Meta article about Jason Lawrence

aeffertz
3/6/2018 5:37pm
Racer111 wrote:
To hell with all you guys and your negative bullshit. If I were a team, I’d sign him today. Dude would kill it outdoors.
BobbyM wrote:
Mortgage the house, thought so.
Let's just get MCR to give him an outdoor only deal since they only do SX at the moment and most of the field is injured anyway. Grinning

Actually an interesting thing to think about, seeing how someone like Blake Wharton is making a rerun to racing. I'd just hate to see either of them get hurt trying to be where they used to be.
3/6/2018 5:51pm
Wouldn't say that, pretty sure he had some good rides. Only one I recall though is the epic battle at Budds Creek in 07. Last time...
Wouldn't say that, pretty sure he had some good rides. Only one I recall though is the epic battle at Budds Creek in 07.

Last time he actually made a comeback he sucked though, so lets face it he's never gunna come back now.
Yeah he was one of the few that I believe could challenge RV outdoors on a 250, If I'm not mistaken JLaw won the opening moto of the 2008 season. The guy was fast as all hell, its a shame he never really figured it out but if he's enjoying himself then I guess it was all for the best.
bama205
3/6/2018 5:52pm
zehn wrote:
Who?
You don't know who J Law is ?
bama205
3/6/2018 5:53pm
zehn wrote:
Who?
The guy who almost won Daytona on a 450 in 2009. I'll never forget that race.
And he beat RD for a 250 title.

The Shop

plowboy
3/6/2018 5:55pm
Lol....he doesn't "care"....not doesn't "know".
bama205
3/6/2018 5:59pm
plowboy wrote:
Lol....he doesn't "care"....not doesn't "know".
I get the joke, it's just stupid.
3/6/2018 6:01pm
zehn wrote:
Who?
The guy who almost won Daytona on a 450 in 2009. I'll never forget that race.
bama205 wrote:
And he beat RD for a 250 title.
Just re watched it. Fastest qualifier against a stacked field. Stewart got a push start out of the first turn crash, which he caused!
ruy
3/6/2018 6:13pm

Sully
3/6/2018 6:47pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2018 6:48pm
Great article.

I was never a real fan, but there's no denying that he's, easily in the top 10 most naturally talented guys to ever race professionally.
3/6/2018 6:52pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2018 6:53pm
He’s still got more marketability than some current factory riders. and he don’t even race. Him and Stewart got a strangle hold on that side of things.

Hated him as a kid because he was a prick. But....everyone was a prick on a factory suzuki (besides millsapps, nicest talented kid on a dirtbike ). Maybe not a prick, but very cocky ? Lawrence was both. Prick and cocky. Ha. Hell, for where he’s at today and what he’s been through I respect that. And still riding....good on him.

Dungey might of retired a legend of the sport but Lawrence did what he wanted, when he wanted, however he wanted. Wonder if dungey even throws a leg over the bike—-probably has a panic attack just doing it. Poor dude probably can’t even enjoy riding a dirtbike. All that stress....

Lawrence didn’t have to train or do shit but get on a bike and kill it. Not sure if we will ever get another one like him.
mxb2
3/6/2018 6:58pm
He’s still got more marketability than some current factory riders. and he don’t even race. Him and Stewart got a strangle hold on that side of...
He’s still got more marketability than some current factory riders. and he don’t even race. Him and Stewart got a strangle hold on that side of things.

Hated him as a kid because he was a prick. But....everyone was a prick on a factory suzuki (besides millsapps, nicest talented kid on a dirtbike ). Maybe not a prick, but very cocky ? Lawrence was both. Prick and cocky. Ha. Hell, for where he’s at today and what he’s been through I respect that. And still riding....good on him.

Dungey might of retired a legend of the sport but Lawrence did what he wanted, when he wanted, however he wanted. Wonder if dungey even throws a leg over the bike—-probably has a panic attack just doing it. Poor dude probably can’t even enjoy riding a dirtbike. All that stress....

Lawrence didn’t have to train or do shit but get on a bike and kill it. Not sure if we will ever get another one like him.
Yea he really showed dungey lol. Top 5 of all time.
dirtnapper
3/6/2018 7:01pm
Racer111 wrote:
To hell with all you guys and your negative bullshit. If I were a team, I’d sign him today. Dude would kill it outdoors.
Laughing come on man!!
dkg
3/6/2018 7:14pm
Can’t understand the fascination with this twit. Sad to see such potential wasted.
SteveUrchin
Fantasy
930th
3/6/2018 7:14pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2018 7:15pm
This dude is my hero!
Motocross industry is lame compared to other action sports.
He wasn't scared to be himself I bet a good amount of riders smoke weed,drink have a good time when the time is right.
Natural talent something I can relate too but my family never had the money to make things happen for me I still love the sport but there isn't anymore raw or badass riders like Jason anymore bunch of cookie cutter mother fuckers like Newport Beach, fuckin robots!
3/6/2018 7:20pm
He’s still got more marketability than some current factory riders. and he don’t even race. Him and Stewart got a strangle hold on that side of...

Wow a prick and cocky, must be from winning 3 regional races and 1 regional title, which they don't even include in record counts.

Well he didn't do what he wanted or when he wanted, when he was serving time in jail.

That you even mention his name with Dungey is laughable.

Dungey 8 Championships 80 wins
JLaw 0 Championships 0 wins
JMR1976
3/6/2018 8:13pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2018 8:14pm
dkg wrote:
Can’t understand the fascination with this twit. Sad to see such potential wasted.
Can’t understand the fascination with people wanting to attack a person because they didn’t live up to there expectations of them. Maybe jealousy? I sure won’t find the answer on Vital.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
3/6/2018 8:17pm

Depends how you label marketability because there's almost no brand in the sport that would want to touch him at this point.

As for Dungey, the dude loves riding still. KTM guys were joking the other day how he called up Carlos during the West swing and was begging to get a bike just so he could go ride Supercross a couple days that week, so they got Morais test bike ready for him to burn motos on...just cause.
JMR1976
3/6/2018 8:29pm
ML512 wrote:
Depends how you label marketability because there's almost no brand in the sport that would want to touch him at this point. As for Dungey, the...
Depends how you label marketability because there's almost no brand in the sport that would want to touch him at this point.

As for Dungey, the dude loves riding still. KTM guys were joking the other day how he called up Carlos during the West swing and was begging to get a bike just so he could go ride Supercross a couple days that week, so they got Morais test bike ready for him to burn motos on...just cause.
Ever hear of Nate Diaz? There’s a market just not in moto. He could easily make money through ig and doing vids etc, if he wanted that.
Beeby
3/6/2018 8:36pm
ML512 wrote:
Depends how you label marketability because there's almost no brand in the sport that would want to touch him at this point. As for Dungey, the...

Dungey doesn’t have a current factory bike at his disposal? I’m really shocked at that.
make1go
3/6/2018 8:37pm
ruy wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/03/06/247900/s1200_45250_lawrence_anaheim1sx_2009_4834_400.jpg[/img]

I geuss everyone has of these pic of themselves? No one knows his story or why he did certain things but some here act as if he beat them up, stole their bike and rode off with their gf .
JHForman
3/6/2018 9:00pm
J-law and Mookie should form a team one for the indoors(Mookie) and J-law for the outdoors!!
mjskier
3/6/2018 9:17pm
Just so I am clear...has anyone read the full hard copy article? Was is worth the $21...?

META is a very nice coffee table kind of soft cover book. Great pics, interesting articles.
Not just MX/SX. They cover a lot of fringe stuff, (bike builders, interesting people they run into,...)
The photography is usually stunning.
You can read old issues online if you register. https://www.readmeta.com/magazine/

Sadly my wife ruined the only issue I ever bought (she overflowed the toilet I don't remember doing anything to piss her off at the time, but what are the chances??? :-)

rongi#401
3/7/2018 12:52am
Ryno did work w him and he won a lites title. And calling him a waste of talent is b s. He won a title, stuffed money away and retired before 30....sounds genius to me
rongi#401
3/7/2018 12:54am
ruy wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/03/06/247900/s1200_45250_lawrence_anaheim1sx_2009_4834_400.jpg[/img]

make1go wrote:
I geuss everyone has of these pic of themselves? No one knows his story or why he did certain things but some here act as if...
I geuss everyone has of these pic of themselves? No one knows his story or why he did certain things but some here act as if he beat them up, stole their bike and rode off with their gf .
Those things I'm sure happened to somePinch
make1go
3/7/2018 12:59am Edited Date/Time 3/7/2018 12:59am
ML512 wrote:

Why does a guy with a ton of money and contacts have to loan a bike? Seems he could own one there and loan it out to others...cause you know for 'us' if we love riding we have to work to buy then own to ride.
I geuss after so many years of being pandered to you expect privilege..
Not saying dunge is a bad guy but ive seen that style plenty and always went hmmmm.
Turbojez
3/7/2018 1:53am
ML512 wrote:

make1go wrote:
Why does a guy with a ton of money and contacts have to loan a bike? Seems he could own one there and loan it out...
Why does a guy with a ton of money and contacts have to loan a bike? Seems he could own one there and loan it out to others...cause you know for 'us' if we love riding we have to work to buy then own to ride.
I geuss after so many years of being pandered to you expect privilege..
Not saying dunge is a bad guy but ive seen that style plenty and always went hmmmm.
If you were in a position, where you had a contract with KTM, and you could either spend *30-50K on a bike, or ask for one to ride, which option would you choose?

*- guesstimate on a bike, suspension, and other goodies to make it meet RD's expectations.
ruy
3/7/2018 2:26am

Post a reply to: Meta article about Jason Lawrence

The Latest