Michael Lindsay

Related:
Create New Tag

9/6/2021 6:26 PM

With the Chaparral FXR Honda team folding, where will he go, Team manager for another team?
Work in the industry for a brand? Media?

|

9/6/2021 6:29 PM

I think he’s gonna start a new engine mount company

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

9/6/2021 6:55 PM

ML, Mossiman, and Ping are my favorite test riders. Would love to see him do reviews again.

|

9/6/2021 7:04 PM

Here's to hoping Michael can put the chaos of building a team during a global pandemic behind him, and get a clean start doing what brings him the most joy - whatever that is for him. I also hope that the people who are looking for him to make things right get taken care of.

I have been able to get to know Michael through this forum, and spent the Pheonix SX with him and the team last year - even went to the line with Starling for qualifying.

I truly believe he is a good guy, who like us all seems to have made some recent mistakes. Either way, he's been a friend to me and I hope he finds success and takes the time to mop up isle 5 in the process.

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

9/6/2021 7:16 PM

I thought he was going to be the big boss man around here?

|

9/6/2021 7:19 PM

According to pulp, he’s taking over GuyB’s spot.

|

9/6/2021 7:23 PM

Racer X back in the news paper days did a story on him racing in small countries. Sounded like a great adventure.

|

9/6/2021 7:35 PM

profeshenal125 wrote:

Racer X back in the news paper days did a story on him racing in small countries. Sounded like a great adventure.

That was Paul Lindsey LOL

|

9/6/2021 7:38 PM

profeshenal125 wrote:

I believe you're thinking of Dennis Stapleton from MXA.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

9/6/2021 7:44 PM

profeshenal125 wrote:

fullfloater wrote:

I believe you are right.

|

9/6/2021 7:51 PM

MKMX wrote:

According to pulp, he’s taking over GuyB’s spot.

That explains why the word is out to the Mods to dumdgeon any thread about him then.

Hush hush........

|

9/6/2021 7:57 PM

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

|

9/6/2021 8:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/6/2021 8:38 PM

Look, I am one of his harshest critics on the WCL thing, you can all check my post history if you don't believe me...BUT....
He did post and admit his wrongs, even if he did make some more excuses. Bottom line it SEEMS as though people are getting refunds and/or product from either ML or the guy running WCL now.
Yes it took a lot of public outcry to make it happen, but it is what it is. He's been strung up, and I'm sure he feels the judgement.
We don't all need to "give him a chance" but I would hope EVERY single thread having to do with Chaparral Honda or Coty Schock doesn't end up a thread to bash ML, even if he does deserve it.
Granted this one is actually ABOUT ML. So maybe carry on, whatever....who am I to try to guide this place 😂

|

9/6/2021 8:15 PM

Bruce372 wrote:

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Speak English brah!

|

9/6/2021 8:17 PM

profeshenal125 wrote:

fullfloater wrote:

Yeah that’s him. It was the best journey men story I ever heard. He would race sx in crazy countries like Vietnam. He couldn’t eat the food so he ate pringles chips the whole time there.

|

9/6/2021 8:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/6/2021 8:27 PM

Mike took the time to respond to an email from me and was friendly about it. Good guy and helpful to me through this community. I hope everything turns out well and that he continues to be helpful and post/ respond. Business can be weird. I worked for a great company 12 years ago that wound up going out of business and we didn’t get paid for work previously done. The owner’s name became mud over business….it didn’t work out and things went bad. It happens all the time. Of course it sucks……of course. Hopefully nobody loses a house or anything like that. Sorry to the guys that didn’t get their parts. Buy tires instead when you get the money back. Mounts? Are you kidding me?

|

9/6/2021 8:26 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I believe you're thinking of Dennis Stapleton from MXA.

Stapo is the man!

|

9/6/2021 9:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/6/2021 10:24 PM

In summary, he fucked up bad. It goes beyond the WCL issue (that he appears to be on top of… I hope).

Personally, idc to what extent he “suffers” to make things right and make an honest come back.

All I care is that he makes things right and makes an honest come back.

People have gotten deep and lost everything in their life, recovered and rebuilt. I genuinely hope he can accomplish that.

|

9/6/2021 9:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/6/2021 9:39 PM

probably paying his bank back the 200k he wasted...

|

9/6/2021 9:31 PM

Wait and see, I’m excited.

|

9/6/2021 10:05 PM

beefcake48 wrote:

You created a new member just to make that comment ?????

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

9/6/2021 10:26 PM

kiwifan wrote:

You created a new member just to make that comment ?????

gotta start some where?

|

9/6/2021 10:51 PM

beefcake48 wrote:

Scot?

|

9/6/2021 11:07 PM

I think all bs he gets from engine mount business is getting just too much like people want to get reason to hate him.
Sure he could have done better job but seems he had too much going on. Now engine mount business is in new hands and from running team he him self took biggest financial hit. I would give him credit to make everything happen that most of us never got done. Its easier just stay at normal job and not make mistakes than try to make something bigger happen.
Outside of these he has been top journalist and guy who lives moto.

|

9/6/2021 11:12 PM

I just hope Vital has a good accountant or accounts manager to keep an eye on things.

|

9/6/2021 11:15 PM

I didn’t get ripped off, so it’s easy for me to say live and learn. The empathetic part of me doesn’t want ML to keep getting shit on. The reasonable part of me says that he’s kind of a leech on the moto community.

|

9/6/2021 11:21 PM

I think the bottom line is right now we just don't know enough to come to a real conclusion. We are still in the middle of the ML Saga. He screwed some people over, his team folded, he is in debt, and HOPEFULLY he's on the way to mending all the above.
It's fair he keeps getting some flack, but I think MAAAAAYBE he needs some grace too.
Time will tell. He us a chance to fix this, and hopefully he will....but he is on the thinnest ice ever. One more failed promise and I doubt he'll ever recover whatever reputation he has left.

|

9/7/2021 1:36 AM

Moto520 wrote:

Mike took the time to respond to an email from me and was friendly about it. Good guy and helpful to me through this ...more

I agree man. 100 %

|

9/7/2021 3:30 AM

What actually happened, not the WCL engine mount stuff, who did he "screw over"?

I don't know the guy and certainly don't wish him any more drama, it's easy to get in too deep, have a few issues, and then it snowballs to where you can't stop it, it doesn't sound like he does anything out of malice or being an asshole, just a dude who was too busy and got himself in a bit of a mess.

Curious what happened with the FXR/Chap team, sounded like Coty was dialled in for a 250 effort next season and days later, boom, gone. Glad he's got something else sorted, nice professional dude and he shreds.

|

9/7/2021 7:24 AM

Richy wrote:

What actually happened, not the WCL engine mount stuff, who did he "screw over"?

I don't know the guy and certainly don't ...more

Cliff notes:
ML took on too many roles and couldn't keep up. The WCL scenario was people submitting orders that were not filled and the money was taken. Nobody is rightly sure what happened to the money but it is not believed to be used on the FXR Chapparal Honda team. Sponsors of the team screwed over ML and didn't pay like they should have, so all of the walls were closing in on ML. The team is folding at the end of the year, they did a fantastic job being professional and had great results. ML is contacting those orders under WCL that have not been completed and getting refunds out.

It is rumored ML is the new GUYB which makes sense. I personally think ML is a great guy with lots of knowledge in the industry. I don't believe he had bad intentions and things happened rapidly and with all of the effort for the team he was unable to keep up.

Keep the chin up ML, shit happens when you party naked. Right the wrongs and move on

|