Max Vohland?

mb60
4/17/2022 6:11pm
I find it hard to understand young guys like Vohland and Mumford which I both think are good kids that try there hardest. But both seem not physically strong enough to compete at that level. Jett Reynolds seems like another that was maybe pushed along to far to quickly.
MKMX
4/17/2022 6:15pm
KTM is truly the worst MFG at developing successful amateurs into championship winners. There’s a reason they have only won 3 250 titles ever
It’s wild how the MXGP MX2 team does incredibly well and the KTM USA team struggles so much. Surely they could share notes and align the programs.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
2005th
4/18/2022 12:06am
I hate when they say you're only as good as your last race... or practice in this case I guess.

I'm far from a panic button on this personally and hope the industry is too. I hope he gets some time. He has shown some promise too. It hasn't been good since coming back, but that doesn't mean he isn't good. I hope he gets a chance, and then decisions are made...
MxMickyV
4/18/2022 2:22am
Calm down haters. I have known Max since birth. TVShow711 ( Tallon) is not going to come this far and give up. I will have a talk with him and make sure his program is tight before MxNats. LOL. He will be on podium at Hangtown. Stamp it. Ask BobbyM

The Shop

4/18/2022 4:57am
MxMickyV wrote:
Calm down haters. I have known Max since birth. TVShow711 ( Tallon) is not going to come this far and give up. I will have a...
Calm down haters. I have known Max since birth. TVShow711 ( Tallon) is not going to come this far and give up. I will have a talk with him and make sure his program is tight before MxNats. LOL. He will be on podium at Hangtown. Stamp it. Ask BobbyM
You honestly believe that he’s going to go from not making the night show in Supercross to an outdoor podium performance in less than 2 months? The Kool-Aid is strong in NorCal.
philG
4/18/2022 5:40am
mb60 wrote:
I find it hard to understand young guys like Vohland and Mumford which I both think are good kids that try there hardest. But both seem...
I find it hard to understand young guys like Vohland and Mumford which I both think are good kids that try there hardest. But both seem not physically strong enough to compete at that level. Jett Reynolds seems like another that was maybe pushed along to far to quickly.
The upshot is, they arent good enough. Yet

And has already been said, the sponsors, teams, and manufacturers are more willing to spunk money on 'the next big thing' than properly funding guys who already proved themselves,

Lets be honest, in 450SX the only guy who is really proving his worth as a young talent is Chase Sexton.

He is the only young guy on a 450.

The 250SX guys are being made to look stupid by the likes of Nicoletti and Chisholm, who are old men who never made it ( still damn good pro's ) on to a top line team,

Amateur guys spend years trying not to race each other, and when it comes time, they get found out.

Vohland got pulled up off a Supermini, when he should have been on a 125 already, and now he is on the back foot. .

The list of these riders is long, and the same thing happens in Europe too.

Meanwhile , better riders are scratting round for a ride.
Gary Duck
4/18/2022 5:53am
MxMickyV wrote:
Calm down haters. I have known Max since birth. TVShow711 ( Tallon) is not going to come this far and give up. I will have a...
You honestly believe that he’s going to go from not making the night show in Supercross to an outdoor podium performance in less than 2 months...
You honestly believe that he’s going to go from not making the night show in Supercross to an outdoor podium performance in less than 2 months? The Kool-Aid is strong in NorCal.
Didn't Jeremy Martin win an outdoor championship after not making the night show earlier in the sx season?
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
4/18/2022 6:04am
MxMickyV wrote:
You honestly believe that he’s going to go from not making the night show in Supercross to an outdoor podium performance in less than 2 months...
Gary Duck wrote:
Didn't Jeremy Martin win an outdoor championship after not making the night show earlier in the sx season?
Yes.

The kid has nerve damage from his crash. Give him some time.
Trav138
4/18/2022 6:12am Edited Date/Time 4/18/2022 6:21am
Wow, the excuses being made in here holy hell. Probably embarrassing for Max having idiots make up all these excuses.
The kid has shown speed for sure, and big upside but Imo needs strength and muscle gain as he appears quite fragile and weak.
mx313
4/18/2022 6:27am
So does Max have nerve damage or is he getting a podium at in 6 weeks?
Johnny Ringo
4/18/2022 7:42am
MxMickyV wrote:
Gary Duck wrote:
No, Jeremy Martin missed a main event. Not a night show.
4/18/2022 8:18am
Gary Duck wrote:
soggy wrote:
Yes.

If that’s true, why is he even racing? Ain’t like he’s in a title fight. On top of that, if the nerve damage is severe enough to prevent him from making the night show, how can anyone reasonably expect him to be healthy enough in six weeks to be fighting for podiums in long, rough outdoor motos?
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
4/18/2022 8:52am
Gary Duck wrote:
soggy wrote:
Yes.

If that’s true, why is he even racing? Ain’t like he’s in a title fight. On top of that, if the nerve damage is severe enough...
If that’s true, why is he even racing? Ain’t like he’s in a title fight. On top of that, if the nerve damage is severe enough to prevent him from making the night show, how can anyone reasonably expect him to be healthy enough in six weeks to be fighting for podiums in long, rough outdoor motos?
Maybe he is trying to see where he is at? Do you really think he went from a top 10-12 sx and moto guy to not making the night show for no reason? I don’t hold any expectations that’ll he’ll podium outdoors. Never said that. Some idiots on here did apparently.
FerCzD
4/21/2022 7:11pm
Looks like the focus has shifted to Outdoor prep...

4/21/2022 10:33pm
It ain’t good, but it was single bad practice in a shootout. Maybe we just take a breath
bens152
4/22/2022 12:26am
FerCzD wrote:
Looks like the focus has shifted to Outdoor prep... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/04/21/545289/s1200_Screenshot_20220421_191106.jpg[/img]
Looks like the focus has shifted to Outdoor prep...

I’m glad to see this, his confidence must be shot. Especially if he is having problems with pain etc. bit more time, and some outdoors will be a great way to move on and hit the reset button.
4/22/2022 2:08am
It ain’t good, but it was single bad practice in a shootout. Maybe we just take a breath
Saint Louis the week before, he finished 11th in the Last Chance qualifier. He didn’t make the Main Event. It’s more then a single bad practice.
I hope he can pull it together for the outdoors. He should be top 10 outdoors, if he gets healthy, or gets his confidence back. Maybe top 5.
Francis377
4/22/2022 2:37am
I hope he can get fully healthy . If it is true about nerve damage that sucks. He’s too young to already be suffering from chronic injuries that will never get back to normal, I very much hope that is not the case. Depending on his personality, having to live up to his father’s name might really stress him out. Clearly he is gifted, probably not feeling great about his performance so far. Hopefully he can start off outdoors riding in the top 10 and just keep getting stronger, build some confidence and prove he is deserving of that ride.
Crush
4/24/2022 8:25am
Was getting the public show of support from The Man on RDL but it felt kinda ominous. Hope Max can get it going, unreal style to watch.
swe292
4/25/2022 3:47am
The talent coming up lately has been pretty lackluster. They need to have a stock emx 125 and 250 class here like they do in Europe. Have the manufactures throw a bit more money in to make this happen. It would probably do wonders for the sport.

Unfortunately, LL and all of the other am nationals generate way too much revenue for them to want to do this and I don’t think these new kids are adequately prepared.

Just my two cents.
lestat
4/25/2022 8:43am
swe292 wrote:
The talent coming up lately has been pretty lackluster. They need to have a stock emx 125 and 250 class here like they do in Europe...
The talent coming up lately has been pretty lackluster. They need to have a stock emx 125 and 250 class here like they do in Europe. Have the manufactures throw a bit more money in to make this happen. It would probably do wonders for the sport.

Unfortunately, LL and all of the other am nationals generate way too much revenue for them to want to do this and I don’t think these new kids are adequately prepared.

Just my two cents.
Amateur racing in the USA seems like it is actually structured so that the top ams can avoid racing each other as much as possible . It’s very strange looking at it from the outside .
kb228
4/25/2022 9:03am Edited Date/Time 4/25/2022 9:03am
scott_nz wrote:
Can anyone ever remember a factory rider not making the night show ?
RV missed the main on a 450
Lukass59
4/25/2022 9:47am
scott_nz wrote:
Can anyone ever remember a factory rider not making the night show ?
kb228 wrote:
RV missed the main on a 450
Night show and main aren’t the same thing
Chopin
5/29/2022 4:37pm
From my perspective it just seems like Max is really not enjoying himself and just doesn't have it. Was he lapped in moto one at Pala?
Hcallz5
5/29/2022 4:54pm
Hangtown should be interesting because it seems like a more traditional outdoor track. Long sweeping rutted corners, not as many corners with saddles on the inside etc. Hopefully we see Cooper, Forkner, Vohland and Brown all figure some stuff out during the week and get top 5's next weekend.
5/29/2022 5:08pm Edited Date/Time 5/29/2022 5:08pm
Hcallz5 wrote:
Hangtown should be interesting because it seems like a more traditional outdoor track. Long sweeping rutted corners, not as many corners with saddles on the inside...
Hangtown should be interesting because it seems like a more traditional outdoor track. Long sweeping rutted corners, not as many corners with saddles on the inside etc. Hopefully we see Cooper, Forkner, Vohland and Brown all figure some stuff out during the week and get top 5's next weekend.
Also his hometown track, next weekend should answer a lot of questions.
mb60
5/29/2022 5:12pm
The kid pulled a killer hole shot and led a national. Anybody rember Jason Langford at the 88 national in San Antonio. Sorry this kid at has not done anything to warrant a factory ride yet besides his name.
wb173
5/29/2022 6:05pm
MxMickyV wrote:
you joined the same day as swapJr.... and you like quads... send me your myspace handle please.
wb173
5/29/2022 6:09pm
mb60 wrote:
The kid pulled a killer hole shot and led a national. Anybody rember Jason Langford at the 88 national in San Antonio. Sorry this kid at...
The kid pulled a killer hole shot and led a national. Anybody rember Jason Langford at the 88 national in San Antonio. Sorry this kid at has not done anything to warrant a factory ride yet besides his name.
True comparison to Jason Langford. Good lord you must be hammered.
Chopin
5/29/2022 6:10pm
My bet is he medically retires due to chronic fatigue syndrome and is working at Acerbis by the end of the year.

Post a reply to: Max Vohland?

The Latest