Midwest moto trip

Related:
Create New Tag

11/25/2020 4:14 AM

Since COVID is throwing a wrench in Thanksgiving plans, we decided to do a thanksgiving moto trip on short notice. We are coming from southern Mn and I’d like to keep the drive short-ish. Any tracks open in Missouri, Illinois, Indiana this weekend? I was looking at archview or Lincoln trail so far. A good sand track would be awesome! Suggestions?

|

11/25/2020 4:23 AM

pcm_918 wrote:

Since COVID is throwing a wrench in Thanksgiving plans, we decided to do a thanksgiving moto trip on short notice. We are coming from southern Mn and I’d like to keep the drive short-ish. Any tracks open in Missouri, Illinois, Indiana this weekend? I was looking at archview or Lincoln trail so far. A good sand track would be awesome! Suggestions?

Leisure time mx in Medaryville, IN is planning is running. It is the definition of a good sand track. I’m planning on heading out there.

|

11/25/2020 4:31 AM

pcm_918 wrote:

cloud41 wrote:

Leisure time mx in Medaryville, IN is planning is running. It is the definition of a good sand track. I’m planning on heading out there.

Leisure time is legit if you’re looking for sand.

|

11/25/2020 5:11 AM

Sweet 16 MX in Oklahoma is riding Fri-Sun. They're only open like twice a year typically, so when it's good, it's good! Also there's an offroad race about an hour from there in Fort Smith Arkansas Sunday that is always a blast

|

2003 CR250R - 2006 KX250 (freessshhhh)

11/25/2020 5:13 AM

pcm_918 wrote:

cloud41 wrote:

Agree. We are heading there Sunday most likely.

|

11/25/2020 5:26 AM

LTM in Casey IL is a great option. But the weather doesn't look good for riding here.It's supposed to rain all day today. Next couple days look ok but not sure how much it will dry out. Follow LTM on FB.

|

11/25/2020 6:20 AM

Archview is set to be open for practice on Friday and Saturday. Weather over here has been rainy and cool for a few days, but that part of the weekend should be okay.

|

11/25/2020 10:13 AM

Dude.. Friday, Logan, Ohio. Kilbarger's track aka Wild Wilderness. 20 bucks...

|

11/25/2020 11:24 AM

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Keep them coming.

|

11/25/2020 12:06 PM

Archview just updated their dates -- now Sat/Sun, full prep. Great track and excellent dirt.

|

11/25/2020 12:07 PM

I don't know of anywhere to find any information other than Facebook, but there's a new track opening to the public the day after thanksgiving in Hutsonville, IL. Big River Off-Road I think they've named it. Looks like they have a sand based MX track and a few different off-road loops.

|

11/25/2020 12:23 PM

With all te rain it looks like all the tracks in Illinois and leisure time are gonna be rained out. Leisure time and Lincoln trail are a maybe for Sat and Sunday.

|

11/25/2020 5:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/25/2020 5:55 PM

yzf162 wrote:

With all te rain it looks like all the tracks in Illinois and leisure time are gonna be rained out. Leisure time and Lincoln trail are a maybe for Sat and Sunday.

It stopped raining for the rest of the week at Leisure Time this afternoon, and they are prepping the track tomorrow. Thursday and Friday should be great, then maybe Lincoln Trail or Archview Saturday or Sunday. That would be a pretty epic and diverse moto trip!

|

11/25/2020 6:18 PM

It was raining when i drove past the town 45 minutes ago. Yeah if the rain holds off tomorrow it should be great for Friday.

|

11/25/2020 6:24 PM

MC Motopark in Mt. Carroll, IL posted on their Facebook they might be riding Saturday. Hands down one of the best tracks in the mid west.

|

11/25/2020 7:03 PM

Mt Carroll would be fantastic. Been itching to get back.

|

11/25/2020 7:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/25/2020 7:53 PM

Western Illinois. Come to Sandy Oaks in Keithsburg, IL. Bob Hannah says it’s the hardest sand track he’s ever rode. It will wear you out in a hurry. Plus they have camping and only $5 a day to ride. We will be there Saturday. With the rain we just had the same will be premium condition! I’d guess most dirt places will be closed.

Also, Midwest Motocross by Chandlerville, IL is real fun sand track but I’d have to check their Facebook they may be closed until the new year due to hunting.

|

2015 Husqvarna FE501s
2020 KTM 250xc
2019 Yamaha YZ250F

11/25/2020 11:14 PM

If you're okay with a little bit further drive, I know Jandebeurs in Oklahoma is open. I have heard really good things about the facility. Lots of different skill level tracks.

|