Mcadoo to PC

trilldill
Edited Date/Time 8/20/2019 4:18pm
Rumor is that mcadoo has signed with PC rather than TLD, it seems like TLD will have no contenders again.
|
Hudd_421
8/12/2019 10:10am
Rumor? You mean a thread you read on vital, or a tweet someone sent to Pulp?
Premix
8/12/2019 10:41am
Blair reported it on Main Event as fact.

Top pet peeve is when people hear something on a podcast and then come on here and act like they have inside information. It’s public info, stop it.
kb228
8/12/2019 10:49am
Pls not be true

The Shop

VasageXx
8/12/2019 11:22am
Premix wrote:
Blair reported it on Main Event as fact. Top pet peeve is when people hear something on a podcast and then come on here and act...
Blair reported it on Main Event as fact.

Top pet peeve is when people hear something on a podcast and then come on here and act like they have inside information. It’s public info, stop it.
Can’t believe shit Blair says. He also said not long ago that Tomac was for sure and definitely going to Yamaha next year.
Naanak
8/12/2019 1:33pm Edited Date/Time 8/13/2019 7:35pm
It’s true.
Mr. Afterbar
8/12/2019 1:58pm
Unadilla post race wrap up show. McAdoo to PC. Hartranft to TLD KTM.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3717th
8/12/2019 2:02pm
Podcasts goal with quotes and statements like that are the same as any other form of media in existence. That is to drive up viewership. Off the wall claims make people talk about them and more people listen. Case in point.
hartebreak
Fantasy
169th
8/12/2019 4:58pm Edited Date/Time 8/12/2019 5:02pm
I thought McAdoo to TLDKTM was signed, sealed, and delivered? There has got to be a story somewhere here. Did TK drag his feet in signing, thus allowing Mitch to get his claws into McAdoo? I seriously doubt that Hartranft impressed enough to oust McAdoo from consideration? And to hear that Oldenburg may come back is weird too. He hasn't done much at all during the last 4 years (including a stint at TLD). I will say that Falk and Cantrell really havent shown any proof that they deserve those rides, Same with Bailey and Covington on the Husky. Maybe Roger should have each team only have 3 riders (1 on each coast and 1 fill-in) and then allocate that money to RMATV and let them keep Bloss and Bogle in addition to Baggett.
Naanak
8/12/2019 5:04pm Edited Date/Time 8/13/2019 7:35pm
Podcasts goal with quotes and statements like that are the same as any other form of media in existence. That is to drive up viewership. Off...
Podcasts goal with quotes and statements like that are the same as any other form of media in existence. That is to drive up viewership. Off the wall claims make people talk about them and more people listen. Case in point.
Wrong.
8/12/2019 5:56pm
hartebreak wrote:
I thought McAdoo to TLDKTM was signed, sealed, and delivered? There has got to be a story somewhere here. Did TK drag his feet in signing...
I thought McAdoo to TLDKTM was signed, sealed, and delivered? There has got to be a story somewhere here. Did TK drag his feet in signing, thus allowing Mitch to get his claws into McAdoo? I seriously doubt that Hartranft impressed enough to oust McAdoo from consideration? And to hear that Oldenburg may come back is weird too. He hasn't done much at all during the last 4 years (including a stint at TLD). I will say that Falk and Cantrell really havent shown any proof that they deserve those rides, Same with Bailey and Covington on the Husky. Maybe Roger should have each team only have 3 riders (1 on each coast and 1 fill-in) and then allocate that money to RMATV and let them keep Bloss and Bogle in addition to Baggett.
Oldenburg has had some really great rides and speed though to.. Always seems to crash or get hurt though I’d like to see him get another shot somewhere!
mb60
8/12/2019 6:10pm
Hard for me to believe McAdoo to PC. They could have had him before the outdoors started. 3 riders for the summer and Marty D has looked terrible.
hamncheeze
8/13/2019 5:13pm
hartebreak wrote:
I thought McAdoo to TLDKTM was signed, sealed, and delivered? There has got to be a story somewhere here. Did TK drag his feet in signing...
I like your line of thinking there at the end. Why keep flushing money down the toilet on these kids that don't pan out? Sign 3 250 riders, if one goes down in SX get the best privateer on a KTM to fill-in. Then take the saved money and invest in the 450 class. Boom, KTM can have Webb, Musquin, Baggett, Bloss and Bogle all on the track. Pay the money to guys who have earned it, and less to the kids who haven't.
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
8/13/2019 5:25pm
hamncheeze wrote:
I like your line of thinking there at the end. Why keep flushing money down the toilet on these kids that don't pan out? Sign 3...
I like your line of thinking there at the end. Why keep flushing money down the toilet on these kids that don't pan out? Sign 3 250 riders, if one goes down in SX get the best privateer on a KTM to fill-in. Then take the saved money and invest in the 450 class. Boom, KTM can have Webb, Musquin, Baggett, Bloss and Bogle all on the track. Pay the money to guys who have earned it, and less to the kids who haven't.
Do you think TLD's sponsors are going to be happy with that arrangement?

What about KTM, they're in the business of selling 250's and 450's. They're probably not going to be too stoked about not having a presence in the lites class.
hartebreak
Fantasy
169th
8/13/2019 5:27pm
hamncheeze wrote:
I like your line of thinking there at the end. Why keep flushing money down the toilet on these kids that don't pan out? Sign 3...
haydos25 wrote:
Do you think TLD's sponsors are going to be happy with that arrangement? What about KTM, they're in the business of selling 250's and 450's. They're...

What about KTM, they're in the business of selling 250's and 450's. They're probably not going to be too stoked about not having a presence in the lites class.
You're acting like they have a presence now......
hartebreak
Fantasy
169th
8/13/2019 5:31pm
TLD Hartranft on West, Brown on East with Drake being the "pinch hitter" as necessary for SX, then run all 3 for outdoors.

Husky run Hampshire West, Mosiman East with Bailey as "pinch hitter"
hamncheeze
8/13/2019 5:35pm
haydos25 wrote:
Do you think TLD's sponsors are going to be happy with that arrangement? What about KTM, they're in the business of selling 250's and 450's. They're...

They would still have a presence, I'm only suggesting a reduction of factory-supported 250 riders. KTM could also try to have a bit more for true privateer kids in the 250 class this way. Clearly the current model of development to pro is not really working for them. Where the fault lies in that, who knows? But at some point KTM has to take a serious look at the TLD program and wonder if they are getting good value for their money.
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
8/13/2019 5:39pm
hartebreak wrote:
TLD Hartranft on West, Brown on East with Drake being the "pinch hitter" as necessary for SX, then run all 3 for outdoors. Husky run Hampshire...
TLD Hartranft on West, Brown on East with Drake being the "pinch hitter" as necessary for SX, then run all 3 for outdoors.

Husky run Hampshire West, Mosiman East with Bailey as "pinch hitter"
Id suggest they have a decent presence. They won a supercross this year with Mcelrath and have had multiple podiums. Its not as bad as it seems recently. Yes they've had a rough run with a few of their amateurs not progressing through, but so have all of the other teams over the years aswell.

Are they paying the pinch hitters anything in your scenario? Or do these guys just train all day on their own dime and don't race? There is also the slight problem with the Husky scenario in that Covington and Swoll have contracts.

hamncheeze
8/13/2019 5:46pm
And while we are at it, who exactly has had a lot of success on the TLD KTM? Both Jessy Nelson and Shane McElrath came up through TLD Honda, so we can't really credit KTM there however both had success on the KTM. Justin Hill went there and was a turd. Jordan Smith was developed by FC Honda, had a great first season with TLD then has had a bad injury run. Oldenburg is what he is, blazing fast with frequent massive getoffs. Alex Martin was good outdoors for TLD but indoors was rough. Put your hand up if you remember Alex Frye? Then we get to Cantrell, Falk, Drake.

For all the riders that have passed through here this is a pretty far cry from 2011-2013 with just 2 riders on factory KTM 250s, Marvin and Kenny. So again, how is all of this development working out?? I mean for Troy it's fine, they have a bigger team with more support than they ever had with Honda, but how about from KTM's side?? They could easily go smaller and sign 2 premiere riders and roll the dice hoping they stay healthy.
hamncheeze
8/13/2019 5:53pm
One more thing. Considering in MXGP the 250 program is effectively in house under the RedBull/KTM umbrella, I'm not sure at what point KTM clips TLD and brings it back in house? They are spending way more money in MotoGP than ever before (but Zarco was a disaster) so the off-road budgets have been trimmed, both Roger and Ian Harrison have mentioned this in the past 18 months. But for sure KTM could probably save a bit of their investment in the class by clipping TLD and having a 2-rider team in house again.
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
8/13/2019 6:00pm
hamncheeze wrote:
One more thing. Considering in MXGP the 250 program is effectively in house under the RedBull/KTM umbrella, I'm not sure at what point KTM clips TLD...
One more thing. Considering in MXGP the 250 program is effectively in house under the RedBull/KTM umbrella, I'm not sure at what point KTM clips TLD and brings it back in house? They are spending way more money in MotoGP than ever before (but Zarco was a disaster) so the off-road budgets have been trimmed, both Roger and Ian Harrison have mentioned this in the past 18 months. But for sure KTM could probably save a bit of their investment in the class by clipping TLD and having a 2-rider team in house again.
You honestly think it would be cheaper for KTM to cut TLD off and bring two more riders under the factory tent? Not a chance in hell.

All the talk about spening more money on less riders. Which 2 riders now are KTM supposed to go for which are can't miss prospects? There's no RC, Stewart, or Alessi coming out of LL's at the moment. Every single rider has a question mark on their head. It makes more sense to cast the net wide. Every manufacturer has a bit of a speculative crack at multiple riders each year, TLD have just been unlucky and none of them have hit so far.
hamncheeze
8/13/2019 6:14pm
haydos25 wrote:
You honestly think it would be cheaper for KTM to cut TLD off and bring two more riders under the factory tent? Not a chance in...
You honestly think it would be cheaper for KTM to cut TLD off and bring two more riders under the factory tent? Not a chance in hell.

All the talk about spening more money on less riders. Which 2 riders now are KTM supposed to go for which are can't miss prospects? There's no RC, Stewart, or Alessi coming out of LL's at the moment. Every single rider has a question mark on their head. It makes more sense to cast the net wide. Every manufacturer has a bit of a speculative crack at multiple riders each year, TLD have just been unlucky and none of them have hit so far.
If I was KTM I would sign Hartranft and Drake and clippy clippy everyone else. Then give the money to BBMX to keep Bogle and Bloss both on 450 KTMs. Way better return for KTM.
mb60
8/13/2019 6:24pm
hamncheeze wrote:
If I was KTM I would sign Hartranft and Drake and clippy clippy everyone else. Then give the money to BBMX to keep Bogle and Bloss...
If I was KTM I would sign Hartranft and Drake and clippy clippy everyone else. Then give the money to BBMX to keep Bogle and Bloss both on 450 KTMs. Way better return for KTM.
You do realize these are factory supported riders with there sponsor money ?
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
8/13/2019 6:35pm
hamncheeze wrote:
If I was KTM I would sign Hartranft and Drake and clippy clippy everyone else. Then give the money to BBMX to keep Bogle and Bloss...
You think thats a better team then they had this year with Mcelrath and Smith? Pierce Brown, what does he do? Pund sand?

If there's no pathway from amateurs to Pro, then they're not going to get any amateur guns, which trickles down into bike sales.

They're in the market of selling all of their bikes, not just the 450's. And im not sure how Bloss/Bogle running 10-15 in the 450 class is better exposure than podiums and wins in the 250 class.
hartebreak
Fantasy
169th
8/13/2019 6:51pm Edited Date/Time 8/13/2019 6:52pm
I say to hell with grooming up and coming riders. Let Kawi and Honda pay the riders from the time they are 12 until they turn pro. Then, after their rookie year is over, KTM can offer the best performing kid (who proved himself in the pro ranks) a huge contract and steal them away from the current team. Probably would come out way ahead vs. the current plan of spending ungodly amounts of money for 4 or 5 riders of which MAYBE 1 ever pans out to be a title contender. Like using a sniper rifle instead of a shotgun.
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
8/13/2019 6:57pm
hartebreak wrote:
I say to hell with grooming up and coming riders. Let Kawi and Honda pay the riders from the time they are 12 until they turn...
I say to hell with grooming up and coming riders. Let Kawi and Honda pay the riders from the time they are 12 until they turn pro. Then, after their rookie year is over, KTM can offer the best performing kid (who proved himself in the pro ranks) a huge contract and steal them away from the current team. Probably would come out way ahead vs. the current plan of spending ungodly amounts of money for 4 or 5 riders of which MAYBE 1 ever pans out to be a title contender. Like using a sniper rifle instead of a shotgun.
How did that plan work out for Suzuki?

You need a development pathway, its just the way of the world these days. Theyre selling bikes from 50cc all the way through to 450cc. They offer a one brand for life option, if you take away the support right at the transition period they will lose a lot of good riders, and will have to pay over the market value to buy them back once theyre good.
hamncheeze
8/13/2019 7:06pm
hamncheeze wrote:
haydos25 wrote:
You think thats a better team then they had this year with Mcelrath and Smith? Pierce Brown, what does he do? Pund sand? If there's no...
You think thats a better team then they had this year with Mcelrath and Smith? Pierce Brown, what does he do? Pund sand?

If there's no pathway from amateurs to Pro, then they're not going to get any amateur guns, which trickles down into bike sales.

They're in the market of selling all of their bikes, not just the 450's. And im not sure how Bloss/Bogle running 10-15 in the 450 class is better exposure than podiums and wins in the 250 class.
I'm not really sure people buy a stock 250 because they see Jordan Smith or Shane McElrath win on it. People are generally well-informed and will buy a bike because of what they read or hear in shootouts from reputable people like Lindsay or Keefer. But they might buy a KTM because they saw Ryan Dungey or Cooper Webb win. Any size of KTM.

Pierce Brown doesn't pound sand, but maybe he shouldn't come into the pros with the full ride either. This is the missing link IMO. All these kids need to start out on a lower program and EARN the factory ride by succeeding at PROFESSIONAL SX and MX. Having these guaranteed deals as far back as 12 or 13 years old is so misguided. So maybe Pierce Brown starts out racing West region on a KTM Orange Brigade supported privateer team or 2nd tier team a la Rock River. Look at Hartranft, he's applied himself well on a smaller team and he's getting his shot and at this point he's proven. He comes on to the KTM team knowing he's already top-10 capable and fully believes he can do better with this shot. The kids coming up in the silver spoon program, it's a razorblade. Either flourish like Barcia, Tomac, AC, Forkner or you are shit. All it takes is 1-2 bad races and an injury and the rider goes from can't miss to flop and no matter what he starts to hear it.....read it. Then he comes back and flounders some more. Sound familiar? This is literally what we are seeing: Zach Bell, Matt Bisceglia, Tristan Charbonneau, Chris Alldredge, Sean Cantrell, Jordan Bailey, Mitchell Falk.

Anyway let's see in 5 years where Hartranft ends up, and where Drake ends up.
hamncheeze
8/13/2019 9:03pm
And since this whole thread drifted way way off the original topic, congrats to RAM IT McAdoo getting a PC ride! A great example of a kid who made the most of his opportunities, had some hard knocks along the way, but is now getting it figured out and getting another deal. I expect him to do well at PC.
Adam89
8/13/2019 11:05pm
I can’t remember the guys name but they posted on the silly season saying Macadoo to PC is done and Hartnranft to TLD is done and potentially Oldenburg to TLD.
Looks like he got the Macadoo and Hartnranft situation right, I wonder if Oldenburg will end up there though?

Either way hopefully TLD can turn their luck around once Mcelrath is gone, tbh I can’t see greener pastures for him on Yamaha though.

Post a reply to: Mcadoo to PC

The Latest