Message from Steve Bruhn's family and funeral info

Related:
Create New Tag

5/9/2013 1:06 PM

Steve's brother, Mike, asked me to pass along this information from the Bruhn family:

The outpouring of love and affection for Steve from the moto community has been a source of comfort to us during this difficult time. We would like to thank everyone for all of the wonderful stories and memories of Steve that they shared, we know he would have loved them, also.

Services for Steve Bruhn will be held on Monday, May 13, 2013, at Fuqua-Bankston Funeral Home, 508 Faust Ave, Ozark, Alabama 36360, with visitation and viewing from 9:45 to 10:45 AM, followed by a funeral service at 11:00 AM.

People have inquired about what they can do to honor Steve, and we ask that in lieu of flowers, donations be made in his name to Loma Linda University Children's Hospital.

Donations can be mailed to:

In Memory of Steve Bruhn
LLUCH Foundation
PO Box 2000
Loma Linda, CA 92354

Please write "Steve Bruhn" or "TFS" on the check memo line.

Donations can also be made online by going to the following link:

In Memory of Steve Bruhn

Please write "In memory of Steve Bruhn", or "In memory of TFS" where it asks for the name of the program you wish to donate to. We thank you for honoring him in this way.

|

5/9/2013 1:11 PM

I'm driving up to Ozark on Sunday....damn you, Teefus, I know you're getting a kick out of making me drive there.....

|

Make sure you down vote!

Not affiliated with any company

5/9/2013 1:17 PM

flarider wrote:

I'm driving up to Ozark on Sunday....damn you, Teefus, I know you're getting a kick out of making me drive there.....

I feel your pain, Dave. Scott and I are taking a red-eye into Atlanta Sun night, then driving out to Ozark. I can see that shit-eating smirk across TFS's face as I type this! See you there

|

5/9/2013 1:35 PM

He was an asshole like that....he planned this, I know he did

Damn you, Bruhn, damn you and your evil plans

|

Make sure you down vote!

5/9/2013 1:41 PM

You Monkey's just be quiet and get there.

|

5/9/2013 2:08 PM

Well....I wish you guys the best on your trips and all. I know you guys knew him very well and me....not so much. The few times I did get to meet him , I was like " Holy hell.....it's friggin' TFS!!". That says something honestly. That a photographer / writer / many other things could be known so well. I have to pay my respects from behind a computer screen.....but I'll tell you what....it's a lot of respect! Over all these years of reading his posts , looking at his pictures , reading his articles and talking to him back and forth on different subjects......I felt like I knew him a little. Steve was a good dude....and I'll miss him.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Ezza is Da man!

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

5/9/2013 3:36 PM

I haven't absorb this yet, don't know how much time it will take to just accept the fact. Still feel an urge to PM him, or txt and call him out on this fraud, he's screwing with us, like another seat bounce thread, like it's a joke of some kind...

I'm glad his family felt the love. Ease some of my frustration as well despite I don't qualify as a close friend I think...

Life sux sometimes...

|

5/9/2013 5:24 PM

Thank you Bauer for the info.

|

5/9/2013 5:29 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Well....I wish you guys the best on your trips and all. I know you guys knew him very well and me....not so much. The few ...more

Very nice post.

Steve and Dave, I hope you understand that you are also driving for the rest of us who won't be able to make it, thanks and sorry.

|

5/9/2013 6:48 PM

Bump for the Slackers!

|

5/9/2013 7:02 PM

I'm taking TFS to California with me in the morning. Got him in my wallet. He's going to help cover the 77 Fox team reunion.

|

5/9/2013 7:39 PM

I wonder if Decal Works or someone could make a full set, especially a number plate one that says "TFS" in time and if the family would allow it to be adhered to his casket?

Just seems right

|

Make sure you down vote!

5/9/2013 9:30 PM

flarider wrote:

I wonder if Decal Works or someone could make a full set, especially a number plate one that says "TFS" in time and if the ...more

You know what Dave....I am having a new full helmet wrap done up by LG1 graphics here in the nest week or so. I held back a little on my order , but am going to ask the guy if he can incorporate the TFS logo into my helmet design. I think of it as a tribute...to guy who helped "start it all" with this MX moto board stuff. Good luck on your trip and remember you have about a 1000 other guys on here that wish they could be there with you guys. I'd love to pay my respects in person but it's just not possible for me at the moment.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Ezza is Da man!

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

5/10/2013 12:46 AM

I just found out a few minutes ago. I havent been on the boards much lately.

Im in shock. TFS will be sorely missed. He's one of the "old guard". A character that will never be duplicated.

A large piece of Motodrive/Vital history has been lost. And hopefully not forgotten.

|

Part of Speech: Noun

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.

Usage: Slang

5/10/2013 10:59 AM

When TFS wrote something you read it, when he said something you listened, when he shot something you looked. The world is a less interesting and more boring place without Teef. I say the world, because even northern Europe is less interesting and more boring without Teef. Teef, you are missed, it is amazing that I and so many others feel like we lost a close friend, even though most of us only met you briefly at the races. Thank you for being so generous with your ideas, articles, arguments, photos and your person over the years, it will all be greatly missed. R.I.P dear friend!

|

5/10/2013 1:16 PM

This was a "Wow" moment...

Someone performing some research into the origins of MX on the internet recently contacted me about laying their hands on some of the Whip It! 'issues' from BITD. There's a couple of problems with that. The way internet content works is that it is always changing, so, unless you take a snapshot of all of the files on the site every day, you tend to lose the content as time marches on. Second, no one had even attempted to dig into these files in quite some time. Eventually we located a backup CD that did have a bunch of the stuff and we started converting them to PDFs to provide the guy and also so that we could keep a more enduring record of Whip It!. (Now I know Scottie has a bunch of hard-copy printed out in a box somewhere he keeps telling me about. Scottie?).

Anyway, look what we ran across. I'd forgotten, but I guess Teef actually contributed at least one story to Whip It! back in the day. The hyperlinks are broken, the style sheet is missing and any photos embedded are missing, but the text still formats. I loaded on my work server:

1996 Montreal SX Race Report

I'll be looking for more as we go through this stuff.

|

5/11/2013 2:25 AM

J.F.S wrote:

When TFS wrote something you read it, when he said something you listened, when he shot something you looked. The world is a ...more

Word!

|

5/11/2013 3:16 PM

I wish I would've met him. I guess I need to meet more members from here, so I don't miss out. I'll be at Thunder Valley, so if any of you guys are going, let me know and I'll buy you a beer.

|

5/11/2013 4:02 PM

I found I have one TFS sticker, so I will take it on the ride with me to Ozark, BFE

|

Make sure you down vote!

5/13/2013 10:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/13/2013 1:35 PM

Bauer just sent this...sorry It's saved right but will only show up here sideways?

Photo

(EDIT- MXerDW to fix picture)

|

5/13/2013 3:21 PM

Sondy132001 wrote:

Bauer just sent this...sorry It's saved right but will only show up here sideways?

Photo

(EDIT- MXerDW to fix picture)

Thanks for posting this Sondy.

RIP Steve.

|

5/13/2013 7:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/14/2013 4:37 AM

TFS has officially left the building. It was hard saying goodbye to such a close friend....very hard. Steve from Motohose, Dave from Engine Ice, Steve Bauer, Stefy Bau (if you don't know where she is from you shouldn't be here...she is one of the GREATS), Julie, nmanley, High School friends, a world champion moustache grower (seriously...he is), and a bunch of others all made the long trip to Alabama to say good-bye to Bruhn. It was great meet and see so many awesome people, though I hated the circumstance.

You had to just know that a TFS sticker would be placed appropriately. I think he wanted it there and would have put there himself!

Photo

|

5/15/2013 2:41 PM

One time in the late 90's ( I think), I was at Loretta's in the scoring tower thingey and I admired Steve's hat.

He instantly took it of his head and put it on mine. I liked that and I liked Steve.

Good dude. Godspeed, TFS.Photo

|

5/15/2013 2:51 PM

That is the image I'll always remember of Steve there Rup. I thought he actually looked healthier there than the leaner "healthier" Steve. First time I met him I introduced myself at the ATL SX as a MN member and it was like we'd been friends for years.

|

5/15/2013 2:56 PM

Saw Steve and said hi a couple of times at Millville including the infamous 1111 jersey days.... remember something my uncle told me...

When you leave this earth leave it better than it was when you got here and make a positive impact to others while you are here.

Mission accomplished Mr. Bruhn

Didn't post on the other threads, I just didn't have the right words you know.

God Speed Steve you will always be with all of us.

|

5/15/2013 3:04 PM

Very nice of you guys to travel to Steve's service. He was a pioneer and should be in the Motocross Hall of Fame of Journalism.

He will be missed, but not forgotten.

RIP TFS.......

|

5/15/2013 7:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/15/2013 7:53 PM

G-man wrote:

Very nice of you guys to travel to Steve's service. He was a pioneer and should be in the Motocross Hall of Fame of ...more

Read this Gary (especially the last paragraph):

http://www.motocrossmx1.com/?type=News&newsID=3389&title=Remembering+Steve+Bruhn#.UY7yWHyX1rg.facebook

|

5/16/2013 8:39 AM

Thanks for the info ED, that is awesome they did that and very deserving.
The Steve Bruhn name lives in legacy now.

|