Mike Alessi's new chapter

David Izer
Edited Date/Time 1/21/2012 12:40pm
Mike gave a very honest and heartfelt interview last night touching on everything from his newly defined relationship with his dad to taking full responsibility for his results this summer. He didn't dodge a single question and spoke freely and openly about the speculation surrounding his season.

I've known Mike for many years and was especially proud after the interview for finally taking control of his own career and not making a single excuse for the past. He is just concentrating on moving forward.
|
PD441
9/2/2010 8:11am
Good for him! I hope he lights it up.
fcr
9/2/2010 8:14am
I didn't hear what was said , but he has talent and can put it together. Hope he does, it is all up to him.
Adam43
9/2/2010 8:46am
Mike is a winner. He'll get it figured out.
Billy Jack
9/2/2010 8:49am
Often times, in the lives that come hitherto and leave nothing but longings for days where the sun casts its lemon flavored light on our souls, man, each man, is faced with a choice. Some, upon facing their dilemma, in a moment of short-sided if not outright emotional plea, let their guard down and throw at their opponents spears of injustice. These are words, intent with nothing but dashing on our souls a darkness that too often precedes man. Intent as we are to capture such disparages of the tongue, we must not forget -- and here is an important thing to understand -- that everyone has moments of indiscretion. We must judge the indiscretions of others in the unwavering light our own. To do anything less, is a discredit to every good deed accomplished under the sun or possessed by the night. This is so because our judgments of one another are no less, and perhaps much more, judgments about ourselves.

Such is the case with Mike Alessi, that golden rider, squirmy as he is fast. With his fans, his dad, and his sponsors, Mike is no less guilty than you or I. If Mike has within himself the fortitude to look past his indiscretions, as we often do ours, then we too must champion our cause with the Alessi's and wish them the best with our only motivation springing forth like a surprised jack in the box, that Mike is not only a gifted rider and an asset to the motocross community, but he is, as men come, a kind person.

The Shop

Sandberm
9/2/2010 9:02am
Is it a good thing that Maya Angelou posts on Vital?
Rooster
9/2/2010 9:10am
Aw shoot, who will we pick on now?

Just kidding, I wish nothing but success for Mike and hope he's found some peace (and speed) with his decisions.
Fender Rodes
9/2/2010 9:11am
Best of luck to Mike. Hopefully he can get back on track and win some motos with his dad taking a backseat.

jeff
downandup
9/2/2010 9:50am
Didn't hear the interview, but I take it that he booted his Dad?
dlowe102
9/2/2010 9:52am
I thought it was cool of him to give props to my local track.
cjmx
Fantasy
1179th
9/2/2010 9:58am
Sandberm wrote:
ha ha. That is funny. Billy Jack aka Maya Angelou
Ddavis
9/2/2010 9:59am
Mike Alessi has great work ethic, self motivation, and personality. I hope he can win a championship before his career his over.
fcr
9/2/2010 9:59am
Sandberm wrote:
cjmx wrote:
ha ha. That is funny. Billy Jack aka Maya Angelou
x2
jaeckle
9/2/2010 10:03am
It was a great interview. Everyone should listen to it. The Roger DeCoster news overshadowed Mikes.. What stood out to me was that he is MX ONLY. His commitment to his girlfriend. The fact that he is only 22. And the fact that at age 22 he is STARTING to become an adult. Most people are adults by age 18/19. Wish the best for Mike and think he is making good decisions and sounds happy for the first time.
dlowe102
9/2/2010 10:11am
jaeckle wrote:
It was a great interview. Everyone should listen to it. The Roger DeCoster news overshadowed Mikes.. What stood out to me was that he is MX...
It was a great interview. Everyone should listen to it. The Roger DeCoster news overshadowed Mikes.. What stood out to me was that he is MX ONLY. His commitment to his girlfriend. The fact that he is only 22. And the fact that at age 22 he is STARTING to become an adult. Most people are adults by age 18/19. Wish the best for Mike and think he is making good decisions and sounds happy for the first time.
I wasnt an adult until around 27....looking back
9/2/2010 10:12am
I've always been a fan of Mikey's. Having said that, the last 2 years his father has led him down a path of destruction. Tony's a father and fathers do what they feel is best for their children and don't give a damned about anything else. well, Mikey's finally awoke and said, WOW, change it now or my career may be done.

Wish Mikey and Jeff all the luck in the World and i pray that Tony lets Mikey take his course and stays hands off. On another note, Where's all that lip flapping about "Team Alessi" being on Yama's next season ??? Mikey made it very clear he plans on statying where he is at currently and very much looks forward to the changes coming @ KTM America. With "The Man" headed to pumpkin country I'd bet Mikey renews a contract asap for the future.
9/2/2010 10:13am
I've always been a fan of Mikey's. Having said that, the last 2 years his father has led him down a path of destruction. Tony's a father and fathers do what they feel is best for their children and don't give a damned about anything else. well, Mikey's finally awoke and said, WOW, change it now or my career may be done.

Wish Mikey and Jeff all the luck in the World and i pray that Tony lets Mikey take his course and stays hands off. On another note, Where's all that lip flapping about "Team Alessi" being on Yama's next season ??? Mikey made it very clear he plans on statying where he is at currently and very much looks forward to the changes coming @ KTM America. With "The Man" headed to pumpkin country I'd bet Mikey renews a contract asap for the future.
9/2/2010 10:16am
Sorry for the dbl post. I was actually previewing my post when it started loading up on it's own. Sorry guy's
BobbyM
9/2/2010 10:36am
David Izer wrote:
Mike gave a very honest and heartfelt interview last night touching on everything from his newly defined relationship with his dad to taking full responsibility for...
Mike gave a very honest and heartfelt interview last night touching on everything from his newly defined relationship with his dad to taking full responsibility for his results this summer. He didn't dodge a single question and spoke freely and openly about the speculation surrounding his season.

I've known Mike for many years and was especially proud after the interview for finally taking control of his own career and not making a single excuse for the past. He is just concentrating on moving forward.
fucking awesome...took him a while to come around. Wink i sure hope he can get back on top and near the front.
BobbyM
9/2/2010 10:38am
jaeckle wrote:
It was a great interview. Everyone should listen to it. The Roger DeCoster news overshadowed Mikes.. What stood out to me was that he is MX...
dlowe102 wrote:
I wasnt an adult until around 27....looking back
i'm still working on it at 50
englishman
9/2/2010 10:44am Edited Date/Time 9/2/2010 10:46am
BobbyM wrote:
i'm still working on it at 50
50 ?? I've seen pictures, you aint a day under 70 ;-) .

Good old Mikey. I've always maintained he's a good lad.
BobbyM
9/2/2010 10:49am
mike not getting holeshots anymore is not right...bike is down on power no doubt.
9/2/2010 10:52am
ok folks be ready mikes finally going to be out from tony i look for great reasults to come from him as he has the dedication much like RC ....
fcr
9/2/2010 10:52am
africanMX wrote:
Check out the interview here

DMXS 1st Sept Allessi, Decoster, etc
Thanks for the link, good interview. He sounds positive, at his age I was coming around with my folks also. Sure made life easier at the time.
9/2/2010 10:53am
David Izer wrote:
Mike gave a very honest and heartfelt interview last night touching on everything from his newly defined relationship with his dad to taking full responsibility for...

BobbyM wrote:
fucking awesome...took him a while to come around. Wink i sure hope he can get back on top and near the front.
Mike mentioned your name BobbyM and a couple others from Vital MX, as being his supporters on here.

I have been a fan of Mike since his mini days at Lorrettas, and havent seen what his dad has done so wrong,maybe im not an insider like some of you guys, but most Dads support there kids , some times they make mistakes or bad choices, im sure that alot of you guys can look back to choices we made as adults and or as kids and said dam i wish i would have done that different.

Congrats Mike on your Podium at Southwick, and good luck at Steel city, and Pala.

ando
9/2/2010 10:54am
Bobby, if your theory is correct then footage of the starts should still show Mike getting off the gate before anyone else, but being overtaken down the straight. Anyone have any start line footage or photo sequences of this?
BobbyM
9/2/2010 10:58am Edited Date/Time 9/2/2010 10:59am
ando wrote:
Bobby, if your theory is correct then footage of the starts should still show Mike getting off the gate before anyone else, but being overtaken down...
Bobby, if your theory is correct then footage of the starts should still show Mike getting off the gate before anyone else, but being overtaken down the straight. Anyone have any start line footage or photo sequences of this?
what came first...the slow scooter or lack of holeshot confidence?
9/2/2010 11:02am
I saw a huge change in Mikey after the GP this year. I think AC dug a deep deep hole in his head and it's taken him quite awhile to get his head screwed back on staright. What's going to be interesting is when Mikey turns it around with "The Man's" help what will BobbyM be saying about that POS KTM as he has called it over and over again?
ky_savage
Fantasy
500th
9/2/2010 11:02am
I really hope he can get back to form and challenge for the title next season.

Post a reply to: Mike Alessi's new chapter

The Latest