Mike Genova on Pulp Mx

gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
7/23/2013 11:55am
88sdad wrote:
Fuck Genova for fucking Mike
Mr. Ted wrote:
Well if you were a business owner and this negative light is being shined on you and your business from an entity (MCR)that is taking money...
Well if you were a business owner and this negative light is being shined on you and your business from an entity (MCR)that is taking money and not making money, what would you do? Love him or hate him, Genova put a lot of money and time into a team that was basically created for the Alessis and to be perfectly honest, I would probably do the same thing. You can't blame Genova for screwing Mike, but you can blame Jeff and Tony.
flarider wrote:
I tend to disagree. Genova knew the potential of some issue happening when he hired them, they have a history. I think the bigger issue here...
I tend to disagree.
Genova knew the potential of some issue happening when he hired them, they have a history.

I think the bigger issue here in Genova's refusal to pay the fine or continue is not necessarily, Mike, but the fate of all those who are part of that team, including sponsors.

Teams make commitments, not just to riders, but to mechanics, drivers, support staff, sponsors and more and to just throw up your hands and walk away because you're pissed is wrong on many levels and hurts many people.

I'm not trying to shit on Mike Genova or anyone, I just hope he sees the bigger picture and reconsiders.

These people of his team are now in a state of limbo, because their credentials are suspended until the fine is paid. So, not only are these people out of work, but they're now PREVENTED from working.

It's a selfish decision

Wait until sponsors want money back and lawsuits get filed, the $10K and four races would seem much easier to do
Well said Dave.
7/23/2013 12:02pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2013 12:03pm
What is your ironclad proof of "obvious use" there Einstein?
Logic
Choppy wrote:
What riders winning didn't ride insanely well as amateurs? Did these kids dope when they were 8 to 10 years old on 60's because those are...
What riders winning didn't ride insanely well as amateurs? Did these kids dope when they were 8 to 10 years old on 60's because those are the kids winning today?
Like I said, logic. Do you think Ryan Braun was a top little leaguer? I know he was a top highschool and college player. Did he use PED's back then or just nowaday's?
7/23/2013 12:07pm
I agree with everything you said but I don't think he is savvy enough to have predicted the level absurdity it could go to, and like...
I agree with everything you said but I don't think he is savvy enough to have predicted the level absurdity it could go to, and like the others of ilk he will probably go back to devoting his energies to his regular pursuits.
It wouldn't surprise me if he did, but he doesn't have to if he wants to run a team that does well in MX and SX...
It wouldn't surprise me if he did, but he doesn't have to if he wants to run a team that does well in MX and SX. I'm not sure the issue is as much how savvy he is as the problem some people have when they are used to running things and then they play in a system where they are subject to rules.

It'll be shame if he leaves, but the principal sponsors are his own moto and nonmoto businesses, right?
I am sure he understands there are rules but in the MX industry there are a lot of unwritten ones as well.
TeamGreen
7/23/2013 12:16pm
While I'm HUGELY disappointed...I've gotta be honest: I really dig what Genova has accomplished.

With that said...

I thought this was suppose to be about the Racing?
If so...
Why not just "Dust yourselves off"...go back and sit down w/ Davey...Apologize for the Douche-baggery that spewed from YOUR PIT & Get the truck back out on the Road and GO RACING!
You just need Mike, a Good Mechanic, a Truck-Driver and 1 or 2 bodies to help with set-up and tear-down...VOILA!
You DON'T NEED Tony.
Certainly don't Need Jeff (I really don't like saying that. I like this kid. He simply did something Stupid...just like WE ALL have at one-time or another).
Oh...and...Jeff? Step TF Up and Own It. You have no Idea how many of us will "Get It". Seriously, please, just put an END to IT. You know me. I'm the guy that has always told ya..."Just get back out there and do it better; because, I KNOW you can!"

See...that's the Problem: all the talk I've heard is about Ego & Denial, He-said/She-said, I'm Right-You're Wrong...I'm the cool-guy & you're not...yada, yada, yada. I get it: You're All Pissed Off. Fine; But, No-One seems to see the need to "Own It!". Even Kenny had me a little disappointed, last-night...and I got nuthin' but love for that guy. He's done soooooo much more than people know...for guys that needed help...yet, last-nite? He kinda gave Tony a Free-Pass.
All the While: DV had this shit COVERED!

Then there's the "DC dragging Jeff thru the Pits" B.S. Uh, no. Not having it. While we're at it:

Where TF is the Culpability? Where TF is the Men acting like Men? I am So Damn Embarrassed for you guys that I AM uncomfortable with it. MAN TF UP!

Let's Move Forward...as the Racing Community that we are...hell...the Pits at a National? It's like a Damn Family Reunion...all the way down to the Silly-Drama! Everyone knows each-other and everyone's had good days and bad.

And let's be REAL CLEAR: Anyone...and I mean...
ANY-ONE that knows Davey...well...YOU know damn WELL...Davey does not WANT to issue Penalties...Especially to Mike... the Rider; But, The Rules are written that way for a reason & that reason is...? It works.

It's time for Cooler-Heads to sit down and fix this mess.

And...OWN IT.

Please...

The Shop

Choppy
7/23/2013 12:19pm
Logic
Choppy wrote:
What riders winning didn't ride insanely well as amateurs? Did these kids dope when they were 8 to 10 years old on 60's because those are...
What riders winning didn't ride insanely well as amateurs? Did these kids dope when they were 8 to 10 years old on 60's because those are the kids winning today?
Like I said, logic. Do you think Ryan Braun was a top little leaguer? I know he was a top highschool and college player. Did he...
Like I said, logic. Do you think Ryan Braun was a top little leaguer? I know he was a top highschool and college player. Did he use PED's back then or just nowaday's?
You tried to use words Freud said, who's an atheist himself, to say that all people that don't believe in god are psychologically ill. Not sure you can still claim you have great logic. Actually, religion is the opposite of logic, but that's a different argument not to be had here.

DV, Mitch, Decoster, etc have brought up many great points that disprove that "logic" you use to "prove" that top racers are using this type of thing to get some insane advantage. It's just not logical.
7/23/2013 12:57pm
Choppy wrote:
Like I said, logic. Do you think Ryan Braun was a top little leaguer? I know he was a top highschool and college player. Did he...
Choppy wrote:
You tried to use words Freud said, who's an atheist himself, to say that all people that don't believe in god are psychologically ill. Not sure...
You tried to use words Freud said, who's an atheist himself, to say that all people that don't believe in god are psychologically ill. Not sure you can still claim you have great logic. Actually, religion is the opposite of logic, but that's a different argument not to be had here.

DV, Mitch, Decoster, etc have brought up many great points that disprove that "logic" you use to "prove" that top racers are using this type of thing to get some insane advantage. It's just not logical.
Funny, Maybe you should go back and read that thread and reflect on your relationship with your father.

So for some reason MX is the one and only sport where PED's would be a huge benefit but competitors are above the temptation to seek a little edge where millions of dollars are made by those a couple of seconds a lap faster the the rest. Okay, I see your point it makes no sense.
Choppy
7/23/2013 12:59pm
Choppy wrote:
You tried to use words Freud said, who's an atheist himself, to say that all people that don't believe in god are psychologically ill. Not sure...

Funny, Maybe you should go back and read that thread and reflect on your relationship with your father. So for some reason MX is the one...
Funny, Maybe you should go back and read that thread and reflect on your relationship with your father.

So for some reason MX is the one and only sport where PED's would be a huge benefit but competitors are above the temptation to seek a little edge where millions of dollars are made by those a couple of seconds a lap faster the the rest. Okay, I see your point it makes no sense.
Just went boating with him in Florida.
Reed, RV, KW have all done WADA testing. So who's doing it?
7/23/2013 1:26pm
Choppy wrote:

Funny, Maybe you should go back and read that thread and reflect on your relationship with your father. So for some reason MX is the one...

Choppy wrote:
Maybe we should discuss this in the other thread you started but are these riders you mentioned being tested often and randomly and are all riders under the same requirements for testing? Didn't Lance Armstrong pass these same tests? It is impossible to say who is doing it and who is not that is the problem, but it isn't too difficult to speculate who may be.
kevingent55
7/23/2013 1:29pm

Choppy wrote:
Maybe we should discuss this in the other thread you started but are these riders you mentioned being tested often and randomly and are all riders...
Maybe we should discuss this in the other thread you started but are these riders you mentioned being tested often and randomly and are all riders under the same requirements for testing? Didn't Lance Armstrong pass these same tests? It is impossible to say who is doing it and who is not that is the problem, but it isn't too difficult to speculate who may be.
So what is your criteria for speculation? Who wins? Whoever beats your favorite rider?

Speculating on something that could be considered detrimental to someone's career in a publicly accessible forum is bullshit, in my opinion.
7/23/2013 1:32pm
Choppy wrote:
Maybe we should discuss this in the other thread you started but are these riders you mentioned being tested often and randomly and are all riders...
So what is your criteria for speculation? Who wins? Whoever beats your favorite rider? Speculating on something that could be considered detrimental to someone's career in...
So what is your criteria for speculation? Who wins? Whoever beats your favorite rider?

Speculating on something that could be considered detrimental to someone's career in a publicly accessible forum is bullshit, in my opinion.
I don't have a favorite rider and i am not all that fond of speculation, but I guarantee like in all other sports some are. Why do you think MX is different from every other sport in this area?
JQ
7/23/2013 1:40pm
I thought it was funny that 2 days after the event he still couldnt admit it happened and apologise. Still said if we had the proof and if we knew it happened we would have apologised, but he didnt even do it now :-)

And with Jeff using the laser before the race at some other event, and in the team semi before the motos I find it unlikely that no one on MC crew knew he had one.

I mean its pretty simple: someone was shining a laser, they are saying its Jeff. Wait a minute, jeff had a laser earlier on...what proof do they need, just accept it.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
7/23/2013 1:49pm
I don't have a favorite rider and i am not all that fond of speculation, but I guarantee like in all other sports some are. Why...
I don't have a favorite rider and i am not all that fond of speculation, but I guarantee like in all other sports some are. Why do you think MX is different from every other sport in this area?
Not arguing the merits or drawbacks of PED use, but one thing that is missing from the discussions is how you test, what you test for, and how much that is going to cost. As someone mentioned, the WADA regime used in SX and I guess the GPs is a pretty leaky net technically and not always reliable (i.e., costly appeals) in terms of the chain of evidence. My understanding (which I concede is limited) is that the more sophisticated testing regimes are incredibly expensive, maybe prohibitively for a sport like MX.

It seems like there is a real dilemma about how to go about it even if you concede it's there; I'm not sure it's as easy as saying test.
peelout
7/23/2013 1:50pm
JQ wrote:
I thought it was funny that 2 days after the event he still couldnt admit it happened and apologise. Still said if we had the proof...
I thought it was funny that 2 days after the event he still couldnt admit it happened and apologise. Still said if we had the proof and if we knew it happened we would have apologised, but he didnt even do it now :-)

And with Jeff using the laser before the race at some other event, and in the team semi before the motos I find it unlikely that no one on MC crew knew he had one.

I mean its pretty simple: someone was shining a laser, they are saying its Jeff. Wait a minute, jeff had a laser earlier on...what proof do they need, just accept it.
perhaps one of the disgruntled employees that are now out of a job will have something to say. if some entitled ass-hat did something stupid and i lost my job over it, you bet your ass i would reveal the story (after kicking his ass).
kevingent55
7/23/2013 2:11pm
So what is your criteria for speculation? Who wins? Whoever beats your favorite rider? Speculating on something that could be considered detrimental to someone's career in...

I don't have a favorite rider and i am not all that fond of speculation, but I guarantee like in all other sports some are. Why...
Your reading comprehension is off. I never said they didn't do it, I said prove it. It sucks that people like you can just make a broad stroke and include everyone on the line as a possible cheater without having any evidence. That is all.
twister
7/23/2013 2:58pm
TeamGreen wrote:
While I'm HUGELY disappointed...I've gotta be honest: I really dig what Genova has accomplished. With that said... I thought this was suppose to be about the...
While I'm HUGELY disappointed...I've gotta be honest: I really dig what Genova has accomplished.

With that said...

I thought this was suppose to be about the Racing?
If so...
Why not just "Dust yourselves off"...go back and sit down w/ Davey...Apologize for the Douche-baggery that spewed from YOUR PIT & Get the truck back out on the Road and GO RACING!
You just need Mike, a Good Mechanic, a Truck-Driver and 1 or 2 bodies to help with set-up and tear-down...VOILA!
You DON'T NEED Tony.
Certainly don't Need Jeff (I really don't like saying that. I like this kid. He simply did something Stupid...just like WE ALL have at one-time or another).
Oh...and...Jeff? Step TF Up and Own It. You have no Idea how many of us will "Get It". Seriously, please, just put an END to IT. You know me. I'm the guy that has always told ya..."Just get back out there and do it better; because, I KNOW you can!"

See...that's the Problem: all the talk I've heard is about Ego & Denial, He-said/She-said, I'm Right-You're Wrong...I'm the cool-guy & you're not...yada, yada, yada. I get it: You're All Pissed Off. Fine; But, No-One seems to see the need to "Own It!". Even Kenny had me a little disappointed, last-night...and I got nuthin' but love for that guy. He's done soooooo much more than people know...for guys that needed help...yet, last-nite? He kinda gave Tony a Free-Pass.
All the While: DV had this shit COVERED!

Then there's the "DC dragging Jeff thru the Pits" B.S. Uh, no. Not having it. While we're at it:

Where TF is the Culpability? Where TF is the Men acting like Men? I am So Damn Embarrassed for you guys that I AM uncomfortable with it. MAN TF UP!

Let's Move Forward...as the Racing Community that we are...hell...the Pits at a National? It's like a Damn Family Reunion...all the way down to the Silly-Drama! Everyone knows each-other and everyone's had good days and bad.

And let's be REAL CLEAR: Anyone...and I mean...
ANY-ONE that knows Davey...well...YOU know damn WELL...Davey does not WANT to issue Penalties...Especially to Mike... the Rider; But, The Rules are written that way for a reason & that reason is...? It works.

It's time for Cooler-Heads to sit down and fix this mess.

And...OWN IT.

Please...
Great post team green.
I can't believe with all the evidence they just can't admit it.It's really quite shameful.
7/23/2013 3:00pm

Your reading comprehension is off. I never said they didn't do it, I said prove it. It sucks that people like you can just make a...
Your reading comprehension is off. I never said they didn't do it, I said prove it. It sucks that people like you can just make a broad stroke and include everyone on the line as a possible cheater without having any evidence. That is all.
But everyone on the line is a possible cheater and everyone on it is possibly clean we just don't know because they are not tested thoroughly enough. So the MX fans are left to look at signs, trends, connections and make educational guesses on who probably is. Common sense says some are using and there really isn't a whole lot being done to deter it.
7/23/2013 3:17pm
I posted this on the other thread. I guess it belongs here too.

I think there is much more to this story too. Here is what Perry Mason told me happened.

First off Genova sounded pretty bad trying to act like he still didn't "know for sure" that Jeff did it. Come on.......

Same with Tony.

Mike, he hasn't said a word. Smartest of the bunch.

Now here is the deal. I am changing my view on this. I think the WHOLE TEAM KNEW

Why do I think this. Jeff was playing with the laser for days. At PIR and in the truck. We have documentation of this. So we would have to assume that nobody, and I mean nobody on Moto Concepts saw this laser while he was playing with it around the truck or at other places which probably is impossible because somebody got a picture of it from across the pits.

Next we are told Mookie pointed it out to Mike on the line that somebody was shining a laser at them (or at least himself). I would like to know what Mike said back to the Predator but I bet he down played it like or ignored it. At this point Mike had to have known that that Jeff was in possession of the laser and that was probably him. My theory is he knew it was him and it was the plan. That Jeff would shine the laser at Mike before they put their helmets on to see if it was gonna work or not. He just happened to hit Mook while doing this. Mike knew. Why else would he shine a laser at his brother other than a test run?

The reason I think they all knew is because in the face of insurmountable evidence they are all sticking together

Everyone of them (TA, Jeff, and Genova) are playing from the SAME playbook, and that playbook is not what happened. They are all towing the same line that they "don't know for sure and Matthes was irresponsible". Which is a lie.

You have to look at this backwards, not frontwards. Don't ask why would Genova come on the PumpMx show and act like that, ask why wouldn't he come on and tell the truth.

Why in the world would Genova after seeing the Racer X report with pictures and video of Coombs removing the laser from Jeffs person, the pic of laser shining in his own hauler, and the Prozuder video not come on the PumpMX show as an intelligent individual that he obviously is based on the fact he is running his other company that pays for this and say it like it is. "Man I saw the pictures. I saw the videos. I heard from the eye witnesses and boys Jeff effed up. He was not representing Motoconcepts and he is not welcome in our pits anymore. On behalf of the entire Motoconcepts team I apologize". He didn't do that. He harped for 20 minutes on Matthes about nothing. Same thing Tony did. Why? Because he knew. He knows if he comes out and throws Jeff under the bus, Jeff will return the favor and tell all. That is why Tony and Genova were constantly trying to AVOID admitting Jeff did it and spin the story to Matthes and his "irresponsible" tweeting.

As Vilipoto would say

If in fact Genova does pull out for the rest of the series I suspect other members of the team will become disgruntled, there will be chinks in the armour and somebody will spill it. Just watch we will make it to 100...

Also take note that in all the pictures, videos, and eye witness reports, the girlfriend is.... absent....
Taylor156
7/23/2013 3:31pm
The girlfriend is still the best come on Jeff ! No chick in sight lol
DrSweden
7/23/2013 3:37pm
Link to show doesn't work... WTF...
40Plus_922mx
7/23/2013 3:48pm
All he did was try and take the focus off of THE INCIDENT and JEFF'S INVOLVEMENT. Criticizing how everyone else handled the deal. How in the heck was everyone supposed to act considering the complete insanity of this type of deal? Mind blowing mentality of MG.

He should been, "Yeah, this whole thing sucks, Jeff is a moron, Tony is a loose cannon, and Mike got the short end of this one".
Joelessi
7/23/2013 3:51pm
I really want to listen to this. Maybe I am just stupid but I don't see a link on the site if anyone can direct me I would appreciate it.
40Plus_922mx
7/23/2013 3:57pm
I Love KW, "I back TA for defending his kid, I get it". LoL, Like DC is a violent person with a track record. Such crap.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/23/2013 4:23pm
If you're to believe a distant set of jungle drums (and I do) the team will be in Millville, and Mike Alessi will get to continue with the 2013 outdoor season.
pamoto
7/23/2013 4:26pm
That to me is good news. Mike deserves to finish out the season.
Vintage Dude
7/23/2013 4:31pm
Anyone else having issues downloading PulpMx on iTunes? I can download other shows, but Pulp finishes with an error. Been doing this all day. Also, PulpMx does not have it on their site yet.
Lawyers?Woohoo
newmann
7/23/2013 4:36pm
GuyB wrote:
If you're to believe a distant set of jungle drums (and I do) the team will be in Millville, and Mike Alessi will get to continue...
If you're to believe a distant set of jungle drums (and I do) the team will be in Millville, and Mike Alessi will get to continue with the 2013 outdoor season.
Hope so. Mike has been keeping his head down and putting in the work the last several years without any weirdness. Hate to see this recent flare up...
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
7/23/2013 4:45pm
GuyB wrote:
If you're to believe a distant set of jungle drums (and I do) the team will be in Millville, and Mike Alessi will get to continue...
I would hate for the series to lose Mike over this. I really, really hope he is able to line up for the rest of the season.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
7/23/2013 4:49pm
GuyB wrote:
That would be good news. Mike and the crew should not get screwed for what Tony and Jeff did.

Post a reply to: Mike Genova on Pulp Mx

The Latest