Meta article about Jason Lawrence

Bidirella
3/8/2018 1:30pm
Retired for years but every time his name comes up, he will be trending on vital for a week. He did something special and different and everybody liked or hated it that much that he is still that populair.

He gets more hits and vieuws then Forkner winning Atlanta or Martin winning a main there, didnt even see a topic about him.
Uncle Tony
3/8/2018 1:37pm
Travis707 wrote:
J-Law: The Iggy Pop of motocross

I've always been a fan.

Dude just loves riding his dirt bike.

Respect that he lives life his way.

I don't know about iggy pop? Keith Richards yeah lol
agn5009
3/8/2018 1:47pm
agn5009 wrote:
You think because 90% of about 20 Motocross fans here think he's a donkey that means he's marketable? Most here are talking about how much of...
You think because 90% of about 20 Motocross fans here think he's a donkey that means he's marketable? Most here are talking about how much of a fool he was.
He has a story that is incredibly marketable.
He's popular amongst a certain group of fans. That doesn't mean he's marketable. The ones who spend real money on this sport aren't the "Bros" like you may think. Teenage kids thought he was cool and funny at the time because they're immature. The kids who thought he was cool and funny had parents who pay the bills. The parents who paid the bills thought he was a donkey. It's as simple as that. The vast majority don't like him and think he's a moron for squandering away such great talent.

The guy barely even had to train. All he had to do was not get in trouble and he would have most likely had a good career and made a really nice living. I don't know how he makes money now but I can guarantee he's not able to do "whatever he wants" like Dungey and Villopoto can. Those two made millions of dollars riding dirt bikes, retired very young and can do essentially anything. If they want to take a weeks vacation to the Caribbean they do it. If they want to buy a new fishing boat they do it. If they want to take their kids to Disney they do it. The possibilities are endless for them because they put in a few years of hard work and stayed away from trouble.

I'm not trying to bash the guy really. If his current lifestyle is what he wants then that's cool. I'm moreso bashing the guys who say stupid things and act like he's better off than guys like Dungey and Villopoto. He's not and he most likely never will be unless he's that lady in the news that just collected her lottery jackpot.
jbomx363
3/8/2018 1:55pm
Agn says it like I would, but a nicer version.

The Shop

ProKawi24
3/8/2018 2:37pm
I knew him personally for a couple years. He was cool with you 1 day and a prick the next. Haven't spoken to him in many years, don't care to. I'll leave it at that.
3/8/2018 2:53pm
gnarwhip wrote:
Seriously, this article was the first time in 8 years he's said he'd be willing to come back if the right ride came along. That's huge...
Seriously, this article was the first time in 8 years he's said he'd be willing to come back if the right ride came along. That's huge news.
dirtnapper wrote:
That's no news, you idiot. :pinch: He's NOT gonna make a comeback. 31 year olds who have won 3 pro races don't make pro comebacks. I'm...
That's no news, you idiot. Pinch

He's NOT gonna make a comeback. 31 year olds who have won 3 pro races don't make pro comebacks.

I'm sorry but your one of the dumbest posters on Vital.
Wish he’d come back just in spite of guys like you! lol!! And I loathed him when we were kids. Hated him. That’s what makes him marketable. He’s the fuckin Kardashian’s of moto. As much as I hate moto XXX if Jlaw lined up for outdoors with moto XXX shit, people would be wearing it and tootin the air horns when he went by.
3/8/2018 2:54pm Edited Date/Time 3/8/2018 2:58pm
ProKawi24 wrote:
I knew him personally for a couple years. He was cool with you 1 day and a prick the next. Haven't spoken to him in many...
I knew him personally for a couple years. He was cool with you 1 day and a prick the next. Haven't spoken to him in many years, don't care to. I'll leave it at that.
Yep. That’s how i remember him as a kid. That’s who he is tho. Either like him or hate him. Haha.

Agn...maybe for Jlaw he don’t give a shit about having a family or having kids or going on vacations ? That’s what awesome about humanity. Everyone does it differently and who has the most money at the end of the day isn’t always the winner of life. Atleast we can all live it how we wanna live it. Marketability isn’t strictly tied down to only GDP at the end of the day. you know him. I know him. Everyone knows him. Marketable.
brocster
3/8/2018 3:16pm
agn5009 wrote:
You think because 90% of about 20 Motocross fans here think he's a donkey that means he's marketable? Most here are talking about how much of...
You think because 90% of about 20 Motocross fans here think he's a donkey that means he's marketable? Most here are talking about how much of a fool he was.
agn5009 wrote:
He's popular amongst a certain group of fans. That doesn't mean he's marketable. The ones who spend real money on this sport aren't the "Bros" like...
He's popular amongst a certain group of fans. That doesn't mean he's marketable. The ones who spend real money on this sport aren't the "Bros" like you may think. Teenage kids thought he was cool and funny at the time because they're immature. The kids who thought he was cool and funny had parents who pay the bills. The parents who paid the bills thought he was a donkey. It's as simple as that. The vast majority don't like him and think he's a moron for squandering away such great talent.

The guy barely even had to train. All he had to do was not get in trouble and he would have most likely had a good career and made a really nice living. I don't know how he makes money now but I can guarantee he's not able to do "whatever he wants" like Dungey and Villopoto can. Those two made millions of dollars riding dirt bikes, retired very young and can do essentially anything. If they want to take a weeks vacation to the Caribbean they do it. If they want to buy a new fishing boat they do it. If they want to take their kids to Disney they do it. The possibilities are endless for them because they put in a few years of hard work and stayed away from trouble.

I'm not trying to bash the guy really. If his current lifestyle is what he wants then that's cool. I'm moreso bashing the guys who say stupid things and act like he's better off than guys like Dungey and Villopoto. He's not and he most likely never will be unless he's that lady in the news that just collected her lottery jackpot.
Life isn’t all about money...i’m sure he doesn’t give a shit about how villo and dungey are living theirs and surely doesn’t care about how YOU think he should have lived his. I still stand behind my words that he is still marketable and if he would return he’d have top 5 longest autograph line in the pits both young and old. Reminds me of Lechein and Healy and hey they are still marketable of sorts.
ruy
3/8/2018 3:30pm

kkawboy14
3/8/2018 3:35pm
agn5009 wrote:
He's popular amongst a certain group of fans. That doesn't mean he's marketable. The ones who spend real money on this sport aren't the "Bros" like...

brocster wrote:
Life isn’t all about money...i’m sure he doesn’t give a shit about how villo and dungey are living theirs and surely doesn’t care about how YOU...
Life isn’t all about money...i’m sure he doesn’t give a shit about how villo and dungey are living theirs and surely doesn’t care about how YOU think he should have lived his. I still stand behind my words that he is still marketable and if he would return he’d have top 5 longest autograph line in the pits both young and old. Reminds me of Lechein and Healy and hey they are still marketable of sorts.
Yeah I’m sure he would rather have that $39 in his pocket instead of $39 million!
brocster
3/8/2018 3:49pm
Shallow man! I’m sorry he wasted the talent of your dreams that you would have done or not done so much more with...
BobbyM
3/8/2018 4:01pm
Bidirella wrote:
Retired for years but every time his name comes up, he will be trending on vital for a week. He did something special and different and...
Retired for years but every time his name comes up, he will be trending on vital for a week. He did something special and different and everybody liked or hated it that much that he is still that populair.

He gets more hits and vieuws then Forkner winning Atlanta or Martin winning a main there, didnt even see a topic about him.
Retired? He fucking quit. He's a fucking quitter.
ruy
3/8/2018 5:42pm

akillerwombat
3/8/2018 6:04pm
Heaven forbid the dude throws a leg over a bike again and gives it a go... I couldn't think of anything worse for us as fans.
Forty
3/8/2018 6:36pm
BobbyM wrote:
Got a choice, you could be Dungey or law. Pick today. Uh huh
Dungey of course, I'd take Ryan's career over most any rider from any era except for maybe Roger.
brimx153
3/8/2018 7:24pm Edited Date/Time 3/8/2018 7:25pm
gnarwhip wrote:
"If the right ride came, I would come back". Holy shit. If I had a company with cash I would set that shit up right now...
"If the right ride came, I would come back". Holy shit. If I had a company with cash I would set that shit up right now. The media coverage alone would be worth it, regardless of how well he does.
Paging IB Corp... paging IB Corp.
Imagine Ryno rewiring his brain. He'd be fun to add to the mix, but that may be the best thing that could happen to him for...
Imagine Ryno rewiring his brain. He'd be fun to add to the mix, but that may be the best thing that could happen to him for his future self.
It would make one hell of a reality tv show
Lightning78
3/8/2018 7:54pm
BobbyM wrote:
Got a choice, you could be Dungey or law. Pick today. Uh huh
Forty wrote:
Dungey of course, I'd take Ryan's career over most any rider from any era except for maybe Roger.
Why? Roger is still working....Ryan never will have to unless hes bored
G-man
3/8/2018 8:48pm Edited Date/Time 3/8/2018 9:33pm
I've never been a hater to any professional motocross racer. ( Well maybe the Russian hitman Victor Popepenko when he took out Falta).

First time I saw Jason Lawrence was my one and only time to Lorretta Lynn's in 2004. I didn't even know who he was but all I know is that guy on the Suzuki was one of the smoothest and fastest Riders out there with some really creative lines on the track.

Yes it's been well documented on the mistakes he has made in his career but I don't know anyone who hasn't made any mistakes in their lifetime.

I do know that he was one of the first professionals to donate to Danny Magoo Chandler and that was pretty cool to me.

I do think the Motocross community in general missed out on what could have been an exciting rider to watch but he's a grown man and made his own decisions whether they were right or wrong he's the one that has to live with them.

He brought excitement to the arena and was like nobody else, that was part of the reason I was a fan. Jason had natural talent in spades kind of like Ron Lechein did yet nobody piled on the Dogger like they do Jason.

Yeah Ronnie did not do the stuff Jason did but Jason also did not try to sneak through Japanese customs with a bag of weed in his luggage while he was a member of Team Honda.

Both these Riders could have had much more successful careers if only they had buckled down and stayed focused. But I will not condemn them for that. There short but exciting careers was fun to watch and we all missed out on that whether you admit it or not.

drt410
3/8/2018 8:52pm
One thing Ive always wondered is why of all 3 digit numbers is 338 so popular. Many fast riders have had it at some point Zach Osborne being most recent I can think of. I dont think it would have anything to do with southwick but that is moto 338. Idk just something ive always wondered.
kawasa84
3/9/2018 2:55am
To those who say Lawrence isn't marketable, If J-Law showed up, and makes a main this year, I'll buy a new 2018 450 model of that bike at a dealer in my area. Stamp it.
None of you haters can keep me from doing that, and that is a guaranteed new bike sale if it happened.
So......the haters who say he's not marketable, Put Up........Or STFU!!
ruy
3/9/2018 3:02am

ruy
3/9/2018 5:00am
ruy
3/9/2018 5:02am

3/9/2018 5:22am
BobbyM wrote:
Fucking ten years ago, the rider he "powned" is a multi millionaire and fucking retired today, yea jlaw was a boss. Lmao
Accomplished a million times more than you and didn't even have to try. I'd rather be J-law than some cumchuggling spearmbeard crying about him on the internet ten years later.
mxb2
3/9/2018 5:29am
kawasa84 wrote:
To those who say Lawrence isn't marketable, If J-Law showed up, and makes a main this year, I'll buy a new 2018 450 model of that...
To those who say Lawrence isn't marketable, If J-Law showed up, and makes a main this year, I'll buy a new 2018 450 model of that bike at a dealer in my area. Stamp it.
None of you haters can keep me from doing that, and that is a guaranteed new bike sale if it happened.
So......the haters who say he's not marketable, Put Up........Or STFU!!
Your money is safe, it will never happen. Risky statement lol.
Donovan759
3/9/2018 5:55am
Squirrel, how about cleaning it up some?
I used to work with a guy named Squirrel. Our company fired him for being negative & disobeying authorities.

He went home that night, got drunk, fell asleep in the middle of smoking a cig, and lit his couch on fire. He then proceeded to pull the couch out of the house to make sure it didn't burn the rest of the house down.

You cant make this shit up...
3/9/2018 6:50am
Donovan759 wrote:
I used to work with a guy named Squirrel. Our company fired him for being negative & disobeying authorities. He went home that night, got drunk...
I used to work with a guy named Squirrel. Our company fired him for being negative & disobeying authorities.

He went home that night, got drunk, fell asleep in the middle of smoking a cig, and lit his couch on fire. He then proceeded to pull the couch out of the house to make sure it didn't burn the rest of the house down.

You cant make this shit up...
That’s a hard worker right there.

Post a reply to: Meta article about Jason Lawrence

The Latest