Mechanical advice

yzfboy
Edited Date/Time 6/19/2017 10:13am
Hey guys hope you dont mind the post. Couldnt find another thread about the same thing. When you move the kickstart lever down slowly its loose and then suddenly becomes hard to push is this the gears in the cogs engaging and moving the piston? Or do the cogs engage as soon as you move the kick lever and this is simply compressing the cylinder? Also how do you know when you get to top dead center that you're not in the exhaust stroke? Thanks. Im trying to become more knowledge about mechanics. Cheers
|
rmoto003
6/19/2017 1:14am
Actually the cogs dont physically engage until all of the fuel/air mixture in the combustion chamber chamber hits critical mass. Up until that point, the spindle drive bushing is being forced against the amulator unit in the rear crank bearing section, taking load away from the piston.

All of this, of course, happening in the small amount of time the underdrive coupler pins are extended into the valve spring tensioner.

Once you do a little research of your own on the subject of piston drive reactors and single stroke augmentation units, you will grow from a yzfboy into a yzfman... a real human bean
yzfboy
6/19/2017 1:22am
rmoto003 wrote:
Actually the cogs dont physically engage until all of the fuel/air mixture in the combustion chamber chamber hits critical mass. Up until that point, the spindle...
Actually the cogs dont physically engage until all of the fuel/air mixture in the combustion chamber chamber hits critical mass. Up until that point, the spindle drive bushing is being forced against the amulator unit in the rear crank bearing section, taking load away from the piston.

All of this, of course, happening in the small amount of time the underdrive coupler pins are extended into the valve spring tensioner.

Once you do a little research of your own on the subject of piston drive reactors and single stroke augmentation units, you will grow from a yzfboy into a yzfman... a real human bean
Hahaha thanks for that reply. Sorry i didn't do a very good job of explaining my question. By cogs i meant gearing (the gears that the kickstart turn). I guess the simplest way i could put it is, what is causing that resistance that you feel when you move the kick start down like 2 inches? Thanks for the help bud

The Shop

6/19/2017 3:45am Edited Date/Time 6/19/2017 6:36am
Yzfboy...What you must do is hook your car's battery to the bikes ignition system. I recommend using jumper cables. Put the positive cable right to the spark plug and the negative cable to a nice, solid ground by holding it, taking your shoes off and standing in a large puddle while holding your cat. Now have your bros hook the jumper cables up to the car's battery and then start the car. This action will "clean out" your YZ and should provide enough current to shock you back into coherence.
Starcrossed
6/19/2017 5:44am
Remove the plug and use your finger over the plug bore. You will feel the compression build as long as you're not on the exhaust stroke. The open exhaust valve on the exhaust stroke will be evident from a lack of compression, when the motor is on the exhaust stroke.
Tomoss
6/19/2017 5:51am
Remove the plug and use your finger over the plug bore. You will feel the compression build as long as you're not on the exhaust stroke...
Remove the plug and use your finger over the plug bore. You will feel the compression build as long as you're not on the exhaust stroke. The open exhaust valve on the exhaust stroke will be evident from a lack of compression, when the motor is on the exhaust stroke.
Thanks very much! How about with the kickstart? Do you nees to push it down until it gets hard then just go past that then bring it back to the top?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
6/19/2017 5:56am
Yzfboy...What you must do is hook your car's battery to the bikes ignition system. I recommend using jumper cables. Put the positive cable right to the...
Yzfboy...What you must do is hook your car's battery to the bikes ignition system. I recommend using jumper cables. Put the positive cable right to the spark plug and the negative cable to a nice, solid ground by holding it, taking your shoes off and standing in a large puddle while holding your cat. Now have your bros hook the jumper cables up to the car's battery and then start the car. This action will "clean out" your YZ and should provide enough current to shock you back into coherence.
Starts thread as yzfboy....replies to answer as Tomoss. Clearly not the coldest beer in the fridge this one. Location GBR. Lol.

Much ty.
6/19/2017 6:38am
Yzfboy...What you must do is hook your car's battery to the bikes ignition system. I recommend using jumper cables. Put the positive cable right to the...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Starts thread as yzfboy....replies to answer as Tomoss. Clearly not the coldest beer in the fridge this one. Location GBR. Lol.

Much ty.
I know, right. There's probably not enough voltage on the planet to electro-shock him back into coherence. Kind of makes me miss Trollmir.
6/19/2017 6:42am
Tomoss wrote:
Thanks very much! How about with the kickstart? Do you nees to push it down until it gets hard then just go past that then bring...
Thanks very much! How about with the kickstart? Do you nees to push it down until it gets hard then just go past that then bring it back to the top?
Tomoss, YZFboy, are you sure you're trying to figure out kick starting? How's your gerbil?
JWACK
6/19/2017 6:44am
Tomoss wrote:
Thanks very much! How about with the kickstart? Do you nees to push it down until it gets hard then just go past that then bring...
Tomoss, YZFboy, are you sure you're trying to figure out kick starting? How's your gerbil?
Gerbils at bdc bro..
6/19/2017 6:48am
You guys can bet "Gerbil" will be on the next bingo card. Which, by the way, will be released tomorrow.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
6/19/2017 7:31am
With amount of questions this guy has I have no idea how he function on a daily basis.

Honestly, I'm surprised he even knows how to turn on a computer let alone find a website, create an account and sign in.
Acidreamer
6/19/2017 7:44am
My mechanical advice to you is to sell your sockets and wrenches
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
6/19/2017 7:46am
This dude obviously shouldn't own a motorcycle. Sell it and go buy a cat. Much safer. Much TY
MR. X
6/19/2017 7:49am
Acidreamer wrote:
My mechanical advice to you is to sell your sockets and wrenches
He should probably keep the one with the little turny thing that makes it bigger or smaller that you can also use to bang on stuff that is tight.
markit
6/19/2017 7:56am
I have an old 240v cord off my older RV( 50 amp), works way better than the jumper cables.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
6/19/2017 7:56am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
This dude obviously shouldn't own a motorcycle. Sell it and go buy a cat. Much safer. Much TY
We've gone over the cat topic with this guy and it's agreed that it's not a great idea for the simple fact that by the time he's done asking questions about what to feed it, how to feed it, what kind of bowl to put food in, how to poor said food in bowl, etc. that the poor would die of hunger.

I suggested that he gets a bicycle. Less things to go wrong.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
6/19/2017 7:58am
Which guy? Tomoss? Mitkoo? YZboy? Tamir? Gerbil boy?
Lol whichever one keeps on losing his login information and is forced to create new accounts.
dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
6/19/2017 8:05am
get a fish
SEE ARE125
6/19/2017 8:16am
dsmith wrote:
get a fish [img]https://cf.ltkcdn.net/small-pets/images/slide/130952-847x567r1-Ordinary-goldfish.jpg[/img]
get a fish
The cat will eat it.
F.B
6/19/2017 8:18am
Get a robotic cat.

kkawboy14
6/19/2017 8:21am Edited Date/Time 6/19/2017 8:22am
You guys can bet "Gerbil" will be on the next bingo card. Which, by the way, will be released tomorrow.
Ha......gerbils could be food for his cat!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
6/19/2017 8:37am
dsmith wrote:
get a fish [img]https://cf.ltkcdn.net/small-pets/images/slide/130952-847x567r1-Ordinary-goldfish.jpg[/img]
get a fish
He'll drown
jeffro503
6/19/2017 9:00am Edited Date/Time 6/19/2017 9:01am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Much ty.
I know, right. There's probably not enough voltage on the planet to electro-shock him back into coherence. Kind of makes me miss Trollmir.
This guy has one really weird way of trolling a board. Why even take the time to type out all those long , detailed questions? New to dirt bikes is one thing.....but to this guy , it may as well be a freakin' space ship.

" Hey guys....when I put the valve stem cap on , do I need to screw it clock wise , or counter clockwise? And what are the torque specifications for plastic cap vs aluminum cap? Does the color have anything to do with tire pressure? Would it hurt to have two valve stems on the same tube?....in case one goes bad , so I can have a spare? "
6/19/2017 9:16am
jeffro503 wrote:
This guy has one really weird way of trolling a board. Why even take the time to type out all those long , detailed questions? New...
This guy has one really weird way of trolling a board. Why even take the time to type out all those long , detailed questions? New to dirt bikes is one thing.....but to this guy , it may as well be a freakin' space ship.

" Hey guys....when I put the valve stem cap on , do I need to screw it clock wise , or counter clockwise? And what are the torque specifications for plastic cap vs aluminum cap? Does the color have anything to do with tire pressure? Would it hurt to have two valve stems on the same tube?....in case one goes bad , so I can have a spare? "
LaughingLaughingLaughing

This troll is special, Jeff. He asks questions and gets answers, but they're never good enough. He likes to get the VBT chasing their tails.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
6/19/2017 9:27am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
We've gone over the cat topic with this guy and it's agreed that it's not a great idea for the simple fact that by the time...
We've gone over the cat topic with this guy and it's agreed that it's not a great idea for the simple fact that by the time he's done asking questions about what to feed it, how to feed it, what kind of bowl to put food in, how to poor said food in bowl, etc. that the poor would die of hunger.

I suggested that he gets a bicycle. Less things to go wrong.
That's a good point! Never thought about that. Maybe a cactus would be best? No real need to water it and very low maintenance.

Post a reply to: Mechanical advice

The Latest