Melross? Another mechanical?

TheWeapon
Fantasy
51st
1/8/2017 12:50am
Saw him put his hand up and pull off on the 1st or 2nd lap while running 3rd in the 250 main....guy hasn't had much luck with mechanical DNFs
|
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2425th
1/8/2017 12:57am
Electrical problem I have been told.

That sucked nearly as much as the Aus-X Open,

Actually he might even be more bummed with this one. He has said himself he still struggles with putting down one flying lap in qualifying, but had his best Qualifying result today and could have went on to hold down a top five tonight or better.

Out qualified his team mate, Bowers which was great in itself.

He is a good starter, hopefully a few top 5s or even a podium this season
zehn
1/8/2017 1:00am Edited Date/Time 1/8/2017 1:01am
Yeah I saw him running really well in his heat and was stoked to see him get a great start in the main. His bike just quit right in the middle of the first rhythm section. He coasted it off the track, threw it against the berm right in front of where we were sitting, and stormed off the floor. Definitely disappointing.
1/8/2017 1:02am
aaryn #234 wrote:
Electrical problem I have been told. That sucked nearly as much as the Aus-X Open, Actually he might even be more bummed with this one. He...

Actually he might even be more bummed with this one. He has said himself he still struggles with putting down one flying lap in qualifying, but had his best Qualifying result today and could have went on to hold down a top five tonight or better.

How does an electrical problem happen,been riding for 15 years and apart from a fouled plug,never had an electrical problem,so is it just really really bad luck,or did someone just fuck up?
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2425th
1/8/2017 1:05am
aaryn #234 wrote:
Electrical problem I have been told. That sucked nearly as much as the Aus-X Open, Actually he might even be more bummed with this one. He...

How does an electrical problem happen,been riding for 15 years and apart from a fouled plug,never had an electrical problem,so is it just really really bad...
How does an electrical problem happen,been riding for 15 years and apart from a fouled plug,never had an electrical problem,so is it just really really bad luck,or did someone just fuck up?
Who knows, maybe when him an Phil come together in the turn something got squished, ripped, broken off, but it happens.

Never had one myself. Thought I did with my 09 Honda, turned out to be a tiny little stone stuck in my fuel pump that jammed it up!

Stange shit can happen with machines.

The Shop

Crush
1/8/2017 1:08am
Electrical problem is code for we sucked a valve.
1/8/2017 1:26am
Crush wrote:
Yeah,seems every time a bike shits its self ëlectrical issue"what a load of shit
Row596
1/8/2017 3:13am
Felt soo bad for the dude! He will bounce back though
1/8/2017 3:18am
Actually this was the biggest disappointment for the 250's. I was watching him in the tunnel at AusX when it let go and when I saw that I was shit not again! Feeling for the guy
mx216
1/8/2017 7:28am
Crush wrote:
Yeah,seems every time a bike shits its self ëlectrical issue"what a load of shit
Its not unheard of to have electrical problems. What did you do to the last light bulb that burnt out in your house? Probably nothing, it was just it's time to go. It's all man made stuff, bound to have issues at some point unfortunately with how much electrical is on the bikes these days. It could be something as small as his his map sensor got moisture in it, or even something dumb like the spark plug cap. Martin had electrical problems on his Yami at Glen Helen, and Marvin had electrical problems at Indiana on his bike. They were both legitimate electrical problems so if they can happen to top teams, why is it a bullshit lie it happened to Melross.
Trav138
1/8/2017 7:55am
Don't you guys know!! It's always "electrical" whether it is or isn't lol. This has been the standard response for decades for mechanical DNF's.
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
1/8/2017 8:52am
He might of been bummed out, but handling it like he did was a poor decision.
Stoop
Fantasy
1021st
1/8/2017 9:42am
langhammx wrote:
Did you see him lose the Aus Sx title a month ago because he's bike blew on the last lap?
tek14
1/8/2017 9:54am
langhammx wrote:
Stoop wrote:
Did you see him lose the Aus Sx title a month ago because he's bike blew on the last lap?
Did he take that one better?
jhansen510
Fantasy
3559th
1/8/2017 10:05am
Those yamis are known to have issues.
1/8/2017 1:41pm
mx216 wrote:
Its not unheard of to have electrical problems. What did you do to the last light bulb that burnt out in your house? Probably nothing, it...
Its not unheard of to have electrical problems. What did you do to the last light bulb that burnt out in your house? Probably nothing, it was just it's time to go. It's all man made stuff, bound to have issues at some point unfortunately with how much electrical is on the bikes these days. It could be something as small as his his map sensor got moisture in it, or even something dumb like the spark plug cap. Martin had electrical problems on his Yami at Glen Helen, and Marvin had electrical problems at Indiana on his bike. They were both legitimate electrical problems so if they can happen to top teams, why is it a bullshit lie it happened to Melross.
I dont think i can even recall any of the guys that i ride with over the years having issues,so could a bike thats pulled down every few hours and maintained to a standard well above that of a weekend warrior suddenly have an electrical issue,
1/8/2017 1:54pm
langhammx wrote:
Stoop wrote:
tek14 wrote:
Did he take that one better?
Yeah he did. I would have been asking for a ciggy lighter from the stands
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
1/8/2017 2:19pm
Stoop wrote:
Yes I did. I felt terrible for him, but throwing his bike down like a baby and stomping off didn't make me feel bad for him one bit. Emotions are a mother fvcker and I could've done the same if I was in his shoes, but he's gotta learn to control his.... I happen to know Carlos, the owner of his team, and I don't think he's going to be too happy about the way he handled it. It's just my opinion.
1/8/2017 4:40pm
Trav138 wrote:
Don't you guys know!! It's always "electrical" whether it is or isn't lol. This has been the standard response for decades for mechanical DNF's.
Yep, in the old days it was "the con-rod knocked the distributor cap off" lol

Post a reply to: Melross? Another mechanical?

The Latest