Maybe two mains instead of three?

I liked the new format but I'm not sure it creates the best viewing experience for the sport, and sponsors are not going to get their money's worth in advertising if everyone starts watching tape delay and FFwds through all the commercials. I think 3 mains is great to mix up the series, but I don't think it's realistic format for the whole series.

I would say keep the triple crown as is with 3 mains for a select 3 races, and then convert the rest of the series to a 2-main format. This would probably be the happy medium and it would match the format of the outdoors. This eliminates downtime, and avoids the situation where riders in the 3rd moto don't need to advance positions in order to maintain their OA position.

Did the factory guys actually run 3 sets of new tires last night? Does the steel starting gate chew into the new tires a bit at launch?
|
1/21/2018 11:31am Edited Date/Time 1/21/2018 11:31am
I've been saying two 20-minutes motos all along. With points awarded for each race. Hmmmm, sounds so familiar and time-tested ...
1/21/2018 11:48am
I've been saying two 20-minutes motos all along. With points awarded for each race. Hmmmm, sounds so familiar and time-tested ...
Two 20 minute motos might be a bit much...I think the whole reason they are trying to mix it up is because the regular 20minute mains often become a snooze fest after 12 or so minutes. So, in order to maintain the importance of a good start and to keep the intensity up, maybe they should have one short main and one longer main. Something like one 12 minute main and one 18 minute main or something similar, and shorten the whole night show. The shorter 1st main will keep things interesting by forcing a lot of passing to recover from a bad start, and 12 minutes would allow enough time for this (unlike 8 minute main). The second longer main will allow things to sort themselves out like the 20 minute mains regularly do and it will be the best OA

I don't know, it's going to take some experimenting but I do like the fact that the riders are much more mentally challenged with 3x the nerves/adrenaline with last nights format.

Post a reply to: Maybe two mains instead of three?

The Latest