Memo to "The Professor"

bonseff
Edited Date/Time 5/20/2012 5:54am
Those who can't do, speculate.
|
Hut
5/19/2012 6:06pm Edited Date/Time 5/19/2012 6:06pm
Bubba seems to be keeping the clutch finger intact lately not sure of his foot positioning yet but...
bonseff
5/19/2012 6:13pm
Yea, maybe if dude attended more of Bailey's schools than "ONCE" as he put it, the record books would be destroyed by now. For real I tried to keep an open mind while I read that bullshit, but it came off as so arrogant.
bonseff
5/19/2012 6:31pm
RV's technique is something that old man knows nothing about. Specifically RV's corner speed. But dude can pretend to act like it and pimp his school. I mean really, who the fuck want's to learn from a pro that was marginally successful in the 70's?

Dude whacks a kid's knuckles like its catholic school? For real, is it just me or was that article a desperate attempt at relevance?
EastFlorida
5/19/2012 6:45pm
Those of you bagging on GB must have never met the man or spent any time with him...

Just sayin'

The Shop

bobby397
5/19/2012 6:50pm
bonseff wrote:
RV's technique is something that old man knows nothing about. Specifically RV's corner speed. But dude can pretend to act like it and pimp his school...
RV's technique is something that old man knows nothing about. Specifically RV's corner speed. But dude can pretend to act like it and pimp his school. I mean really, who the fuck want's to learn from a pro that was marginally successful in the 70's?

Dude whacks a kid's knuckles like its catholic school? For real, is it just me or was that article a desperate attempt at relevance?
whatcha know about the knuckle busting? shit hurt
bonseff
5/19/2012 6:53pm
By meeting him or not meeting him doesn't change his Stewart crit, and then today's 1-1 result. I'm sure he is a great old school moto head, but needs to stay in his lane. Pulling random screenshots is not a lecture, Professor.
EastFlorida
5/19/2012 6:55pm
bonseff wrote:
By meeting him or not meeting him doesn't change his Stewart crit, and then today's 1-1 result. I'm sure he is a great old school moto...
By meeting him or not meeting him doesn't change his Stewart crit, and then today's 1-1 result. I'm sure he is a great old school moto head, but needs to stay in his lane. Pulling random screenshots is not a lecture, Professor.
You are wrong... enough said. Anyone with any time in this sport knows the credentials of GB...
zippy895
5/19/2012 6:57pm
teacher see's something missing in the makeup of one of his star pupil. he also realizes that if he put pupil in front of class,he may listen.
teacher presents an example of another that achieved what star pupil is gunning for.
now its up to star pupil to take constructive criticism or nothing.end of story.
carry on tards.
Sully
5/19/2012 6:58pm
bonseff wrote:
RV's technique is something that old man knows nothing about. Specifically RV's corner speed. But dude can pretend to act like it and pimp his school...

Seems to me that the Lakers and Heat are doing pretty well learning from a "pro that was marginally successful in the 70's".
bonseff
5/19/2012 7:03pm
bonseff wrote:
By meeting him or not meeting him doesn't change his Stewart crit, and then today's 1-1 result. I'm sure he is a great old school moto...
You are wrong... enough said. Anyone with any time in this sport knows the credentials of GB...
My time in this sport began in '84 on a kx80. And yes, I question the credentials of GB.
bultokid
5/19/2012 7:04pm
bonseff wrote:
Or post stupid shit on Vital
es337
5/19/2012 7:07pm
bonseff wrote:
bultokid wrote:
what are you his brother or something?
newmann
5/19/2012 7:07pm
bonseff wrote:
Yea, maybe if dude attended more of Bailey's schools than "ONCE" as he put it, the record books would be destroyed by now. For real I...
Yea, maybe if dude attended more of Bailey's schools than "ONCE" as he put it, the record books would be destroyed by now. For real I tried to keep an open mind while I read that bullshit, but it came off as so arrogant.
What exactly did he say that was wrong?
bonseff
5/19/2012 7:08pm
bonseff wrote:
bultokid wrote:
Hardly think this is "stupid shit" - trivial maybe.
es337
5/19/2012 7:11pm Edited Date/Time 5/19/2012 7:12pm
newmann wrote:
He mistakenly thinks he is in a position to tell jstew how to be better, all the while hyping up rv.
newmann
5/19/2012 7:13pm
newmann wrote:
es337 wrote:
He mistakenly thinks he is in a position to tell jstew how to be better, all the while hyping up rv.
So, what exactly did he say that was wrong?
bonseff
bonseff wrote:
Yea, maybe if dude attended more of Bailey's schools than "ONCE" as he put it, the record books would be destroyed by now. For real I...
newmann wrote:
http://www.racerxvt.com/article/js7---what-i-see

::Use the damn clutch!
This is personal with Stewart and me. Stewart came to ONE of my schools when he was on 85s and I gave him a tap on the knuckles with my stick for not using his clutch as I have with hundreds of riders over the years. Stewart got mad and told his dad, Big James, and also later told a magazine about it in an interview. How did Big James react? Big James told him he should have had his finger on the clutch.

ONE of my schools?
the_wood109
I've been to one of his schools, and I can say his teaching style consists of being a dick to the people that are paying him. The guy always has been and will be a toolbag in my eyes. I have first hand experience with it.

Another gem of insight that he dropped at that school was that "RC will never be as fast as Pastrana because he doesn't use the clutch as much."
EastFlorida
5/19/2012 7:14pm
bonseff wrote:
bonseff wrote:
My time in this sport began in '84 on a kx80. And yes, I question the credentials of GB.
My time began in 1979 on a YZ100. I've met GB, DB and attended his school in addition to meeting many others. You can have your opinion, but until you speak with the man or spend time with him, I believe you are speaking from an uneducated position.

It is easy to throw stones toward an opinion you may disagree with, but until you understand the position from which it comes, you are discrediting yourself...
newmann
5/19/2012 7:15pm
bonseff wrote:
newmann wrote:
bonseff wrote:
http://www.racerxvt.com/article/js7---what-i-see ::Use the damn clutch! This is personal with Stewart and me. Stewart came to ONE of my schools when he was on 85s and I...

This is personal with Stewart and me. Stewart came to ONE of my schools when he was on 85s and I gave him a tap on the knuckles with my stick for not using his clutch as I have with hundreds of riders over the years. Stewart got mad and told his dad, Big James, and also later told a magazine about it in an interview. How did Big James react? Big James told him he should have had his finger on the clutch.

ONE of my schools?
So, Stewart actually went to TWO of his schools?
Dano39
5/19/2012 7:18pm
newmann wrote:
es337 wrote:
newmann wrote:
He said it is ESSENTIAL to use the clutch for bike control and that James doesn't use it! He told that to James, big and little, when James was on 85's!! And said it effects him to this day! And that's the reason he crashes so much.

Now, after he said that way back then... JAMES went on to be the most dominant rider ever on a 125!!! And quite successful on a 450. Obviously James has other issues than the lack of his clutch usage!

See how his advice doesn't add up with REALITY.
jmar
5/19/2012 7:18pm
The professor couldn't teach James anything. The professor has a habit of grabbing those who are already well developed riders and taking credit for their success.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
5/19/2012 7:22pm
"The Professor" got lots of publicity for his school on this one. lol
bonseff
5/19/2012 7:24pm
God damnit I am a fan of the sport. I thought Gary Bailey's hacky crit needed a crit of it's own. Today at Hangtown proved it.
chrisbuehler
5/19/2012 7:25pm
jmar wrote:
The professor couldn't teach James anything. The professor has a habit of grabbing those who are already well developed riders and taking credit for their success.
It's fucking James Stewart. Yeah he needs your advice oldman
bultokid
5/19/2012 7:26pm
jmar wrote:
It's fucking James Stewart. Yeah he needs your advice oldman
But what if it was Chuck Norris ???
mxb2
5/19/2012 7:29pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
"The Professor" got lots of publicity for his school on this one. lol
So did Wendys LOL!
Sherwood
5/19/2012 7:30pm Edited Date/Time 5/19/2012 7:31pm
bonseff wrote:
newmann wrote:
bonseff wrote:
http://www.racerxvt.com/article/js7---what-i-see ::Use the damn clutch! This is personal with Stewart and me. Stewart came to ONE of my schools when he was on 85s and I...

ONE of my schools?
Big James loaded up and left right after the knuckle hit, never went back to another of his schools and the guys mad.
wreckitrandy
5/19/2012 7:34pm
I saw James riding with his finger on the clutch a whole lot in the first moto. Maybe he should shoot Bailey an 'open' thank you letter. Oh, and memo to 'The Professor',,,,,, maybe you should wait until after the fact to state your opinion. You know, like all the never have, wanna be, fan boys on here.
rcm406
5/19/2012 7:35pm
newmann wrote:
es337 wrote:
newmann wrote:
Basically said james does everything wrong on a bike and RV does everything right.DryBlink I lost alot of respect for GB when I read that article!

Post a reply to: Memo to "The Professor"

The Latest