Mickael "Rocket" Pichon is still alive !!!

Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 11:12am
Pichon just won last sunday the very famous beach race called "Le Touquet" on a 450 CR-F.

What a career for the frenchman !

Just think about this : Pichon is a multiple french SX and MX champion; he won the US 125cc east coast SX championship 2 times (1995 and 96), and took the overall victory in Glen Helen in 1998 (250cc); he was 250cc MX world champion in 2001 and 2002 (prior his US trip, he won GPs on a 125cc machine too); he also won one heat in Lierop 2004 MXoN...
He was able to win some major Supermoto races in Europe, and took the french "enduro" (sort of european GNCC) title...

And now Le Touquet sand race !

This guy is realy amazing...

|
Mrtf
2/9/2010 7:06am
straight badaas, to bad he had alot of injuries
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
2/9/2010 7:07am
yeah, Pichon is a badass on a bike. Too many injuries and too much drama from his Dad in the US.

The Shop

DrSweden
2/9/2010 7:22am
I have seen him live many times, and his riding style is so impressive. I thought he would beat Everts when they rode against each other, because he was one of the few that had the speed and talent to beat Stefun. But first he was on the RM250 vs Everts on the YZM450, and then he got injured etc. A lot of if's, I think he was inferiour Everts mentally.

He always made a buzz when he spoke because he didn't hold back and at times was a bit dramatic. But that's something I like, but I know some dont!

Nice to see him pop up once in a while. Him doing some GPs last year was pretty damn cool, and he's still VERY competetive.

I think he has more talent in his left ball than a majority of riders.
robkinuk
2/9/2010 8:11am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:40pm
Watched it live on Motors TV.
Story of race. French guy Mousse on Yam leading until clutch burns out entering last lap. Pichon pulls into pits, his crew quickly change silencer on his exhaust, splash & dash his fuel. Kawasaki rider Doudan?? passes him whilst in pits and wins race, then is disqualified for bike being too loud (121 decibels) at post race sound check, handing win to Pichon.
Congrats to Mickael and also his crew for having the forthought to swap out his pipe!
2/9/2010 8:19am
robkinuk wrote:
Watched it live on Motors TV. Story of race. French guy Mousse on Yam leading until clutch burns out entering last lap. Pichon pulls into pits...
Story of race. French guy Mousse on Yam leading until clutch burns out entering last lap. Pichon pulls into pits, his crew quickly change silencer on his exhaust, splash & dash his fuel. Kawasaki rider Doudan?? passes him whilst in pits and wins race, then is disqualified for bike being too loud (121 decibels) at post race sound check, handing win to Pichon.
Congrats to Mickael and also his crew for having the forthought to swap out his pipe!
The other french rider's name is "Deudon".
DrSweden
2/9/2010 8:30am
robkinuk wrote:
Watched it live on Motors TV. Story of race. French guy Mousse on Yam leading until clutch burns out entering last lap. Pichon pulls into pits...
So why did they change his exhaust? "Damaged"? LOL! What a drama?
M-M
2/9/2010 9:19am
robkinuk wrote:
DrSweden wrote:
Because the silencer he had on the bike before the pitstop was over the limit.
mjskier
2/9/2010 9:55am
M-M wrote:
Because the silencer he had on the bike before the pitstop was over the limit.
Haha. That's the first thing that came to my mind when I read the race summary.
It turns out that his silencer was damaged due to a collision and he was down on power (according to the forums on motoverte)

JW381
2/9/2010 9:58am
No doubt french kids can ride. I was always a pichon fan back in the day!
YZKEN250
2/9/2010 10:03am
One of the nicest guys too. We talked for about an hour one day when he was on Suzuki at Hangtown. We talked about golf, he is a huge fan of the sport.
mccread
2/9/2010 10:34am
one of the greats of his generation for sure, so much talent.
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
2/9/2010 10:58am
Pichon was one of the very few guys to take it straight to McGrath. As I recall, he was also the first French rider to come to the US and learn to speak really good English. This was a big deal because prior to that it was Bayle who didn't really speak English and the US fans held that against him. I met Pichon at a SX in Japan in 97 and he was nice as could be. Very easy going.
Mrtf
2/9/2010 11:02am
in his first Gp this year, in england,was his first gp since 06 or something he came out and won Qualifyed timing and got 2nd in the qualifing heat, badass !!!!!
sc961
2/9/2010 11:19am
DrSweden wrote:
Because when they say there is a sound limit in Europe, they mean it and have consequenses if you don't follow the guidelines.

Good for them.
Mxxer
2/9/2010 11:43am
DrSweden wrote:
sc961 wrote:
Because when they say there is a sound limit in Europe, they mean it and have consequenses if you don't follow the guidelines.

Good for them.
But the irony is that the noise pollution already happened. DQ'ing somebody doesn't change that fact.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4408th
2/9/2010 11:43am
At the 96 Houston SX when I was still doing the Whip It! thing, Mickael invited me and my 13YO nephew inside the Kawasaki(? - can't remember shit) rig after the race. Kid's eyes were the size of saucers soaking it all in. Mickael gave me a nice little interview for the site and then loaded my nephew up with a couple of armloads of autographed number plates, goggles, fenders and other crap. My nephew thought MP (and I) hung the freakin moon after that. MP is good people and crazy fast.
Brent
2/9/2010 1:05pm
..plus he won Commotion by the Ocean once or twice.

Fast kid, what a Dick his dad was (is?)
Mrtf
2/9/2010 1:11pm
whats that deal with his dad ? never heard of, tell me
2/9/2010 1:14pm
Mrtf wrote:
whats that deal with his dad ? never heard of, tell me
I would say "just a little too nervous" ...

Wink
DrSweden
2/9/2010 1:20pm
I'm glad to hear this. People at MT seemed to dislike him, maybe people here are a bit more mature here! Smile
2/9/2010 1:42pm
I was at that race he won at Glen Helen, his style was so smooth and effortless, one of those guys you watch and think, hey that looks easy, I can do that!
Crush
2/9/2010 4:27pm
Looking at those photos got me thinking...

Where the hell is Chad Watts...

2/9/2010 4:49pm
Didn't he do a World Championship Enduro round about two years ago as well? He won one day, but didn't compete the second due to fitness etc... but jeeeze it was awesome considering who he was faster than on day 1!!!
2/10/2010 10:49am
cillitbang wrote:
Didn't he do a World Championship Enduro round about two years ago as well? He won one day, but didn't compete the second due to fitness...
Didn't he do a World Championship Enduro round about two years ago as well? He won one day, but didn't compete the second due to fitness etc... but jeeeze it was awesome considering who he was faster than on day 1!!!
Absolutely right !

Post a reply to: Mickael "Rocket" Pichon is still alive !!!

The Latest