McAdoo has become the bar

cityjack
Edited Date/Time 4/15/2021 5:14am
As many have repeated here, never was a huge fan, but after tonight, I am. For all those that take a ride on the back of the Alpinestars buggy over to the truck to get checked out for a sore knee, twisted finger, sore back, or torn shirt because they know in the end the check is gonna cash.............watch this crash and rethink that ride.

You know Mitch loved to see the grit his rider showed. He always said he'd rather pay for results than the amatuer hype. Hannah would be proud!

Respect Cameron.
|
RMT
4/14/2021 6:26am

Motox627!
4/14/2021 6:29am
RMT wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/04/14/487711/s1200_777287B9_7D5B_4522_AAE1_802BDD6623A2.jpg[/img]

That's the only way i am dragging a bar in a corner.
Chance1216
4/14/2021 6:40am
After watching his interview, it was pretty obvious he was was in pain while limping off. Anyone who can push through pain, race and, end up on the podium, definitely has my respect.

Vital: He shouldn’t race. He shouldn’t be allowed to restart.

McAdoo: Hold my beer, watch this.
peltier626
4/14/2021 6:50am
That was one hell of an effort! WOW. Much respect and admiration.

The Shop

hyler199
4/14/2021 6:53am
Yeah I was honestly instantly thinking the worst and I wasn’t going to see him moving at all. Last time I made a physical outburst like that was when my boy Zacho cleaned out Savatgy for the championship win. That was for excitement, this one tho was pure holy fuckin horror lol

The fact that he got up, on the bike and raced was just motivating to me. I became a huge Macadoo fan right there. He deserves all the accolades comin to him.

Fuck ya dude! Fuckin fuck ya
kage173
4/14/2021 7:33am
Incredible ride. Kid has me as a fan for the rest of his career. What an animal
Ted722
4/14/2021 8:05am Edited Date/Time 4/14/2021 8:08am
Got the attention of a primarily stick and ball 🏀 🏈 🏒 sports site (and probably more out there)

https://www.outkick.com/supercross-racer-gets-gumbyd-in-wild-crash-gets…

“There are tough guys and then there’s 23-year-old tough guy Cameron McAdoo who made himself some supercross fans Tuesday night after what he went through during the 250SX main event at Atlanta Motor Speedway....”
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
4/14/2021 8:27am
hyler199 wrote:
Yeah I was honestly instantly thinking the worst and I wasn’t going to see him moving at all. Last time I made a physical outburst like...
Yeah I was honestly instantly thinking the worst and I wasn’t going to see him moving at all. Last time I made a physical outburst like that was when my boy Zacho cleaned out Savatgy for the championship win. That was for excitement, this one tho was pure holy fuckin horror lol

The fact that he got up, on the bike and raced was just motivating to me. I became a huge Macadoo fan right there. He deserves all the accolades comin to him.

Me too. I thought I had finally witnessed someone die on a supercross broadcast. Huge props to him for lining back up.
ktmdan
4/14/2021 8:27am
I thought he was just punch drunk talking when he said Bodnar said he was good to go on the hot mic. I wonder if that actually happened.
Chance1216
4/14/2021 8:28am
Ted722 wrote:
Got the attention of a primarily stick and ball 🏀 🏈 🏒 sports site (and probably more out there) https://www.outkick.com/supercross-racer-gets-gumbyd-in-wild-crash-gets-back-on-the-bike-finishes-3rd/ “There are tough guys and then...
Got the attention of a primarily stick and ball 🏀 🏈 🏒 sports site (and probably more out there)

“There are tough guys and then there’s 23-year-old tough guy Cameron McAdoo who made himself some supercross fans Tuesday night after what he went through during the 250SX main event at Atlanta Motor Speedway....”
I guess that one way to bring more fans to the sport.
The McAdoo way. Look mom, no hands.
RMT
4/14/2021 8:47am
Ted722 wrote:
Got the attention of a primarily stick and ball 🏀 🏈 🏒 sports site (and probably more out there) https://www.outkick.com/supercross-racer-gets-gumbyd-in-wild-crash-gets-back-on-the-bike-finishes-3rd/ “There are tough guys and then...

Chance1216 wrote:
It is but at the same very telling. Our sport, hobby or pastime, whatever you want to call it only seems to draw mainstream attention when something visually ugly like this happens. I wish they could focus on the athleticism and strategy motocross is instead of only bringing it up when someone gets hurt, killed or has a spectacular crash. Would they have run this story if there was not a camera on Mcadoo to record the crash from all angles? I mean the accident still happed and he still got up and put in a podium finish.

I guess in the world of clickbait and sensationalism this is to be expected except that this has been going on long before a click or "like" was a thing. MX is niche and extreme and the general public isn't so at some point we need to quit trying to sell it to the masses. DV couldn't have been more correct.

Props to the kid, I bet he is feeling it today! I couldn't imagine being his parents and watching that go down, had to be a grueling couple of minutes for Mama Mcadoo. We should send the gal some flowers or something today. Good to be young and flexible, can you imagine if that happened to one of us 40 or 50+ weekend warriors! I would have broken like a bag of glass!
Motox627!
4/14/2021 8:57am
hyler199 wrote:
Yeah I was honestly instantly thinking the worst and I wasn’t going to see him moving at all. Last time I made a physical outburst like...

Wife was watching the race with me as she usually does, but left the room when we watched him wad. We both let out horrified gasp. She asked how he was doing a few minutes later (from the other room she was in) and i said "this mother fucker is lining up!!!!!!!!" she came running back out saying "no fucking way"! it was something to witness for sure and we are now fans of that kid for life! True fucking grit!
Chance1216
4/14/2021 9:02am
Ted722 wrote:

Chance1216 wrote:
RMT wrote:
It is but at the same very telling. Our sport, hobby or pastime, whatever you want to call it only seems to draw mainstream attention when...
It is but at the same very telling. Our sport, hobby or pastime, whatever you want to call it only seems to draw mainstream attention when something visually ugly like this happens. I wish they could focus on the athleticism and strategy motocross is instead of only bringing it up when someone gets hurt, killed or has a spectacular crash. Would they have run this story if there was not a camera on Mcadoo to record the crash from all angles? I mean the accident still happed and he still got up and put in a podium finish.

I guess in the world of clickbait and sensationalism this is to be expected except that this has been going on long before a click or "like" was a thing. MX is niche and extreme and the general public isn't so at some point we need to quit trying to sell it to the masses. DV couldn't have been more correct.

Props to the kid, I bet he is feeling it today! I couldn't imagine being his parents and watching that go down, had to be a grueling couple of minutes for Mama Mcadoo. We should send the gal some flowers or something today. Good to be young and flexible, can you imagine if that happened to one of us 40 or 50+ weekend warriors! I would have broken like a bag of glass!
The same could be said about other sports as well. I really don’t pay much attention to any other sport unless, there’s a short clip of it on the news. Even then it’s just a damn, hope that guy/gal is ok and move on.
Selling it to the masses by sensationalism are generally stories lacking accurate information. What is there to report if it’s another uneventful day at the office? Unfortunately, pics, and videos that bring people out of their comfort zone, draw attention.
davistld01
4/14/2021 9:06am
Tough kid! He is the antithesis of some of the whiney baby racers on some of the teams today. I hope Cameron goes on to great success.
Bike Rat
4/14/2021 9:47am
I’ll bet that torn groin hurts today!!Like a real kick to the nuts
mxpro252
4/14/2021 9:53am
Motox627! wrote:
Wife was watching the race with me as she usually does, but left the room when we watched him wad. We both let out horrified gasp...
Wife was watching the race with me as she usually does, but left the room when we watched him wad. We both let out horrified gasp. She asked how he was doing a few minutes later (from the other room she was in) and i said "this mother fucker is lining up!!!!!!!!" she came running back out saying "no fucking way"! it was something to witness for sure and we are now fans of that kid for life! True fucking grit!
Ha! That was almost exactly me. Horrified then shortly after, “he’s gettin back on the bike!”
Motox627!
4/14/2021 11:47am
Motox627! wrote:
Wife was watching the race with me as she usually does, but left the room when we watched him wad. We both let out horrified gasp...
mxpro252 wrote:
Ha! That was almost exactly me. Horrified then shortly after, “he’s gettin back on the bike!”
Dude, did you see the riders on each side when he lined back up in the gate? They both kept looking over like "WTF, what are you doing here?!?!?!?" It was pretty funny!
ShawdowGlen
4/14/2021 3:40pm
You know the old saying...."Dude has balls that he's gotta carry around in a wheelbarrow..." = Wackers!
mb60
4/14/2021 6:13pm
Think Carson Mumford could learn something from him ?
olds cool
4/14/2021 6:29pm
He wasn’t in it for no stinking participation trophy. He made sure he earned a real one!
MX690
4/14/2021 7:20pm
I'll play devil's advocate, if there was no red flag he wasn't getting back on that bike.
Alex814
4/14/2021 8:14pm
MX690 wrote:
I'll play devil's advocate, if there was no red flag he wasn't getting back on that bike.
So are you playing devil's advocate to the opinion that Cameron showed grit? Because he didn't immediately jump back on the bike? Seems more like trolling for attention.
Spudnut
4/14/2021 9:04pm
Chuck Norris would approve

I was a moderate fan of macadoo now I’m a huge fan

Anyone saying he shouldn’t have been allowed to race would be the same people complaining if he chose not to line back up...just looking for something to talk crap about
4/14/2021 9:18pm
I haven't seen something like that in a long time, to go for it after that was a fair effort.

However the most heroic ride I've seen is James Stewart daytona 2011, not only did he get up after a massive off he put in probably the best ride on a SX track.
H4L
4/14/2021 9:23pm
Much respect to the kid. Became a fan after watching him put in that ride.
wardy
4/14/2021 9:54pm
this likely has already been said. but.

we all see chad reed fly through the air, landing on the side of that jump and getting up and taking off. everyone and anyone said "wow"................

this crash, 20x's more violent and boom he is off.

everyone questions the rider, his thoughts, etc. what else would he do? championships are not won simply by winning it all, it's by saving the bad day.

my question. what would be wrong with the bike? after that kind of his, throttle, triple clamps, etc. stuff could go very wrong hucking another huge jump and flat landing it....to find out the bike is really broke.

what's going to be next? because it's going to take one hell of a hit to top this one. the dude is lucky and tuf as nails.
crusher773
4/14/2021 9:57pm
I would like to formally start beating the drum for McAdoo to be on the MXdN team. We need that kind of heart alongside the #16. I don't even care that we haven't gotten to outdoors. We need that kind of grit on the line.
KurtJ99
Fantasy
671st
4/14/2021 10:49pm
RMT wrote:
It is but at the same very telling. Our sport, hobby or pastime, whatever you want to call it only seems to draw mainstream attention when...

Just like Chad Reed’s crash at Millville, I think it garnered national attention not for the gnarly crash but the true grit of the rider getting back on the bike and resuming the race. That’s the kind of attention I’d think we’d all approve of.
LoudLove
4/15/2021 5:14am
Once Cameron completed a self-assessment of his situation, he made a business decision: if I don’t remount & race, it’s over. The championship, and possibly my career. I’m 23 and on my first tour with a top-level team. My life has revolved around this objective for a decade, maybe more. Not riding is not an option. I’m a pro athlete, and I’m not paid to think; I’m paid to perform. And sitting inside the team truck while a race is being run is not performing.

Cameron’s performance is to be commended, regardless of whether one thinks he should have been allowed to race. But don’t sell yourselves short: many of us would have done the same when everything you have worked for is on the line. Mac doesn’t have the luxury of a multi-year factory contract or previous titles to fall back on. He has to get it done, and get it done now. Or next year he’s possibly sitting in a fold-out chair, looking at some random guy, asking himself why he didn’t get back on the bike.

Post a reply to: McAdoo has become the bar

The Latest