 year old,
mjskier
7/23/2013 7:44pm
Journalists are supposed to be unbiased...

Clearly you don't pay too much attention to current news (The big bad "white" George Zimmerman vs, the baby faced Trayvon Martin for some example)
Choppy
7/23/2013 7:56pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2013 8:00pm
motosmith wrote:
Thank God I'm not the only one that thinks Matthes is the original Douche Bag in all of this. Well, maybe Jeff is the original DB...
Thank God I'm not the only one that thinks Matthes is the original Douche Bag in all of this. Well, maybe Jeff is the original DB but Matthes is giving him a run for his money. Complete Famewhore trying to make a name for himself at the expense of others.

Did he really say "tell Mike to find another goggle sponsor"? Why, because someone called him a name?
The Rock wrote:
What about Matthes having DV12 on the show to round out the "let's throw the Alessi family under the bus" program? Journalists are supposed to be...

DV-12 was booked before this happened. Do you assume they tell him not to show up after booking him?
How do you know if that messed up RV's start preventing him from going 1 for 1?

Standing up for your kid is great. It's also great for people to have the ability to admit they made a mistake, and apologize. IMO Tony has never taken responsibility or admitted he was wrong. I feel DV was right when he told Tony he needed to get help

You're right, the judicial systems innocent until proven guilty is removed from the Internet. It's also pretty much irrelevant to most in the real world because the judical system can't say someones innocent, only that they're not guilty and that makes arguments pretty hard to rule on in sports. i find it odd you act like reporting on things right away is new. Places like ESPN report on things all the time on television before people are considered "guilty." Why should MX be different?

I don't think you really care about the incident as much as you simply want to go against DC. that seems like a constant thing with you I don't understand it?

PS: You never did PM me for my name so I wouldn't be anonymous to you.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
7/23/2013 8:04pm
Haven't listened to the Pulp show yet. Was Grendel on this week?
petie11o5
7/23/2013 8:12pm
jeffro503 wrote:
This is too the pulling out of the rest of the nationals thing and nothing else......... MG said that without Tony around running everything as they...
This is too the pulling out of the rest of the nationals thing and nothing else.........

MG said that without Tony around running everything as they need a manager , it just wouldn't be possible. As in....it would be a major pain in the ass to run these last few races without a manager.

I dunno man......I think MG and MA800 are getting totally thrown under the bus for something they didn't have anything to do with. Sure....take the fine , but taking away points from Mike A and basically shutting down the entire MCR team is a bad move for the sport I think.

Weather you like MikeG or not.......we need teams like that in our sport. You can believe that or not , it's up to you.
Agree 100%. This isn't the NFL. Our sport cannot handle these kind of sanctions.Taking away a top team is a huge blow to the series.
newmann
7/23/2013 8:16pm
Haven't listened to the Pulp show yet. Was Grendel on this week?
Where is Matt these days?
Choppy
7/23/2013 8:18pm
jeffro503 wrote:
This is too the pulling out of the rest of the nationals thing and nothing else......... MG said that without Tony around running everything as they...
This is too the pulling out of the rest of the nationals thing and nothing else.........

MG said that without Tony around running everything as they need a manager , it just wouldn't be possible. As in....it would be a major pain in the ass to run these last few races without a manager.

I dunno man......I think MG and MA800 are getting totally thrown under the bus for something they didn't have anything to do with. Sure....take the fine , but taking away points from Mike A and basically shutting down the entire MCR team is a bad move for the sport I think.

Weather you like MikeG or not.......we need teams like that in our sport. You can believe that or not , it's up to you.
petie11o5 wrote:
Agree 100%. This isn't the NFL. Our sport cannot handle these kind of sanctions.Taking away a top team is a huge blow to the series.
They took themselves away by acting the way they did. Tony needed and still needs to take responsibility for what he did, but he can't seem to admit that he's wrong.
7/23/2013 8:51pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2013 8:52pm
Oh Gawd...the unprofessional behavior by Genova. Only a dickhead would sit there and try and mitigate damage from this.

This guy sits there and tries to defend Tony based on him being a Dad. This is professional motorsports racing, not the 125A class at some local race. These guys expect major sponsorship for this backyard circus?
Motodave15
7/23/2013 9:26pm
Some of you guys need to take off your rose colored lenses on this issue.

Genova had some valid points.
Choppy
7/23/2013 10:27pm
Motodave15 wrote:
Some of you guys need to take off your rose colored lenses on this issue.

Genova had some valid points.
He fired Canada for being unprofessional and smoking dope, but supports this crap.....Not very good points if you ask me.
7/23/2013 10:56pm
Law 131 wrote:
For Genova, this isn't about Jeff Alessi. I wouldn't recommend that he even address it, at this point. This is about Tony Alessi's reaction to event's...
For Genova, this isn't about Jeff Alessi. I wouldn't recommend that he even address it, at this point.

This is about Tony Alessi's reaction to event's as they unfolded. Totally and completely unacceptable
for a professional company, of any type, to display bad behavior.

Team's can often explain away bad behavior of the athlete's. When leaders do it, it's a death sentence.
Obviously, Mike Genova doesn't have a PR firm to handle his mx/sx business. It appears that an untimely "tweet" triggered Tony's reactions and a son who didn't exactly inform his father of the truth. On Saturday, emotions ran high and words were said. The only thing Mr. Genova could have done is advise Tony that as a representative of MotoConcepts not to speak on Pulpmx. It didn't serve any purpose to have Tony, who is not known for his public relations skills, to address Saturday's incident prior to Jeff's apology. Still, that's Genova's call as team owner and sponsor. On the other hand, I thought Mr. Genova made a strong case of why the penalties were severe.
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4002nd
7/23/2013 11:48pm
mjskier wrote:
[b]Journalists are supposed to be unbiased...[/b] Clearly you don't pay too much attention to current news (The big bad "white" George Zimmerman vs, the baby faced...

Clearly you don't pay too much attention to current news (The big bad "white" George Zimmerman vs, the baby faced Trayvon Martin for some example)
This
bd
7/24/2013 12:18am
mjskier wrote:
[b]Journalists are supposed to be unbiased...[/b] Clearly you don't pay too much attention to current news (The big bad "white" George Zimmerman vs, the baby faced...

This
Shock jocks, news shows (O'Reilly etc) differ from journalist

Post a reply to: Mike Genova on Pulp Mx

The Latest