Method TLD wheels.

Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
So I may have missed it……..what is up with the team only running them in the night show at a couple races then poof! They are gone? We’re there some breaking problems? Wouldn’t go the distance? Or was it simply a couple rounds for advertising? Again sorry if it has already been mentioned.
|
Mr. Afterbar
2/5/2022 5:07am
Same wheels, no sticker. There is no such thing as a Method wheel for a dirt bike.
DonM
2/5/2022 7:06am
Same wheels, no sticker. There is no such thing as a Method wheel for a dirt bike.
I can’t quite understand why this is so hard for the moto community to understand….It was just a sticker…

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
2/5/2022 7:16am
Correct. Just like there's no Dubya wheels.

They just assemble them with components from Excel, D.I.D., Talon, Kite, etc.

It's a marketing play and it works.
8tensolutions
2/5/2022 7:28am
DonM wrote:
I can’t quite understand why this is so hard for the moto community to understand….It was just a sticker…
They are Dubya wheels, but I think they are powder coated or painted and then stickers. Same thing, but a little more than stickers.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
2/5/2022 7:33am
DonM wrote:
I’m aware that they are not truly Method wheels. I’m just curious why they were partnering then stopped?
aeffertz
2/5/2022 7:34am
I’m aware that they are not truly Method wheels. I’m just curious why they were partnering then stopped?
They are still sponsoring the team.
2/5/2022 7:39am Edited Date/Time 2/5/2022 7:40am
They read the comments section on social media.

“Damn those ugly”

“Ugly AF”

“Eeeewwwww”

“What the hell…that looks disgusting”

“I’d rather gouge my eyes out than look at those…”

Method marketing department: Pull the sticker boys.
DonM
2/5/2022 7:42am
DonM wrote:
You did ask if they were having problems with the wheels breaking, so I assumed that you were under the impression that they were “Method wheels”. There is no difference from what they are running now other than the sticker. Method is a team sponsor and A-1 was a promotion and did cause a lot of confusion for many people.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
2/5/2022 7:45am
DonM wrote:
DonM wrote:
You did ask if they were having problems with the wheels breaking, so I assumed that you were under the impression that they were “Method wheels”...
You did ask if they were having problems with the wheels breaking, so I assumed that you were under the impression that they were “Method wheels”. There is no difference from what they are running now other than the sticker. Method is a team sponsor and A-1 was a promotion and did cause a lot of confusion for many people.
Was not sure of ALL the components. But this makes sense. Thank you.
2/5/2022 7:50am Edited Date/Time 2/5/2022 7:52am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Correct. Just like there's no Dubya wheels.

They just assemble them with components from Excel, D.I.D., Talon, Kite, etc.

It's a marketing play and it works.
If company is not assembling the wheels, it is just branding.

If a company is assembling the wheels, then it is a full service product, and more than just branding.
2/5/2022 7:54am
Could of been planned to be so ugly that they’re now known. Even ugly publicity gets people to remember the brand.
clarkgray432
Fantasy
4009th
2/5/2022 8:01am
They are Dubya wheels, but I think they are powder coated or painted and then stickers. Same thing, but a little more than stickers.
Dubya doesn’t make wheels. They assemble them. The method wheels are DID dirt stats with a big method sticker on them.

Post a reply to: Method TLD wheels.

The Latest