Me, Myself and Jason Weigandt

Related:
Create New Tag

2/17/2022 1:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/17/2022 1:51 PM

Please quit pointing the camera at yourself - your'e a journalist in the moto world, but you come off as if your just as important if not more important then the riders.Photo

|

2/17/2022 1:52 PM

It's literally called the "Weege Show". Weege does a breakdown while walking to the pits of the night's action.

|

2/17/2022 2:03 PM

Where else is he supposed to point the camera, at his legs as he walks through the pits?

|

2/17/2022 2:13 PM

something about him troubles you. have you considered bringing this up to your therapist?

|

"I believe that large bulge in the pipe is a sign from God we should all go back to 2-strokes." -Fouled Plug

2/17/2022 2:17 PM

I've got no problem with the way Weege does this show. If anything, he always tries to chat with privateers or any rider that he walks past, be it in the pro pits or the Moto40 show he did in the last week or 2. I doesn't seem to be "all about me" at all.

|

2/17/2022 2:18 PM

So the guy that is speaking to the viewer isn’t supposed to be showing his face… right.

Weirdo… blink

|

2/17/2022 2:21 PM

I was watching the news for the last 50+ years and never thought to ask "why is the camera" pointing at the reporter.

|

2/17/2022 2:28 PM

Get out OP

|

2/17/2022 3:13 PM

I am a Weege fan. we're lucky to have him.

|

2/17/2022 3:22 PM

WhoTF starts a thread like this & doesn’t mention Irene?

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

2/17/2022 3:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/17/2022 5:50 PM

Dirt.Squirt wrote:

Get out OP

I have a new phrase for that sentiment…which, btw, is correct!

“You better put some water on that shit!”

grin

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

2/17/2022 3:56 PM

Just when you think the world can't get much dumber.....

|

I may not be an insider but I have loved this sport since the 70's. 2-smokers forever!

2/17/2022 4:01 PM

OP was googling Weenie

|

2/17/2022 4:14 PM

He should “Throw in the towel “ 😉

|

2/17/2022 4:25 PM

At the ATL supercross last year, I saw Weege talking to a guy with Down's Syndrome in the pits. The guy was there with a parent or chaperone of some kind, and the chaperone looked to be trying to get the guy away form Weege so that Weege could be on his way. I saw this happening and figured the conversation would be over in a few moments. I piddled around one of of the booths and planned on taking a few seconds to say hello once Weege broke away from the guy. But he never did. He just stayed there listening, smiling, and talking with the guy. I eventually moved on and Weege was still there talking.

Walking around the pits with a camera on himself is literally part of his job. But taking time to talk to that guy with Down's wasn't. That guy isn't subscribing to RacerX or buying a Yoshimura exhaust. Yet Weege stood there and made that guy's day anyway.

|

2/17/2022 4:35 PM

I would literally vote for Weege for president. The guy is a national treasure.

|

2/17/2022 4:54 PM

We're very lucky to have him; he could have made a lot more money covering another motor or ball sport.

He has an unbelievable ability to string together paragraphs of commentary, with no edits, that's intelligent, entertaining and insightful. It's no wonder he talks for a living.

|

2/17/2022 5:09 PM

100% Weege is in fact seaofseven. How ironic and clever.

|

2/17/2022 5:13 PM

Weege is awesome. Wtf is he supposed to do?

|

2/17/2022 5:14 PM

I like him and value his insight. However, he mispronounced my first name last year at Daytona and my guys at work called me the wrong name for 6 months because they were watching racertv.. lol

|

2/17/2022 5:49 PM

I’ve mentioned this story in other threads related to Weege and I think it’s appropriate to share it again here.

September of 2001, my girlfriend and I were in a hotel bar the night before the Steel City National.

I was wearing a KTM ball cap when this guy approaches me and makes a comment along the lines of, “well we all know who you’re cheering for tomorrow.” This was the eve of the Langston/Brown battle for the title.

That struck up a bench racing conversation that lasted until closing time. We had an absolute blast talking moto and bought each other several rounds. He was there with two other guys from work, Dave Brozik and “British Jason” RIP from Racer X.

At one point in the evening he asked my girlfriend “so, when are you two getting married?” We laughed about it because we’d only been dating a few weeks at that point.

Fast forward to now, two kids and 20 (almost) years of marriage and the guy still remembers us on a first name basis. We still see him at the occasional supercross and national and he always takes time to talk to us. He’s even stopped in the middle of his TV work to say hello, catch up on our family and even talk a bit of moto.

That guy was Jason Weigandt and he’s a wealth of motocross knowledge and a total class act. Our sport is lucky to have him.

|

2/17/2022 6:08 PM

Anyone know who will be in the booth with him this summer? I’m assuming MAVTV will have Weege again.

|

2/17/2022 6:34 PM

The thing I love about Weege is he's just a regular dude, not trying to be super cool or Bro'ing it down. He's Golden!

|

“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” ― Ernest Hemingway

2/17/2022 6:49 PM

There's something wrong with you if you dislike the Weege.

|

2/17/2022 6:59 PM

Well he does have a face for radio. But then again so do I. As well as most of you bastards in here.

|

2/17/2022 7:02 PM

Few dumb threads happening lately…

|

2/17/2022 7:06 PM

MudPup545 wrote:

I’ve mentioned this story in other threads related to Weege and I think it’s appropriate to share it again here.

September ...more

He bought you a round?

Couldn't have been Weege then..

|

2015 KTM250SX

2/17/2022 7:07 PM

I'm proud to say I was the 100th downvote on what could possibly be the stupidest thread of all time.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

2/17/2022 7:14 PM

Holy shit…

|

2/17/2022 7:46 PM

digby.chickencaesar.5 wrote:

He bought you a round?

Couldn't have been Weege then..