Max Vohland update?

They didn’t show his crash on TV, but when he was walking off the track, he was holding his shoulder. Anyone know what happened? Prognosis?

I can’t help but think it was a big mistake to change plans and move him into the pro ranks early. He seems like a great kid. I hope he can put this behind him and get back to business.
|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
2/20/2022 10:37am
In the Main Event, Vohland got off to a mid-pack start and he ended up going down in the first-turn with multiple riders hitting him while on the ground. Banged up, Vohland made the decision to get checked out by the medical staff on-site, ending his race before the completion of the first lap. The initial X-ray did not show any broken bones but Vohland plans to get a second opinion when he returns home this week.
USA
Fantasy
428th
2/20/2022 10:39am
They showed a static shot of what happened, it looked like Max tangled with someone in the 90 right after the triple. Right as he hit the ground, another rider landed from the triple and plowed right into Max. I hope he is OK, it did not look good from his body language.

Anyone else notice that the team guys, maybe the mechanic, didn't even acknowledge Max? He just took the bike and started twisting the hand guards back. I don't know if we missed something, but that guy appeared very dismissive to Max.
steezenation
2/20/2022 11:17am
USA wrote:
They showed a static shot of what happened, it looked like Max tangled with someone in the 90 right after the triple. Right as he hit...
They showed a static shot of what happened, it looked like Max tangled with someone in the 90 right after the triple. Right as he hit the ground, another rider landed from the triple and plowed right into Max. I hope he is OK, it did not look good from his body language.

Anyone else notice that the team guys, maybe the mechanic, didn't even acknowledge Max? He just took the bike and started twisting the hand guards back. I don't know if we missed something, but that guy appeared very dismissive to Max.
we were seated right there and that’s more or less what happened. he was sandwiched between his bike and another, with the front end of the other bike on top of his shoulder. never even noticed any KTM guys, just Max walking off and over to the medical peeps.
tek14
2/20/2022 12:25pm
Sure looked his shoulder was not ok.

The Shop

2/20/2022 12:48pm
USA wrote:
They showed a static shot of what happened, it looked like Max tangled with someone in the 90 right after the triple. Right as he hit...

Noticed that too with the mechanic.
fanger
2/20/2022 1:06pm
USA wrote:

Maybe he realises he is just a mechanic and not a medic and gave him space to talk to the people he needed to?
183Matt
Fantasy
1401st
2/21/2022 7:13am
USA wrote:

fanger wrote:
Maybe he realises he is just a mechanic and not a medic and gave him space to talk to the people he needed to?
Or maybe there’s some bad blood over at that team right now... ... rumor running around is they would like out of their KTM contract. Just some gossip I overheard at a local track.
2/21/2022 8:53am Edited Date/Time 2/21/2022 8:55am
183Matt wrote:
Or maybe there’s some bad blood over at that team right now... ... rumor running around is they would like out of their KTM contract. Just...
Or maybe there’s some bad blood over at that team right now... ... rumor running around is they would like out of their KTM contract. Just some gossip I overheard at a local track.
That wouldn’t surprise me. What surprised me was that Vohland signed with them to begin with. I would guess that he had his fair share of offers. KTM doesn’t exactly have a strong pedigree of success in AMA 250cc racing. I bet it was quite a shocker when the Vohlands got the call telling them they had to go pro at least a year earlier than planned, too.
88FYNN88
2/21/2022 9:53am
183Matt wrote:
Or maybe there’s some bad blood over at that team right now... ... rumor running around is they would like out of their KTM contract. Just...
That wouldn’t surprise me. What surprised me was that Vohland signed with them to begin with. I would guess that he had his fair share of...
That wouldn’t surprise me. What surprised me was that Vohland signed with them to begin with. I would guess that he had his fair share of offers. KTM doesn’t exactly have a strong pedigree of success in AMA 250cc racing. I bet it was quite a shocker when the Vohlands got the call telling them they had to go pro at least a year earlier than planned, too.
From what I remember I believe he had the option to go pro or not. KTM made the call and they agreed as long as they gave him a 3 or 4 year deal. My guess is no other team would have offered a longer term deal like that and KTM has taken care of him for a long time.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
2/24/2022 10:18am
He's going to miss this weekend's race because the MRI he got showed a big hematoma on his right shoulder and a couple of small cracks in his collarbone.
183Matt
Fantasy
1401st
2/24/2022 11:54am
183Matt wrote:
That wouldn’t surprise me. What surprised me was that Vohland signed with them to begin with. I would guess that he had his fair share of...
88FYNN88 wrote:
From what I remember I believe he had the option to go pro or not. KTM made the call and they agreed as long as they...
From what I remember I believe he had the option to go pro or not. KTM made the call and they agreed as long as they gave him a 3 or 4 year deal. My guess is no other team would have offered a longer term deal like that and KTM has taken care of him for a long time.
His current deal is 3 years. And agreed, KTM has supported him greatly over the years.

Post a reply to: Max Vohland update?

The Latest