Media/injury strateegory

FI2T
3/24/2017 9:14pm
What's with SOME riders disappearing act when injured? The radio silence has to be rough on sponsors. I don't get what riders/teams gain by hiding out.
|
mark_swart
3/25/2017 10:16am
I think the same thing. Unless injuries are severe, there are plenty of marketing and PR things they could be doing to help their sponsors. Nobody gains anything when they disappear, other than maybe protecting their egos a bit?

I'll do you one better, imagine if there was a top tier rider who had his own gear line, along with sponsored riders wearing said gear, and he essentially disappeared? Not the greatest long-term brand strategy for the company or the athlete...
Wade221
3/25/2017 10:25am
mark_swart wrote:
I think the same thing. Unless injuries are severe, there are plenty of marketing and PR things they could be doing to help their sponsors. Nobody...
I think the same thing. Unless injuries are severe, there are plenty of marketing and PR things they could be doing to help their sponsors. Nobody gains anything when they disappear, other than maybe protecting their egos a bit?

I'll do you one better, imagine if there was a top tier rider who had his own gear line, along with sponsored riders wearing said gear, and he essentially disappeared? Not the greatest long-term brand strategy for the company or the athlete...
Tread lightly, Mark

Post a reply to: Media/injury strateegory

The Latest