Might be the most perfect piece of riding I've ever seen. If it's already been posted...watch it again.

Stephon
7/26/2015 2:56am
r.sal923 wrote:
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/video-mike-hopkins-theres-no-place-like-loam-2015.html
c_dub wrote:
Good lord! One could argue that vid is even better than the Semenuk vid. (notwithstanding the poorer resolution youtube version I posted)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKkzxm16ibo[/youtube]
Geez, just amazing!

I'd be looking for bears n shit. I couldn't focus on riding. I'd like to see the b-roll for both of those shoots. Some of those overhead, sorta tracking look like they came from a drone maybe, but then I think of the tight trees. The cinematic creativity was certainly on display on both pieces.
7/26/2015 3:40am
Whats really mindblowing is that its a first take, he only wanted to go one time as hes riding with an injury.. Crazy
Clutchy
7/26/2015 6:31am
Jefro98 wrote:
I scrolled through the first minute but after that it got really cool.
Thanks for posting.
Stephon wrote:
Funny enough, I really appreciated the cinematography of that first minute. I notice that he already had his goggles around his neck, (yeah, a sponsor plug...
Funny enough, I really appreciated the cinematography of that first minute. I notice that he already had his goggles around his neck, (yeah, a sponsor plug, but I liked it), driving a dated, American truck, with a jacked up door, no seat belt, bike not strapped in, tape on one wrist, skinny cut pants and not "gear", feet not clipped in, he might've had knee braces and a some sorta chest protector, not sure. For me, it gave subtle insight into who he is and right as I had enough of that...that classic song entered.
DUDE.... You have issues. I like it.

The Shop

7/26/2015 8:01am
Side on with mountains in background first part reminded me of Mad Skills Tongue Such a mint video, every aspect of it is sooo clean Cool
tprice07
7/28/2015 5:19am
Jefro98 wrote:
I scrolled through the first minute but after that it got really cool.
Thanks for posting.
Stephon wrote:
Funny enough, I really appreciated the cinematography of that first minute. I notice that he already had his goggles around his neck, (yeah, a sponsor plug...
Funny enough, I really appreciated the cinematography of that first minute. I notice that he already had his goggles around his neck, (yeah, a sponsor plug, but I liked it), driving a dated, American truck, with a jacked up door, no seat belt, bike not strapped in, tape on one wrist, skinny cut pants and not "gear", feet not clipped in, he might've had knee braces and a some sorta chest protector, not sure. For me, it gave subtle insight into who he is and right as I had enough of that...that classic song entered.
Kind of reminds me of how I used to ride. Just throw on helmet, boots and knee braces. Go out and just ride casually having a blast

7/28/2015 7:17am
1:18 seconds of nonsense before he even starts riding his bike. WTF video editors? Great skills though.
peelout
7/28/2015 8:39am
so rad

i was on a night ride last week and one of the guys riding with us asked if i had watched "Unreal" yet. i hadn't but i'm going to tonight after watching this clip. thanks for sharing
peelout
7/29/2015 9:01am Edited Date/Time 7/29/2015 9:02am
bought this on Google Play last night and watched it in HD on the 60", man, the entire video was amazing.

the perfect dirt loam falling from the sky like snow was fucking genius! "This is really happening!!!" haha such a great film. very very impressed with the art direction and camera work

Post a reply to: Might be the most perfect piece of riding I've ever seen. If it's already been posted...watch it again.

The Latest