Media Blackout

Related:
Create New Tag

6/7/2018 10:39 AM

Someone at RacerX took full advantage of the opportunity!

https://racerxbrand.com/collections/featured/products/media-blackout

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

6/7/2018 10:44 AM

i have followed Motocross since 1978 but admittedly didn't follow much in late '90s-early 00s.

Saying that, I remain completely dumbfounded how the "journalism" arm of this sport works so tirelessly to absolutely disparage, make fun of, and insult their very customers (the readers). At the same time, they completely block any information on riders/teams unless the riders/teams tell them that it's OK, and they freely admit this.

Yeah, the shirt gives you a chuckle, but the message behind it is "God, you guys are stupid. Yup - it was a "Media Blackout!! Stupid conspiracy loons...."

|

6/7/2018 10:51 AM

That's cute that they're trying to sell some shirts to make up for the lost ad revenue.

|

KX125

6/7/2018 10:55 AM

brilliant. i'd buy that.

can we get one with a syringe too?

|

6/7/2018 11:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/7/2018 11:30 AM

We still don’t know why Larry Wosick was sent home over 40 years ago

|

What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.

6/7/2018 11:08 AM

Since they're the only ones that provide coverage I think I'll pick up a shirt in support.

|

6/7/2018 11:09 AM

So doed the orginal poster on here get royalties? Since they ripped it off from here.

|

6/7/2018 11:14 AM

You know I got one!

|

6/7/2018 11:15 AM

SmokinJoe439 wrote:

So doed the orginal poster on here get royalties? Since they ripped it off from here.

what word did he invent , Media or Blackout?

Twostroke = Uptight Tightwads

|

6/7/2018 11:29 AM

It was his idea not the words they took his idea and turned it into a shirt you follow.

|

6/7/2018 11:30 AM

SmokinJoe439 wrote:

It was his idea not the words they took his idea and turned it into a shirt you follow.

It was such a stupid idea he deserves to be made fun of, publicly.

|

6/7/2018 11:33 AM

I'd buy one.

|

6/7/2018 11:37 AM

i heard they buried a stack of them under the huge booters at GH, along with GrapeApe's cell phone

|

6/7/2018 11:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/7/2018 11:42 AM

I bought one. cool Guy B should make one that says "Vitard" they would sell out.

|

Ed Johnson

6/7/2018 11:41 AM

ttugrad1793 wrote:

i have followed Motocross since 1978 but admittedly didn't follow much in late '90s-early 00s.

Saying that, I remain completely dumbfounded how the "journalism" arm of this sport works so tirelessly to absolutely disparage, make fun of, and insult their very customers (the readers). At the same time, they completely block any information on riders/teams unless the riders/teams tell them that it's OK, and they freely admit this.

Yeah, the shirt gives you a chuckle, but the message behind it is "God, you guys are stupid. Yup - it was a "Media Blackout!! Stupid conspiracy loons...."

Don’t be a snowflake. How about that?

|

6/7/2018 12:19 PM

ML512 wrote:

I'd buy one.

I plan on it

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

6/7/2018 1:58 PM

ttugrad1793 wrote:

zehn wrote:

LOL - and this is why they keep doing it.
Keep it up, bro-tato.

|

6/7/2018 2:07 PM

Photo
|

Ed Johnson

6/7/2018 2:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/7/2018 2:12 PM

ttugrad1793 wrote:

Something as stupid as suggesting there is a media black out on a race that means absolutely nothing deserves to be made fun of. Props to Racer X for having a sense of humour, I'd suggest you look into it.

|

6/7/2018 2:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/7/2018 2:19 PM

ttugrad1793 wrote:

jorgechavez wrote:

Something as stupid as suggesting there is a media black out on a race that means absolutely nothing deserves to be made fun of. Props to Racer X for having a sense of humour, I'd suggest you look into it.

my comment flew ENTIRELY over your head, didn't it?

|

6/7/2018 2:19 PM

What was the media blackout

|

6/7/2018 2:25 PM

ttugrad1793 wrote:

jorgechavez wrote:

ttugrad1793 wrote:

How so? What am I missing here? To say they are going out of their way to not cover the race is complete asinine and making fun of the people who think that while a bit childish, in my opinion, is justified. What part went over my head? Hard to read people's tone through text.

|

6/7/2018 2:38 PM

ttugrad1793 wrote:

zehn wrote:

ttugrad1793 wrote:

LOL - and this is why they keep doing it.
Keep it up, bro-tato.

Bro-tato. Holy shit that's funny

|

6/7/2018 2:43 PM

They should have done one that said:

MX Sports: Home of the Jug Ring

wink tongue laughing silly

|

6/7/2018 3:14 PM

GrapeApe wrote:

It was such a stupid idea he deserves to be made fun of, publicly.

Was it?
I could explain many reasons why it wasn't, but why ruin the hate mojo.

|

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

6/7/2018 3:23 PM

jorgechavez wrote:

ttugrad1793 wrote:

jorgechavez wrote:

How so? What am I missing here? To say they are going out of their way to not cover the race is complete asinine and making fun of the people who think that while a bit childish, in my opinion, is justified. What part went over my head? Hard to read people's tone through text.

allright, respectful response deserves a respectful answer.

They (moto-press) absolutely went out of their way to not cover the race, as the journalists on this very site said they "forgot" the race was even happening and didn't cover it. Then DC said it was "logistical problems" that kept them from even posting the race results. Keep in mind that we get a 3 minute recap of the 50SX race in Supercross. Then when called out about it, they yawned, called all of the readers idiots for even suggesting that they weren't interested, and clipped comments stating otherwise (I expect this one to be gone shortly).

On a deeper level, we have the thread about the rider getting hit with a WADA violation. The owners of this site (moto-press) know who it is and have said so repeatedly. Then they admonish anyone for guessing and preface it with (paraphrased) "Quit being stupid. When we know something, we'll post something." But isn't that the POINT of journalism? Ask questions? Post what is known? Dig for the story?

I love this site and check it 10x day, but I have been absolutely dumbfounded as to how a business that makes its money on READERS, can spend so much energy making fun of those very readers and refusing to post the NEWS that its READERS want to read. Then when questioned, they double down with making fun of those asking the questions, and continue the blackout on information until the powers that be (I assume) give them the go-ahead.

It's beyond strange.

|

6/7/2018 3:37 PM

Someone should design a T-Shirt that depicts those in the moto media. I'd buy that!

The Godfather of moto podcasts

The drama queen

The total dork

The Im more relevant since I stopped racing guy

The don't talk about my friends that way guy

Langston for President

etc.........

|

6/7/2018 3:43 PM

ttugrad1793 wrote:

allright, respectful response deserves a respectful answer.

They (moto-press) absolutely went out of their way to not cover the race, as the journalists on this very site said they "forgot" the race was even happening and didn't cover it. Then DC said it was "logistical problems" that kept them from even posting the race results. Keep in mind that we get a 3 minute recap of the 50SX race in Supercross. Then when called out about it, they yawned, called all of the readers idiots for even suggesting that they weren't interested, and clipped comments stating otherwise (I expect this one to be gone shortly).

On a deeper level, we have the thread about the rider getting hit with a WADA violation. The owners of this site (moto-press) know who it is and have said so repeatedly. Then they admonish anyone for guessing and preface it with (paraphrased) "Quit being stupid. When we know something, we'll post something." But isn't that the POINT of journalism? Ask questions? Post what is known? Dig for the story?

I love this site and check it 10x day, but I have been absolutely dumbfounded as to how a business that makes its money on READERS, can spend so much energy making fun of those very readers and refusing to post the NEWS that its READERS want to read. Then when questioned, they double down with making fun of those asking the questions, and continue the blackout on information until the powers that be (I assume) give them the go-ahead.

It's beyond strange.

Well I have no argument, it appears your post did go over my head. Thanks for the clarification and I apologize for coming across as an asshole.. I'm doing that a lot today, I think I need a bit of a Vital break.

|

6/7/2018 3:51 PM

You guys with your rational, well thought out and civilized discussions are really f*&king up the vibe in here. Get to being assholes or GTFO!!!!

|

6/7/2018 3:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/7/2018 3:56 PM

Check out a thread titled "125 Dreamrace Results from Hangtown? "
Posted 5-21-17 by DE262. Many of the comments are identical to this year. 500 guy even used the " 3 guys give a shit" comment. Many of the reasons for lack of coverage are the same as this year. Might want to check it out before it gets, ,,,,,

Edit: I saved the pages

|

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor