McGrath - Class act.

Related:
Create New Tag

3/29/2018 2:48 PM

From Mike Sleeters instagram. Stopped and parked his bike in front of Mike to make sure no one ran him over, and stayed until the emt's came. Yes I know it's not for a championship, but we've all seen guys practically wheelie over downed riders for a beginner trophy lol. Still one of my all time favorite riders.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg0AOt1hwp7/?hl=en&taken-by=sleetdawg

|

3/29/2018 3:26 PM

I'm an old school fan and i have to agree, MC was and still is my all time favorite. MEt him at Indy dealer show one year and he was super cool.

|

3/29/2018 3:49 PM

Class Act can be pretty much be said over and over about MC. Never let the success go to his head, always down to earth, always put on a show, always gave good honest interviews. Pure charisma.

|

James

3/29/2018 4:02 PM

MC is a pimp

|

3/29/2018 4:12 PM

Was at mammoth open practice in 2002 and coming down the down hill MC caught me, I was going much much slower than he was and I could hear his perfectly tuned YZ250 coming. I just wanted to ride down the down hill with him so i could say I rode with him one time. In the bottom S turn I went out side in the right hander and he squared up and barely tapped my front tire and I tipped over. I was like yesssssss I just got taken out by MC!!!! I was pumped lol I look up and MC is looking back as he is going through the left hander wide open. I got up and rode the rest of practice. I vividly remember the Budlight gear he was wearing his red spy goggles and the badass paint job on his helmet. All from a split second look at the dude as he is riding away.

On my way out of the gate once they waived us off, there was MC sitting on his bike by the gate. He waited for me and wanted to say that he carried a little too much speed down the hill and was sorry for bumping me. I said anytime MC you are the King its ok! (don't ask my why that was my response) He laughed and gave me a fist bump and said come by the truck and ill hook ya up with some stuff. I never did and to this day kick myself for not going over there.

Short story long, MC is the man. And always will be.

|

3/29/2018 4:51 PM

It's touch on any level; (personal, or racing) to find a better guy than MC.

|

Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous. Checkout; ABetterStockMarket.com

3/29/2018 5:28 PM

Hopefully this generation of racers still look up to him and take notes. He displays many values, characteristics, and mannerisms that will carry far beyond the track. He’s the product of good, honest, parenting..... proof is in the pudding.

|

3/29/2018 5:41 PM

Honda should have kept him on the payroll as brand ambassador for life.

|

3/29/2018 6:31 PM

SoCalMX70 wrote:

Class Act can be pretty much be said over and over about MC. Never let the success go to his head, always down to earth, ...more

No. He was pretty cocky in his winning days.

|

Motorcrosser

3/29/2018 6:35 PM

SoCalMX70 wrote:

Class Act can be pretty much be said over and over about MC. Never let the success go to his head, always down to earth, ...more

Indymxer wrote:

Not that I saw, especially his 3 championships on Yamaha. So, disagree then.

|

James

3/29/2018 6:40 PM

IceMan446 wrote:

Was at mammoth open practice in 2002 and coming down the down hill MC caught me, I was going much much slower than he was and ...more

Great story, thank you for sharing. And you did the noble thing not going over!

|

3/29/2018 6:47 PM

IceMan446 wrote:

Was at mammoth open practice in 2002 and coming down the down hill MC caught me, I was going much much slower than he was and ...more

Love it. Great story!

|

3/29/2018 6:58 PM

IceMan446 wrote:

Should have taken a few beers and opened one for him

|

3/30/2018 12:23 AM

That was a cool story and enjoyed the others in this thread

|

3/30/2018 1:53 AM

You don't find many King's that are humble. He's a down to earth good person. Cool read.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

3/30/2018 4:32 AM

He may have been cocky towards other riders (who isn't when you're a racer) but he has always been super gracious with his fans.

|

3/30/2018 5:42 AM

SoCalMX70 wrote:

Indymxer wrote:

What dude in their 20s isnt cocky though

|

3/30/2018 7:55 AM

#maxxistires

whistling

|

3/30/2018 9:14 AM

My McGrath story. Was at Glen Helen with a friend and he had his peewee aged son with him. He told his son to stay by the truck while we took a few laps. We came back and he couldn't find his son. He was a little panicked and went buzzing around looking for him and came back to the truck really panicked. He went out looking around again and about 20 minutes later came back with his son. He found him sitting MC's truck tailgate playing with his Gameboy with the king. His son knew about MC but didn't know he was playing with. I think he was there riding in prep for the MXDN so around 96 or so.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

3/30/2018 3:48 PM

SoCalMX70 wrote:

Indymxer wrote:

To be as good and confident as MC was in his prime you have to be, RC took it to another level though when it came to being cocky and hating to lose lol.

|

3/30/2018 9:34 PM

Frodad78 wrote:

He may have been cocky towards other riders (who isn't when you're a racer) but he has always been super gracious with his ...more

This is truth

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

3/31/2018 7:29 AM

I started riding in 1997 because of MC he was my idol . Met him in the pits one time when i was a kid , He gave me a signed jersery thats never been worn of his . Sat me on his bike and let me dad snap a photo . Was his idea . Awesome guy will never forget that momment in my entire life . Honestly its one of the main reasons i still ride because that momment sparked the addiction for life .

|

2018 crf 250r

3/31/2018 4:36 PM

Photo

|