Maybe SX Des Nations ?

Our only chance of winning a Des Nations. Team USA wasn't even in the right zip code today, very disappointing.
|
RG95
10/7/2018 2:17pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2018 2:32pm
The point is, both US riders and EU riders ride outdoor motocross but only US riders actually ride indoor motocross. Now I don't wanna be a dick but I don't really get why a lot of people (mostly americans of course) try to pull out the supercross thing everytime as a sort of "excuse". I can easily remember a Ryan Villopoto in 2008 with a bad start on a muddy MXoN coming up at the top so easily, no supercross thing involved, no mud thing involved, no bad start thing involved and in the end the americans, the best riders in the world at that time actually won the trophy there in Donington Park.

But these days some people just can't realize that times have changed.

P.S.: Personally I don't care at all about supercross and I don't even like it either just saying.
Deathcross btw.
motomojo
10/7/2018 2:49pm
Seems the path being taken by those in charge is to de-emphasis the AMA Nationals at every chance to eventually have just one World SX series and one World MX series. They can then expand SX around the world while still having a world class MX series with a couple added US tracks maybe.

Just looking at the big picture from the perspective of the CEO of the Corporation that will be doing the financing and logistics.
Makes sense why have an inferior MX series starting (with busted up SX riders) while the premier series is already in full swing with the best in the business lining up every week.

The Shop

OldHalfway
10/8/2018 8:52am
Why can't we just say, "Our riders aren't the best in the world"? Instead of trying to create something where we know we will win? The rest of the world doesn't care about indoors and it will never be the bar at which the world measures the greatest riders so please stop.
10/8/2018 9:05am
Haha, this is laughable but I always thought a triple crown type deal would be cool, maybe 1 SX race, MX race, and 1 flat track, moto gp, or gncc race to crown a winner? (would show who is the best at racing all disciplines on a bike)
4rings
10/8/2018 9:11am
Fritzon wrote:
Nobody cares about SX.
This. SX was cool years ago, now it sucks. Thanks Ralph, & Feld.

I submit we shorten the SX series (8ish races, so the winter isn't all that boring) and extend the outdoor series (20 rounds).
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
10/8/2018 9:11am
Prntscrn wrote:
SXdS(des states) + France
And Australia , but how marketable would that race be? I doubt you would get the fans from all over the world like you do now
CozMan
10/8/2018 9:28am Edited Date/Time 10/8/2018 9:30am
this might have the stench of "snowflake" with it:

"I didn't win, so please change the event so that I can." Our boys got their asses collectively beat, and a tip of the hat to all the teams that smoked us. They deserved it.

I wish SX would go away entirely. It's become a circus and is honestly just "survival of the fittest" with the occasional gem of a race thrown in. Just my .02.

Edit - my wish would be that SX would be 8-10 rounds, but none of the premier teams raced it. Make it a "gateway" series to the Nationals. There would be a new winner each week, wide variations in skill of the top 5 each week, and the premier teams would focus all their energies on the longer outdoor series (April - Oct).
Jt$
10/8/2018 9:33am
All of the “SX should be less races” stuff is understandable but never going to happen. If anything, it would be the opposite. Supercross is the elephant in the room financially.
10/8/2018 9:37am
SX been shit ever since 450s got involved and that's being nice, it's literally a bane to this sport but it's where the money is at.

Ultimately I'd like the an American motocross series as a feeder system and have a schedule that has MXGP as the main series for dirt bikes and have a World SX for 8-10 races.

That would be ideal.
Forty
10/8/2018 9:49am
I can't understand how nor can I agree that SX is the reason for how USA finished.

I do believe that our track grooming and constant repair during race day has our professional riders spoiled here in the USA.
10/8/2018 9:57am
Fritzon wrote:
Nobody cares about SX.
4rings wrote:
This. SX was cool years ago, now it sucks. Thanks Ralph, & Feld. I submit we shorten the SX series (8ish races, so the winter isn't...
This. SX was cool years ago, now it sucks. Thanks Ralph, & Feld.

I submit we shorten the SX series (8ish races, so the winter isn't all that boring) and extend the outdoor series (20 rounds).
Supercross sucked from Day 1.

Regarding the original post: Isn't calling for an an "SXoN" kinda like suggesting an American Football Cup after the Americans can't qualify for the FIFA World Cup? Oh yeah, we'll show Trinidad and Tobago who's boss then.
ga_pike
10/8/2018 10:03am
What you might one day see happen is SX increase the number of rounds and the AMA MX morph with the MXGP. Then you basically choose do you want to race SX or MX and that's it.

Monster Cup would become the combined event for both disciplines.

cpyz300
10/8/2018 10:26am
Everyone is so apocalyptic with these results. Yeah we lost big time with our best we could have sent at the time, but ET is known for being off or on, Barcia is known to try his hardest but have missing pieces, and plessinger was presumably riding hurt. So honestly it's not unexpected for this to happen. We would either be competitive or flop like we did.

Anyone who thinks Eli was 100% is just stupid or trolling hardcore American fans for the fun of rubbing it in. He was missing lines all day and losing momentum in most corners and followint too much. Not something he does when he's feeling it.

SX does not affect the MX results though. I could get behind the mental aspect of not caring about the race as much or preserving your body for sx season to have an effect however. Or our tracks are too groomed etc.

One thing I don't see anyone bringing up though is the fact that GP riders all have experience racing each other and ama riders don't know them. It might be a small or large advantage depending who you are if you're not great at passing.

Herlings is probably the better outdoors rider. With that said though, Tomac could easily have his days with him as well but I don't see him winning a season over him. But also MX isnt the full sport. I look at our guys doing as well as they do in something we spend less than 50% of their time doing.

In the future, I just want to see the best race each other in MX and in SX.
Huckster
10/8/2018 10:28am
I really dont get how people can’t see the relationship between the rise of importance in SX in the USA and the demise of our outdoor skills. SX drives the revenue in the dirt bike industry. It provides more exposure for the teams and opens more sponsorship opportunities. It fiits well into TV and attracts non motorcycle people to the events. Outdoors, even though they are trying, does not. Therefore, teams value a riders SX skills more. There are more teams, rides, and income opportunities in SX for the riders because of this. Even our pro Amatuer scene is migrating to SX events like RC’s and now the events after the actual SX race. If you want to chase the dream of being a pro, of course you’re practicing SX and putting less focus on outdoors. Back in the 80’s and early 90’s it was the other way around. MC started the trend shift with his SX only contract. The focus has shifted. We no longer value the outdoors as much as we used to. SX is where the $ is at. Riders, like most people, follow the $. The Euros only have the outdoors. They are better at it right now then we are.

Post a reply to: Maybe SX Des Nations ?

The Latest