Max Vohland?

MyBobbym
5/30/2022 8:49pm
MxMickyV wrote:
Calm down haters. I have known Max since birth. TVShow711 ( Tallon) is not going to come this far and give up. I will have a...
Calm down haters. I have known Max since birth. TVShow711 ( Tallon) is not going to come this far and give up. I will have a talk with him and make sure his program is tight before MxNats. LOL. He will be on podium at Hangtown. Stamp it. Ask BobbyM
Damn tooting Micky V
5/30/2022 8:55pm Edited Date/Time 5/30/2022 8:56pm
his fastest laptime is on par w jett lawrences average (off by a second) so he def has the speed to be up there he just needs get his endurance up it seems and hes still young

im not a vohland fan by any means but you people are being too hard on him.
Darrin Willis
5/30/2022 9:20pm
Im a fan. Met him at pala a few years back. Im canadian. He knew a lot of current and former Canucks pros. He genuinely was interested in our conversation. Thats all I got.
Richy
5/30/2022 10:51pm
Seems so weird that some people actually enjoy shitting on a lot of these young guys who are still growing, learning, progressing, have had some gnarly injuries, etc.

Criticism is fine, everyone has tough times and it is what it is, so I'm not dogging anyone's opinion, but can we try and keep it classy?

The Shop

mx313
5/31/2022 2:16am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
his fastest laptime is on par w jett lawrences average (off by a second) so he def has the speed to be up there he just...
his fastest laptime is on par w jett lawrences average (off by a second) so he def has the speed to be up there he just needs get his endurance up it seems and hes still young

im not a vohland fan by any means but you people are being too hard on him.
Comparing someone's fastest lap time to another riders average is not a fair comparison.
Jetts fastest lap and average is 3-4 seconds faster then Max. That's how much Max needs to improve to be a title threat.
Other then the last laps once jett is coasting to victory. Every lap of jetts race is faster then Max's best lap.
I'm not shitting on max but his rookie season was impressive. A good foundation. Year 2 has been a train wreck so far.
88FYNN88
5/31/2022 4:13am
I know they have maid it clear KTM and his camp have not got along very well. Everyone is looking at him, maybe he is not happy with the bike or the bike is having issues.
5/31/2022 5:32am
mx313 wrote:
Comparing someone's fastest lap time to another riders average is not a fair comparison. Jetts fastest lap and average is 3-4 seconds faster then Max. That's...
Comparing someone's fastest lap time to another riders average is not a fair comparison.
Jetts fastest lap and average is 3-4 seconds faster then Max. That's how much Max needs to improve to be a title threat.
Other then the last laps once jett is coasting to victory. Every lap of jetts race is faster then Max's best lap.
I'm not shitting on max but his rookie season was impressive. A good foundation. Year 2 has been a train wreck so far.
hes not comparable to jett but he does have the speed. hes not a title threat but i think he could be a top 5 guy with some time and work. maybe even a top 3 guy
FerCzD
5/31/2022 5:35pm
So the bar moved from deserving a factory ride to beating Jett?
When you are on factory equipment that's the expectation, beat the #1 guy.
6/1/2022 6:58am
FerCzD wrote:
When you are on factory equipment that's the expectation, beat the #1 guy.
Is there someone that needs a ride that you could put on that bike that’s led motos and has more potential to beat Jett?
davis224
Fantasy
165th
6/1/2022 7:11am
I get the impression KTM would rather just not have a factory 250 on the track than have someone not close to the podium.
Shapi
6/1/2022 5:50pm
IMO its 99.5% mental. He just looks a bit lost at times, no swag or pop. I can tell you we've seen him out at Hangtown for the Mammoth and heard he was at Pala qualifiers just to get laps in. He's trying to work it out. His program has always seemed very strategic and so I hope there's something in there to work on the between the ears stuff, cause as we know thats where 90% of this game is for guys at his, or really any level A and up..
Hodge336
Fantasy
1753rd
6/3/2022 5:29am
Easy on Max , yea he was slow all day No crashes wait till Pala then he will show he’s Talent.
There’s no doubt he’s talented, he’s just not fast enough to carry the flag for a factory team. I have nothing against him. Seems like a...
There’s no doubt he’s talented, he’s just not fast enough to carry the flag for a factory team. I have nothing against him. Seems like a nice kid. I hope he proves me wrong in the future.
Being their only 250 rider since turning pro has to be a struggle and a lot of pressure. Other teams have multiple 250 riders where it’s not all on one guy. I know he has 450 teammates but having another 250 rider like he would at Star or PC seems like it would take some pressure off knowing that effort isn’t solely on his shoulders.
Spoonguy
6/3/2022 5:59am
A lot of items in this thread could go in the Decoster thread.
Brent
6/3/2022 8:16am
He was going pretty fast on Wednesday, I think the young man just needs some time to gel.

Some of you need to be less critical about riders you know nothing about. This sport is one of the hardest on the planet at any level.
philG
6/3/2022 8:48am
Brent wrote:
He was going pretty fast on Wednesday, I think the young man just needs some time to gel. Some of you need to be less critical...
He was going pretty fast on Wednesday, I think the young man just needs some time to gel.

Some of you need to be less critical about riders you know nothing about. This sport is one of the hardest on the planet at any level.
They dont pay points on wednesday.

There are so many riders who have the tag 'on his day he is as fast as anyone', but unless that is race day , it means nothing.
stremme12
Fantasy
3693rd
6/3/2022 9:03am Edited Date/Time 6/3/2022 9:06am
Brent wrote:
He was going pretty fast on Wednesday, I think the young man just needs some time to gel. Some of you need to be less critical...

That type of mentality of the sport is one of the reasons we can't grow into a sport with a bigger fan base. Riders keep everything quiet and hush. Nothing is ever said except how good the bike is and how its always improving. Let people speculate all they want about things they know nothing about. Maybe the rider/teams should fill them in more?

Look at F1. Those drivers talk shit on the car mid race all over the broadcast. The teams do the same to the driver if they're going too slow.

Why can't the teams and riders just be more transparent? It's not the fans fault. We'll never hear Max say a bad thing about how the team might have moved him up too soon. He's just going to say the same thing everyone else does. Bikes good......moving forward.....teams great....improvements.....race by race.....build from here......Which will lead fans to speculate because all they hear is the same thing over and over from every single rider and team.
tek14
6/3/2022 9:30am
Just one 16 years old cant fine tune new generation bike riding alone. Yamaha, Honda and Kawasaki have army of riders and bikes been out many year. Even Vialle was lost first five rounds even he´s got all support he can get and is World Champion rider. I could see him doing much better with 2-3 teammates riding with him.
MyBobbym
6/3/2022 9:39am
Brent wrote:

philG wrote:
They dont pay points on wednesday. There are so many riders who have the tag 'on his day he is as fast as anyone', but unless...

There are so many riders who have the tag 'on his day he is as fast as anyone', but unless that is race day , it means nothing.
No shit? Great insight from the peanut gallery.
6/3/2022 9:56am
Brent wrote:

philG wrote:
They dont pay points on wednesday. There are so many riders who have the tag 'on his day he is as fast as anyone', but unless...

Might not pay points, but they help keep your ride if your a young kid.
Brent
6/3/2022 5:39pm Edited Date/Time 6/3/2022 5:40pm
stremme12 wrote:
That type of mentality of the sport is one of the reasons we can't grow into a sport with a bigger fan base. Riders keep everything...
That type of mentality of the sport is one of the reasons we can't grow into a sport with a bigger fan base. Riders keep everything quiet and hush. Nothing is ever said except how good the bike is and how its always improving. Let people speculate all they want about things they know nothing about. Maybe the rider/teams should fill them in more?

Look at F1. Those drivers talk shit on the car mid race all over the broadcast. The teams do the same to the driver if they're going too slow.

Why can't the teams and riders just be more transparent? It's not the fans fault. We'll never hear Max say a bad thing about how the team might have moved him up too soon. He's just going to say the same thing everyone else does. Bikes good......moving forward.....teams great....improvements.....race by race.....build from here......Which will lead fans to speculate because all they hear is the same thing over and over from every single rider and team.
If they are willing to pay pro moto riders like they do F-1 drivers, then they would probably overlook any bad things the rider has to say about the bike. Plus, these bikes are consumer products that the public buys, and an F-1 car is not…

Get off the kid’s nuts and give him time, He is aware of the pressure on him to perform asap.
stremme12
Fantasy
3693rd
6/3/2022 6:06pm Edited Date/Time 6/3/2022 6:13pm
stremme12 wrote:
That type of mentality of the sport is one of the reasons we can't grow into a sport with a bigger fan base. Riders keep everything...

Brent wrote:
If they are willing to pay pro moto riders like they do F-1 drivers, then they would probably overlook any bad things the rider has to...
If they are willing to pay pro moto riders like they do F-1 drivers, then they would probably overlook any bad things the rider has to say about the bike. Plus, these bikes are consumer products that the public buys, and an F-1 car is not…

Get off the kid’s nuts and give him time, He is aware of the pressure on him to perform asap.
Ken Roczen and Tomac make more than almost 1/4 of the F1 field salaries.

If a rider is as good as he thinks he is a team will put up with some shit. Ever heard of Christophe Pourcel? We can't think so narrow minded. These riders are getting some thin skin nowadays. Be more transparent. It will be good for the sport and fans.
6/4/2022 5:45am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2022 5:49am
tek14 wrote:
Just one 16 years old cant fine tune new generation bike riding alone. Yamaha, Honda and Kawasaki have army of riders and bikes been out many...
Just one 16 years old cant fine tune new generation bike riding alone. Yamaha, Honda and Kawasaki have army of riders and bikes been out many year. Even Vialle was lost first five rounds even he´s got all support he can get and is World Champion rider. I could see him doing much better with 2-3 teammates riding with him.
The news that the KTM team in Europe had to go back to the old engine and Max is forced to race the new engine that is obviously a step backward makes this point. Not only is Max trying to set the bike up by himself, he’s the only rider doing so, since the MX2 team is refusing to even race the new engine.
At any rate, it’s put up or shut up time for the NorCal homers that were calling for a podium this weekend. I hope Max can make it happen. A good weekend at his home track might be just what he needs to jump start his year.
hubbardmx50
6/4/2022 12:27pm
Hopefully better luck for Max today at his home track
gt80rider
6/4/2022 12:35pm
Looked good in qualifying today... looked fast, yet precise...
6/4/2022 1:57pm
Brent wrote:

Nah, nah it’s not. Follow any sport so closely and you will see it’s the same.
chasetwo79
6/5/2022 12:14am Edited Date/Time 6/5/2022 12:15am
It was cool to see him finish top 5 in that second moto.
He went top 5 overall too. The kid has speed. Whatever was up with his confidence in SX, he’s done decent to start outdoors. I think he’ll be solid next week at Colorado and probably Washougal, but I am curious to see how he does back east.
chuckdavies
6/5/2022 12:20am
Only a week after some of you guys were suggesting his KTM contract should be terminated he goes 5th overall. Love to see it
hubbardmx50
6/13/2022 9:30pm
Didn't even know Max got fifth overall at Hangtown. Eighth in second moto at Thunder wasnt bad either. I don't know what happened to him first moto. I agree that having only him testing and developing that 250 is probably tough. I know KTM has Ryan Morais as a test rider but does he do any testing on the 250?

Post a reply to: Max Vohland?

The Latest