MetLife Stadium experience

4/22/2014 12:56pm Edited Date/Time 4/22/2014 9:27pm
Anyone have any experience with MetLife? We are staying 3 miles from the stadium and just wanted any input. Sketchy part of town etc. we went to atlanta and wandered the streets buzzed up late back to the hotel several nights. On the way home we read the horror thread about the bad side of atlanta and felt lucky we had an easy going weekend. Trying to be a little bit smarter this go around on things to keep in mind.
Thanks
|
TanHner36
4/22/2014 3:44pm
It's a pretty shitty part of town but like anywhere really just keep to yourself. If you're drunk and belligerent enough to have someone give you trouble you most likely deserve it. Nowhere near as bad a Detroit that's for sure.
35smom
4/22/2014 5:11pm
Anyone have any experience with MetLife? We are staying 3 miles from the stadium and just wanted any input. Sketchy part of town etc. we went...
Anyone have any experience with MetLife? We are staying 3 miles from the stadium and just wanted any input. Sketchy part of town etc. we went to atlanta and wandered the streets buzzed up late back to the hotel several nights. On the way home we read the horror thread about the bad side of atlanta and felt lucky we had an easy going weekend. Trying to be a little bit smarter this go around on things to keep in mind.
Thanks
Where are you staying? Most towns around the stadium are not bad at all.
4/22/2014 5:25pm
Where are you staying? I was looking into booking a hotel, but wasn't sure where to book.
Premix4Life
Fantasy
1306th
4/22/2014 5:28pm
I'm very familiar with the area. TONS of shit shows around the stadium. Not to take away from the good areas… But generally speaking, I wouldn't be wondering around after SX Saturday night especially if you are taking your family.

The Shop

Brent
4/22/2014 5:47pm
Um, not a good idea to be walking around the Hoboken/ Newark area after dark.

Just go across the Hudson to NYC, little Italy or soho is a blast.
4/22/2014 6:00pm
And dont use some no name hotel to save a few dollars. Stay at a reputable place. There are alotta shitty places ard the stadium, but also probably some of the nices places in the world too! And i wouldnt bother going into nyc. Extremly expensive and a tourist trap. Drive a little and goto a shore town like belmar or seaside. Best girls on the planet...
4/22/2014 6:40pm
Yea dont use Priceline to save a buck. Learned the hard way headed to Toronto. Booked a place stateside and when we got there it was in the slums of Toronto. The only people staying at this hotel were shooting heroin into their arms. Graffiti everywhere. Canceled that booking and immediately booked at the Marriott close to the stadium.

Do your research ahead of time!!!
Camp332
4/22/2014 6:42pm
Brent wrote:
Um, not a good idea to be walking around the Hoboken/ Newark area after dark. Just go across the Hudson to NYC, little Italy or soho...

Hoboken is safe! Lots of great food and places to party.

Newark? Dont go to Newark.
mx510
Fantasy
1861st
4/22/2014 8:54pm
Its awesome when your team wins the Superbowl there! Smile
avidchimp
Fantasy
1102nd
4/22/2014 9:03pm
Brent wrote:
Um, not a good idea to be walking around the Hoboken/ Newark area after dark. Just go across the Hudson to NYC, little Italy or soho...

Camp332 wrote:
Hoboken is safe! Lots of great food and places to party.

Newark? Dont go to Newark.
This!! ^^^^^^
Marshj
4/22/2014 9:09pm
I just wondered around Hoboken and it's after dark.... Seemed more than safe to me, best town to live in single in the world. Go out here or in NYC soho/ LES afterwards. Both are a short train ride from MetLife. Spend the extra $59 to stay closer to town, you'll be glad you did. Night life is poor by MetLife.
scottt89
4/22/2014 9:27pm
I went to an event at MetLife last year. We stayed a few miles away at a LaQuinta Inn. The area wasn't bad at all, we did some walking to the local Target and some restaurants. I will tell you that it was a NIGHTMARE leaving the stadium. The hotel was cool enough to get taxi's for us to go but after the event it was almost impossible to get into a cab. We had to take the train the opposite direction and get a taxi to get us back home. The stadium was great, just not impressed with the transportation system at the stadium.

Post a reply to: MetLife Stadium experience

The Latest