Mike Alessi -Hit And Run

agn5009
7/13/2020 10:29am
Anyone know if they caught the jerk yet?
hamncheeze
7/13/2020 10:30am
mx1313 wrote:
At least 3 of you are complete douchebags with assumptions. I'm a diehard conservative...I have never owned a fucking sack of shit HD, I positively complain...
At least 3 of you are complete douchebags with assumptions. I'm a diehard conservative...I have never owned a fucking sack of shit HD, I positively complain about high taxes and the fucktards my money goes to support...I know a thing or two about taxes (I'm a CPA)...lifetime NRA member and by the looks of things, many of you are too fucking stupid to own a gun...you can have all the freedom you want, but it comes with a BIG price tag...Cali is a completely bankrupt shit hole from top to bottom (beautiful state ruined by politicians you numbnuts elected who are too stupid to operate a revolving door)...AND if you operate a bike on public roads designed for cars/trucks/motorcycles in this day and age, with everyone driving distracted, I think you should have your fucking head examined before it spills out whatever few brains you have left on the side of the road someday.

Ride a MTB.
Double down. Always works out well.
Chance1216
7/13/2020 10:40am Edited Date/Time 7/13/2020 10:42am
mx1313 wrote:
At least 3 of you are complete douchebags with assumptions. I'm a diehard conservative...I have never owned a fucking sack of shit HD, I positively complain...
At least 3 of you are complete douchebags with assumptions. I'm a diehard conservative...I have never owned a fucking sack of shit HD, I positively complain about high taxes and the fucktards my money goes to support...I know a thing or two about taxes (I'm a CPA)...lifetime NRA member and by the looks of things, many of you are too fucking stupid to own a gun...you can have all the freedom you want, but it comes with a BIG price tag...Cali is a completely bankrupt shit hole from top to bottom (beautiful state ruined by politicians you numbnuts elected who are too stupid to operate a revolving door)...AND if you operate a bike on public roads designed for cars/trucks/motorcycles in this day and age, with everyone driving distracted, I think you should have your fucking head examined before it spills out whatever few brains you have left on the side of the road someday.

Ride a MTB.
Oh look, it’s that guy again...
hamncheeze
7/13/2020 10:51am Edited Date/Time 7/13/2020 10:52am
Boomslang wrote:
There are road cyclists that are genuine arseholes and piss drivers off. I've had an altercation with one in the past and it left me angry...
There are road cyclists that are genuine arseholes and piss drivers off. I've had an altercation with one in the past and it left me angry with the whole cycling community for a bit but eventually I got over it.

Cyclists and motorists need to respect each other more.

Your last sentence is very true. As I've said before on here, my post moto "career" was over 20 years of bicycle racing, I was racing well into my 40s still at a high level when I finally stopped 9 years ago. I'm close to 500K km lifetime ridden so I've seen just about everything one can see while road riding. The advent of the smart phone has made cycling much more dangerous, there's no doubt about that. Also, as population has grown across North America, roads have become more crowded and drivers' general patience levels have reduced. This has not helped cyclists either.

HOWEVER, I cannot sit back and say that only drivers are the problems. There are also classes of cyclists who are total assholes. Many urban cyclists in larger cities have pretty much zero respect for any traffic laws. Blowing stoplights and stop signs, riding the wrong way into traffic, hopping up onto sidewalks, squeezing up alongside cars to go the front at stop lights, etc, etc etc. I don't live in the Vancouver shithole, so I don't have to ride in it, but any time I am in the big city for any reason I am appalled by the cycling behaviours. Luckily, I am able to roll out and be on rural-ish roads in about 5 minutes. Over the years, some of my routes have become more busy and I've adopted my riding habits accordingly. I've had a fundamental change myself, I used to often go out and almost be looking for conflict some days. That was totally on me. Now, I go out and I am more focused on friendly waves and acknowledgements to drivers who are respectful to me.

Another class of cyclists that are tremendously disrespectful are the mid-life Strava warrior group ride cyclists. Not be an elitist prick, but this class of riders is generally guys in their 30s and 40s who have never pinned a number on and ridden a real race, but live their lives like they are on a World Tour team to go out and do group rides. These group rides are inherently dangerous to begin with due to high crash probability (kind of like Rockstar Husky at GH Thursday for a moto analogy). But many of them are absolutely horrendous with road etiquette. Guys riding all over the road, crossing the centre line, blowing stop signs as a group, etc. Some of these groups in my area have definitely contributed to increased driver hostility, and in conversations I've had with friends all over N America this is for sure a common issue. These days I ride solo or with 1-2 buddies, we are all ex-racers and we've paid our dues and we are not going to ride with a big group that is stupidly dangerous.

Anyway, I'm dragging on here but for sure both cyclists and drivers have to be more respectful of each other. It goes both ways, and unfortunately I do see far too many entitled cyclists these days.

The Shop

EngIceDave
7/13/2020 10:58am
A street by my home is a very popular cycling road, even used when they have races or organized long distance rides.

I've seen all kinds, from the respectful riders who hold their lines tight, to assholes who get all pissed off trying to wave you around in an angry manner, even though it's blind to the driver.
Bret
7/13/2020 11:47am
mx1313 wrote:
Well, that escalated quickly. Oh, I see you're from Cali...just because you and your boyfriend are having problems, don't project your anger onto others. I know...
Well, that escalated quickly. Oh, I see you're from Cali...just because you and your boyfriend are having problems, don't project your anger onto others. I know what you California "Bois" like to do.

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/13/2020 1:08pm
mx1313 wrote:

Ride a MTB.
You can add ex-poster to your list of accomplishments.

Thank you for visiting Vital MX.
EngIceDave
7/13/2020 1:50pm
GuyB wrote:
You can add ex-poster to your list of accomplishments.

Thank you for visiting Vital MX.
Aw, man, he might have been a fun play toy

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/13/2020 1:52pm
EngIceDave wrote:
Aw, man, he might have been a fun play toy [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/07/13/437601/s1200_182741_MAIN._AC_SL1500_V1563470301.jpg[/img]
Aw, man, he might have been a fun play toy

Nope.
Infamous
Fantasy
2493rd
7/13/2020 2:43pm
Boomslang wrote:
There are road cyclists that are genuine arseholes and piss drivers off. I've had an altercation with one in the past and it left me angry...
There are road cyclists that are genuine arseholes and piss drivers off. I've had an altercation with one in the past and it left me angry with the whole cycling community for a bit but eventually I got over it.

Cyclists and motorists need to respect each other more.

One could say it's a two way street Silly
OLDMOTO
7/13/2020 7:08pm
I just finished my Monday road bike ride. I was thinking of Mike. I'm always a defensive rider and stay very aware of my environment. But still it made me think. It could happen so easily.
CM_84
7/13/2020 7:31pm
A lot of road cyclists think they own the road, and used to frustrate me a lot, then i started commuting to work a couple of times a week on a bike, and my attitude changed a lot.

Lots of cyclists do stupid things, and ride so far out from the curb, but just like everything in life, there are arseholes on both sides, so many people in cars also dont give the cyclists any space when it is so easy for them to do so.

Moral of the story, If you ride a bike on the road, stay safe and be considerate of other road users, if you are driving a car, stay safe and be considerate of other road users....it's really not that hard.

And to snowflakes like MX1313, given how fat and overweight most of the western world is these days, we should be encouraging more people to get out and exercise more often, if you get so triggered because sometimes as a car driver you have to shift across one foot in your lane to give someone else some space, you probably have some other issues that need focusing on.

7/13/2020 7:53pm
For Mike,s road rash, use bag balm. Sold at Walgreens and some other fine stores in your neighborhood. It,s sold in a square tin can, green color, est 1899. Primary use is for a cows teats, but for human use also. It is the best for healing rd rash or cuts. It,s like having an extra hand on the farm, now that,s handy.Smile Hv to use a 1950,s voice. Add from the square tin. And hire a PI, to handle the investigation. The process can totally drain you
RalphS
7/14/2020 12:17am
This 'rona stay at home thing is driving some peep crazy
JeremyK
7/14/2020 5:18am
CM_84 wrote:
A lot of road cyclists think they own the road, and used to frustrate me a lot, then i started commuting to work a couple of...
A lot of road cyclists think they own the road, and used to frustrate me a lot, then i started commuting to work a couple of times a week on a bike, and my attitude changed a lot.

Lots of cyclists do stupid things, and ride so far out from the curb, but just like everything in life, there are arseholes on both sides, so many people in cars also dont give the cyclists any space when it is so easy for them to do so.

Moral of the story, If you ride a bike on the road, stay safe and be considerate of other road users, if you are driving a car, stay safe and be considerate of other road users....it's really not that hard.

And to snowflakes like MX1313, given how fat and overweight most of the western world is these days, we should be encouraging more people to get out and exercise more often, if you get so triggered because sometimes as a car driver you have to shift across one foot in your lane to give someone else some space, you probably have some other issues that need focusing on.

They still drive me nuts ,I dont understand the need to.ride in the middle of a lane and obviously go slower then traffic. I also dont understand the tight clothes ,you're trying to get excersise ,the wind resistance will make you work harder.
7/14/2020 5:59am Edited Date/Time 7/14/2020 5:59am
Been on group rides where some cyclist are total dicks. Won’t move. Take the entire lane just because. Like they’re asking for it.

Also been on group rides where an elderly guy lays on his horn in frustration when he can’t safely get around the pace line.

Too dangerous anymore.
sandtrack315
7/14/2020 7:50am
I ride alone, on rural farm roads, and as tight to the right as I can. I don't get the group rides. I ride road bikes to get away from things, meditate, and tune up the blood pumping machine for motocross, not to stay at someone's butt for 2 hours while they chat my ear off.

I love riding bikes, it takes 2 hours of the day (as apposed to 5-6 riding moto) and I can get 2 hours of physical activity, but it does scare the shit out of me that it is possible to get hit by a car, even in rural PA. I tried mountain biking, but it's rocky as hell here and it's just not that great of a work out compared to a suffer fest on a road bike.

Anyways, I am glad MA is recovering safely. I think one of the major "solutions" is for everyone to upload their safest routes (i.e., roads with lower speed limits, large shoulders, and less traffic) to places like ridewithgps.com.
sandtrack315
7/14/2020 7:51am
JeremyK wrote:
They still drive me nuts ,I dont understand the need to.ride in the middle of a lane and obviously go slower then traffic. I also dont...
They still drive me nuts ,I dont understand the need to.ride in the middle of a lane and obviously go slower then traffic. I also dont understand the tight clothes ,you're trying to get excersise ,the wind resistance will make you work harder.
This might be a new concept for you, but, hear me out...going faster is more fun.
Gworm
7/14/2020 8:43am
mx1313 wrote:

Ride a MTB.
Holy virtue signaling.

California is bankrupt? Really?
Bankrupt is the wrong word, I don’t think a state can file bankruptcy. But as I understand it CA is insolvent, which is basically the same.

I could be wrong, though.
Gworm
7/14/2020 8:46am
Also, as with every else here, I’m very happy that Mike was not hurt any worse than he was. Tough and lucky is a good combination.
7/14/2020 8:51am
mx1313 wrote:

Ride a MTB.
Holy virtue signaling.

Gworm wrote:
Bankrupt is the wrong word, I don’t think a state can file bankruptcy. But as I understand it CA is insolvent, which is basically the same...
Bankrupt is the wrong word, I don’t think a state can file bankruptcy. But as I understand it CA is insolvent, which is basically the same.

Our entire country has $22+ trillion in debt. California has the biggest GDP in the county. It's a punching bag because many users here don't agree with their politics—but it's disingenuous to act like it's comparatively doing poorly financially.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
7/14/2020 8:59am
mx1313 wrote:

Ride a MTB.
Oh boy...
you feel better now ?
121ANM
7/14/2020 10:19am
Boomslang wrote:
Not that it'll help to prevent such hit n runs but it should be law that all cyclists has a helmet with a functional GoPro attached...
Not that it'll help to prevent such hit n runs but it should be law that all cyclists has a helmet with a functional GoPro attached to the helmet facing backwards....recording.

Once drivers pickup that their every move is potentially recorded and can/will be used as evidence they just may start giving the cyclists a wide berth when passing.

Just a thought.

Happy to hear that MA dodged a bullet but still pissed about NH.
I’m gonna get a jersey that says “smile! You’re on camera!” On the back lol
CM_84
7/14/2020 1:57pm
CM_84 wrote:
A lot of road cyclists think they own the road, and used to frustrate me a lot, then i started commuting to work a couple of...

JeremyK wrote:
They still drive me nuts ,I dont understand the need to.ride in the middle of a lane and obviously go slower then traffic. I also dont...
Surely a bunch of motocrossers can understand the desire to have what is not absolutely needed.
Every cyclist has different motivations, but they are probably trying to achieve certain times or average speeds.
Sure more drag makes the work out a bit harder, but does that mean they should wear a back pack full of bricks too?
Also, like any sport fashion plays a role, I personally think a pair of baggy shorts and a big t shirt looks stupid on a nice road bike.
Cyclists are influenced by the pros, just like we are.

hamncheeze
7/14/2020 6:13pm
121ANM wrote:
I’m gonna get a jersey that says “smile! You’re on camera!” On the back lol
There is a combo camera/tail light for cycling, the brand is Cycliq. I've never used it but know a couple of law enforcement cyclists who don't ride without it.
7/14/2020 7:59pm
RalphS wrote:
This 'rona stay at home thing is driving some peep crazy
No try working oct to June trucking, Made it out of nj By Staten Island alive. For 10 yrs ave real # of truckers killed most by another truck is aprox 2,000 or more. Oil field, agriculture drivers do not count. Another 900 if oil field has work. Logging drivers, etc do not count either. Not sure why the gov. Does not count there lives. not a boss at the biggest pipeline co with 16 div anymore. Traveling is very dangerous now, people on there phones, doing all diff kind of drugs, heavy medication- having panic and rage episodes, etc. but they all have to be passing to get in front or sit next to the tandems on the trailer- very stupid. Like the car ld going east, truck blows a trl tire. The car cut sharp across 2 lanes and smacked the concrete wall. I blew a tire on a tanker in Chicago, it went threw the fender and 80 ft into the air. The gater was flipping 360, cars where changing lanes and smoking there tires, trying to avoid death. Blown tire can easily smash your window and rip your head off your body. That is why we try to change lanes , usually get cut off tho. To give ya room when your broke down on the shoulder. plus who wants that rush of wind rocken your vehicle repeatedly. I blew 3 tires on containers in 1 day, all separate trailers. 3 Chicago railyard trucks also in 1 day, all beaten to hell,
OLDMOTO
7/14/2020 8:31pm
mx1313 wrote:

Ride a MTB.
Holy virtue signaling.

Gworm wrote:
Bankrupt is the wrong word, I don’t think a state can file bankruptcy. But as I understand it CA is insolvent, which is basically the same...

I beleive the California state economy is one of the largest in the world let alone the US. Larger than most nations. We pay for much of the United States with our taxes.
RalphS
7/14/2020 9:11pm
Come here to check if they caught the piece of shit that hit Mike, find a bunch of homeschooled guys discussing CA's budget. Lemme chime in.

Keep it going kids, you're damn right politicians in CA are hypocrite bitches but nonetheless the State alone is a top 10 worldwide economy.

FYI, as long as CA keeps bringing the world's cream of the crop in tech, science, money, etc this won't change. It sucks for us mere mortals that can't afford shit and move somewhere else but it's a matter of facts.

Post a reply to: Mike Alessi -Hit And Run

The Latest