Michael Lindsay

9/14/2021 2:35am
How many pages will this shit storm blow out too? Clearing stick any one…..
mx 219
Fantasy
1150th
9/14/2021 4:28am Edited Date/Time 9/14/2021 4:30am
**warning I have no skin in the game here but I do know customer service.

Best thing ML can do is chime in on how he is fixing this situation. We dont need the details but by now he should have contacted every person that has an open order to see if they want their parts or a refund. To be honest, I dont have much respect for ML since this hasnt happened yet, its customer service 101.
SilverSpurs
9/14/2021 5:43am
mx 219 wrote:
**warning I have no skin in the game here but I do know customer service. Best thing ML can do is chime in on how he...
**warning I have no skin in the game here but I do know customer service.

Best thing ML can do is chime in on how he is fixing this situation. We dont need the details but by now he should have contacted every person that has an open order to see if they want their parts or a refund. To be honest, I dont have much respect for ML since this hasnt happened yet, its customer service 101.
It's pretty obvious to me that regardless of any ethical considerations Lindsay is financially exhausted.

He will have various people who he owes money to and typically in these situations the squeakiest wheels will get the grease as it slowly comes in.
9/14/2021 7:18am
Side question, how much is the new gig at Vital paying to be able to pay 200k+ debt back plus money to survive on?

The Shop

jeffro503
9/14/2021 7:20am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Thanks, but no thanks. GuyB's job is a lot more than just moderating the forums. Besides that, I have zero photography/videography/editing experience and traveling to all...
Thanks, but no thanks.

GuyB's job is a lot more than just moderating the forums. Besides that, I have zero photography/videography/editing experience and traveling to all the races to capture them from a wheelchair is practically impossible to do.

Even if I was able-bodied with all the experience required, I don't think I'd want to be on the road that much. That shit would get old, and fast.

Look, Michael might have his faults, but he did a pretty damn good job back when he was working at Vital. I don't think anyone can take that away from him.

Could someone else do the job? Absolutely, but it most likely would require some training and the next person might not be the right fit which would lead to hiring someone else and repeating the process once again. Michael coming back requires zero training making for a seamless transition.

GuyB retires, Michael takes over, and Vital never skips a beat. I see the reasoning in bringing him back.
jeffro503 wrote:
Mav.....as far as moderating a forum , you do an awesome job. Don't ever cut yourself short. You see things from both sides and call out...
Mav.....as far as moderating a forum , you do an awesome job. Don't ever cut yourself short. You see things from both sides and call out bullshit when it happens. As far as moderating.....you do a fine job.

As far as ML goes , I think he would be a great fit too. I can't speak on anything going on with money and motor mounts , because I don't know enough about the situation. And even if I did , I have no skin in the game and still wouldn't comment on it.

I personally really liked all the stuff he contributed here over the years. I know some of what he's going through , as I've seen things like that happen in the construction world. 2 wrongs don't make a right , but sometimes bad things happen to good people. Money runs down hill , and when that flow stops at the top.......it can sure wipe out everyone below.

ML didn't email some people back , and didn't send some motor mounts , I get it , and that sucks. But from what I understand is , there are some big companies who shafted him and the team for a lot of money......so put yourself in his shoes for a minute. I guess those two areas of his life should have been separated a little more , but for guys in here bashing on him......ML had his whole life turned upside down. And from what I hear , he's doing his best to make things right. What more could you ask for?
yota wrote:
dude. you can't use other peoples money and give them nothing in return because some third party that has nothing to do with the product you...
dude. you can't use other peoples money and give them nothing in return because some third party that has nothing to do with the product you are selling doesn't pay you. not only is it unethical. it is illegal.
I totally get that and agree. That's why I mentioned he should have kept those two parts of his life a bit more separate. I hope he makes good with everyone , either with a refund or the mounts. In my little construction world , when a big customer decides not to pay.....it doesn't only affect my business , it affects my entire life. It's hard to move forward on anything when you're broke.
8tensolutions
9/14/2021 7:26am
I am not condoning the views or other aspects of the podcast, because god knows some are out there, but it would give you some great...
I am not condoning the views or other aspects of the podcast, because god knows some are out there, but it would give you some great insight if you listen to the Kenny Watson interview on the latest Cooksey and the Coach pod. Seems there is much more to the Team then has been shared previously.

kiwifan wrote:
why dont you just post the "other aspects" here?
The interview with Kenny was more than an hour and there would be a lot to type. The story is very very different than the one ML told on Swap's pod.
shuggs
9/14/2021 10:37am
The interview with Kenny was more than an hour and there would be a lot to type. The story is very very different than the one...
The interview with Kenny was more than an hour and there would be a lot to type. The story is very very different than the one ML told on Swap's pod.
So why not just post the details?
USA
Fantasy
545th
9/14/2021 10:52am
The interview with Kenny was more than an hour and there would be a lot to type. The story is very very different than the one...
shuggs wrote:
The only thing I heard in the Watson interview that was controversial on this topic was when Watson said Honda paid the Chap/FXR team for Carson but Carson never got paid.
fourfourone
9/14/2021 10:54am
shuggs wrote:
USA wrote:
The only thing I heard in the Watson interview that was controversial on this topic was when Watson said Honda paid the Chap/FXR team for Carson...
The only thing I heard in the Watson interview that was controversial on this topic was when Watson said Honda paid the Chap/FXR team for Carson but Carson never got paid.
is this true?
agn5008
Fantasy
343rd
9/14/2021 1:52pm
shuggs wrote:
USA wrote:
The only thing I heard in the Watson interview that was controversial on this topic was when Watson said Honda paid the Chap/FXR team for Carson...
is this true?
You saw it on the internet so it must be.
fourfourone
9/14/2021 1:55pm
USA wrote:
is this true?
agn5008 wrote:
You saw it on the internet so it must be.
I didn't see anything.
mb60
9/14/2021 4:31pm
USA wrote:
Is the Mumford family that well off as it seems ? Swap said they wanted to buy the team and then I see was not being paid this year. I see his videos of him driving in a beater truck to practice. Have become a fan of his this year and was just curious.
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
9/14/2021 4:42pm
mb60 wrote:
Is the Mumford family that well off as it seems ? Swap said they wanted to buy the team and then I see was not being...
Is the Mumford family that well off as it seems ? Swap said they wanted to buy the team and then I see was not being paid this year. I see his videos of him driving in a beater truck to practice. Have become a fan of his this year and was just curious.
Carson’s dad Scott does pretty well….

I don’t know the logistics of Carson not being paid. But it wouldn’t surprise me if he accepted the ride with no salary. So many people throwing shit against the wall to see if it sticks ! Don’t believe everything you read.
yak651
Fantasy
168th
9/14/2021 4:49pm
Side question, how much is the new gig at Vital paying to be able to pay 200k+ debt back plus money to survive on?
Pulp makes over $200k for a janky radio show so this site should pay about 3 fity
8tensolutions
9/14/2021 9:04pm
mb60 wrote:
Is the Mumford family that well off as it seems ? Swap said they wanted to buy the team and then I see was not being...
langhammx wrote:
Carson’s dad Scott does pretty well…. I don’t know the logistics of Carson not being paid. But it wouldn’t surprise me if he accepted the ride...
Carson’s dad Scott does pretty well….

I don’t know the logistics of Carson not being paid. But it wouldn’t surprise me if he accepted the ride with no salary. So many people throwing shit against the wall to see if it sticks ! Don’t believe everything you read.
It's not what I read, it's what Kenny Watson said. The truck wouldn't have been wrapped and no tent done without Kenny along with Munford's money. Munford bought 5 bikes and gave them to the team etc etc and has not been paid back. In summary, it shows a pattern that he takes on too much and can't pull it off leaving people in his wake holding the bag, not getting product/refunds for months, false excuses, lies etc.

No, I don't have "skin in the game", but this is terrible business no matter how you slice it.

Post a reply to: Michael Lindsay

The Latest