Meta article about Jason Lawrence

3/10/2018 1:30pm
jemcee wrote:
Also [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/03/09/248530/s1200_9_57.jpg[/img]
Also

Damn, J Law had style!
stillwelding
3/11/2018 11:07am
Racer111 wrote:
To hell with all you guys and your negative bullshit. If I were a team, I’d sign him today. Dude would kill it outdoors.
BobbyM wrote:
Jack off much?
I’m voting on this reply as the best ever in the history of Motocross. How do I apply for Bobby M to get in to the Motorcycle Hall of Fame?
3/11/2018 11:18am
He’s still got more marketability than some current factory riders. and he don’t even race. Him and Stewart got a strangle hold on that side of...
He’s still got more marketability than some current factory riders. and he don’t even race. Him and Stewart got a strangle hold on that side of things.

Hated him as a kid because he was a prick. But....everyone was a prick on a factory suzuki (besides millsapps, nicest talented kid on a dirtbike ). Maybe not a prick, but very cocky ? Lawrence was both. Prick and cocky. Ha. Hell, for where he’s at today and what he’s been through I respect that. And still riding....good on him.

Dungey might of retired a legend of the sport but Lawrence did what he wanted, when he wanted, however he wanted. Wonder if dungey even throws a leg over the bike—-probably has a panic attack just doing it. Poor dude probably can’t even enjoy riding a dirtbike. All that stress....

Lawrence didn’t have to train or do shit but get on a bike and kill it. Not sure if we will ever get another one like him.
So you respect and admire the infamous "cocky prick" over the famous and well liked 4 time SX champ/legend? Unsure
Haha some people right? Dungey was on a wheeties box ffs, closest thing JLaw ever got to that was being on a wanted poster
ruy
3/11/2018 1:59pm

The Shop

Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
3/11/2018 4:56pm
gnarwhip wrote:
"If the right ride came, I would come back". Holy shit. If I had a company with cash I would set that shit up right now...
"If the right ride came, I would come back". Holy shit. If I had a company with cash I would set that shit up right now. The media coverage alone would be worth it, regardless of how well he does.
Paging IB Corp... paging IB Corp.
That would be some interesting Reality TV for sure !
ruy
3/12/2018 6:11am

3/12/2018 2:15pm
Another favorite moment...

He was must watch.

Flatliner wrote:
Honestly nothing about that to me was must watch. I was mid 20’s in his hayday and nothing about him seemed cool even then. It’s way...
Honestly nothing about that to me was must watch.

I was mid 20’s in his hayday and nothing about him seemed cool even then. It’s way less so now. Yea, he didn’t give cookie cutter answers. Lots of guys over the years have done that. RD has, RV has. But those guys have been on the box so many times, and have been asked the same questions over and over, that’s what causes robot answers.

People forget to mention that he wasn’t exactly a stand up guy, or how many times he had resources and money put into a program for him, and he’d no show.

Where was he again in 2010 when RD5 won both titles his rookie year?

JLaw wasnt for everyone. Just like the Dungey's of the world aint for everyone. That's what made it fun, as they say, "styles make fights".

It's all about contrast.

That press conference was made fun because of JLaw. He got Davey to break character. Reed was noticeably on edge about what might come out of JLaw's mouth. At the end of the day, this is entertainment.
davistld01
3/12/2018 3:23pm
BobbyM wrote:
Fucking ten years ago, the rider he "powned" is a multi millionaire and fucking retired today, yea jlaw was a boss. Lmao
Boom. Nailed it. JLaw was a fast asshat. He sounds proud to be a broke has been.
Brent
3/12/2018 3:31pm
davistld01 wrote:
Boom. Nailed it. JLaw was a fast asshat. He sounds proud to be a broke has been.
...if being a broke 'Has Been" is his only option, what choice does he have but to own it.

I don't get all the adulation for that guy, he had a gift from god with all that talent, but wasn't given a brain so he could use it.

Motocross is littered with guys like him, Im actually surprised he was able to get the one title with his complete lack of maturity and composure. A real champion overcomes all.
ruy
3/12/2018 5:53pm

life_of_jaze
3/12/2018 6:19pm
G-man wrote:
I've never been a hater to any professional motocross racer. ( Well maybe the Russian hitman Victor Popepenko when he took out Falta). First time I...
I've never been a hater to any professional motocross racer. ( Well maybe the Russian hitman Victor Popepenko when he took out Falta).

First time I saw Jason Lawrence was my one and only time to Lorretta Lynn's in 2004. I didn't even know who he was but all I know is that guy on the Suzuki was one of the smoothest and fastest Riders out there with some really creative lines on the track.

Yes it's been well documented on the mistakes he has made in his career but I don't know anyone who hasn't made any mistakes in their lifetime.

I do know that he was one of the first professionals to donate to Danny Magoo Chandler and that was pretty cool to me.

I do think the Motocross community in general missed out on what could have been an exciting rider to watch but he's a grown man and made his own decisions whether they were right or wrong he's the one that has to live with them.

He brought excitement to the arena and was like nobody else, that was part of the reason I was a fan. Jason had natural talent in spades kind of like Ron Lechein did yet nobody piled on the Dogger like they do Jason.

Yeah Ronnie did not do the stuff Jason did but Jason also did not try to sneak through Japanese customs with a bag of weed in his luggage while he was a member of Team Honda.

Both these Riders could have had much more successful careers if only they had buckled down and stayed focused. But I will not condemn them for that. There short but exciting careers was fun to watch and we all missed out on that whether you admit it or not.

Exactly !
APLMAN99
3/12/2018 8:02pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2018 8:02pm
Just to be clear, most of the Lawrence fanboys would be the first guys to hang a bike thief from a branch til he assumed ambient temperature.

But they heap praise on a guy who stole another man's ear, with his teeth...........

If you are "doing what you want to do" and it sends you to prison, you probably aren't really "doing what you want to do". You are probably suffering from a mental disorder and need help, not adulation from enablers.
mxb2
3/12/2018 8:46pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Just to be clear, most of the Lawrence fanboys would be the first guys to hang a bike thief from a branch til he assumed ambient...
Just to be clear, most of the Lawrence fanboys would be the first guys to hang a bike thief from a branch til he assumed ambient temperature.

But they heap praise on a guy who stole another man's ear, with his teeth...........

If you are "doing what you want to do" and it sends you to prison, you probably aren't really "doing what you want to do". You are probably suffering from a mental disorder and need help, not adulation from enablers.
Fanboys are deaf and blind to facts that makes their guy look bad. Just because they ride a dirt bike fast they get a pass on getting in trouble.
Forty
3/12/2018 9:03pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Just to be clear, most of the Lawrence fanboys would be the first guys to hang a bike thief from a branch til he assumed ambient...

mxb2 wrote:
Fanboys are deaf and blind to facts that makes their guy look bad. Just because they ride a dirt bike fast they get a pass on...
Fanboys are deaf and blind to facts that makes their guy look bad. Just because they ride a dirt bike fast they get a pass on getting in trouble.
what about the Tomac fanboys?
mxb2
3/12/2018 9:09pm
APLMAN99 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
Fanboys are deaf and blind to facts that makes their guy look bad. Just because they ride a dirt bike fast they get a pass on...
Forty wrote:
what about the Tomac fanboys?
Any fanboy,. Insert any rider.
gnarwhip
3/12/2018 9:10pm
Mike Tyson bit a dudes ear and everyone loves Mike Tyson now. Tiger cheated on his wife with like 18 chicks, got a dui, and everyone loves Tiger now. America loves a comeback story and forgives people. Why not J Law?
Nighttrain
3/12/2018 10:11pm
Another favorite moment...

He was must watch.

Hilarious. Unlike the snoozers we see now that was a post-race worth watching.
ruy
3/13/2018 7:13am
crowe176
3/13/2018 3:57pm
338 training a bunch of mini riders.. Bad News Bears.
ruy
3/13/2018 4:46pm

Post a reply to: Meta article about Jason Lawrence

The Latest