Metal start grate

Related:
Create New Tag

7/6/2018 8:47 AM

I have a race this weekend on a track that actually got the "modern" metal starting grate. Is there anyone that has experience of starting on these things? Fortunately we'll have 7 minutes of start practice before the qualifying to get used to it.

It will be a interesting experience.

Photo

|

7/6/2018 8:57 AM

WFO

|

7/6/2018 9:16 AM

I have been on the start steel mess a few times and I find it to be an equalizer at the get since I can't pack the dirt like a 200 + lb mechanic. Just raise your holeshot device up higher and use throttle/clutch control and off you go.

|

Thanks for your Support
100%, Mobius, Sunstar, Pirelli, Odi, Acerbis, Yoshimura, Beck's Tech Suspension and Tuning, Arma, Works Connection

7/6/2018 9:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/6/2018 9:56 AM

Bounce it off the limiter until the gate drops and then stomp it in to gear. No clutch.

|

7/7/2018 12:29 AM

Preston412 wrote:

I have been on the start steel mess a few times and I find it to be an equalizer at the get since I can't pack the dirt like a 200 + lb mechanic. Just raise your holeshot device up higher and use throttle/clutch control and off you go.

I think i'm going to take with me a spare rear fender grin

|

7/8/2018 1:36 PM

My conclusion:

Metal grate > dirt

|

7/8/2018 2:24 PM

Motofinne wrote:

I have a race this weekend on a track that actually got the "modern" metal starting grate. Is there anyone that has experience of starting on these things? Fortunately we'll have 7 minutes of start practice before the qualifying to get used to it.

It will be a interesting experience.

Photo

As my old Snowboard Coach told me, the snow is slow for everyone. Meaning:

In the springtime when snow has a high water content, it tends to drag the speed of the snowboards. So, since everyone has to go over the same snow, everyone has the same advantage and disadvantage here. The difference will be nominal. This is one race where the start will have little affect.

I'd plan on keeping my head over the bars, and roll on the throttle. Aim for the first corner and don't let off. Have fun. Go Fast, Take Chances.

|