Mike Alessi Injured

Related:
Create New Tag

6/28/2018 6:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/28/2018 6:35 PM

Mike who currently sits 6th in the 450 standing suffered a severe shoulder injury while practicing earlier this week and will be out for the remainder of the Rockstar Energy Triple Crown Series. He'll need to be off the bike for 6 to 8 weeks.

Edit: Torn labrum and cracked the top of his humerus bone.

Photo

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

6/28/2018 6:14 PM

Well crap. I was looking forward to seeing him race at Sand Del Lee.

Hope he heals up well.

|

6/28/2018 6:17 PM

Sucks for Mike. Hope the recovery goes well.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

6/28/2018 6:19 PM

Bummer. Respect to the guys who don't stop early, Mike has had an awesome career nmw, and far exceeded many of the so called mini prodigies

|

when in doubt, pin it out

6/28/2018 6:20 PM

I like Mike. But I didn't know that he was still racing, now that I don't get my Alessi weekly anymore. Get well soon Mike.

|

6/28/2018 6:22 PM

He has been awesome and very friendly at The Glade.

Get well soon.

|

In my 60’s and still loving dirt scoots up here in the frozen north.

2021 Husky 501s

6/28/2018 6:37 PM

Mr. CrossUp wrote:

I like Mike. But I didn't know that he was still racing, now that I don't get my Alessi weekly anymore. Get well soon Mike.

I believe he'll be back up in Canada next year.

|

6/28/2018 6:39 PM

Mr. CrossUp wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Sure hope so, like seeing him still out there.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

6/28/2018 6:51 PM

Damn, that sucks. My all time favorite racer. Heal up 800!!!

|

6/28/2018 6:57 PM

Heal up soon Mike. Remember... It's only pain.

|

6/28/2018 7:11 PM

Mr. CrossUp wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I'd bet hes done now. Serious injury and hes getting older. Hopefully he'll continue to show up for some random races

|

6/28/2018 7:22 PM

Mr. CrossUp wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

colintrax wrote:

I'd bet hes done now. Serious injury and hes getting older. Hopefully he'll continue to show up for some random races

I think he's contracted for another year. There's no doubt he loves moto and if he decides to call it quits he could do a great job in the booth.

I think it's last year at one of the rounds his bike quit on him and instead of heading back to the pits/trailer he walked straight to the announcers booth, put a headset on and joined them. I thought it was pretty cool.

|

6/28/2018 11:34 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

colintrax wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I think he's contracted for another year. There's no doubt he loves moto and if he decides to call it quits he could do a ...more

Ya he was good at the usgp last year

|

6/29/2018 1:32 AM

Mike who?

|

6/29/2018 3:31 AM

CalimeroFan wrote:

Mike who?

Marc who?
Photo

|

6/29/2018 3:32 AM

SON OF A WHORE!

That's horrible news!

|

6/29/2018 4:10 AM

By Grabtgar's Hammer I'll avenge you Mike ! !

Heal up quickly !!

|

6/29/2018 5:03 AM

He will be a solid announcer whenever he does retire

|

6/29/2018 7:16 AM

To be clear....I am a big Mike Alessi fan. However, the wording of the announcement seems over dramatic. Written like he would never ride again....

|

6/29/2018 7:45 AM

cloverdale wrote:

To be clear....I am a big Mike Alessi fan. However, the wording of the announcement seems over dramatic. Written like he would ...more

Exactly what I was thinking. It's pretty common to fracture your humerus when you pop your shoulder out. Or at least it happened to me, so I figured it was common.

|

6/29/2018 7:47 AM

Bankhart surgery with anchors and a few months out. Usually they feel stronger than new

|

6/29/2018 7:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/29/2018 7:50 AM

What a shame. I sure missed seeing him at the Nationals over the past few years. Has to be getting close to retirement and when he does I hope he lands in the booth, he is a natural behind the mic

|

6/29/2018 7:52 AM

KMC440 wrote:

By Grabtgar's Hammer I'll avenge you Mike ! !

Heal up quickly !!

now that’s an obscure movie reference.... very under rated movie I think! I quote this movie all the time and no one gets it.... get well soon mike!

Photo

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

6/29/2018 8:24 AM

Drtbykr wrote:

He has been awesome and very friendly at The Glade.

Get well soon.

As I understand it, the Alessi's are some of the most approachable people in the pits. Super nice people. Tony included.

|

6/29/2018 8:31 AM

Get well soon Mike!!

|

6/29/2018 9:36 AM

I thought mike retired...dang I'm out of it.
No 2 week Miracle recovery like how did with his knee?
Good luck mike!

|