Media Blackout

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
Edited Date/Time 6/8/2018 12:08pm
Someone at RacerX took full advantage of the opportunity!

https://racerxbrand.com/collections/featured/products/media-blackout
|
ttugrad1793
6/7/2018 10:44am
i have followed Motocross since 1978 but admittedly didn't follow much in late '90s-early 00s.

Saying that, I remain completely dumbfounded how the "journalism" arm of this sport works so tirelessly to absolutely disparage, make fun of, and insult their very customers (the readers). At the same time, they completely block any information on riders/teams unless the riders/teams tell them that it's OK, and they freely admit this.

Yeah, the shirt gives you a chuckle, but the message behind it is "God, you guys are stupid. Yup - it was a "Media Blackout!! Stupid conspiracy loons...."
HenryA
6/7/2018 10:51am
That's cute that they're trying to sell some shirts to make up for the lost ad revenue.
milliebays
6/7/2018 10:55am
brilliant. i'd buy that.

can we get one with a syringe too?

The Shop

mb
6/7/2018 11:08am
Since they're the only ones that provide coverage I think I'll pick up a shirt in support.
6/7/2018 11:09am
So doed the orginal poster on here get royalties? Since they ripped it off from here.
500guy
6/7/2018 11:15am
So doed the orginal poster on here get royalties? Since they ripped it off from here.
what word did he invent , Media or Blackout?

Twostroke = Uptight Tightwads
6/7/2018 11:29am
It was his idea not the words they took his idea and turned it into a shirt you follow.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
6/7/2018 11:30am
It was his idea not the words they took his idea and turned it into a shirt you follow.
It was such a stupid idea he deserves to be made fun of, publicly.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
6/7/2018 11:33am
I'd buy one.
peelout
6/7/2018 11:37am
i heard they buried a stack of them under the huge booters at GH, along with GrapeApe's cell phone
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
6/7/2018 11:38am Edited Date/Time 6/7/2018 11:42am
I bought one. Cool Guy B should make one that says "Vitard" they would sell out.
zehn
6/7/2018 11:41am
i have followed Motocross since 1978 but admittedly didn't follow much in late '90s-early 00s. Saying that, I remain completely dumbfounded how the "journalism" arm of...
i have followed Motocross since 1978 but admittedly didn't follow much in late '90s-early 00s.

Saying that, I remain completely dumbfounded how the "journalism" arm of this sport works so tirelessly to absolutely disparage, make fun of, and insult their very customers (the readers). At the same time, they completely block any information on riders/teams unless the riders/teams tell them that it's OK, and they freely admit this.

Yeah, the shirt gives you a chuckle, but the message behind it is "God, you guys are stupid. Yup - it was a "Media Blackout!! Stupid conspiracy loons...."
Don’t be a snowflake. How about that?
ttugrad1793
6/7/2018 1:58pm
i have followed Motocross since 1978 but admittedly didn't follow much in late '90s-early 00s. Saying that, I remain completely dumbfounded how the "journalism" arm of...

zehn wrote:
LOL - and this is why they keep doing it.
Keep it up, bro-tato.
6/7/2018 2:11pm Edited Date/Time 6/7/2018 2:12pm

Something as stupid as suggesting there is a media black out on a race that means absolutely nothing deserves to be made fun of. Props to Racer X for having a sense of humour, I'd suggest you look into it.
ttugrad1793
6/7/2018 2:17pm Edited Date/Time 6/7/2018 2:19pm

Something as stupid as suggesting there is a media black out on a race that means absolutely nothing deserves to be made fun of. Props to...
Something as stupid as suggesting there is a media black out on a race that means absolutely nothing deserves to be made fun of. Props to Racer X for having a sense of humour, I'd suggest you look into it.
my comment flew ENTIRELY over your head, didn't it?
6/7/2018 2:25pm

Something as stupid as suggesting there is a media black out on a race that means absolutely nothing deserves to be made fun of. Props to...
How so? What am I missing here? To say they are going out of their way to not cover the race is complete asinine and making fun of the people who think that while a bit childish, in my opinion, is justified. What part went over my head? Hard to read people's tone through text.
Jrewing
6/7/2018 2:38pm

zehn wrote:
LOL - and this is why they keep doing it.
Keep it up, bro-tato.
Bro-tato. Holy shit that's funny
olds cool
6/7/2018 2:43pm
They should have done one that said:

MX Sports: Home of the Jug Ring

WinkTongueLaughingSilly
oldblood
6/7/2018 3:14pm
GrapeApe wrote:
It was such a stupid idea he deserves to be made fun of, publicly.
Was it?
I could explain many reasons why it wasn't, but why ruin the hate mojo.
ttugrad1793
6/7/2018 3:23pm
How so? What am I missing here? To say they are going out of their way to not cover the race is complete asinine and making...
How so? What am I missing here? To say they are going out of their way to not cover the race is complete asinine and making fun of the people who think that while a bit childish, in my opinion, is justified. What part went over my head? Hard to read people's tone through text.
allright, respectful response deserves a respectful answer.

They (moto-press) absolutely went out of their way to not cover the race, as the journalists on this very site said they "forgot" the race was even happening and didn't cover it. Then DC said it was "logistical problems" that kept them from even posting the race results. Keep in mind that we get a 3 minute recap of the 50SX race in Supercross. Then when called out about it, they yawned, called all of the readers idiots for even suggesting that they weren't interested, and clipped comments stating otherwise (I expect this one to be gone shortly).

On a deeper level, we have the thread about the rider getting hit with a WADA violation. The owners of this site (moto-press) know who it is and have said so repeatedly. Then they admonish anyone for guessing and preface it with (paraphrased) "Quit being stupid. When we know something, we'll post something." But isn't that the POINT of journalism? Ask questions? Post what is known? Dig for the story?

I love this site and check it 10x day, but I have been absolutely dumbfounded as to how a business that makes its money on READERS, can spend so much energy making fun of those very readers and refusing to post the NEWS that its READERS want to read. Then when questioned, they double down with making fun of those asking the questions, and continue the blackout on information until the powers that be (I assume) give them the go-ahead.

It's beyond strange.
Frank
6/7/2018 3:37pm
Someone should design a T-Shirt that depicts those in the moto media. I'd buy that!

The Godfather of moto podcasts

The drama queen

The total dork

The Im more relevant since I stopped racing guy

The don't talk about my friends that way guy

Langston for President

etc.........
6/7/2018 3:43pm
allright, respectful response deserves a respectful answer. They (moto-press) absolutely went out of their way to not cover the race, as the journalists on this very...
allright, respectful response deserves a respectful answer.

They (moto-press) absolutely went out of their way to not cover the race, as the journalists on this very site said they "forgot" the race was even happening and didn't cover it. Then DC said it was "logistical problems" that kept them from even posting the race results. Keep in mind that we get a 3 minute recap of the 50SX race in Supercross. Then when called out about it, they yawned, called all of the readers idiots for even suggesting that they weren't interested, and clipped comments stating otherwise (I expect this one to be gone shortly).

On a deeper level, we have the thread about the rider getting hit with a WADA violation. The owners of this site (moto-press) know who it is and have said so repeatedly. Then they admonish anyone for guessing and preface it with (paraphrased) "Quit being stupid. When we know something, we'll post something." But isn't that the POINT of journalism? Ask questions? Post what is known? Dig for the story?

I love this site and check it 10x day, but I have been absolutely dumbfounded as to how a business that makes its money on READERS, can spend so much energy making fun of those very readers and refusing to post the NEWS that its READERS want to read. Then when questioned, they double down with making fun of those asking the questions, and continue the blackout on information until the powers that be (I assume) give them the go-ahead.

It's beyond strange.
Well I have no argument, it appears your post did go over my head. Thanks for the clarification and I apologize for coming across as an asshole.. I'm doing that a lot today, I think I need a bit of a Vital break.
slipdog
6/7/2018 3:51pm
You guys with your rational, well thought out and civilized discussions are really f*&king up the vibe in here. Get to being assholes or GTFO!!!!
oldblood
6/7/2018 3:51pm Edited Date/Time 6/7/2018 3:56pm
Check out a thread titled "125 Dreamrace Results from Hangtown? "
Posted 5-21-17 by DE262. Many of the comments are identical to this year. 500 guy even used the " 3 guys give a shit" comment. Many of the reasons for lack of coverage are the same as this year. Might want to check it out before it gets, ,,,,,

Edit: I saved the pages
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
6/7/2018 3:57pm
Frank wrote:
Someone should design a T-Shirt that depicts those in the moto media. I'd buy that! The Godfather of moto podcasts The drama queen The total dork...
Someone should design a T-Shirt that depicts those in the moto media. I'd buy that!

The Godfather of moto podcasts

The drama queen

The total dork

The Im more relevant since I stopped racing guy

The don't talk about my friends that way guy

Langston for President

etc.........
The Flowing Golden Locks Guy

Post a reply to: Media Blackout

The Latest