Metal starting grid??

Related:
Create New Tag

1/6/2018 12:05 PM

Man no one has said much about the metal grids!! Could be a game changer. Did any of them have it at the practice tracks?? Baggers was only guy in pc who mentioned it could be a
Help if you get bad gate pickunsure unsure

|

1/6/2018 12:15 PM

I wonder if tire design will change to help get outta the hole faster?

|

1/6/2018 12:15 PM

Did you just get internet.? metal grids have been talks for months & videos are up all over social media

|

1/6/2018 12:20 PM

DTR830 wrote:

Did you just get internet.? metal grids have been talks for months & videos are up all over social media

Hmmmmm??? Haven’t seen any vids but just huge change and have not heard any of the riders saying much. Guess I could be in a cave as don’t follow 24/7

|

1/6/2018 12:31 PM

DTR830 wrote:

Did you just get internet.? metal grids have been talks for months & videos are up all over social media

Are you a dick daily, or just practice being one on the interweb?

|

1/6/2018 12:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/6/2018 12:38 PM

McGrath talked about it on his show yesterday. Said it was not a big deal, it might help poor starters get a better start but thats about it.

|

1/6/2018 12:43 PM

I'd like to hear from the mechanics/distributors about their thoughts. If the riders don't notice or care and it doesn't wreck tires then I guess it's a non issue.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

1/6/2018 3:05 PM

I don't like the idea.

A) Starting is a skill. We should be rewarding that. Starting devices and electronics should be banned too.

cool Going fast is a skill and part of the reward for going fast is a good gate pick.

C) Picking a good gate and prepping it is a skill. Again, reward that.

D) Logistically, it's a pain in the ass. Now teams and riders without private facilities have to carry around large hunks of metal to the practice track and Feld has to carry them around the country.

E) I can't say for certain, but if the idea behind this is to allow a better chance at a good start from a worse gate, then the first turn is going to be very busy. Prepare to see more pileups. Not only is this going to impact the racing more, it's dangerous. This is my main concern but again, it isn't for certain. Fingers crossed that we don't see guys getting hurt.

|

1/6/2018 3:08 PM

DTR830 wrote:

Did you just get internet.? metal grids have been talks for months & videos are up all over social media

wildbill wrote:

Are you a dick daily, or just practice being one on the interweb?

Believe your reply was a bit harsher than mine. You ok WildBill?

|

1/6/2018 3:38 PM

Sorry, Motodrive must've rubbed one off on me.

|

1/6/2018 3:42 PM

don't like, at all...

|

1/6/2018 3:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/6/2018 3:48 PM

tcallahan707 wrote:

I don't like the idea.

A) Starting is a skill. We should be rewarding that. Starting devices and electronics should be banned too.

cool Going fast is a skill and part of the reward for going fast is a good gate pick.

C) Picking a good gate and prepping it is a skill. Again, reward that.

D) Logistically, it's a pain in the ass. Now teams and riders without private facilities have to carry around large hunks of metal to the practice track and Feld has to carry them around the country.

E) I can't say for certain, but if the idea behind this is to allow a better chance at a good start from a worse gate, then the first turn is going to be very busy. Prepare to see more pileups. Not only is this going to impact the racing more, it's dangerous. This is my main concern but again, it isn't for certain. Fingers crossed that we don't see guys getting hurt.

Yeah dungey just said that now will be more equal across the whole gate and more crowded into the turn. Which gonna make whatever after the turn more crowded. Hope they take this into account in track design!!

|

1/6/2018 3:53 PM

I talked to Van Martin a few months ago about this!

He said that his thoughts on this were that you would have consistency on the feel of the start behind the gate from week to week.

Not have to adjust as much would give you time for practice on your other setups \ problems from track to track.

we'll just have to see how it effects everyone & then see how fast they to it.

|

00' BMW K1200 RS
83' Maico 490 ( The Project bike)
81' Maico 490- FOR SALE
03' KTM 525 SX (In ICU)
14.5 KTM 450 Fe- FOR SALE