McElrath to Star 2020

Matthes asked Will Hahn Monday night about Shane McElrath coming to Star Yamaha next year and Will denied knowing anything about it. Matthes sounded like its a done deal, so is Shane replacing Oldenburg? How do you think Shane will do?
|
rsd47
6/19/2019 9:36am
Top 3 indoors if fit and healthy, top 10 outdoors
seventeen
6/19/2019 9:42am
I would sign Brandon before Shane...
Trickamoto
6/19/2019 9:43am
like craig, lacks the will to be something big. next in line please!

The Shop

devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3887th
6/19/2019 10:14am
A change of scenery might be motivating for him. He has the capabilities to dominate the 250 class indoors.
Casting
6/19/2019 10:22am
What makes no sense to me is why TLD would bench Shane for the latter half of the 2019 supercross season if they know he won't return to TLD in 2020... unless all this time he really did just have that bad of a back injury. Hard to say.

Only thing for sure is that TLD is going to be a skeleton of its former self next year with only Falk, Drake, and whoever else they can get to fill the shoes of McElrath and Smith.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
6/19/2019 10:24am
Casting wrote:
What makes no sense to me is why TLD would bench Shane for the latter half of the 2019 supercross season if they know he won't...
What makes no sense to me is why TLD would bench Shane for the latter half of the 2019 supercross season if they know he won't return to TLD in 2020... unless all this time he really did just have that bad of a back injury. Hard to say.

Only thing for sure is that TLD is going to be a skeleton of its former self next year with only Falk, Drake, and whoever else they can get to fill the shoes of McElrath and Smith.
Macadoo is going to do big things for them next year.
Casting
6/19/2019 10:26am Edited Date/Time 6/19/2019 10:28am
Oh yeah! I forgot about that. Duh.

Macadoo seems to have a bright future. Same with Michael Mosiman (spelling?) they both look like up and comers.

@Baton Rouge, I heard rumors Smith was going to PC.
6/19/2019 10:26am
Casting wrote:
What makes no sense to me is why TLD would bench Shane for the latter half of the 2019 supercross season if they know he won't...

McAdoo is apparently a done deal for 2020 with KTM TLD but as you say i don’t really see any title contender next year on the TLD team exept for SX with Smith but he will have to face Forkner, Ferrandis, Sexton, Cooper...
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
6/19/2019 10:29am
Casting wrote:

McAdoo is apparently a done deal for 2020 with KTM TLD but as you say i don’t really see any title contender next year on the...
McAdoo is apparently a done deal for 2020 with KTM TLD but as you say i don’t really see any title contender next year on the TLD team exept for SX with Smith but he will have to face Forkner, Ferrandis, Sexton, Cooper...
They say...Smith to Pro Circuit is a done deal, but who knows.
kage173
6/19/2019 10:50am
Shane is Shane.

Maybe the change of scenery does something, but I predict 2 dominant SX race wins, a head-scratching disappearing act in a few rounds, maybe a injury sprinkled in here or there, and a lackluster outdoors.
6/19/2019 10:58am
Casting wrote:
Oh yeah! I forgot about that. Duh. Macadoo seems to have a bright future. Same with Michael Mosiman (spelling?) they both look like up and comers...
Oh yeah! I forgot about that. Duh.

Macadoo seems to have a bright future. Same with Michael Mosiman (spelling?) they both look like up and comers.

@Baton Rouge, I heard rumors Smith was going to PC.
I talked to Michael Mosiman a good bit at High Point, super nice guy. I think he's going to be top 5 guy and maybe some more podiums before the end of Nationals.
FuzzyLogic
6/19/2019 12:04pm
Casting wrote:

McAdoo is apparently a done deal for 2020 with KTM TLD but as you say i don’t really see any title contender next year on the...
Smith is strongly rumored to be going to PC as AC will be moving up and Marty has pointed out and has been rumored to be retiring if he doesn't get a 450 ride.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
6/19/2019 12:11pm
Marty should ride for Rock River on a 450. Consistently put it in the top ten and get himself a good ride for 2021 before he calls it quits.
sam hain
6/19/2019 12:25pm
These phantom injuries are becoming the norm with the career 250 guys, I expect we'll see more and more of them as time progresses and 450 rides just aren't there. Someone needs to address the problem and call it for what it is, in this generation the 250 class is no longer a stepping stone to the 450's for any guy outside the top 3. The point out system is waste of time and hurts the competitiveness off the class when these fake injuries happen so guys can stay down another year.
hamncheeze
6/19/2019 1:14pm Edited Date/Time 6/19/2019 1:21pm
So if we believe every rumour out there, McElrath pulled out of SX in agreement with the team so he would not point out of SX, citing a back injury. Then he comes back for outdoors, looks lackluster and now is headed to Star Yamaha. Not a good look, and if I'm TLD-KTM I'd be pretty pissed off. I'm sure if they thought Shane was going to leave they'd have made him race from Seattle onwards so he'd point out.

Who will be on a KTM next year? Drake for sure, Falk probable, Cantrell highly unlikely, McAdoo maybe if he keeps converting his opportunity into results. Would they take on a guy like Hartranft or Hayes maybe?

EDIT: The only way I really see KTM winning in the 250s next year is if Prado decides to come to America because he is out of MX2, Youthstream doesn't change the rules and he decides he's not ready for a 450. I think it would be really cool if he did come over, by all accounts he is very SX capable.
motomoto652
6/19/2019 1:25pm
So TLD if rumors are correct it will be Drake, Oldenburg, McAdoo? Who’s 4th slot Hayes? Maybe Decotis? Or does Prado come over?
MX Culture
6/19/2019 4:09pm Edited Date/Time 6/19/2019 4:13pm
Personally, I see McElrath as a title contender for 250 West on a Yamaha but most know my bias on that one. I’d also love to see AMart back on blue.
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
6/19/2019 4:24pm
So TLD if rumors are correct it will be Drake, Oldenburg, McAdoo? Who’s 4th slot Hayes? Maybe Decotis? Or does Prado come over?
I would think they'd bring Mitchell Falk back for another try. He failed to strike a blow this year due to injury, if he gets put out to pasture already he'll be hard done by in my opinion when you look at how long Cantrell has kept his ride.

Pierce Brown will be due up next year wont he? At the latest outdoors next year. Brown,Drake, Mcadoo and Falk seems like a pretty likely team. Not a lot of race wins in there though so it would be a step back in results.
RexEasely
6/19/2019 6:49pm
Casting wrote:

1 race 1 race and only 1 race and he did not win that 1 race
ktmdan
6/19/2019 7:34pm
MX Culture wrote:
Personally, I see McElrath as a title contender for 250 West on a Yamaha but most know my bias on that one. I’d also love to...
Personally, I see McElrath as a title contender for 250 West on a Yamaha but most know my bias on that one. I’d also love to see AMart back on blue.
I basically lost a title a few years ago to a mechanical, or electrical rather, in Dallas right?
Sully
6/19/2019 11:27pm
MX Culture wrote:
Personally, I see McElrath as a title contender for 250 West on a Yamaha but most know my bias on that one. I’d also love to...
ktmdan wrote:
I basically lost a title a few years ago to a mechanical, or electrical rather, in Dallas right?
I thought it was a flat front tire?
mx216
6/20/2019 2:09am
MX Culture wrote:
ktmdan wrote:
Sully wrote:
I thought it was a flat front tire?
Coming into 2016 beginning of november crashed at test track, destroyed his wrist and lacerated his liver. Rode 250 east and was only on the bike a very short time before season started. He got a rear flat in toronto 2016. In 2017 engine problem causing a DNF and crashing and injuing his hip when alldredge went down in front of him seattle cost him the championship basically, the year Hill won it.
6/20/2019 8:20am
hamncheeze wrote:
So if we believe every rumour out there, McElrath pulled out of SX in agreement with the team so he would not point out of SX...
So if we believe every rumour out there, McElrath pulled out of SX in agreement with the team so he would not point out of SX, citing a back injury. Then he comes back for outdoors, looks lackluster and now is headed to Star Yamaha. Not a good look, and if I'm TLD-KTM I'd be pretty pissed off. I'm sure if they thought Shane was going to leave they'd have made him race from Seattle onwards so he'd point out.

Who will be on a KTM next year? Drake for sure, Falk probable, Cantrell highly unlikely, McAdoo maybe if he keeps converting his opportunity into results. Would they take on a guy like Hartranft or Hayes maybe?

EDIT: The only way I really see KTM winning in the 250s next year is if Prado decides to come to America because he is out of MX2, Youthstream doesn't change the rules and he decides he's not ready for a 450. I think it would be really cool if he did come over, by all accounts he is very SX capable.
I like Shane and he has no doubt had a poor run with injuries. Question for me remains... will the switch to Star Yamaha REALLY make that much of a difference? Unfortunately, I see Shane having a career very similar to Davalos, Tons of potential but always falling short...
kage173
6/20/2019 9:04am
I don't see why Prado would come over and ride for TLD. I'm sure he'd push for Red Bull KTM. And if he did, he'd only be good for outdoors his first year. Maybe he can top 5 in 250sx at best.
DE262
6/20/2019 9:35am
All interesting theories...
Pierce Brown is coming up for sure- he's already there.
Next year? Hmmmm...Dry
WW444
6/20/2019 9:45am
Casting wrote:

I hope Macadoo does do good things next year because I love watching a stacked 250 class but you have to remember his first 2 years with Geico were terrible.
aroark247
6/20/2019 9:46am
Star should sign Carter Halpain. Extremely talented, especially for sx
hamncheeze
6/20/2019 9:57am
WW444 wrote:
I hope Macadoo does do good things next year because I love watching a stacked 250 class but you have to remember his first 2 years...
I hope Macadoo does do good things next year because I love watching a stacked 250 class but you have to remember his first 2 years with Geico were terrible.
He had a tremendously difficult time keeping the bike upright, and as a result was injured a lot. I think he's matured in his riding this year, his SX season was sneaky good. He's always going to scare the crap out of me in big whoops but I do think he's learned the value of consistent laps over blazing laps.

His recent podcasts with Swapmoto Live have been good, and he talks about how he has matured as a rider. He seems very mature for 21 in terms of his speaking and analysis, I hope he can keep it up.
crockett
6/20/2019 10:25am
If tld gets Prado they will have something to smile about

Post a reply to: McElrath to Star 2020

The Latest