Mike Alessi IN at MCR starting in Atlanta

Related:
Create New Tag

2/21/2019 12:35 PM

Per Matthes, It sounds like Mike will be back with the MCR team starting in Atlanta. I have a lot of respect for what those guys, Mike, Tony, and their whole crew are doing. It seems like Tony has really come around and is a good team manager. That said, am I wrong for rolling my eyes a tad when I hear that Tony "wants a top 10 guy" to replace Vince..and it ends up being Mike?

|

Here's to feeling good all the time

2/21/2019 12:49 PM

What happened to Vince?

|

2/21/2019 12:50 PM

SIMX2 wrote:

What happened to Vince?

ACL injury in qualifying, I believe...

|

2/21/2019 12:52 PM

Thanks! I just looked it up, didn't realize he went down in Texas.

|

2/21/2019 1:00 PM

The best rider available and sitting on the couch at the moment is Josh Grant but MCR take Mike Alessi. I guess the universe really did get him in the end.

|

2/21/2019 1:02 PM

haydos25 wrote:

The best rider available and sitting on the couch at the moment is Josh Grant but MCR take Mike Alessi. I guess the universe really did get him in the end.

No way in the world the Alessi's will work with Grant (and probably visa versa)...

Grant likely cost Mike his best shot at a national title when he took him out and busted up his knee.

|

2/21/2019 1:02 PM

haydos25 wrote:

As much as I would have loved to see JG on the MCR Honda, there was no way in hell it was going to happen!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

2/21/2019 1:07 PM

Titan1 wrote:

No way in the world the Alessi's will work with Grant (and probably visa versa)...

Grant likely cost Mike his best shot at a national title when he took him out and busted up his knee.

Yep, basically what i was getting at. Kinda ironic that 10 years later Grant could potentially have secured the fill in ride he wanted, but the universe got in the way just like Tony said it would.

Best of luck to Mike though. Top 10 probably isn't realistic for him though. Has he been riding supercross much? His form in Canada hasn't really been the Alessi we all remember.

|

2/21/2019 1:11 PM

Should have given a fill in to an up and comer like Carlen gardener or someone else who’s riding privateer Honda’s. An upgrade in machinery puts guys like that in the main more often then not.

|

2/21/2019 1:13 PM

Should be an automatic holeshot.

|

2/21/2019 1:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/21/2019 1:18 PM

well he'll be able to give bowers some lessons!!!w00t w00t

|

2/21/2019 1:19 PM

nick610s wrote:

Should have given a fill in to an up and comer like Carlen gardener or someone else who’s riding privateer Honda’s. An upgrade in machinery puts guys like that in the main more often then not.

Gardner is riding for the BWR team.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

2/21/2019 1:36 PM

haydos25 wrote:

JS7 is available, if they have the factory ecu.

|

2/21/2019 1:38 PM

Bummer year for the team. Stewart looked so promising.

|

2/21/2019 1:39 PM

haydos25 wrote:

sbarrington314 wrote:

he will start at daytona.

|

2/21/2019 1:42 PM

grant is done. maybe him and bubba can use a bullfrog spa together.

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

2/21/2019 2:02 PM

haydos25 wrote:

Titan1 wrote:

Not true, Mike's knee was blown out before the Grant incident. They were trying to salvage some points in the hope Mike could recover and win the title.

|

2/21/2019 2:06 PM

friday10 wrote:

Not true, Mike's knee was blown out before the Grant incident. They were trying to salvage some points in the hope Mike could recover and win the title.

Yep then Grant torpedoed him and ended any chances.

Grant, although fucking awesome to watch ride, has always come across like a giant D bag to me.

|

2/21/2019 2:08 PM

Awesome to hear, Mike should having no problem getting in the main. Interesting to see where his pace will be.

|

2/21/2019 2:38 PM

haydos25 wrote:

Titan1 wrote:

friday10 wrote:

JG shattered Mike's knee in like 2010??

He had just come back from a blown out knee when grant punted him... its in the series of Inside the great outdoors...

|

2/21/2019 2:38 PM

wreckitrandy wrote:

Then spend the rest of the race looking over his shoulder trying to block anyone who tries to get by....

|

2/21/2019 3:02 PM

Titan1 wrote:

friday10 wrote:

TSCHAM101 wrote:

He had just come back from a blown out knee when grant punted him... its in the series of Inside the great outdoors...

https://www.crash.net/moto-x/news/148107/1/ama-motocross-leader-mike-alessi-injured
Mike blew out his knee 1 week before the Grant incident.

|

2/21/2019 3:08 PM

wreckitrandy wrote:

45ACP wrote:

Then spend the rest of the race looking over his shoulder trying to block anyone who tries to get by....

RC wont let it go and will miss calling half of the race.

|

2/21/2019 3:11 PM

friday10 wrote:

TSCHAM101 wrote:

friday10 wrote:

https://www.crash.net/moto-x/news/148107/1/ama-motocross-leader-mike-alessi-injured

...and then he zeroed in on that knee right off the bat in the next race.

|

2/21/2019 4:27 PM

TSCHAM101 wrote:

friday10 wrote:

davis224 wrote:

...and then he zeroed in on that knee right off the bat in the next race.

Yep, this leading to complete secrecy regarding injuries, with only the involved parties and the aid of Navajo code talkers and the cone of silence.

|

2/21/2019 4:39 PM

Now for the real question. What will his pulp handicap be?

|

2/21/2019 5:12 PM

I'd have to guess MCR is still paying out for injured riders so funds are limited. Mike is available and affordable. I'm a fan so I hope he stays healthy and has some fun.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

2/21/2019 5:16 PM

A main event holeshot would be sweet.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

2/21/2019 5:57 PM

haydos25 wrote:

sbarrington314 wrote:

Underrated comment.

|

2/21/2019 5:58 PM

plowboy wrote:

I'd have to guess MCR is still paying out for injured riders so funds are limited. Mike is available and affordable. I'm a fan so I hope he stays healthy and has some fun.

Their riders get minimal salary but huge bonus money, so they wont owe much at all.

|