Mike Craig-Whiskey Throttle Show

RACERX69
Edited Date/Time 11/26/2021 9:50pm
Anyone listen/watch this one yet?

Mike's an interesting individual. Loved hearing about his upbringing in the El Cajon zone, hanging around and riding with all the legends from that area. Pretty cool. I knew he had a reputation for being somewhat of a rebel/free spirit, who also happened to have tons of talent on a dirt bike. Didn't realize though, the depth of the personal issues he dealt with, most notably the meth addiction and riff between him and Christian. Seems he's now in a good place and his life is somewhat back on track. Definitely seems humble and is repentant of his past mistakes. Hope the trend continues.

As an aside, Brian Lunniss sounds like a tool. Demanding 20% of Mike's winnings when his salary was 3x what Mike was making? Wow! Also, according to Mike, Lunniss' story claiming he didn't know how to read was false. Was impressed Mike took the high road for the most part while debunking it.

|
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
11/24/2021 8:03am
Mike was a good dude who had a lot of crap piled on him.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
11/24/2021 8:25am Edited Date/Time 11/24/2021 8:26am
Listened to it last night , seems mikes in a good place after going through some bad stuff

luniss has come across as a tool on a few podcast incl his own
RMT
11/24/2021 8:32am
Most of the top tuners or mechanics as they are now called are usually grumpy dudes. You know, “get off my yard” kinda dudes.
Ted722
11/24/2021 8:38am
His story about the photo shoot for the ‘91 250 shootout was spine tingling…for the bike!! Smile

Some great stories of the past, but most important story told is today. Hope he stays on track. Seems like a good dude.

The Shop

bultokid
11/24/2021 10:57am
Listened to it traveling this past weekend, top shelf. You always watched Stingray, he had style for days....that era had some unbelievable talent. Cool dude that always had time for the fans. Glad he's beat back the demons and is enjoying life.
RACERX69
11/24/2021 11:46am
I was surprised to hear his comment about the current talent pool, especially Jett Lawrence. Basically said he’s nothing special compared to generations past.
11/24/2021 12:02pm
He was interesting, one thing though i always thought that he didnt have much to do with Christians riding, i thought was the Grandpa or something, but Mike kind of made out like he was involved alot? I think how he has delt with Christian is tuff on him he had a few random jumps to Christian and his kids
cable
11/24/2021 1:11pm
I was at swinks house and seen him do the downhill triple. he was flat, so was brownie. he tried to get me to jump it. no f-ing way. and I was borderline pro at the time. you went down into a gully, jumped straight up and out, and the landing was down hill into trees. they all laughed about people hitting trees. He did put in some long motos on the whooped out sand track. I was suprised at their practice bikes definitely needed work. slipping clutches, blown out slinencers, etc. mechanics were busy with the race bikes.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
11/24/2021 1:53pm
Great podcast, he was a big talent!

Questions: his drug problem was meth? Glad he's over it.

What happened between him and Larry Brooks???

Him getting a factory Yamaha and being teamed with Lunnis was a fail. What could have been?

Glad he was open and honest and forging ahead with a positive outlook.
gerg
11/24/2021 6:46pm
Well Ping, watched the whole interview and changed everything I "thought" I knew about Mike Craig.

Great interview.
11/24/2021 8:12pm
gerg wrote:
Well Ping, watched the whole interview and changed everything I "thought" I knew about Mike Craig.

Great interview.
Me too, when I saw Mike Craig, I thought, not interested. Glad is listen to it.
Insaner708
Fantasy
1255th
11/24/2021 8:54pm
Hope Mike stays on the right path. Seems like he found inspiration in family. Good for him.
ratonmacias
11/25/2021 9:26am
looks like Lunnis didnt help Bradshaw, Craig, Kiedrowski and Huffman at all.
Trickamoto
11/25/2021 9:40am
UpTiTe wrote:
What does this mean? Like he didn’t do anything to screw his life up it’s all somebody else’s fault?

On another note I thought ping Pussed out. Didn’t really get into what the problem has been over these years? We all know about his riding days, how about something fresh?
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
11/25/2021 10:25am Edited Date/Time 11/25/2021 10:25am
UpTiTe wrote:
Trickamoto wrote:
What does this mean? Like he didn’t do anything to screw his life up it’s all somebody else’s fault? On another note I thought ping Pussed...
What does this mean? Like he didn’t do anything to screw his life up it’s all somebody else’s fault?

On another note I thought ping Pussed out. Didn’t really get into what the problem has been over these years? We all know about his riding days, how about something fresh?
I would guess that Ping talks with his guests ahead of time and asks if there are any topics they would prefer to not talk about. Nothing would kill a radio show more than guests avoiding it due to the host blindsiding them on sensitive subjects.
PNWRider
11/25/2021 10:30am
UpTiTe wrote:
Trickamoto wrote:
What does this mean? Like he didn’t do anything to screw his life up it’s all somebody else’s fault? On another note I thought ping Pussed...

If you want the gory details of addiction there’s plenty of places you can find it.

I can save you the trouble-crime, disgusting behavior, loss of one’s morals, and feeling like a slave to the substance…all for the next hit. Since Mike is clean and trying to mend broken relationships, what good would it serve for ping to have him tell every sordid detail (other than satisfying your belief that he should)?
PNWRider
11/25/2021 10:33am
scott_nz wrote:
Listened to it last night , seems mikes in a good place after going through some bad stuff luniss has come across as a tool on...
Listened to it last night , seems mikes in a good place after going through some bad stuff

luniss has come across as a tool on a few podcast incl his own
I heard way too many “I invented that” and/or “that was my idea” statements from Lunnis for me not to start questioning fact vs fiction, or at least embellishment…
ATKpilot99
11/25/2021 10:43am
UpTiTe wrote:
Trickamoto wrote:

Trickamoto
11/25/2021 10:49am
UpTiTe wrote:
Trickamoto wrote:

PNWRider wrote:
If you want the gory details of addiction there’s plenty of places you can find it. I can save you the trouble-crime, disgusting behavior, loss of...
If you want the gory details of addiction there’s plenty of places you can find it.

I can save you the trouble-crime, disgusting behavior, loss of one’s morals, and feeling like a slave to the substance…all for the next hit. Since Mike is clean and trying to mend broken relationships, what good would it serve for ping to have him tell every sordid detail (other than satisfying your belief that he should)?
It’s called life buddy. Why does everything have to be so fucking sugarcoated? This is the only sport I know of where you can’t say anything bad about anybody, nobody knows what the riders make, fuck if this was the NFL, we would know every last detail about Mike Craig.
B Gotti
Fantasy
4205th
11/25/2021 10:53am
Trickamoto wrote:

PNWRider wrote:
If you want the gory details of addiction there’s plenty of places you can find it. I can save you the trouble-crime, disgusting behavior, loss of...

Trickamoto wrote:
It’s called life buddy. Why does everything have to be so fucking sugarcoated? This is the only sport I know of where you can’t say anything...
It’s called life buddy. Why does everything have to be so fucking sugarcoated? This is the only sport I know of where you can’t say anything bad about anybody, nobody knows what the riders make, fuck if this was the NFL, we would know every last detail about Mike Craig.
Don't be a douchbag. These guys owe you nothing.
rohleder644
11/25/2021 10:57am
Trickamoto wrote:
It’s called life buddy. Why does everything have to be so fucking sugarcoated? This is the only sport I know of where you can’t say anything...
Not a lot of people sitting across a table from Ray Lewis asking him about his murder charges. Or Tyreek Hill breaking his kid’s arm.

There’s a big difference between not sugar coating everything, and having some kind of blood lust for the gory details of someone’s troubled past.
PNWRider
11/25/2021 10:59am Edited Date/Time 11/25/2021 11:01am
Trickamoto wrote:

PNWRider wrote:

Trickamoto wrote:
I know plenty about life. I know details that most never imagine exist in their own communities. Nearly 20 years dealing with the worst society has to offer, including watching bullets hit on either side of me, abused and dead children, battered wives and people living in literal cesspools. Plus a whole bunch of other crap humans don’t need to see.

You apparently don’t understand the difference between “sugarcoating” and “respect to the person and their families.”

Go watch TMZ to get your fix.
Sandusky26
11/25/2021 11:24am
Trickamoto wrote:

PNWRider wrote:

Trickamoto wrote:
I’m glad it’s not like the NFL, you don’t need to know every last detail.

11/25/2021 11:36am Edited Date/Time 11/25/2021 11:38am
He seems like a tweaker still to me , full ADHD unless that is fried brain from his past. Great rider from the 90's and glad he found help
Sandusky26
11/25/2021 11:44am
He seems like a tweaker still to me , full ADHD unless that is fried brain from his past. Great rider from the 90's and glad...
He seems like a tweaker still to me , full ADHD unless that is fried brain from his past. Great rider from the 90's and glad he found help
Fuckin A man.
gerg
11/25/2021 12:26pm Edited Date/Time 11/25/2021 12:30pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Trickamoto wrote:

What are you on about?

Ping literally asked him about it at the end!!!
He said he had a drug addiction problem and it messed his life and personal relationships up, has owned it and is clean of drugs and now trying to mend broken relationships.

There was a good 15 minutes on it.

Wtf???
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
11/25/2021 12:55pm
Wonder what beef he had with Larry Brooks, sounded intense and ended up in a fight.
brocster
11/25/2021 2:06pm
Bout 1.5 years ago I was at Pala on a weekday and this dude parks on side of me a few spots down. Had a pretty roached YZF 450 and it was quite obvious the dude had a problem. Bout halfway through the day he comes over for a chat and mentions bad knees and whatnot from years riding and we make small talk about the track. Before he walks off he introduces himself as “Mike” then proceeds to make laps on the vet track. You could tell the dude had skills and style but he wasn’t going very fast. At the end of the day after crouching down in the door of his vehicle to take a couple of rips off of a glass pipe he comes back over to say good by and fun ride and I see a big bad ass watch on his arm and was like hmm, seems like I’ve seen this dude before somewhere.

Fast forward a few weeks I am back at Pala parked in the same place and a vehicle pulls up, stops and same dude gets out to say hello and says he’s there to watch his son, says have a good day and drives off. At that time I figured it out as Christian was practicing that day. It was “Mike” Craig and I was like whoa that dude is having a rough go at life but still remained humble, or maybe embarrassed, enough to not just boast about who he really was.

Just last week I was at Pala again and saw him coaching and I can say he looks and acts as if things are turned around and I hope he can keep it that way as the dude I met the two times before wasn’t a smidge of the Mike Craig of old but more so an aggressively aging man on a bad path.

Good on Mike for owning shit and taking the right steps to get his life back on track.

mx317
11/25/2021 2:34pm
Ramrod wrote:
Wonder what beef he had with Larry Brooks, sounded intense and ended up in a fight.
I heard it was over a woman. I think it was posted on here so you can take it for what it’s worth.

Post a reply to: Mike Craig-Whiskey Throttle Show

The Latest