McGrath GT bicycle

Sawfish
8/24/2021 6:20am
Heggo wrote:
I wonder if MC would be a little bit disappointed in the spec level now seeing one of those and wishing his signiture model came with...
I wonder if MC would be a little bit disappointed in the spec level now seeing one of those and wishing his signiture model came with the 3 piece Profile cranks and those sweet sealed GT hubs from back in the day with GT emblem on them. I sure it was just more money in the bank back then.

Sawfish wrote:
GT even made identical profile cranks back in the day. Honestly the bicycle was a POS, but…. It taught me how ball bearings work I guess.
Deployer78 wrote:
GT did not make their 3 piece cranks. Profile was contracted to make them and stamp them with the "GT" logo.
Yes you’re correct. Didn’t word myself right.
Fox88
Fantasy
22nd
8/24/2021 7:01am
When I was racing bmx mid 80s, one piece cranks made a come back due to reliability, simplicity and Ashtabula making nice chrome versions that cost a single mowed lawn, as opposed to several..
8/26/2021 10:05am
Got 2 of the blue Yamaha GTs and 2 of the Hyper Showtime bikes 16 and 20” . My 3 boys and Grandson used to ride the wheels off these bikes. Someday plan on building the Suzuki .

8/26/2021 10:21am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2021 10:22am
Fox88 wrote:
When I was racing bmx mid 80s, one piece cranks made a come back due to reliability, simplicity and Ashtabula making nice chrome versions that cost...
When I was racing bmx mid 80s, one piece cranks made a come back due to reliability, simplicity and Ashtabula making nice chrome versions that cost a single mowed lawn, as opposed to several..
I had an Interceptor. Broke everything on it, including the frame -- All except for the one-piece cranks. They were indestructible.

Opted to put one-piece on my next bike.

The Shop

Top End
8/27/2021 1:51pm
Come on guys - ROGER DECOSTER lol

Post a reply to: McGrath GT bicycle

The Latest