Mid Ohio vintage race July 6-8 2018???

Related:
Create New Tag

6/4/2018 9:00 PM

Who's got details? Best ways to do things? Pros and Cons? Any thoughts would be great. Thanks

|

6/4/2018 9:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/4/2018 9:30 PM

Its awesome! Me and my family and friends familys been going there for years. Racing all day fri sat and sun on the road coarse, vintage mx track, they got hare scramble enduros, trials in the woods. Wall of death which is the kids favorite, and a HUGE outdoor swap meet. Demo rides on mx bikes and street bikes (bring a helmet). We stay in the vendors area but there is a camping area too. Your best bet is to go into the "overflow parking area" and you can setup camp for free. Just come in main gate and turn right before the swap meet.

|

6/4/2018 11:35 PM

|

6/5/2018 1:13 AM

Ill likely be out there. My buddy and his gf cook food there. Best tip is get a pit bike to ride around.

|

6/5/2018 5:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/5/2018 5:16 AM

The event is one of biggest motorcycle events in country except for Bike week and Sturgis. The idea of racing mx trials hare scramble flat track and bikes on national road course in one weekend only half of fun. Estimated 30,000 to 40,000 street bikes roll in over weekend to watch guys race. The swap meet biggest in country and of course there tends to be a little after hours activities that tend to happen like only a bunch of weekend racers can pull off.

The mx racing side is killer and AMA has added several non-current classes which are actually late 80’s to mid-90s bikes. Those classes are big gates with bikes most of us still have in garage.

Check event out you won’t be disappointed. And sign up to race!!

Photo

https://m.

|

6/5/2018 12:55 PM

Have a friend that told me all about it, and showed a ton of pic's from the event. He and his wife describe it as Heaven for folks like us. I'm going...and hope to meet some of ya'll.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

6/5/2018 3:52 PM

If everything goes to plan, I'll be racing my 96' there. Photo

|

6/5/2018 4:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/5/2018 4:52 PM

I have been going for at least 12 years-my favorite event of the year and I wish it lasted a week instead of 3 days. To what was said earlier - you need to have a pitbike! It can be a anything with 2 wheels and a motor really but I would stay away from a moped. They actually do not allow you to ride a mountain bike, bike, etc so not sure on pedals at all.

I take a 72 Suzuki TC125 there and every year put over 60 miles on it and I never leave the place-it is just that big and you can go to all sides of the road track. Walking would really be difficult and every year all the people doing it wish they had a pitbike.

Depending on your choice all the racing is fun. MX isn't the best track I have ridden but great simply because of the turnout. I have raced for the last 8 years and just have a ball.

It can get a bit loud at night depending on where your are. Stay away from the area in the large field along the trees way to the right of the MX track as you go in if you want to sleep. There is always disco//music blasting late along with a burnout pad that gets hundreds of bike of all kinds. Cool to see but I don't want to be anywhere near it. There is a family section if you want safe.

If you live in Columbus you need to go even for a day. The day to go depends on what you want to see. Sunday is great because of the MX classes but people do start leaving pretty quick. Saturday is the most lively I would say. I go Thursday and stay until Sunday just because I like it so much. There is however nothing better than being at the swapmeet at 0630 on Friday morning before it gets picked.

|

6/5/2018 6:02 PM

kb228 wrote:

Ill likely be out there. My buddy and his gf cook food there. Best tip is get a pit bike to ride around.

Gotta have a good reliable pit bike to get around. I crossed it off my bucket list in 2008. Watch out for the Amish people traveling in their horse and buggies on the roads around there.

|

6/5/2018 6:37 PM

Honda88L wrote:

I have been going for at least 12 years-my favorite event of the year and I wish it lasted a week instead of 3 days. To what was said earlier - you need to have a pitbike! It can be a anything with 2 wheels and a motor really but I would stay away from a moped. They actually do not allow you to ride a mountain bike, bike, etc so not sure on pedals at all.

I take a 72 Suzuki TC125 there and every year put over 60 miles on it and I never leave the place-it is just that big and you can go to all sides of the road track. Walking would really be difficult and every year all the people doing it wish they had a pitbike.

Depending on your choice all the racing is fun. MX isn't the best track I have ridden but great simply because of the turnout. I have raced for the last 8 years and just have a ball.

It can get a bit loud at night depending on where your are. Stay away from the area in the large field along the trees way to the right of the MX track as you go in if you want to sleep. There is always disco//music blasting late along with a burnout pad that gets hundreds of bike of all kinds. Cool to see but I don't want to be anywhere near it. There is a family section if you want safe.

If you live in Columbus you need to go even for a day. The day to go depends on what you want to see. Sunday is great because of the MX classes but people do start leaving pretty quick. Saturday is the most lively I would say. I go Thursday and stay until Sunday just because I like it so much. There is however nothing better than being at the swapmeet at 0630 on Friday morning before it gets picked.

I agree with everything you said. It's a great weekend for pure old school motorcycle people. Bikes of every kind and thousands of friendly motorheads.

|

6/5/2018 6:47 PM

For sure pit bike, get there Thursday , stay away from the tree area it’s like Woodstock, don’t complain to people about riding a Suzuki 500 triple two stroke at 2am they will say hey it’s mid Ohio . So that’s our new phrase hey it’s mid Ohio bring money if looking for complete bikes or parts so much for sale mx track nothing great but fun . If you don’t have a motor home tie all tarps and tents down can be windy you gotta go at least once

|

6/5/2018 6:48 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I'mm planning on going with some buddies and racing the 96 that I recently purchased. Photo

|

6/5/2018 7:37 PM

Cool event, been a few times. +1 on the pitbike.

Just listed my 96 CR on Craigs in Columbus.

Photo

|

6/5/2018 9:06 PM

MillsHondaRider wrote:

Cool event, been a few times. +1 on the pitbike.

Just listed my 96 CR on Craigs in Columbus.

Photo

Wtf. I wish I would've know about yours last Thursday. I just drove 3 hours one way to Michigan to get mine.

|

6/7/2018 3:29 PM

Although I have been super interested in this event for years, I'm ashamed to say I live in Ohio and have never attended this event.

Growing up I always dug flat track, but never immersed myself in it for the lack of jumps and excitement. The last couple years I've been intrigued and crave it.. Anyone have a vintage flat tracker I could get sideways on at Vintage days? If I break it I will fix it!

If I had cash to burn I'd have a factory Indian! I'd pay $$$$ to rip and pitch one of those...

FLAT TRACK is where it's at!

|

"I'm just Realville here, don't give me the bullshit."-Bob "hurricane" Hannah

6/7/2018 6:03 PM

Hey Weiser,
If you're into flat track go check out Ashland County fairgrounds-GREAT Racing.
And being in OH, also check out the races at Wauseon. They have classes for bikes from from the teens, as in 1900.
Check it out!

|

still trying to follow Dad's golden rule..."USE YOUR HEAD FOR SOMETHING MORE THAN A HAT RACK!"
current rides:
'13 250SX
'17 701 Husky

6/8/2018 11:05 AM

It's a great event. Went about 8 years ago, me and a buddy scooped up an XT500 on the way and rode the bejesus out of it, lights and all, for the whole weekend in moto, slapped some cheap flat track tires on it and had a blast. Sold it on the way back for $100 and an 18 pack profit. Hope to make a big swing next year by hitting it and the vintage racing at Unadilla.

|