Michael Lindsay

xrmark
9/8/2021 3:40pm
LungButter wrote:
I just don't believe the "slowness" of the bike is holding him back when it was good enough for him to pull a holeshot and lead...
I just don't believe the "slowness" of the bike is holding him back when it was good enough for him to pull a holeshot and lead laps....unless maybe the Washougal motor was only a one round deal?

How much he whines about it just makes me think how big of an advantage he must have had over most his competition as an amateur being that he was Honda's golden boy most his life. Now he's in the Pros and over half the field is on Legit bike.... he's getting a reality check.

still doesn’t change the character of Michael Lindsay. Telling someone they’ll have this this and that and then absolutely NOT coming through. How are all of you skimming over the fact that he doesn’t pay his riders? Lol mixed in with the wcl bullshit. How anyone can stand behind this guy is beyond me. Knowing a lot about dirt bikes and talking about it doesn’t make up for being a thief and a weasel.
mb60
9/8/2021 4:33pm
So Mumford cries and whines about the motor he was given while not getting paid. Yet he is going to get 12th in a highly competitive series while riding for free. Lol meanwhile the owner embezzled money from another company to fund the free rider on a stock motor. Man this thread really delivers.
kpiper
9/8/2021 5:04pm
xrmark wrote:
still doesn’t change the character of Michael Lindsay. Telling someone they’ll have this this and that and then absolutely NOT coming through. How are all of...
still doesn’t change the character of Michael Lindsay. Telling someone they’ll have this this and that and then absolutely NOT coming through. How are all of you skimming over the fact that he doesn’t pay his riders? Lol mixed in with the wcl bullshit. How anyone can stand behind this guy is beyond me. Knowing a lot about dirt bikes and talking about it doesn’t make up for being a thief and a weasel.
If you take someone's money and are supposed to send them something in return (parts)...and you don't, that is illegal.

If you didn't get what you ordered you can take them to small claims court.

Commingling of funds (if that happened) can also negate the protection of having a corporation making the principle personally liable under the law.
ge217
9/8/2021 5:10pm
LungButter wrote:
I just don't believe the "slowness" of the bike is holding him back when it was good enough for him to pull a holeshot and lead...
I just don't believe the "slowness" of the bike is holding him back when it was good enough for him to pull a holeshot and lead laps....unless maybe the Washougal motor was only a one round deal?

How much he whines about it just makes me think how big of an advantage he must have had over most his competition as an amateur being that he was Honda's golden boy most his life. Now he's in the Pros and over half the field is on Legit bike.... he's getting a reality check.

He raced an efi 150. You be the judge of how big the advantage was he had.

The Shop

TeamGreen
9/8/2021 7:16pm
Bruce372 wrote:
"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
Speak English brah!
YAMATHUMP1 wrote:
Pretty sure that was
Yup

Glass Houses, dude.

Oh, I'm sorry...was that too "Cryptic"?

Grinning
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/8/2021 10:50pm
xrmark wrote:
still doesn’t change the character of Michael Lindsay. Telling someone they’ll have this this and that and then absolutely NOT coming through. How are all of...
So that makes defamation on your part okay?
Trav138
9/8/2021 11:03pm
i'm just wondering what the fuck made him want to start a race team?. He should have truly known better. This sport is legendary in its history of unfulfilled contracts, also riders and teams getting left out to dry. I can appreciate his effort but covid or not this was gonna end bad!
9/8/2021 11:49pm
xrmark wrote:
Yea idk why I put fcp ha But the Mumford deal is weird. I guess I’m the only one who expects to be payed when you’re...
Yea idk why I put fcp ha

But the Mumford deal is weird. I guess I’m the only one who expects to be payed when you’re told you’re going to be payed. Not just shafted. I’m sure nobody here would work without getting payed?? Also being promised a competitive motor and ML and his dipshit buddy at xpr gave him a dam near stock motor. Mumford got shafted by ML. Anybody hear will suck off ML though.
I prefer getting sucked off to be fair.
Sawfish
9/9/2021 2:28am
GuyB wrote:
Defamation - the action of damaging the good reputation of someone; slander or libel.

Pretty sure your boy did that to himself.
fourfourone
9/9/2021 5:14am Edited Date/Time 9/9/2021 5:19am
GuyB wrote:
Sawfish wrote:
Defamation - the action of damaging the good reputation of someone; slander or libel.

x2.

ML did all that to himself and still owes people refunds. All he did is hand his mess of orders to another idiot who sounds like a whiney 10 year old when people approach him about refunds.

Just because he's been a big part of moto doesn't excuse his actions and make his constant excuses okay.

People can make up 10390288 excuses but when it comes to YOUR money being stolen, I am sure these people would be acting a little different.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
9/9/2021 5:18am
Can't believe this hasn't been flushed or tagged with bears yet...
BobPA
9/9/2021 5:29am Edited Date/Time 9/9/2021 5:32am
yak651 wrote:
I cannot believe GuyB is defending someone who, as of right now, ripped off numerous Vital members. Then has the audacity to insult and belittle the members who dare say anything bad about ML. Good thing he is leaving this site, his bias towards the industry is comical at best. I know nothing of the riders on the race team being paid. But, it certainly appears that ML has taken money from members and proceeded to not provide a service. Then, has lied through his teeth through various excuses, to not provide a refund.

In what world does that not warrant some sort of action?
9/9/2021 5:53am
xrmark wrote:
GuyB wrote:
No but defecation is okay so long as it's aimed at the toilet.
USA
Fantasy
507th
9/9/2021 6:37am
ML sounds like he's taking responsibility and trying to hold himself accountable to at least stop this from getting worse.

What sucks in this whole situation is that good, honest, hard-working people got screwed over, and then they are getting their noses shoved in it for bringing it up. Im not surprised that allegations of 'defamation' are being thrown around by people on the side of the snake-oil salesman.

How long until people just start getting banned if they bring this up? 🤔 RC16 can come back and be a Vice President of Vital, seems like he did a little less screwing over than ML did throughout the last 2 years..
c3011
9/9/2021 7:09am Edited Date/Time 9/9/2021 7:09am
MKMX wrote:
According to pulp, he’s taking over GuyB’s spot.
Where’s Guy B going?
davistld01
9/9/2021 7:19am Edited Date/Time 9/9/2021 7:20am
yak651 wrote:
Bear Scrub (keepin it low)

LungButter
9/9/2021 7:31am
davistld01 wrote:
Bear Scrub (keepin it low) [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/09/09/509280/s1200_673ED32C_77BD_4782_A802_FB854393F872.jpg[/img]

Looks comfortable.
PNWRider
9/9/2021 7:37am
yak651 wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
Bear Scrub (keepin it low) [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/09/09/509280/s1200_673ED32C_77BD_4782_A802_FB854393F872.jpg[/img]

That’s what properly torqued sprocket bolts will do for you.
Timo
9/9/2021 7:37am
davistld01 wrote:

LungButter wrote:
Looks comfortable.
Totally going to bottom out those A kit suspenders.
Yeti831
9/9/2021 7:39am Edited Date/Time 9/9/2021 7:48am
GuyB wrote:
Sawfish wrote:

x2. ML did all that to himself and still owes people refunds. All he did is hand his mess of orders to another idiot who sounds...
x2.

ML did all that to himself and still owes people refunds. All he did is hand his mess of orders to another idiot who sounds like a whiney 10 year old when people approach him about refunds.

Just because he's been a big part of moto doesn't excuse his actions and make his constant excuses okay.

People can make up 10390288 excuses but when it comes to YOUR money being stolen, I am sure these people would be acting a little different.
Going to stop you halfway.

Scot got handed an absolute dumpster fire from ML and has been on top of getting EVERYTHING moving along for people, whether we knew it or not. He’s contacting orders, he’s busting his ass getting parts made.

Ffs, ML FINALLY got me my refund a few days ago and Scot STILL SENT MY MOUNTS OUT.

Maybe we’re just different people, but that’s fucking solid service there. It seems like he had no clue how bad it was until he started looking at ML’s backlogs and my WCL thread was getting attention.

I had 7-8 random industry people contact me ASAP once the heat was directed towards Scot, 5 of those were 1hr+ phone calls. All coming to Scots defense.

You know how many people hmu to defend ML? Big fat zero.

Apologies if that came off overly defensive, but Scot is literally doing everything he can to take care what he has the power to parts wise while leaving the refund ordeal to ML, either direct to customer or eventually back to Scot because “somebody” cleared out his Shopify account.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/9/2021 7:47am
c3011 wrote:
Where’s Guy B going?
Parts Unknown. (Vital for the next few months, then something/somewhere else TBD.)
TeamGreen
9/9/2021 9:34am Edited Date/Time 9/9/2021 9:35am
Sawfish wrote:

x2. ML did all that to himself and still owes people refunds. All he did is hand his mess of orders to another idiot who sounds...
x2.

Yeti831 wrote:
Going to stop you halfway. Scot got handed an absolute dumpster fire from ML and has been on top of getting EVERYTHING moving along for people...
Going to stop you halfway.

Scot got handed an absolute dumpster fire from ML and has been on top of getting EVERYTHING moving along for people, whether we knew it or not. He’s contacting orders, he’s busting his ass getting parts made.

Ffs, ML FINALLY got me my refund a few days ago and Scot STILL SENT MY MOUNTS OUT.

Maybe we’re just different people, but that’s fucking solid service there. It seems like he had no clue how bad it was until he started looking at ML’s backlogs and my WCL thread was getting attention.

I had 7-8 random industry people contact me ASAP once the heat was directed towards Scot, 5 of those were 1hr+ phone calls. All coming to Scots defense.

You know how many people hmu to defend ML? Big fat zero.

Apologies if that came off overly defensive, but Scot is literally doing everything he can to take care what he has the power to parts wise while leaving the refund ordeal to ML, either direct to customer or eventually back to Scot because “somebody” cleared out his Shopify account.
There it is.

Someone with actual skin in the game.
Nice.
Honest and telling it like it is...from his perspective...&...it needs to be said, AGAIN...
He's got skin in the game.

Meanwhile, the Name-Calling and "Torch & Pitchfork" carrying "Usual Suspects" post their usual shit. Opining from the seat of a tractor on their phones...or from their mom's computer...or in the basement of their parents house...you know...real contributors to moto-culture.

Yup, threads like this are like flypaper. I guess they serve their purpose.
Yes, actually, they do.
Wink
sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
9/9/2021 12:26pm
MKMX wrote:
c3011 wrote:
Where’s Guy B going?
Going to be a poolman. No nights holidays or weekends, get a tan and daily work out, beautiful housewives throwing themselves at you all day, and all the while earning tens of dollars. No brainer.

Laughing
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
9/9/2021 12:53pm
MKMX wrote:
c3011 wrote:
Where’s Guy B going?
sumdood wrote:
Going to be a poolman. No nights holidays or weekends, get a tan and daily work out, beautiful housewives throwing themselves at you all day, and...
Going to be a poolman. No nights holidays or weekends, get a tan and daily work out, beautiful housewives throwing themselves at you all day, and all the while earning tens of dollars. No brainer.

Laughing
You joke, but I literally just made this pitch to my wife while we were in Vegas.
G-man
9/9/2021 1:03pm
I don't care for getting caught up in drama threads, but I really have no clue on what happened with ML other than he use to work here and quit to start his own race team.

Cliff notes anyone?
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
9/9/2021 1:46pm Edited Date/Time 9/9/2021 1:51pm
G-man wrote:
I don't care for getting caught up in drama threads, but I really have no clue on what happened with ML other than he use to...
I don't care for getting caught up in drama threads, but I really have no clue on what happened with ML other than he use to work here and quit to start his own race team.

Cliff notes anyone?
Here's the best I've got:

- ML worked here and built a reputation as a knowledgeable tester and media guy

- ML left and started a race team during a global pandemic

- ML got in some form of a business relationship with an engine mount company

- Said engine mount company sponsored ML's team and likely pledged X money

- engine mounts never shipped: lots of accusations about who had access to what, and what money went where.

- ML's team is dealing with sponsors who don't pay

- ML applies for GuyB's vacancy and gets the job here at Vital

- Pulls the plug on the team - likely taking a huge personal loss

- the customers who bought mounts that never shipped string up ML and Scot until they get their shit (rightfully so)

And here we are. Is ML an embezzler, or just taking his sponsorship money from his partnership business while the other guy never actually fills orders? Who the hell knows.

We also don't know how big of an issue this is. Was it 10 guys who have the avenue of this form to raise concerns? Was it a 1000 people? Is all the money gone or just ML's cut? Who the hell knows.

I like ML and think this site is better with him here. Here's to hoping guys get their parts and ML succeeds in his new role.

9/9/2021 2:09pm
MxKing809 wrote:
Here's the best I've got: - ML worked here and built a reputation as a knowledgeable tester and media guy - ML left and started a...

- engine mounts never shipped: lots of accusations about who had access to what, and what money went where.

- the customers who bought mounts that never shipped string up ML and Scot until they get their shit (rightfully so)

And here we are. Is ML an embezzler, or just taking his sponsorship money from his partnership business while the other guy never actually fills orders? Who the hell knows.

We also don't know how big of an issue this is. Was it 10 guys who have the avenue of this form to raise concerns? Was it a 1000 people? Is all the money gone or just ML's cut? Who the hell knows.

I like ML and think this site is better with him here. Here's to hoping guys get their parts and ML succeeds in his new role.

That was a long post with a lot of incorrect information. Sounds like you didn't even read all the posts in the Dumbgeon.
DA498
9/9/2021 2:23pm
MxKing809 wrote:
Here's the best I've got: - ML worked here and built a reputation as a knowledgeable tester and media guy - ML left and started a...

That was a long post with a lot of incorrect information. Sounds like you didn't even read all the posts in the Dumbgeon.
So fill us in then, because i havent been following this until recently.

I can understand the team going under from all aspects. I dont know what the rider contracts were and how many people buy motor mounts.

I was a big fan of ML, so im not onboard the lynch mob yet.

Inform me please.
9/9/2021 2:26pm
DA498 wrote:
So fill us in then, because i havent been following this until recently. I can understand the team going under from all aspects. I dont know...
So fill us in then, because i havent been following this until recently.

I can understand the team going under from all aspects. I dont know what the rider contracts were and how many people buy motor mounts.

I was a big fan of ML, so im not onboard the lynch mob yet.

Inform me please.
Go read through all the threads about WCL and ML in the Dumbgeon. Generate your own opinion. There is enough info out there, trust me.

Post a reply to: Michael Lindsay

The Latest