Max Vohland supermini sweep

philG
8/5/2019 4:00pm
Dropbear wrote:
Yep, and delaying the entry to the full size pro class won’t dilute the pressure, if anything all eyes will be on how Max performs as...
Yep, and delaying the entry to the full size pro class won’t dilute the pressure, if anything all eyes will be on how Max performs as it’s been such a long build up.
Exactly.. they would be better off sticking the money into him,giving him a season or two to find his feet, in the big leagues.

OR, how about running a 125 class alongside all the nationals, ( or maybe half of them ) that is a proper series, not a sideshow, what does it cost to throw a couple of bikes in the corner of the awning , or under and EZ-UP.

philG
8/5/2019 4:14pm
oldblood wrote:
Max has been a regular at the local norcal races and practice days on a weekly basis since he started racing through week before last.
Yes, same as Evan Ferry.. you dont get to be a good racer if you dont race.
DonM
8/5/2019 4:15pm
Vohland is 16 & dwarfs a supermini, Liam Everts is 15 & looks tiny riding a 125. Funny how the career paths are so different in...
Vohland is 16 & dwarfs a supermini, Liam Everts is 15 & looks tiny riding a 125. Funny how the career paths are so different in the US compared to Europe.
philG wrote:
But one of them is doing it right.. big fan of Vohland, but i think he needed to have Max on a 125 sooner.. i did...
But one of them is doing it right.. big fan of Vohland, but i think he needed to have Max on a 125 sooner.. i did hear talk of him coming to europe, he a good time to do ot with 8 guys aging out, but with no 125 or 250 form its a big risk
I find it funny that we have people on here that have all the answers to a young mans career without any facts...or much less have even had a conversation with anyone remotely close to them...pretty sure the Voland's know how to do this...
Didn't these same people rake Liam Everts father through the coals in a thread last week for being a bad manager...oh the irony!!....
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
8/5/2019 4:34pm
DonM wrote:
I find it funny that we have people on here that have all the answers to a young mans career without any facts...or much less have...
I find it funny that we have people on here that have all the answers to a young mans career without any facts...or much less have even had a conversation with anyone remotely close to them...pretty sure the Voland's know how to do this...
Didn't these same people rake Liam Everts father through the coals in a thread last week for being a bad manager...oh the irony!!....
I think it's awesome that the Voland's take Max local racing and they are doing what they think is best for Max. I hope the decision to stay in Super Mini was there's and not the MFG looking for a title. IMO the Super Mini class is one that should be done away with. What's the point? No MFG makes a "Super Mini", these are all hand built, one off bikes. What does a championship in Super Mini prove for the MFG?

The Shop

jwoods121
Fantasy
802nd
8/5/2019 6:54pm
I got to watch Max at mammoth this year and the kid is sooo good. Yes he is big for the bike but can still ride it according to the rules set in place. Some people rush the process and it bites them in the ass. His father and uncle are very experienced and know what they are doing, far more than the people on here. He was wide open on the down hill until the tree on the left of the track, not a lot of guys were doing that. Big fan of him, talked to his dad and he was nice as could be.
andymoto
8/5/2019 7:55pm
oldblood wrote:
Max has been a regular at the local norcal races and practice days on a weekly basis since he started racing through week before last.
True dat.
dirtdog36
8/5/2019 8:15pm
jwoods121 wrote:
I got to watch Max at mammoth this year and the kid is sooo good. Yes he is big for the bike but can still ride...
I got to watch Max at mammoth this year and the kid is sooo good. Yes he is big for the bike but can still ride it according to the rules set in place. Some people rush the process and it bites them in the ass. His father and uncle are very experienced and know what they are doing, far more than the people on here. He was wide open on the down hill until the tree on the left of the track, not a lot of guys were doing that. Big fan of him, talked to his dad and he was nice as could be.
Ha! Don't you know that Vitards know more than a couple successful ex-pros that are also the kid's family??? Duh!
dadofagun
Fantasy
1926th
8/5/2019 8:18pm
Bottom line, I don't care if Max is 7 feet tall. That young man was smooth as silk in the motos I watched, never looked the least bit outta shape, and was blistering fast. I'd say with his family background, he's on a great path for future success. Fun to watch for sure
Danster
8/5/2019 9:02pm
Personally I don't think he should be in the Superminis, There's not a very long
career in Supercross/Motocross, being 16 years old racing 13 years old doesn't
make sense.? As someone mentioned before about the young kids at training tracks
spending all their time there rather then racing and getting better and faster.
Back in the day the Golden State series always had full gates in all classes, even
in the Pro class (all top pro riders) riders would use that series to get into race
shape before the Supercross series. All the training and practicing and no racing
is making us slower (not me) as proof of our MXON.
NeedMoto
8/5/2019 9:32pm
jwoods121 wrote:
I got to watch Max at mammoth this year and the kid is sooo good. Yes he is big for the bike but can still ride...
dirtdog36 wrote:
Ha! Don't you know that Vitards know more than a couple successful ex-pros that are also the kid's family??? Duh!
And pretty good ex-pro's at that.

Quote from his BIO...
"The Vohlands have been in motocross from the early 70’s. One of the advantages Max has as a young rider is that he gets trained by Tyson and Tallon Vohland who have both raced professionally, with a high number of winning races including Anaheim Supercrosses, MX Nationals, and World Championship events."

​Max is around good people, he will do well!
oldblood
8/5/2019 9:36pm
Every class has an age range. 4 to 6, 7 to 9, 10 to 12,and so on. Is it fair for a 4 yo to race against an AMA 6yo? Yes. Why? Because that 4 yo will soon be an AMA 6 yo . They can't have a class for every single age for Petes sake! If you look at the kids that won the 4 to 6, 7 to 9, 10 to 12, they all are, for the most part, at the top of the age range and looking kind of big on the bike. Look at any class.
Max didn't write the AMA rulebook, nor does he manage Lorretta's. But it's a great program in a great country that has produced many champions.
8/5/2019 10:27pm
DonM wrote:
I find it funny that we have people on here that have all the answers to a young mans career without any facts...or much less have...
Firstly, I was making a comparison between 2 riders of similar age about their size & what bike they’re riding.

Secondly, I’ve never said Stefan was a bad manager.
shuggs
8/5/2019 11:18pm
I just do t get the rush to move up??? What’s the hurry he’s only a kid! Why not let his body and mind mature at its own pace and move up when he feels like ‘this is not doing me any good, time to move’

The US always seems to be in a hurry with KIDS - must turn pro at 16, must race nationals, must get in top 10......
chippo
8/6/2019 3:32am Edited Date/Time 8/6/2019 3:33am
Milking every single second out of staying in the lower class.
DonM
8/6/2019 6:08am
DonM wrote:
Firstly, I was making a comparison between 2 riders of similar age about their size & what bike they’re riding. Secondly, I’ve never said Stefan was...
Firstly, I was making a comparison between 2 riders of similar age about their size & what bike they’re riding.

Secondly, I’ve never said Stefan was a bad manager.
Wasn't talking about you....
ga_pike
8/6/2019 6:36am
Used to be that you went from 80's to 125's... that's how it was for me. I really wish there had been stepping stone class like the current super mini class because when I was too big for 80's, I wasn't quite ready for the 125... I couldn't imagine jumping from an 85 to a 250 today.
oldblood
8/7/2019 4:39pm
slipdog wrote:
Unless you heard that from someone on your side of the pond you may have got that from a thread a week or so back when...
Unless you heard that from someone on your side of the pond you may have got that from a thread a week or so back when I state I spoke with Tallon and he would like Max to have time on a 125 before going to a 250f fulltime. Another member commented on how cool it would be for him to race the EMX125 but none of that came from the Vohland camp, just us discussing Max's future. It would be cool but I suspect his pathway will be forged in the states.
philG wrote:
Possibly.. i didnt hear it at the rrack this weekend. I personally think kids are held back doing races that mean nothing , He strikes me...
Possibly.. i didnt hear it at the rrack this weekend. I personally think kids are held back doing races that mean nothing , He strikes me as a rider likely to make it, but you have to question why he isnt in against Jett Lawrence. Maybe Tallon is managing his window of opportunity
slipdog wrote:
I just read somewhere else that Tallon recently did a podcast with Zach Osborne and spoke on this very subject but I haven't had time to...
I just read somewhere else that Tallon recently did a podcast with Zach Osborne and spoke on this very subject but I haven't had time to look it up yet.
Link?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/7/2019 5:03pm
philG wrote:
Possibly.. i didnt hear it at the rrack this weekend. I personally think kids are held back doing races that mean nothing , He strikes me...
Possibly.. i didnt hear it at the rrack this weekend. I personally think kids are held back doing races that mean nothing , He strikes me as a rider likely to make it, but you have to question why he isnt in against Jett Lawrence. Maybe Tallon is managing his window of opportunity
slipdog wrote:
I just read somewhere else that Tallon recently did a podcast with Zach Osborne and spoke on this very subject but I haven't had time to...
I just read somewhere else that Tallon recently did a podcast with Zach Osborne and spoke on this very subject but I haven't had time to look it up yet.
oldblood wrote:
Link?
oldblood
8/7/2019 5:08pm
slipdog wrote:
oldblood wrote:
Link?
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Thanks
8/7/2019 5:17pm Edited Date/Time 8/7/2019 5:19pm
Max is hyper smooth. Tall and lanky but got some euro swag in his style as well. Fun to watch.

That being said supermini is my favorite class to watch anywhere. It’s just awesome. They are the best sounding machines on this planet! You get a wide range very talented riders.
NITRODOG
Fantasy
1417th
8/7/2019 5:19pm
and Ty Masterpool went from Schoolboy 1 at Loretta's in 2018....to AMA 250 pro in 2019....skipping Schoolboy 2, 250B and 250A altogether....trains at his own compound.., and he's 17
zehn
8/7/2019 5:31pm
NITRODOG wrote:
and Ty Masterpool went from Schoolboy 1 at Loretta's in 2018....to AMA 250 pro in 2019....skipping Schoolboy 2, 250B and 250A altogether....trains at his own compound...
and Ty Masterpool went from Schoolboy 1 at Loretta's in 2018....to AMA 250 pro in 2019....skipping Schoolboy 2, 250B and 250A altogether....trains at his own compound.., and he's 17
And? This thread is about Vohland
mb60
8/7/2019 6:39pm
Maybe they see the other ktm riders bomb in the pro ranks and just taking a different approach. Seems like he has a great support group within his family.
MXBREWSKI
8/8/2019 6:52am
4 pages, and one pic of Max........but 10+ of Damon Bradshaw.............wtf people???
mag23
8/8/2019 9:29am
NITRODOG wrote:
and Ty Masterpool went from Schoolboy 1 at Loretta's in 2018....to AMA 250 pro in 2019....skipping Schoolboy 2, 250B and 250A altogether....trains at his own compound...
zehn wrote:
And? This thread is about Vohland
Nitrodog might be on to something here

I'm excited for the next two years for Max... he deserves everything coming his way, and has some pretty damn good people behind him, besides pops

The path isn't quite the norm, but they don't call Tallon, Lonewolf, for no reason.

Post a reply to: Max Vohland supermini sweep

The Latest