Maxxis MX-ST

Rickyisms
Couldn’t really find a long term review anywhere. I usually am an MX33 guy but have been wearing through them more than I like. The old Maxxis’ I ran lasted forever and I couldn’t complain but I think they stopped making whatever tire it was.

I ride 90% sand and loam, but I don’t want a scoop tire. Would be going on a 125.
|
10/2/2020 3:43am
Rickyisms wrote:
Couldn’t really find a long term review anywhere. I usually am an MX33 guy but have been wearing through them more than I like. The old...
Couldn’t really find a long term review anywhere. I usually am an MX33 guy but have been wearing through them more than I like. The old Maxxis’ I ran lasted forever and I couldn’t complain but I think they stopped making whatever tire it was.

I ride 90% sand and loam, but I don’t want a scoop tire. Would be going on a 125.
In loam and sand theyre excellent. Narrow tires for the size. Hard pack not so good.
chump6784
10/2/2020 3:51am
I've just ticked over 20 hours on a set on a yz250, mixture of sand, mud that turns to hard pack and a mates track that started as grass and now it's pretty hard pack. I have lost 1 knob of the front and about 3 off the rear but that happened in the last 2 rides.

I've never ridden with Dunlop's, was always Pirelli and then switched to Bridgestone for a bit. I rate the Maxxis front better than the Pirelli for feel, rear about the same. The Bridgestone I ran x30/x40 which is the intermediate and hard tire so not really comparable but I will say even on dry dusty tracks I'd take the Maxxis st over the harder Bridgestone tires. I've been very impressed with the Maxxis on everything I've ridden on
Rickyisms
10/2/2020 5:36am
chump6784 wrote:
I've just ticked over 20 hours on a set on a yz250, mixture of sand, mud that turns to hard pack and a mates track that...
I've just ticked over 20 hours on a set on a yz250, mixture of sand, mud that turns to hard pack and a mates track that started as grass and now it's pretty hard pack. I have lost 1 knob of the front and about 3 off the rear but that happened in the last 2 rides.

I've never ridden with Dunlop's, was always Pirelli and then switched to Bridgestone for a bit. I rate the Maxxis front better than the Pirelli for feel, rear about the same. The Bridgestone I ran x30/x40 which is the intermediate and hard tire so not really comparable but I will say even on dry dusty tracks I'd take the Maxxis st over the harder Bridgestone tires. I've been very impressed with the Maxxis on everything I've ridden on
Sounds close to what I ride. Thanks for the insight man, think I will go ahead and try a set.
Gebken40
10/2/2020 5:38am
I run 33's on my CRF450 and have to change them out all of the time.

I have had a set of the MX-ST's on my CR250 for a while now (over a year) and I'm a fan. They surprised the shit out of me and performed WAY better than I expected in every condition I put it through. The two stroke doesn't rip them apart or cause them to round out. I think they would be just fine for what you're doing. They are good for quite a while but once they go.... they go.

The Shop

Rickyisms
10/3/2020 7:14am
Gebken40 wrote:
I run 33's on my CRF450 and have to change them out all of the time. I have had a set of the MX-ST's on my...
I run 33's on my CRF450 and have to change them out all of the time.

I have had a set of the MX-ST's on my CR250 for a while now (over a year) and I'm a fan. They surprised the shit out of me and performed WAY better than I expected in every condition I put it through. The two stroke doesn't rip them apart or cause them to round out. I think they would be just fine for what you're doing. They are good for quite a while but once they go.... they go.
Thanks man!

Post a reply to: Maxxis MX-ST

The Latest